Um how do we ask about sex party?

Lovers options, not the usual dialog option.

You could have lovers options disabled in the MCM so check that if it doesn't show up. As it implies, you do have to be rank 4 / Lover with the NPC for it to show up.

There is also a point where you ask about the party... don't click through real fast so the game can calculate the number of possible guests. If you go too fast it will not list any and just say something about "never mind, lets keep adventuring".  If so, just go back in and go through the menu slower.

Can the lover (spouse) work or does it need to be someone else? I have the option ticked in the MCM. Guess I need to go and build lover relationships with more NPCs before it can happen?

In addition to having a lover you have to have a certain number of relationship increases through SLEN. Once you meet the minimum threshold (12 iirc) you can have a party with 4 guests. Guests are drawn from the people you have increased relationships with (excluding followers iirc), and more overall increases allows for larger parties. Edit-addition: Of course the 12 increases have to be spread across at least 4 non-follower npcs too.

There are a pair of settings in the MCM that allow you to adjust the difficulty of relationship increases, top left in the Advanced tab. The kind of sex you request can also influence this: "whatever you want" gives the best chance, "make love" options come next, iirc the rest have more or less equal chances.

Hope that helps.

Guest TR0767

Lovers options, not the usual dialog option.

You could have lovers options disabled in the MCM so check that if it doesn't show up. As it implies, you do have to be rank 4 / Lover with the NPC for it to show up.

There is also a point where you ask about the party... don't click through real fast so the game can calculate the number of possible guests. If you go too fast it will not list any and just say something about "never mind, lets keep adventuring".  If so, just go back in and go through the menu slower.

Can the lover (spouse) work or does it need to be someone else? I have the option ticked in the MCM. Guess I need to go and build lover relationships with more NPCs before it can happen?

I'm thinking you need at least 4 lovers, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I know when I only had one or two, I didn't get the option (even though I had 6-7 SLEN relationship INCREASES overall, just one lover.

One other thing I don't see mentioned, when you ask about the party you need to be where you want the party to take place.  I'm not 100% on what the restrictions are, but it needs to be an interior and probably not a dungeon (and probably not a location where you'd be trespassing).  Player homes are a good choice.

I've read that there are places that you can't have parties, but I have had them outdoors: the wedding area just outside the temple in Solitude, and on the mill island in Riverwood, but only 4-8 guest parties (and both times I used Riverwood there were no dragons around to interrupt). I think the problem with exteriors has to do with resource strain. I don't recall ever having read the specifics of location restrictions, but my recall is far from ideal.

hope that helps

I'm looking for one mod from sexlab, one mod only, to use in my next playthrough. I've just come out of an 80+ level playthough with a ton of sexlab mods installed and enjoyed decent stability, but script lag was a big problem, even quest breaking at some points. This mod fits my profile almost perfectly in that it allows for a variety of situations, but I wonder if the arousal framework could be avoided. Could a workaround be used like declaring a fixed, static arousal value for every actor that never changes and that would be read by this mod just like the sexlab arousal redux output? I know this souds cheaty but I really want to go as lightweight as possible and the arousal mechanics, interesting as they may be, are not critical to me. For all I care, I'd set the arousal value to 100 and leave it there. I'm asking this here because you of all people must know which parameters need to be taken in by the mod, and might help me think of some way to generate valid parameters without having scripts running all the time reading and updating actor arousals dynamically. I imagine one script and one esp, the script sets up a fixed value for the arousal of all actors and resets it every time another mod (like SLEN) makes changes to it. Thanks for any help!

I'm looking for one mod from sexlab, one mod only, to use in my next playthrough. I've just come out of an 80+ level playthough with a ton of sexlab mods installed and enjoyed decent stability, but script lag was a big problem, even quest breaking at some points. This mod fits my profile almost perfectly in that it allows for a variety of situations, but I wonder if the arousal framework could be avoided. Could a workaround be used like declaring a fixed, static arousal value for every actor that never changes and that would be read by this mod just like the sexlab arousal redux output? I know this souds cheaty but I really want to go as lightweight as possible and the arousal mechanics, interesting as they may be, are not critical to me. For all I care, I'd set the arousal value to 100 and leave it there. I'm asking this here because you of all people must know which parameters need to be taken in by the mod, and might help me think of some way to generate valid parameters without having scripts running all the time reading and updating actor arousals dynamically. I imagine one script and one esp, the script sets up a fixed value for the arousal of all actors and resets it every time another mod (like SLEN) makes changes to it. Thanks for any help!

i dont think aroused redux will impact that much ... my opinion tho coz never had any script lag if aroused used with SLEN

I'd use this one. What I found the biggest source of script lag (running hormones, Soul Gem Oven III, and Milk Mod Economy with this) was FloppySoS for me. It worked fine until my mod count hit 200.

Thanks guys. And I do like to run soulgem oven iii but after turning a lot of npc's into milk cows (sorry about the language ehehe) their ovens start to glitch, not uptdating gems and even milk. So I wonder if SGO3 really is my script lag "culprit", not necessarily from the mod itself but from the way I used it. I do run over 400 mods, with many merges and wrye bash and my final esp count is over 240, but I've tried to leave script intensive mods out of the picture, meaning things like frostfall, hunger and hygiene mods and the such.

One other question, does this mod really work with just basic sexlab and SAR, without any added animations? My other candidate to "sole mod" was radiant prostitution, because it's fun, but it requires ZAZ which, regardless of being something of a standard, brings my animation count to almost 3000 and thats without creature support that the same mod also requires. My other nemesis besides script lag was footik crashes on load...

Thanks guys. And I do like to run soulgem oven iii but after turning a lot of npc's into milk cows (sorry about the language ehehe) their ovens start to glitch, not uptdating gems and even milk. So I wonder if SGO3 really is my script lag "culprit", not necessarily from the mod itself but from the way I used it. I do run over 400 mods, with many merges and wrye bash and my final esp count is over 240, but I've tried to leave script intensive mods out of the picture, meaning things like frostfall, hunger and hygiene mods and the such.

One other question, does this mod really work with just basic sexlab and SAR, without any added animations? My other candidate to "sole mod" was radiant prostitution, because it's fun, but it requires ZAZ which, regardless of being something of a standard, brings my animation count to almost 3000 and thats without creature support that the same mod also requires. My other nemesis besides script lag was footik crashes on load...

Well, my 2 cents since I see you've posted a few places about building a new load order.

Honestly at 400 mods I doubt you had a single lag "culprit".  Mod scripts are all fighting for limited Oldrim CPU power (which doesn't make much use of modern computer hardware), and when you get a traffic jam of scripts your CPU can't process in time you get a stack dump which breaks mods/scripts all over the place.  Once the stack dump happens once in a save (aka probably the first time you saw "script lag" in game), you'll likely get more and more of them which is possibly why SGO3 started acting weird, because data was being lost and the messed up scripts were being baked into the save file.  The stack dump trigger is often when lots of mods try to do their thing at the same time, say if you have too many mods that try to scan NPCs in a big city as soon as you fast travel in.

My recommendation is figure out the mods you definitely want in your system based on what they do, not what the forums say about script load (unless a support thread has a lot of complaints about scripting issues or the mod creator specifically says the mod is really heavy).  Once you make that mod list, if you monitor your papyrus logs and make sure you never see a stack dump, you shouldn't have many script issues with that save file.  If you do see a stack dump, reload from a previous save, and if it keeps happening, you can try to look at what was running just before the stack dump happened to figure out what mod might be triggering the traffic jam.

Also, don't quote me on this but I believe I've read that that "Foot IK" error box that shows up from crash fixes doesn't have that much to do with your # of animations, but more to do with the size of your save file.  I had those crashes constantly a long time ago when we had a tiny fraction of the animations we do now, and currently with 7600 human and 3000 creature animations I see Foot IK errors fairly rarely (and when they happen it is dependent on the individual save, the next save is just as likely to load without preloading).  

I'm pretty sure my 400 mod behemoth is mostly neutral scriptwise. I carefully removed every single mod I suspected of possibly spamming scripts, things like hunger mods, wet and cold, frostfall, etc. Even footprints, which I read was script intensive. I may remove others, like blowing signs that depend on weather conditions, etc. I even removed the immersive npc's mod for the sheer number of actors it spammed everywhere. Most of my mods other than LL are landscape, texture, quests, locations, new items, levelled lists and patches to make all of those work together. Maybe some "famous" followers like Inigo are themselves script intensive? I have a couple of mods that do "item auto-sorting" to containers, like LOTD, blacksmith's basement or the scholars' library. I can imagine this sorting can itself lead to heavy script traffic. Also from some point onward I had footik crashes that forced me to preload all the time, until nooder here saved my ass by pointing me to a mod that prevents multiple cores to race with scripts. Maybe both issues are related, script lag and footik crashes, in that my savegames may be bloated with script dumps? They're over 40Mb for quite some time.

Now, for papyrus monitoring, is it enought that I activate the lines in the ini file? Meaning turning papyrus logging, debug logging, etc all to 1. because I did that and my logs folder remains gloriously empty... Can you also detect the stack dumps with the savegame script cleaner app?

The mod uses whatever animations you have installed. If you don't have that many then you won't have as many choices and will get a lot of repeats, but if it wants one with tags you don't have it can fall back to something else more generic.

I have a couple of mods that do "item auto-sorting" to containers, like LOTD, blacksmith's basement or the scholars' library. I can imagine this sorting can itself lead to heavy script traffic.

As far as I understand, there are two kinds of scripts. Some are the Aroused and health / weather types that fire on a regular and timed basis or are always running and checking for events and the other are mods that fire a script when a thing happens like you putting items in a chest.

A heavy load can still cause problems when you, for example, put items in a box and the script runs to sort the items and takes just enough CPU cycles to cause a weather or arousal or hunger script to not fire leading to issues. Just because there is a script in the mod doesn't mean it increases your load.

Aroused at least has an option to increase the delay between it running the update script and combined with SLEN you could set that so high it doesn't matter and just use the hotkey (normally N) to update that NPC's arousal and let the SLEN calculations work correctly.

Now, for papyrus monitoring, is it enought that I activate the lines in the ini file? Meaning turning papyrus logging, debug logging, etc all to 1. because I did that and my logs folder remains gloriously empty... Can you also detect the stack dumps with the savegame script cleaner app?

Over 40 MB?  Yea it may have just been that the save was too old and full of the silly Skyrim problems that build up like stack dumps and save bloat, not much to do at that point but start a new character. 

Honestly what your doing sounds like a good approach, all those big scripted overhaul mods were probably a huge portion of your script load.  I meant more that script lag isn't always about mods spamming scripts, it can also be that at some point you had a stack dump which broke mods that normally are really good script wise.  I've been running SGO3 forever on a very heavy load order and have never seen it bug out once, but I catch the game trying to stack dump all the time if certain things happen all at once.  I don't mind monitoring it constantly myself, but if I wanted a smoother play experience I would cut back on mods that I know can trigger them under certain circumstances.

Vilja/Inigo ect are really script intensive... but they are also programmed extremely well and I've never seen them cause problems by themselves.  I've had lots of issues with auto-sorters in mods, so I avoid those personally (but I also carry way to many items in my inventory).  Honestly the #1 offender for me is the vanilla quests that pull all your inventory out and put it in a chest, those seem to be a guaranteed stack dump unless I pre-unload most of my junk.

Basically long story short is that if you are trying really hard for a smooth game watch out for spikes in scripts just as much as you watch out for mods that are too script heavy, and papyrus logging is unfortunately the only way I know of to see if your setup is trying to do too much at once and causing problems.  Stack dumps don't show up in save game cleaner at all.  Not sure why your logs aren't showing up, google is probably the best way to answer that.

Hope the new game lives a long happy life of not being a laggy mess.

As far as I understand, there are two kinds of scripts. Some are the Aroused and health / weather types that fire on a regular and timed basis or are always running and checking for events and the other are mods that fire a script when a thing happens like you putting items in a chest.

A heavy load can still cause problems when you, for example, put items in a box and the script runs to sort the items and takes just enough CPU cycles to cause a weather or arousal or hunger script to not fire leading to issues. Just because there is a script in the mod doesn't mean it increases your load.

Aroused at least has an option to increase the delay between it running the update script and combined with SLEN you could set that so high it doesn't matter and just use the hotkey (normally N) to update that NPC's arousal and let the SLEN calculations work correctly.

I'll also check if my weather mod (vivid weathers) is known to be script intensive. And what about Minty's Lightning Mod ;) But your tip on making the arousal update almost manual sounds great, I'll definitely give it a try.

On a completely different subject, has SLEN ever been reported to conflict with the base game or other mods in terms of dialogue lines? I had a couple of issues like that, such as the White Phial quest never starting because the old guy's dialogue never gave me the needed lines. Main suspects are dialogue changing mods, such as this or Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.

Over 40 MB?  Yea it may have just been that the save was too old and full of the silly Skyrim problems that build up like stack dumps and save bloat, not much to do at that point but start a new character. 

(...)

Hope the new game lives a long happy life of not being a laggy mess.

LOL The incredible thing is my previous game was 40MB since around level 30, early enough to break Wyrmstooth before I had the chance to even visit the place. Savegame script cleaner didn't even load them (crashed) since then. But I managed to play until level 80 and finish a lot of other quest lines and quest mods, by preloading, using the console to move forward broken quests, etc. The game was smooth, with some odd crashes and console fixes were rare, but some quests were broken beyond repair. Lurius Liore is definitely a zombie that just sits in the Bannered Mare and never goes to Solitude. I even console forwarded the barrow of the wyrm quest to wyrmstooth but Liore is still a zombie and doesn't go anywhere, and he's the quest lead so you need to follow him for the quest to advance...

But no worries, as I said my playthrough started as a test-run and became my most accomplished game yet, even with all those problems. Now I want to start clean and keep it clean :) Thanks for the tips!

I'll also check if my weather mod (vivid weathers) is known to be script intensive. And what about Minty's Lightning Mod ;) But your tip on making the arousal update almost manual sounds great, I'll definitely give it a try.

On a completely different subject, has SLEN ever been reported to conflict with the base game or other mods in terms of dialogue lines? I had a couple of issues like that, such as the White Phial quest never starting because the old guy's dialogue never gave me the needed lines. Main suspects are dialogue changing mods, such as this or Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.

There's a known problem with Skyrim where if mods add too many dialogue options not all of them will be shown.  Are you using a mod like EZ2C Dialogue Menu, and using the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the dialogue options?  If not, the mod might be working correctly and the dialogue option there, but Skyrim is just not showing it to you.

Hi guys, have a question.

Is there a dialog option for sex to use all available animations? I thought it would be "I want to make love to you" or "Whatever you desire is fine with me", but it wasn't.

Not that I know of.  As you increase your relationship with a given NPC more dialogue options become available, which makes more varied animations available.

Is there a way to increase relationships without banging all the guys? I'd like the sex party to be a little less.....taco fest. I threw a party in proudspire manor but Ysolda only had Aela, Pantea, and Hulda show up. Not sure what rank I need to get people to show up. Atahbah or whoever was also on the list but her being a Khajiit I doubt she would show up due to the schedules caravans have. She was the only one not there.

So how to get more guys (preferably without being torn open)?

and what requirements are there to get people to come?

Hi guys, have a question.

Is there a dialog option for sex to use all available animations? I thought it would be "I want to make love to you" or "Whatever you desire is fine with me", but it wasn't.

I think "Whatever you desire" has the largest possible selection of any choice but you're kinda random on what you get. I don't remember reading how he picks which tags are used but I think its supposed to be based on the NPC stats somehow.  The "make love" choices use the tags loving and facing, and I think one other. Unless you add those tags to more anims that is probably your smallest set.

As Publius pointed out, if you increase your standing with the NPC more choices will open up, unless you've disabled them in the Mod MCM.

Is there a way to increase relationships without banging all the guys? I'd like the sex party to be a little less.....taco fest. I threw a party in proudspire manor but Ysolda only had Aela, Pantea, and Hulda show up. Not sure what rank I need to get people to show up. Atahbah or whoever was also on the list but her being a Khajiit I doubt she would show up due to the schedules caravans have. She was the only one not there.

If you are a male PC and want more male NPCs to show up... that'll be a problem. This was discussed earlier in the thread with various ideas on how to handle it proposed but I believe none actually implemented yet.

You can speak to the person you have hosting the party and get a list (NPC gives you a book) and you can talk to the NPC and have people not be invited. NPC schedule doesn't factor in at all as far as I'm aware so a khajiit will show up whether the caravan is outside the city or on the other side of Skyrim. I think it picks a certain number from each rank, based on my experiences. More people are available to come the more increases (in total) you have. If you only had 4 guests, that's all you asked her to invite. If you told her to invite 8 or even 16 people, there is either a bug no one else has reported or you got a lot of random spawning (and not unique and persistant) NPCs to like you, but they will never be invited.

I'm not sure that it is the same for the caravans, but I once had an NPC from one of the wandering merchant groups added (iirc) by immersive patrols - Odessa, I think it was - attend as a guest and she did show up, along with the two other npcs in her usual traveling group. All three behaved liked guests with regard to sandboxing and joining in the sexytime fun, producing no issues that i was aware of. I don't know if this is something peculiar to those groups or if it will do the same for the caravans though. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was useful.

If you are a male PC and want more male NPCs to show up... that'll be a problem. This was discussed earlier in the thread with various ideas on how to handle it proposed but I believe none actually implemented yet.

You can speak to the person you have hosting the party and get a list (NPC gives you a book) and you can talk to the NPC and have people not be invited. NPC schedule doesn't factor in at all as far as I'm aware so a khajiit will show up whether the caravan is outside the city or on the other side of Skyrim. I think it picks a certain number from each rank, based on my experiences. More people are available to come the more increases (in total) you have. If you only had 4 guests, that's all you asked her to invite. If you told her to invite 8 or even 16 people, there is either a bug no one else has reported or you got a lot of random spawning (and not unique and persistant) NPCs to like you, but they will never be invited.

One way you can possibly get more dudes to show up to your party is if you get lucky during dragon-kill events, I'm fairly certain you have a chance of a charm event with everyone involved in those. 

Most NPCs seem to be pretty good with showing up and sticking around at the party, the only ones I noticed ever leaving early were a few of the college instructors.  

I'm not sure that it is the same for the caravans, but I once had an NPC from one of the wandering merchant groups added (iirc) by immersive patrols - Odessa, I think it was - attend as a guest and she did show up, along with the two other npcs in her usual traveling group. All three behaved liked guests with regard to sandboxing and joining in the sexytime fun, producing no issues that i was aware of. I don't know if this is something peculiar to those groups or if it will do the same for the caravans though. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was useful.

I'm not sure if the same thing happened to me with a caravan group or not. I managed an 8 person party but I'd sexed up all of that caravan so I couldn't quite figure out who was supposed to be there. I'd also banged the jarl's court in Whiterun and had the party there, so I had more people around and available than normal.

Would someone please help? After LOOTing the load order Thrill of Tempest Shout became unavailable. All three words are greyed out and can't be studied again via dragon souls. Is there any way to repair it (via console or other)? player.addshout command doesn't work. Thanks!

I LOVE SLEN, it's such a great mod, but i do have one small edit i'd like, and i feel a lot of people would agree....

Is there a way, to remesh/retexture Dibella's bow? and make it look like say Auriel's bow, or even a standalone bow.... personally it just feels like for an aedric weapon... the only thing remotely aedric about it, is the glowing translucent effect. otherwise it just looks like a regular wooden bow and with dibella being the goddess of beauty, I would imagine she would make a bow, which itself is beautiful to look at...

I can't seem to find a specific mesh or texture file for it or i'd just rename and replace it with new ones....