Anatriax's Guide to Tale of Two Wastelands

Thanks Anatriax. I have some difficulties following this guide, there are moments where I just have to guess what I should be doing. Haven't run into any trouble so far.. I think. But I'm on phase 6 now and I get this error:

M6N4h9s.jpg

Anyone an idea? The Help part there didn't help. :lol:

Have you clicked on the box that states you installed the archive invalidation? MO handles this so there is no reason (that I know of) to install the archive invalidation through FOMM

Thanks Anatriax. I have some difficulties following this guide, there are moments where I just have to guess what I should be doing. Haven't run into any trouble so far.. I think. But I'm on phase 6 now and I get this error:

M6N4h9s.jpg

Anyone an idea? The Help part there didn't help. :lol:

Also if you know you have installed AI already, then start up FOMM, click on Tools in the top and unselect Archive Invalidation, then reselect it.  

Then try installing your mod, it should register it.  For some reason some of the NV mods required you to reselect AI in FOMM, without actually saying so.  I think its because of the way some of the fomods " look " to see if AI is installed or not, just refreshing it like above should fix it.

found a bug/directions to  NOT follow. darnified UI you actually need to NOT edit your fallout.ini anymore.  if you do  you get an invisible text. leave as normal and its automatically changed :-)

now got 1 issue thats bugging the living daylights out of me. not game breaking. the kids body; namely torso/legs/arms, are missing/invisible. any and all help is much  appreciated.

Missing body is usually a result of a mod not being installed properly. Go back and fix(reload) or in the case of MO move the mod down below the conflicting mod.

Another reason is files haven't been installed that were required. Check for any children mods you have installed to be sure all the requirements are followed. Also follow up on the adult mods as some of them might have be conflicting (never experienced it myself but I have heard that sometimes happens when a mod author don't want specific clothing to be available for children. Not sure on that point.

• 3 weeks later...

This guide is great, thanks so much for making it. I had to improvise my way through a few steps but managed one way or another.

Inspecting my load order in Wrye Flash, it appears that LOOT puts a few of the Project Nevada files into the "wrong" order, which has them show up in red. By "wrong" I mean an order which is different than the order the Masters are listed in, though in many cases it doesn't really matter, as long as the Masters are not overwriting one another.

Have others seen the same thing? 

I made the mistake of reordering the masters to conform to LOOT's recommended order, but it generated a bunch of errors, according to FVEdit when running an error check on the Merged Patch so I reinstalled the affected files. Using LOOTs recommended load order and just ignoring the information from Wyre Flash generated an error-free Merged Patch. Just seems odd that LOOT puts the files into an order that doesn't jive with their Master Lists, so I thought I would see if anyone has had the same experience. If nothing else, should someone new try these instructions, they can spare themselves the attempt to "improve" on LOOT with the aid of Wrye Flash's feedback.

• 1 month later...

You may want to add this for TTW Vurt's Flora Overhaul

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/comment/42536#comment-42536

Otherwise there will be Tree LOD bugs.

Also, might it be possible to show us your current load order?

Other than that, thanks for the write-up!

I've read this, and this is essentially what I've told people to do. It's just spread out over several phases, instead of doing it all at once. 

The way my guides work follow a process. Add a phase, test to make sure the game loads up. Add a phase, test to make sure the game loads up. When all phases are complete and you're on the final phase, that's when stuff like FNVLODGen and Wrye Flash get ran. This way they pick up ALL mods installed, and not just the mods you've had installed at the point where you would see these things done. 

These guides are tested extensively, and I check them for bugs frequently. :)

Now it all makes more sense to me.  This is the second time I'm installing TTW, but the first time using one of your guides.  It has a lot of great info, but this is also the first time I've used MO and LODGen, and I was under the assumption that I had to follow through each phase in order.  I've been stuck on Phase 2 for a while, because I wasn't completely sure what you meant by installing all 3 resource packs to FNVLodgen.  I know why it would currently fail since FO3Lodgen and the TTWlodgen need FO3 masters to load, but I was thinking that maybe I had missed something and that this could be completed at this point already.  It might be a good idea to edit Phase 2 to state that these programs will definitely be important to have already, but will be run at the end, since there might be others like me that only have one phase open at a time to make sure I don't mix instructions up.  

Edit: I ran into another issue I was hoping I could get help with.  In Phase 4, I downloaded the ENB files, but whenever I open up my pipboy, once the animation of my hand coming up is finished, everything becomes washed out, and I cannot see anything but the pipboy screen itself.  The visual of the pipboy and my arm is pretty much gone.  It goes away as soon as I put away my pipboy.  Apparently this is a problem with all ENBs that have graphic effects turned on (enbseries.ini "useEffect = True), since when I change that to false, I get no issue with my pipboy.  Of course, that also turns off all ENB graphics settings.  I would be okay with that, if I was completely sure that ENBoost itself was at least working, but I get no message that it is actually on.  Going to the enboost mod page itself, the top comments say very different things, but only using a very old binary series (203) do I receive the message at the top left of my screen that Enboost is on, whereas with 278, I get the message that shift enter can change settings even though I turned that off in enbseries.  All in all, I would be satisfied enough just to know that the latest binaries did indeed turn on Enboost.  I can live without the fancy graphics (though it would be nice to use those too).  Appreciate any help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

You may want to add this for TTW Vurt's Flora Overhaul

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/comment/42536#comment-42536

Otherwise there will be Tree LOD bugs.

Also, might it be possible to show us your current load order?

Other than that, thanks for the write-up!

I've read this, and this is essentially what I've told people to do. It's just spread out over several phases, instead of doing it all at once. 

The way my guides work follow a process. Add a phase, test to make sure the game loads up. Add a phase, test to make sure the game loads up. When all phases are complete and you're on the final phase, that's when stuff like FNVLODGen and Wrye Flash get ran. This way they pick up ALL mods installed, and not just the mods you've had installed at the point where you would see these things done. 

These guides are tested extensively, and I check them for bugs frequently. :)

Now it all makes more sense to me.  This is the second time I'm installing TTW, but the first time using one of your guides.  It has a lot of great info, but this is also the first time I've used MO and LODGen, and I was under the assumption that I had to follow through each phase in order.  I've been stuck on Phase 2 for a while, because I wasn't completely sure what you meant by installing all 3 resource packs to FNVLodgen.  I know why it would currently fail since FO3Lodgen and the TTWlodgen need FO3 masters to load, but I was thinking that maybe I had missed something and that this could be completed at this point already.  It might be a good idea to edit Phase 2 to state that these programs will definitely be important to have already, but will be run at the end, since there might be others like me that only have one phase open at a time to make sure I don't mix instructions up.  

Edit: I ran into another issue I was hoping I could get help with.  In Phase 4, I downloaded the ENB files, but whenever I open up my pipboy, once the animation of my hand coming up is finished, everything becomes washed out, and I cannot see anything but the pipboy screen itself.  The visual of the pipboy and my arm is pretty much gone.  It goes away as soon as I put away my pipboy.  Apparently this is a problem with all ENBs that have graphic effects turned on (enbseries.ini "useEffect = True), since when I change that to false, I get no issue with my pipboy.  Of course, that also turns off all ENB graphics settings.  I would be okay with that, if I was completely sure that ENBoost itself was at least working, but I get no message that it is actually on.  Going to the enboost mod page itself, the top comments say very different things, but only using a very old binary series (203) do I receive the message at the top left of my screen that Enboost is on, whereas with 278, I get the message that shift enter can change settings even though I turned that off in enbseries.  All in all, I would be satisfied enough just to know that the latest binaries did indeed turn on Enboost.  I can live without the fancy graphics (though it would be nice to use those too).  Appreciate any help.

I have to say this comment really helped me out. I was going to make the same mistake by trying to run lodgen before finishing the installation. Thank god I had some doubts and i was luck enought to read this

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Can Breezes be replaced with Roberts Male Body... never was a fan of Breezes and have always used Roberts... just curious???

Check with TTW site to be sure. There might be some added assets needed or steps to do to get it to work with both. Likely someone has already don this somewhere. If not there should be some info on how to do this properly so that it does work in TTW.

Okay, I'm new to TTW.  But does installing it mean I can only use mods that are TTW compatible?  I can't use mods like Fallout Character Overhaul?

Yes and no. Yes you can only use mod that are TTW comparable. No, in that you would have to make mods that aren't comparable. There should be info on how to set up a non TTW mod to be comparable. Armors, weapons etc. No, also I believe you can use FNV mods without doing this and the Fallout 3 mods are the mods that you need to make compatible. If memory serves me correctly for example you need to re-run the script to compile them for Fallout NV. etc. Not that hard as I understand it however I haven't done this before. MOre info could be gained on TTW site on these conversions and very likely your favorite mod has a conversion already. ;)

Can Breezes be replaced with Roberts Male Body... never was a fan of Breezes and have always used Roberts... just curious???

Check with TTW site to be sure. There might be some added assets needed or steps to do to get it to work with both. Likely someone has already don this somewhere. If not there should be some info on how to do this properly so that it does work in TTW.

Okay, I'm new to TTW.  But does installing it mean I can only use mods that are TTW compatible?  I can't use mods like Fallout Character Overhaul?

Yes and no. Yes you can only use mod that are TTW comparable. No, in that you would have to make mods that aren't comparable. There should be info on how to set up a non TTW mod to be comparable. Armors, weapons etc. No, also I believe you can use FNV mods without doing this and the Fallout 3 mods are the mods that you need to make compatible. If memory serves me correctly for example you need to re-run the script to compile them for Fallout NV. etc. Not that hard as I understand it however I haven't done this before. MOre info could be gained on TTW site on these conversions and very likely your favorite mod has a conversion already. ;)

Thank you for the help. :)

• 6 months later...

Trying to re-install ttw again. Following the guide, I've gotten to the point of installing the BOG body replacer - however when I use the custom FOMM fork to try and install it I get the error C# fails to compile. When I try to install it in normal MO, the installer keeps telling me I haven't completed the archive invalidation process - which I cannot quite seem to do properly. Any advice? I had to switch to Mod Organizer 2 because otherwise I got errors that kept the FOMM fork from launching through MO. Sorry for dredging up an old topic.

3 hours ago, Nurblets said:

Trying to re-install ttw again. Following the guide, I've gotten to the point of installing the BOG body replacer - however when I use the custom FOMM fork to try and install it I get the error C# fails to compile. When I try to install it in normal MO, the installer keeps telling me I haven't completed the archive invalidation process - which I cannot quite seem to do properly. Any advice? I had to switch to Mod Organizer 2 because otherwise I got errors that kept the FOMM fork from launching through MO. Sorry for dredging up an old topic.

This guide is old and much more complicated than it needs to be. Go to the TTW site here and follow the install guide to the letter. It is much easier, I assure you. Basically all mods for FNV are compatible without making any changes- just like regular FNV. There is a conversion process for FO3 mods to follow that is not that hard either. I have converted a dozen or so already. But, due to some differences between the two games, they may not work some of the time. Not saying they will crash your game, but, scripted events won't trigger properly and stuff like that. Many have been converted and are working well. Check this to see. There are more on Nexus. Texture mods from FO3 with no esp can go directly into game folder. Some of the things listed to do in the guide here are outdated and no longer needed and will actually cause more problems.

3 hours ago, Nurblets said:

This tutorial was great in its time but needs updating. Anatrax intended on creating a new version. Over here https://nsfwmods.com/forums/topic/41-anatriaxs-guide-to-a-tale-of-two-wastelands/

is a newer version of the tutorial however, still in need of an update.

20 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

This guide is old and much more complicated than it needs to be. Go to the TTW site here and follow the install guide to the letter. It is much easier, I assure you. Basically all mods for FNV are compatible without making any changes- just like regular FNV. There is a conversion process for FO3 mods to follow that is not that hard either. I have converted a dozen or so already. But, due to some differences between the two games, they may not work some of the time. Not saying they will crash your game, but, scripted events won't trigger properly and stuff like that. Texture mods from FO3 with no esp can go directly into game folder. Some of the things listed to do in the guide here are outdated and no longer needed and will actually cause more problems.

@KoolHndLuke is correct. I am posting this in response. I work with her from time to time on the other site and know she wanted to do some updates to this tutorial as well as the other ones she has done. The nature of her tutorials lend to a time frame where they are most effective and useful, however, you can use some of the info provided as a guideline for creating your own setup just the way you like. You might find some things you might like to check out in her tutorials. I know, I did! :smile: Things I never thought of or knew were in exsistance... however, this tutorial is quite a bit outdated and could have some issues that you would have to work through and I havne't seen her much here on LL or the other site in quite some time. She is still around doing gaming stuff etc, etc, but not active on these two sites. (currently) so she likely wouldn't be giving much in the way of support for this tutorial .

• 11 months later...

Just a heads up, TTW latest version 3.2 had just been out last month and several mods are incompatible with it . The installation guide here should be updated  or follow the installation video linked by the TTW team over at their forum. Sadly, Sexout won't work as of yet with this version of TTW unless someone is kind enough to do it :x

• 2 months later...

Yeah, as of TTW ver 3.2, most of the mods that were already converted DO NOT work with it! They all have to be redone. The good news is that mods that are just texture overhauls or those that do not contain scripts should be compatible without any changes needed. Also, BodySlide64 works for FO3, FNV, TTW out of the box. There are some armor/clothing conversions available and more are being worked on. It's not hard to do your own either.

• 1 month later...