Anatriax's Guide to Tale of Two Wastelands

You may want to add this for TTW Vurt's Flora Overhaul

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/comment/42536#comment-42536

Otherwise there will be Tree LOD bugs.

Also, might it be possible to show us your current load order?

Other than that, thanks for the write-up!

I've read this, and this is essentially what I've told people to do. It's just spread out over several phases, instead of doing it all at once. 

The way my guides work follow a process. Add a phase, test to make sure the game loads up. Add a phase, test to make sure the game loads up. When all phases are complete and you're on the final phase, that's when stuff like FNVLODGen and Wrye Flash get ran. This way they pick up ALL mods installed, and not just the mods you've had installed at the point where you would see these things done. 

These guides are tested extensively, and I check them for bugs frequently. :) 

Is it me or is the Weapon Animation Pistol Replacer incompatible with Bouncing Breasts?

I got no bouncing breasts when walking with a pistol and If I override the BnB files over weapon animation replacer I got the bb animation but am missing the new walking foward pistol animation of WAR.

Hmm. Mine seem to be working fine :/ 

I'm not entirely sure what the problem could be. Make sure that the skeleton isn't overwritten.

Both skeleton files does not seem to work (the one you posted at the start and the one which comes with the BnB Body pack).

It's just strange that rifles and shotguns are not affected by this.

There are some weapon mods which are not in your list that I installed. May it be possible that one of them is the cultprit?

Mainly ClassicFalloutWeapon, WMX & TheArmory

load order.txt

I'm not entirely sure what the problem could be. Make sure that the skeleton isn't overwritten.

Both skeleton files does not seem to work (the one you posted at the start and the one which comes with the BnB Body pack).

There are some weapon mods which are not in your list that I installed. May it be possible that one of them is the cultprit?

Are you using MO? If not, that may be part of your problem. 

Are you using MO? If not, that may be part of your problem. 

Ok then. Am not using MO.

Got another question since you are using Overgrowth ENB.

Do you have the same texture bug as I have with Vault Windows? Picture 1 is how the Vault windows should look like (respectively no black pixels on it) and picture 2 shows how they look like with ENB. ENB seems to be the cultprit because when removing d3d9.dll (deactiving it), the windows look normal again. Seems like as if every window in the Vault is plagued by this problem.

edit: just tested the ONIX ENB preset and it does not have the black pixel bug. Seems to be the problem of the Overgrowth ENB? Have you by chance found a solution for this problem for the OVergrowth ENB?

post-28285-0-26942000-1441120020_thumb.jpg

post-28285-0-44906800-1441120204_thumb.jpg

It's a problem I personally have not had. :/ Sorry.

I only encountered this bug in Vault101 so far, New Vegas' Vault 11 for example had no problem. This problem also does not appear when loading Vault101 in GECK (with ENB enabled). Did you by chance change other stuff in your enbseries, enblocals.ini which you did not mention (since Overgrowth ENB probably is the cultprit here)?

Hmh, strange.

Another question, should TWWLodGen.esp be before or after FloraOverhaul.esp? Was randomly checking some .eps with FNVEdit and saw this

TINW0OR.jpg

apparently, FloraOverhaul.esp disables the lod for the trees. LOOT did the load order so I assume this is correct? Or should TTWLodGen be moved after FloraOverhaul.esp?

If and only if your tree lod is having an issue for you then I would try switching it around.  Been said on the TTW forums that its a known message but no one has gotten around to doing a " fix " for the lod issue between the two.

That issue your having in the vault is a random one that shows up with a few enb's.  Best bet there is to check the forum topic for said enb and see if anyone has posted a ini tweak to get around it.  Although it doesn't seem to be that big of an issue, unless your having that problem show up on more then the windows in a vault.

Regarding the weird black window bug (fixed it):

in your enblocal.ini set this to false

FixTransparencyBugs

This also fixes some other glitches with some walls (some of them missing some meshes which resulted in me being able to see through them)

I think that should be noted in the ENB section of your guide.

• 3 months later...

Would any of these mods cause health to not be gained from eating or drinking? I no longer seem to be able to do that.

I'm having the same experience myself, drinking water does nothing for my health, don't know why or how either. Great guide Anatriax for a stable game with great eye candy :)

Would any of these mods cause health to not be gained from eating or drinking? I no longer seem to be able to do that.

I'm having the same experience myself, drinking water does nothing for my health, don't know why or how either. Great guide Anatriax for a stable game with great eye candy :)

That would most likely be Project Nevada. 

Check in the MCM settings, and see if it's something you can toggle. It should be.

That would most likely be Project Nevada. 

Check in the MCM settings, and see if it's something you can toggle. It should be.

Figured it out, thanks.

Yea. Project Nevada settings take health away from eating food (I believe by default.) along with other changes in game play. Anyone using Project Nevada and gets strange results.. I would suggest checking the settings of that mod to be sure it isn't the cause of the issue. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Wyre Flash in C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Mopy

When I start Wyre Flash I get the following error:

Failed to find FalloutNV.exe in C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common.
Note that the Mopy folder should be in the same folder as FalloutNV.exe

What should I do when this guide says it shouldn't be in the same folder?

I installed Wyre Flash in C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Mopy

When I start Wyre Flash I get the following error:

Failed to find FalloutNV.exe in C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common.

Note that the Mopy folder should be in the same folder as FalloutNV.exe

What should I do when this guide says it shouldn't be in the same folder?

That portion of the guide is actually an error that I noticed upon reading this. Wrye Flash IS to be installed IN the Fallout NV folder, not next to it.

Thanks Anatriax. I have some difficulties following this guide, there are moments where I just have to guess what I should be doing. Haven't run into any trouble so far.. I think. But I'm on phase 6 now and I get this error:

M6N4h9s.jpg

Anyone an idea? The Help part there didn't help. :lol: