What music do you listen to?

Hum my father always liked rock so i grew up listening to KISS, Ramones, Nirvana and this kind of thing. When i started to listen to music on my own, that i really liked, it was rammstein, tuatha de dannan, type o negative (yes, pretty mixed up), and when i discovered japanese vrock i was listening almost only to it. Though i can pick some favs, like Rentrer en Soi, OZ, NEGA, exist†trace, UnsraW.

Then... i do not really remember how and why, i discovered Septic Flesh... and it was the begining of a new musical phase for me. I even have one of their symbols tattooed in my arm lol

After that, it was kind of death/doom/symphonic metal, but i like a lot of things.

For example... I've been listening to Armaroth, Elbereth, Orgy, Ocean of Grief, On Thorns I Lay, Empyrium, Bella Lune, Swallow the Sun, Three Days Grace, Cemetery of Scream...

A whole lot of different styles and bands, but i do like the more "atmospherical" ones. Last band i discovered that i liked was Terra Tenebrosa.

I really never posted anything on this website, so hello everyone! :)

What kind of music i listen? I used to listen to very hard music in the past, like hardstyle, masters of hardcore and all those kind of things. But since i grow up, my taste changed. Now i listen sometimes to dark country and sometimes chillout, ambient music. But what i  really like to listen is music with mostly females vocals, based on ancient things. 

(Since this is a 18+ forum), i also use these songs when i do psychedelics (yeah i live in the netherlands where it is legal). I'm also a hobby photographer and i  also listening these kind of songs while traveling alone for hours in the forest.

I'm listening to this song right now!

Also Celtic woman from Ireland are really amazing! Here are a few examples.

And i also listen to FAUN, a german group with amazing music!

This page, currently ("page 23") is a benchmark-page for my MSIE-11 browser.

The poor thing nearly has a heart attack after first coming here,

and my download-speed is well over 400mbps.

Other snootier browsers say "Deewd, Use Us instead (Herbert),"

But I steadfastly wished to know WTF was killing it.

Ah, apparently (and this is just guessing) The other browsers don't wait for the videos to load,

they go ahead and show the page.

I Look at the furball with the eclectic tastes, watch the spinning circle,

count to 30 (or so), and *eventually* the page can be scrolled.

I think.

Or.... it's a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...

The music I consistently listen to are mostly pop rock and some metal. The band I listen to consistently the most is Tokio Hotel. However I never liked their music from 2014 onward as their music evolved into something too electronica or disco for my taste. Other favorite bands/singers include Sonata Arctica, Keane, Sixpence None The Richer, Roxette, Nena, The Corrs, Serenity (an Austrian metal band known for historically themed songs) and Air Supply.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As long as it flows nicely, I tend to like it. I'm also not a lyrics/meaning person; I just hear music. I don't really listen to it, y'know? I don't listen for what they're trying to say, I just want to enjoy the sounds.

Probably for that reason, I like a lot of trashy artists like Demi Lovato and Taylor Swift. My favorite artist of all time is probably Avril Lavigne, with Imagine Dragons being a close second.

I also like a lot of foreign music. I'm a huge fan of Alma (especially Requiem), Die Fantastischen Vier, Время и Стекло, and Лобода, among many others. I can't understand most of it (though I do speak some Russian), but I like the way it all sounds.

I definitely don't like a lot of modern rap though. Fanta 4 is the exception. It all seems to stumble over itself sound-wise; sometimes drums can be jarring, voices are more talking than singing which stops words from flowing or matching up with the background music, and there generally is a lack of actual instrumental music. It's all focused on what the guy is saying.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 3:49 PM, Bulkhead said:

As long as it flows nicely, I tend to like it. I'm also not a lyrics/meaning person; I just hear music. I don't really listen to it, y'know? I don't listen for what they're trying to say, I just want to enjoy the sounds.

>I don't listen for what they're trying to say, I just want to enjoy the sounds.

• 4 weeks later...

Btw, are y'all just copying that video embedding code from each other's posts or is there an easier way to get youtube videos to play in here directly and I'm just not seeing it? ?

Because this shit is cumbersome and weird.

Either get rid of video embedding for good or activate it properly, this is ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Bazinga said:

is there an easier way to get youtube videos to play in here directly

Do you mean when you are posting new posts or when you are viewing posts?

The posting thing is an adventure.

I copy the YT url from the other browser window and paste it here.

(begin of adventure)

• it can be plain text, like in "https://blablabla..."
  • it can be a clickable URL
  • it can be an embedded video in a frame

It feels random to me, since always do the same :classic_unsure:.

I prefer classical music, metal, rock, jazz, ost (anime, games, movies).

Platina Jazz

Spoiler

Piano Guys

Spoiler

Postmortem Jukebox

Spoiler

Vindsvept

Spoiler

Other

Spoiler

Anime

Spoiler

As for metal Iron Miden, Judas Priest, Blind Guardian etc. It is indeed an adventure with those spoilers.

I listen to metal most but i like to listen all kinds of music. You never know what you will enjoy until you listen it with open mind. I feel like theres hundred songs that deserve to be listed here but i'll link just one very long one. Nightwish - Greatest show on earth (24mins) with nice fanmade video.

Spoiler