What music do you listen to?

I thought we could have a litte chitchat about music. :)

What music do you listen to? Is there a specific genre you prefer or do you rather listen everything all over the place? Since when do you listen to the music you listen to now?

Is music important for you?

Do you have special occasions in which you listen to special music?

Well, that's everything that comes to my mind so far. :D

I absolutely prefer Heavy Metal, namely the extreme subgenres Black and Death Metal with a ~90% focus on Black Metal. I listen to Black Metal since... approximately 7 years or so and since then it has become quite my everyday music. I can listen to it in every occasion, be it playing video games, washing or trying to sleep. :) I like other music too, like some medieval rock/metal, (dark) ambient, soundtracks, classical music and sometimes experimental or avantgarde, but I don't listen to them that frequently.

I usually prefer ambient like "Boards of Canada". I'm usually pretty depressed and they're my favorite. I also like Shoegaze like "Slowdive" and "My Bloody Valentine" most of the time. I'm hopelessly stuck in the 90s genre of music when it comes down to it.

Strangely, most of the music I play on guitar is blues.

I'll start off with a list I like to rattle off to confuse people:

Beethoven

Beatles

Bauhaus

Nine Inch Nails (the older, the better)

Johnny Cash

I also enjoy symphonic metal (Rhapsody/Rhapsody of Fire) and funeral/drone doom (Black Boned Angel), as well as a variety of experimental/noise bands (Blectum from Blechdom).

Apparently I'm strange...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello every body, I'm 18 and come from Poland. It's my first post so i think its good idea to greet. :P

BTW: I'm not great in English language (little). So Please forgiving me.

So...

I prefer Metal-Core music somethink like a Metalica, Rammstein, Norther, In flames, As i lay dying, Suicide Silence etc... but, metal is not one species whose i like.

I like Disco-Polo: Bracia Figo Fagot, old school music and a little of Radio product (POP) and i love games/movies eg soundtrack in The Witcher, Gothic 3, Game Of Throne, etc...

Thats all i think.. :P

hey

i don't have an massive knowledge of music, which probably shows.

I tend to listen to music when im playing wow to break up the grind.

well i say music its more parody albums and comedy podcasts/shows.

Albums

'weird' al yankovic

Chris Moyles

Monty python 'sings' (my first album i got)

Podcast's/shows

robin ince's utter shambles

Precious little

bbc radio 4's friday night comedy podcast

from time to time i'll listen to other stuff.

like: Queen, status quo, daft punk, and many others.

also homestuck.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm mostly a Heavy metal Freak, who also enjoys 1980's Goth and industrial music, and some Old sailor folk songs.

some of my favorite bands are: Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth, Nightwish, Lordi, Finntroll, the Cure, Theatres des Vampires, Cradle of Filth, and Lacuna Coil.

People tend to tell me that I have an eclectic taste in music, and it looks like I am not the only one who does.

The type of music I listen to depends on the current mood i'm in at the moment.

For your consideration, here are some artists/bands I listen to frequently, and I will include a favorite song of mine next to the name of the artist.

Rage Against The Machine - Born of a Broken Man

Cage The Elephant - Ain't No Rest for the Wicked

Disturbed - Land of Confusion

Daft Punk - Aerodynamic

Pendulum - The Tempest

Hitoshi Sakimoto - Remnants

Hoshi no Kaabii - Star Strong Warrior (Also known as Checker Knights)

Akira Yamaoka - One More Soul to the Call

Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata

Vivaldi - La Notte

Last.fm is a fantastic service to use if you want to share your musical tastes with others and listen to the radio stations it has.

Mine happens to focus on industrial tastes but in the last year or so I've indulged in more variation than normal, listening to artists like Gigi D'agostino, Aesop Rock, Tom Waits, and many others. I really recommend the service to anyone who likes music.

• 2 weeks later...

I mainly listen to heavy/industrial metal, although i'm not a big fan of the new age stuff. I usually stick with the music i grew up around. bands like

Man o War, Berzem, Morbid Angel,Bolt thrower, Rammstein, Knorkador, Korn, etc

I also really like Heroic Ballads and European folk music. As such Sabaton ( a modern rock band ) are really good at this.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHhE9_y76hw

Guest ThatOne

I'm not sure how to embed vids, so I'll just post links.

This is my playlist for the next hour and a half or so:

Magic & Mayhem - Celtic 1

Icewind Dale 2 - Skeleton of a Town

Kalmah - Heroes to Us, live at Metalcamp 2010

Edge of Sanity - Crimson 1 & 2

• 1 month later...
Guest flingingfeces

[video=youtube]

Love me some Chevelle and currently learning to play this song. I don't really like doing covers, but what the hell just this once.

I listen to different music: from new age, jazz and blues to thrash metal. But I must admit that I don't like anything heavier than thrash, especially grind, black and rap :D

My favourite bands are Metallica, W.A.S.P., Garbage, Poets of the Fall, Disturbed, Edguy, Megadeth, Helloween, Blackmore's Night and The Dogma.

Here's my last.fm profile:

http://www.lastfm.ru/user/Seventh_Sinner

Feel free to add me to your friends ;)

I listen to different music: from new age' date=' jazz and blues to thrash metal. But I must admit that I don't like anything heavier than thrash, especially grind, black and rap :D

My favourite bands are Metallica, [i']W.A.S.P.[/i], Garbage, Poets of the Fall, Disturbed, Edguy, Megadeth, Helloween, Blackmore's Night and The Dogma.

Here's my last.fm profile:

http://www.lastfm.ru/user/Seventh_Sinner

Feel free to add me to your friends ;)

You definitely get a free internets for those two! :D

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RhwHePjwio

[video=youtube]

You definitely get a free internets for those two! :D

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RhwHePjwio

[video=youtube]

Aww, thanks, dude, you made my evening :)

From W.A.S.P. i specially like Mean Man, Chainsaw Charlie and The Idol...yup, "The Crimson Idol" is my favourite album amongst all of my music :)

And from Megadeth... the whole album "Youthanasia", and songs Promises, Time, Crush' Em, Tornado Of Souls and Washington is Next.

P.S. Forgive my poor English :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...