As an avid hater of how XEO is implemented, I have spent some time searching for an NPC replacer that doesn't come with all the NEGATIVE effects associated with the simple step of setting bFaceGenTexturing to 0 or XEO SP(not the ++ version) and XEO5 changing the head mesh of vanilla races so add-on NPCs get deformed faces.

There are a few on the Nexus. But I have found several more on various Japanese sites. This is the fruits of my search. Every MBP based NPC replacer I have found to date. I have also fully translated the names in the ones requiring it. And of course they all need MBP++ ;D.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l6bahz0x0u80upy

Although I haven't found the one perfect for me, I have started my own using these as a base.

What I've included.

Change Some....Blah Blah: There are three of these, none are very inclusive with less than 100 NPCs in the biggest. But there are very attractive changes in it.

MBPNPC: This is by Ima, and there are three versions of this with varying levels of changes to the NPCs. The Completely Crushed Ver(that's what it translated to ;D) being the most drastic.

MBPNPC+: There are two versions of this. They are modifications of Ima's MBPNPC by somebody else. The second version goes as far as changing some male NPC's to females, which I suspect might cause some issues. Use this one with caution, but has some usable face data.

Younger NPC Ladies: This one is the one I am using for my base. It's not as drastic as the Ima versions, but has more done than the Change Some.... mods.

None of these affect the Beast races, so I use Ahtata's Khabaxi for the Khajiits, a customized version of Ahtata's Argonian replacer for the Argonians, a modified Ahtata's Orcs and a modified Orc Beauty for Orcs.

Hopefully others will find some use for these as well.

Great work finding all of these and compiling them.

i am going to try the "Change some Cyrodil People" one tonight and see what it does. This only works on the females according to the SS folder yes?

Looking forward to your tutorial later...

When I get \"off work\"' date=' I'll post a tutorial on how to exchange faces between the mods. For example, if you like how person x looks in the Ima version you can EASILY change the face to match in Younger NPC Ladies.

This would be great.  I'm not a fan of MBP but I've been considering trying a khajiit/argonian race replacer mod (in my case I'm thinking of using kawa-khajiits and aquamers) but the sticking point would be faces...

As far as I know, all "Change Some..." mods have been combined into Change Some Cyrodiil People.

Naru's blog has many sample pictures.

I'm currently using Colourwheels Sexy Female NPCs as base, which has the nice side effect of setting Sexy Walk for all vanilla females. I've replaced Sexy Walk with something else (name escapes me atm), thoug. After Colourwheel's mod, I load CSCP followed by ES74's Unique Race&NPCs, which was just released a few days ago and is still in development. It currently changes 173 NPCs (male and female):

Main File

Lates Bug Fix ESP

Note that neither CSCP nor EURN make ALL NPCs young and pretty. In some cases they are aiming more for realism. All require MBP++.

This mod was just released today. It changes the faces of 5 respawning female actors (Bandits, Necromancers, Conjurers, etc.).

http://shy.jsphr.net/upload/imgs/ups28138.jpg

http://shy.jsphr.net/upload/img/ups28137.jpg

http://shy.jsphr.net/upload/imgs/ups28136.jpg

As for race replacers, I've been using Ahtata's Khabaxi since I started this game and only disabled it yesterday for a refreshing change.  :D

I'm also not really a fan of beast race replacers which, for example, turn Orcs into green skinned humans. I'd like them to keep their beast appearance.

Funny side note: I never realized that DMRA Skimpy Armor Expanded turns all guards into females until I examined the ESP in Tes4Edit!

Probably never noticed since you have to do a sex change in the console for each actor if you want to see the changes in an existing save game.

EURN also changes 6 guard NPCs into females. I've found and successfully "converted" 2 so far.  ;D

I'm currently using Colourwheels Sexy Female NPCs as base' date=' which has the nice side effect of setting Sexy Walk for all vanilla females. I've replaced Sexy Walk with something else (name escapes me atm), thoug.

[/quote']

Just as a side note, the newest version of Wrye Bash has an option for this in its bashed patch feature.  "All female NPCs use Sexy Walk" and also an "All NPCs use Real Walk" option.  I have the former checked with the Pretty Woman walk renamed to Mur-Zik's (01SexyWalk IIRC) and it works perfectly.

Edit:  The option is actually "Sexy Walk for female NPCs" with a Real Walk version as well.  But it means that I just use one mod to modify the PC walk (Pretty Woman for me) then the bash patch modifies all other female NPCs, as long as you want them all using the same walk.  ;)

Maou, is it colourwheels oblivion overhaul that your using, cuz I know that effectivly changes all non essential guards from male to female also.  I use that although after using it as long as I have, you start to not notice a difference in the npc's so I was thinking of trying some others out for a bit.

Could you elaborate on the changes by MBPNPC/MBPNPC+?

That would mean people know what to expect.

Depending on the version' date=' MBPNPC is almost as drastic as XEO in some cases, Wood Elves are now Mystic Elves, I do believe Dark Elves are changed too. I only looked at it a little bit. I included a machine translation of it's readme(the only one I did). They are simple ESP's with only MBP as a master, I figured people could activate one, check out some of the changes and deactivate it and look at another. Shouldn't hurt anything other than getting the "missing content warning" on loading.

When I get \"off work\", I'll post a tutorial on how to exchange faces between the mods. For example, if you like how person x looks in the Ima version you can EASILY change the face to match in Younger NPC Ladies.

This would be great.  I'm not a fan of MBP but I've been considering trying a khajiit/argonian race replacer mod (in my case I'm thinking of using kawa-khajiits and aquamers) but the sticking point would be faces...

Look at both Ahtata's Khabaxi and Ahtata's Argonian replacers, the works already been done for you. The Khabaxi is like a Khajiit-Tabaxi mix, and the Argonian replacer turns them all into Aquamers.

Great work finding all of these and compiling them.

i am going to try the \"Change some Cyrodil People\" one tonight and see what it does. This only works on the females according to the SS folder yes?

Looking forward to your tutorial later...

As maou pointed out' date=' Change some Cyrodiil People is more inclusive than Change some Cyrodiil Women, but I figured there would be people who didn't want "pretty boys" so i included that version as well. Some men are changed in CSCP. The third Change Some... is the female enemies that was also pointed out and posted by maou. ;)

As far as I know, all \"Change Some...\" mods have been combined into Change Some Cyrodiil People.

Naru's blog has many sample pictures.

I'm currently using Colourwheels Sexy Female NPCs as base, which has the nice side effect of setting Sexy Walk for all vanilla females. I've replaced Sexy Walk with something else (name escapes me atm), thoug. After Colourwheel's mod, I load CSCP followed by ES74's Unique Race&NPCs, which was just released a few days ago and is still in development. It currently changes 173 NPCs (male and female):

Main File

Lates Bug Fix ESP

Note that neither CSCP nor EURN make ALL NPCs young and pretty. In some cases they are aiming more for realism. All require MBP++.

This mod was just released today. It changes the faces of 5 respawning female actors (Bandits, Necromancers, Conjurers, etc.).

http://shy.jsphr.net/upload/imgs/ups28138.jpg

http://shy.jsphr.net/upload/img/ups28137.jpg

http://shy.jsphr.net/upload/imgs/ups28136.jpg

As for race replacers, I've been using Ahtata's Khabaxi since I started this game and only disabled it yesterday for a refreshing change.  :D

I'm also not really a fan of beast race replacers which, for example, turn Orcs into green skinned humans. I'd like them to keep their beast appearance.

Funny side note: I never realized that DMRA Skimpy Armor Expanded turns all guards into females until I examined the ESP in Tes4Edit!

Probably never noticed since you have to do a sex change in the console for each actor if you want to see the changes in an existing save game.

EURN also changes 6 guard NPCs into females. I've found and successfully \"converted\" 2 so far.  ;D

Thanks for the link to Unique Race & NPCs, I hadn't found it and will have to take a look.

Maou' date=' is it colourwheels oblivion overhaul that your using, cuz I know that effectivly changes all non essential guards from male to female also.  I use that although after using it as long as I have, you start to not notice a difference in the npc's so I was thinking of trying some others out for a bit.

[/quote']

I know that Colourwheel has released a mod which turns all guards into females but I'm not using that one. It's DMRA Skimpy Armor Expanded that does the same, quite unexpectedly. I'm probably the only one who DOESN'T want all guards turned into females. Some is ok, but not all. In any case, that stuff should not be part of a stock armor replacer, imo.

Well, I was able to solve the "problem" in a few seconds by right-clicking the whole NPC branch in Tes4Edit and clicking "Remove".  ;D

The third Change Some... is the female enemies that was also pointed out and posted by maou.

If you are referring to the 5 female enemy NPC changer I mentioned above, that's a different one. As I said, it was just released today.

CSCP also changes some female marauders and conjurers but not all.

Just as a side note, the newest version of Wrye Bash has an option for this in its bashed patch feature.

Thx. I'll take a note of it. Sounds interesting, although I have currently no plans to update my version of Wrye Bash and I'm only using the Bashed patch for All Natural. I'll start using it more extensively when I hit the mod barrier (still ~100 to go).

My bad. The main file was replaced after the first bug fix. Link to second bug fix should work' date=' though.

http://www.4shared.com/file/Ml2Cuez7/ES74s_Unique_RaceNPCs_01b_2.html

Yes, it is what I included. ;) It and all the XEO threads are what inspired me to post that there are options to XEO. ;D

Ah, I see. I thought you were referring to enemy NPC changes in CSCP.

Thanks maou, got it, looks interesting from the included screens.

Ok' date=' this will show how to exchange faces between the same NPC but with a better face in another mod

[/quote']

Okay, this is awesome.  Is there a way to filter or search the entries?  Like, can I load up two mods, filter the NPC list by race (ie, khajiit only, or whatever) and just go down the list swapping faces around?  Or do you have to take note of the name for each NPC individually?

Yes there is a filter option, but it is not very intuitive to somebody new. I suggest looking up some TES4Edit tutorials. They could do better than I ever could. ;)

Here is ES74's Unique Race & NPCs latest esp translated to English http://www.mediafire.com/?4x52r76rysax1tl. Needs the main file mauo posted.

The main file was replaced after the first bug fix. Link to second bug fix should work' date=' though.

http://www.4shared.com/file/Ml2Cuez7/ES74s_Unique_RaceNPCs_01b_2.html

Thanks maou!!! It looks very interesting from a quick look in the CS. I'll give it a run this evening. Does the Author have a blog?

EDIT: Here are some screens of some of the NPCs edited by this mod.

I need to get some better age maps.... she would be quite the MILF.

2011062900001.jpg

The Draconis sisters.... mmmm :-*

2011062900003d.jpg

Looks like a battle hardened fighter now.

2011062900005.jpg

Even uglier than vanilla, but in a good way.... :o

2011062900006.jpg

Umbra, be careful if you are running Lovers with PK Extender, and are low level. She has lots of SexPower. ;D

2011062900007.jpg

The Aleswell Inn Sisters.....

2011062900009.jpg

I know that Colourwheel has released a mod which turns all guards into females but I'm not using that one. It's DMRA Skimpy Armor Expanded that does the same' date=' quite unexpectedly.

[/quote']

I don't think the DMRA skimpy replacers do that.  At least, I'm using the big total replacer pack from elsewhere on this forum and I'm seeing plenty of male guards.

Yep' date=' just replace the original ESP with my translated ESP. And you can do like maou does and run CSCP and then run EURN below it. You could even run them three or four deep if you have the space available for that many extra esp's. A good set-up might be Younger NPC Ladies, CSCP, and then EURN.

[/quote']

That's what I'm going to do, as well as adding CSCE into the mix so my bandits and enemies look better. You guys ROCK!!!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm on a predicament here.

These mods seem to work better with facegentexturing on (since if I turn it off, old people look... well, too young), but facegentexturing definitely doesn't go well with races such as Chocolate Elves and such races that rely only on the textures themselves.

If I use an empty egt file for the head meshes of said races, they get fixed, but ONLY the head. The body gets the effect of the facegentexturing no mather what, and that looks even worst IMO.

Is there a way to avoid facegentexturing working on bodies for individual races just like with the faces, by using some sort of empty egt file? Although my guess would be it's impossible, since the body meshes don't use any egt file or anything like that...

Well' date=' I'm on a predicament here.

These mods seem to work better with facegentexturing on (since if I turn it off, old people look... well, too young), but facegentexturing definitely doesn't go well with races such as Chocolate Elves and such races that rely only on the textures themselves.

If I use an empty egt file for the head meshes of said races, they get fixed, but ONLY the head. The body gets the effect of the facegentexturing no mather what, and that looks even worst IMO.

Is there a way to avoid facegentexturing working on bodies for individual races just like with the faces, by using some sort of empty egt file? Although my guess would be it's impossible, since the body meshes don't use any egt file or anything like that...

[/quote']

Yes you want Face Gen Texturing on..... Make sure you restore everything you did while trying to fix the problem. Then download this

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10811. It will fix the mis-matched head and body textures.

How possible would it be to merge 4 of these mods: CSCP, younger npc ladies, change female enemy and EURN and use that single mod as a basis for creating one? You guys think that is viable?

Happy gaming! -Merctime

Yes you want Face Gen Texturing on..... Make sure you restore everything you did while trying to fix the problem. Then download this

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10811. It will fix the mis-matched head and body textures.

Um' date=' I don't think you understand my problem. I do know I need facegentexturing on, and I know about that fix for these mods.

My problem is, there are races such as Chocolate elves, that will look terrible with facegentexturing, unless I use an empty .egt file for their head meshes, then these head meshes don't get affected by it, which I already did, but this leaves me with the body still being affected by facegentexturing.

It seems getting the sliders to 0 or close to 0 can achieve a similar effect to having it off, but there are some problems left. Here are some screens, notice the "glitch" in the facegentexturing=1 screen.

th_275616940_fdxfsef_123_779lo.jpg

Basically, what I want to know is if there's a way to make facegentexturing ignore the body for a certain race.

BIG FUCKING EDIT:

Ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit. I found a workaround for this whole thing, and it's simpler than what I thought!

You need Wrye Bash (if you plan on fixing a save with a character you created) and TES4Edit for this.

To fix a CM companion which uses one of the badly affected races:

First, MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR .ESP, I'm not responsible for any loss here.

Select your .esp in TES4Edit and press the OK button.

th_277883659_select_122_553lo.jpg

Now, select your companion .esp by clicking it on the list in the main window (make sure you're editing that one, do not edit something else if you're not sure) and click the + sign until you get to Non-Player Character, as indicated in this screen. Select the NPC (it should be one as long as it's a single-npc mod, but you can do this for multi-npc mods) and in the right part of the window, slide down to the end until you see the FaceGen Data.

th_277889110_mainwin_122_374lo.jpg

Now, pay attention. SHIFT+Double Click on FGTS - FaceGen Texture-Symmetric. A window like this one should appear.

th_277893683_texturingwin_122_241lo.jpg

Select ALL in there, and replace it EXACTLY with the following code (no additional spaces, no line breaks, one single line, I hope the forum char limits don't screw me here).

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

It should now look like this:

th_277896951_texturingwined_122_99lo.jpg

Now press OK and close TES4Edit with the X. It will ask you if you want to save changes. Press OK and it will get saved and closed.

th_277898499_confirm_122_134lo.jpg

Now start your game. If you did everything correctly, the game should start, and your companion should look exactly as if facegentexturing was off. If you did something wrong, the game will crash upon trying to load a save (paste the 00s right, less or more numbers will crash it!).

Now, to fix a save where you use one of the affected races, it can be a bit complicated if you don't know how to use Wrye Bash, and still with this, Wrye Bash for some reason doesn't always import the faces from a save to an .esp perfectly (little morphing differences, sometimes noticeable, sometimes not), so I recommend having done this face in the CS Editor and having a backup around.

I won't post screens, because if you know how to use Wrye Bash, this should be easy to understand with just words. First create an empty .esp. Then, import the face of your character from the save into the .esp. Now, open the .esp in TES4Edit and follow the miniguide to fix a companion, then return down here.

Now that that's done, import the edited face from the .esp to your save. Make a backup of your save in case something goes wrong!

I believe one could do this for the race presets themselves to avoid all of this, but Oblivion's facegen is retarded, it likes to move texturing sliders along with morphing sliders, so I don't know how well it would work...

How possible would it be to merge 4 of these mods: CSCP' date=' younger npc ladies, change female enemy and EURN and use that single mod as a basis for creating one? You guys think that is viable?

Happy gaming! -Merctime

[/quote']

Here you go.... You'll need to install the data from EURN but just toss the .esp.

Prioity from lowest to highest.

Younger NPC Ladies

Change some Cyrodillic People

Change Some Female Enemies

EURN

http://www.mediafire.com/?eh24k62ebweq1e0

I also recommend this mod. Random Hair Enemy. It will randomize the hair on enemy NPCs, using hair from MBP.

http://shy.jsphr.net/upload/img/ups28435.7z

I'm about to ask a question that's slightly offtopic but still along the same lines, so I didn't think it was necessary to post a new thread... Does anyone know if Lovers needs MBP and MBP++? The reason I ask is because I think I found a different vanilla race overhaul over on TEXNexus that looks a little better but it seems there will be a conflict if I use that in conjunction with MBP (or any other vanilla race overhaul mod)...

EDIT: I already checked the installation FAQ but it seems like MBP was only recommended, not required... But for some reason I keep getting the impression that Lovers does need MBP? Or am I confusing this with another mod?

Lovers with PK on its own does NOT require these mods...however, a great many of the mods made for lovers DO I believe. I think it's all about which lovers mods you use. Just be sure to read the included documentation, and if an MBP/++ requirement is there, just don't use that (or, use MBP/++ etc, your choice of course). But, to my knowledge, the base install package required to set up LPK doesn't actually require MBP. Check here:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7 <---the basic required package

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=29 <---Also required

I'm sure you already know this much, since you are most likely playing LPK at this time. Just thought I'd post them as a reminder, as Ashal has listed any requirements. The outside dependencies come into play when individual mod makers produce individual mods for use alongside with the basic installation of lovers with PK. This is not meant to offend, but reading the readme's is really incredibly important. Just check the docs, and see if MBP is required.... I know that Galgats (ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC) mod, Lovers Crowning Isles is one such mod that has a dependency on MBP to function properly. Just a heads up. Hope you actually *got* something out of this, and it wasn't a bunch of stuff you already knew :\

Good luck, and happy gaming... -Merctime

Thanks merctime, I really appreciate it. Not offended at all, every bit of reminder helps. =)

I guess I was really asking out of curiosity or for the sake of confirmation, because I've installed MBP everytime rather blindly in the belief that it was required for Lovers. But I see what you mean in which some specific Lovers mods do need MBP... I believe LoversDoctor was one of them (assuming that mod is still a WIP), so now that I think about it I believe that's where my confusion stemmed from.

Before, I used to install XEO mods all the time and I know that XEO requires MBP. But lately, I've been discouraged by how the males are also "beautified" through XEO and I'm not well-versed with CS and Wrye Bash enough to isolate specific meshes and textures in order to leave the males alone. So perhaps as an act of denial and despair, I've decided to look for alternatives. At first, I've decided to just stick with MBP and forego XEO. But now I've noticed that the vanilla women still look ugly with MBP, in fact, the way their lips protrude give the illusion that they have "moustaches" around their lips because of the shadows lol! Which is why I searched for another vanilla race overhaul mod on TESNexus, which I found one that I'd like to try, but its readme states that it will conflict with other race overhaul mods.

Ah well, thanks again though. =)

A viable option might be, taking some mod that 'beautifies' npc's, but uses vanilla textures/hair/eyes, and merging it with one of your favorite hair/eyes compilation mods. from there, you create a plugin via the CS and individually change NPC's. This is a time consuming process! I did one a while back that used a (now outdated) version of the Comprehensive style collection and something that Colorwheel did for NPC's, and was pleased with it. It took me like 3 days and I was only able to update the vanilla female npc's (!). I probably couldn't make it available without contacting both authors of course, but I'm just saying this may be a possibility for you.

But, so as not to derail this thread, I'd really like to thank AZ and everyone here for providing these useful links and also for the work on the merged files into one .esp! Fantastic, I am really loving using this.

• 1 month later...

Hey, so this is a great utility and I'm really glad I'm using it now. My NPCs look better than ever!

One quick observation: my guards in chorrol (and a few other places, but not everywhere!) appear to have women's heads on men's bodies.

post-8482-135978708423_thumb.jpg

I'm about to crack open the merged MBP plugin.esp in the construction kit and see if I can pick out the problems but before I do that: is this something I can fix easily, or is this a one-by-one, slow and steady wins the race kind of thing?

Wow, this definately looks interesting. I've already got a lot of NPC alteration in my load list, and I don't feel like messing that up, because it looks good to me. But the next time I have to reinstall I'll have to remember trying this.

By the way, you mention using many of Ahtata's races, but not the dremora. Why not? It's the one mod that made dremora not just bearable, but good looking.

My current NPC setup consists of Cobl Races, Cool hair and eyelashes for Cobl races, Cobl Races TNR, Cobl Races TNR SI, Beautiful women/Handsome gents. The TNR mods are not bashed, so the hair and eye changes from those mods get used. BW/HG use only vanilla hairs and eyes, so they normally override the changes from TNR. However, by using Merge NPC faces in wrye bash on the BW/HG mods the changes get combined. Took a lot of messing with load orders to get this result. Generally, NPC's look younger than the ones from the screenies here. A bit lore-breaking and not as realistic, but nice if you like pretty NPC's. The mods I mentioned may be worth looking at if you want some more alternatives to choose your faces from.