[Discontinued] Dynamic Underwear System

I'm not the original author. I just made the RM and HGEC packs, and figured out how to add compatibility for BPH.

I haven't even played much with it, was w/o a computer for several months, then when I got the new parts, I started working on some personal mod projects, most of which have been and will be released. Only 1 mod I won't release, and that's because it's for a character I came up with 10 years ago, 3 years before I ever bought my first copy of Oblivion.

My alter ego has changed alot throughout the years. Like 3 or 4 species evolutions, and a gender alteration. (Captured and subjected to perverse succubi magicks.......oh hell, who am I kidding? Those chicks were fun!  :D   )

Thank you @Comrade Fienyx for your effort. Your work is appreciated.

To sroro, event handlers are a thing I discovered only recently. Indeed they look like a good option, but the problem is that I haven't been able to make them work. Either the documentation is too vague or I'm just too dumb.

Thank you @Comrade Fienyx for your effort. Your work is appreciated.

To sroro, event handlers are a thing I discovered only recently. Indeed they look like a good option, but the problem is that I haven't been able to make them work. Either the documentation is too vague or I'm just too dumb.

You can get useful scripting help here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/168-useful-community-scripts-to-start-mods-with/page-8?do=findComment&comment=1539221

I can report on tamago functionality. When trying to wear underwear with a pregnant body, it will switch to prego clothes. Don't know if anyone would want to write something up and find prego undies, sounds like a big project there.... but otherwise, reality functions normally. Don't lose prego look just because of undies, that's what's important. :)

Thank you for the report. Sounds like it does works like I assumed, which is nice as I really don't have any interest in having to support Tamago.

I will try to make the switch to event handlers within a month or so. That would be version 3 of this mod, but I think I don't need to break any compatiblity this time around.

Awesome. Are you using the esm I uploaded? Also, I was thinking the part of the script that adds exception tokens could be turned into an ini. That way, any mod found in the future that needs the token can be added there instead of needing to alter a script.

Well, that ini thing is actually a very good idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place. About the esm, yes I can probably use it as a base. First I must take a proper look of your additions, though.

Sounds good. All I added was the same type of check for basic personal hygiene that you have for the other mod checks. BPH adds a toilet paper item for toilets that removes the bottom, and a washcloth item that removes all clothes. Before I added the check, people would bath and toilet in undies, player included. After check, nude where needed. This I only checked on the player, but those items get added to npcs as well. So, my additions would end up being defined in the ini.

• 2 weeks later...

You're installing more than necessary. If you are using HGEC, you do not need the female underwear from the first post.

Install order

1.DUS from first post (the one with the mod settings folder and esm)

2.The esm I uploaded (really only needed if using Basic Personal Hygiene)

3.core files from HGEC (and RM for males) marked 00-Core

4.Files for your cup size (ONLY 1 FOLDER)

5.Files for bottom size (ONLY 1 FOLDER)

Known issues or bugs

- I'm encountering huge frame drops in Chestnut Handy Stables of all the places, when looking at horses. Not exactly sure what causes this.

I think I found the cause of this. In the engine script,  Let npcActor := GetFirstRef 69 1, actors mid- low. I noticed creatures were getting underwear. I am currently testing with that changed to Let npcActor := GetFirstRef 35 1  , 35 will search NPC

hellgate95,

it seems that you are missing normal texture maps for some reason. I can't pinpoint the issue because you are using both Female Underwear Pack and Fienyx's HGEC Underwear-DUS at the same time. The first one only has use if you are using TGND-style body. Fienyx's is for HGEC obviously and I really can't give too much support on that. For your bodytype you definitely should use Fienyx's though.

Comrade Fienyx,

Thanks for pinpointing that issue. I actually thought that the GetFirstRef wasn't working as intended when I was testing a certain prototype. Now about event handlers, I have thought about one issue: event handler can be made to react to some events like NPC unequipping, but what if the desired target is already naked? No event will trigger, so nothing will happen. This may not become an issue, but thought I'd share this concern already.

Not sure how the event handlers would react to that. I've noticed in quite a few mods they use search all actors, then do a check if its an npc or creature. One for sure is LBGW, checks all actors, then checks if it's a creature, then if it's a dog. Tamago does the same. Personally, since all creatures are considered male by lovers, I would not give creatures wombs. These are things I plan on switching in my copies.

Have you checked the NPC inventory if they have clothes? ( e.g. MCS the order spell and then the trade option. Or kill the NPC with console and check the inventory )

I have not used the Mod: Has the underwear a value?

If a NPC has different armors in the inventory he use the one with the highest armor value. Think with clothes he use the one with the highest cost (most expensive)

All lowerclass clothes have only value 1, if the underwear has higher value as the clothes he will use the underwear.

But it not always works, I also noticed when I give a NPC clothes he use the new clothes ( the clothing which was added last to the inventory )

And it could be the AI package. If "Armor unequipped" is set in the AI pack and a NPC has no clothes in the Inventory he don't unequip the armor. ( thats why some NPCs sleep with armor. Nearly all sleep packages have the "Armor unequipped"  flag)

If such an NPC without clothes use a AI pack with "Armor unequipped" ( wander at home, eat in a tavern) and the Mod adds underwear he will unequip the armor and use the underwear.

Have you checked the NPC inventory if they have clothes? ( e.g. MCS the order spell and then the trade option. Or kill the NPC with console and check the inventory )

I have not used the Mod: Has the underwear a value?

If a NPC has different armors in the inventory he use the one with the highest armor value. Think with clothes he use the one with the highest cost (most expensive)

All lowerclass clothes have only value 1, if the underwear has higher value as the clothes he will use the underwear.

But it not always works, I also noticed when I give a NPC clothes he use the new clothes ( the clothing which was added last to the inventory )

And it could be the AI package. If "Armor unequipped" is set in the AI pack and a NPC has no clothes in the Inventory he don't unequip the armor. ( thats why some NPCs sleep with armor. Nearly all sleep packages have the "Armor unequipped"  flag)

If such an NPC without clothes use a AI pack with "Armor unequipped" ( wander at home, eat in a tavern) and the Mod adds underwear he will unequip the armor and use the underwear.

It might be like you've said. Fienyx set up all underwears value is >=3 and It will automatically add to NPCs inventory so It likely that the NPCs will use it instead of those lowerclass clothes :v

I would try changing the value to 0 and see if it fix or not :|

P/S: thanks for the thorougly explain like always  :D

• 2 weeks later...