[Discontinued] Dynamic Underwear System

Another question I wanted to ask: I've noticed, that if you set the price for undergarments higher than 1-3gold, they seem to replace the clothes that the NPC has in their inventory (i.e. wears underwear instead of clothes). I have found some other undergarment models that I want to make them appear in shops as more expensive stuff, but by doing that it'll make the NPC only wear that lingerie instead of their clothes.

Is there any way that I can make it so even if it's price is higher, they'll still wear their normal clothes?

Sorry, but that is yet another limitation to the game engine. When equipping items, the game first tries to find the stuff that gives most protection aKa armor. If no armor is found, it picks the most valuable clothing. To prevent silly things from happening while still having valuable underwear in your game, you need to either remove these items from DUS's leveled lists so they don't appear on NPCs or to increase the value of their intended clothing. Now that I mentioned the latter option, isn't it rather silly that those elegant clothes costs as much as an iron dagger (or something like that)? I don't know if there is any mods that aim to balance the game economy for Oblivion, but you could always try to look up for something like that.

• 1 year later...

I've noticed A slight delay between the unequipping of the player's current clothing/armor in the current V3. To fix this, I moved the code which equips underwear on the player into the unequip event handler (DUSActorUnequipEvent). Now there is no delay between unequipping clothing/armor and the underwear being equipped. The way I did it was very hackish and unprofessional however and Introduced other bugs which could be fixed but I don't understand the code well enough.

If it is helpful, I can upload the altered Dynamic Underwear System.esm file.

I haven't done anything with this mod for a while, but IIRC the code had to be implemented that way. Probably because of bugs like what you encountered. There should be an .ini setting which makes the script run more often, so you may want to try that.

EDIT: I checked and it seems that I have omited such setting in version 3 for some reason. In that case you can still adjust the fQuestDelay variable in the quest script.

I'm working on a patch for my mod and this to keep random CTDs from occurring whenever this mod tries to equip underwear onto centaurs, spider daedra, etc. that use a skeleton incompatible with lower body clothing. I'm trying to figure out an eloquent way to go about it other than manually adding a token to each offending NPC...wonder if I could make a racial ability that adds the exception token on load if it isn't there?

Uploaded a compatibility patch for this mod and mine.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm glad you managed to solve your issue. Unconventional skeletons were obviously something I had never considered before. Did the racial ability idea work out? If that is the case I could include such edit in the mod itself, if you want.

The answer to your question is "I think it worked". I created an ability called "Alien Physiology" with a script attached that attaches the BUSExceptionToken to the actor possessing it at BeginScriptStart. Under most circumstances, the ability's script and the token being attached seem to register before the mod goes about attaching the underwear. At least, I was able to COC into the cell where I have a lot of "monster girls" with unique parts attached via Blockhead Override, and the token was present on them and none of them had underwear/were stretching into infinity. I don't know if that order will always hold, but it works at least with some basic testing.

• 6 months later...

Thank you, I was aware of GetBipedSlotMask but there was some reason I didn't use it... Probably didn't have the patience to learn how it should be used. I'm quite disinterested in continuing this mod however, so you are free to host your own version if you'd like. Just take any asset rights into consideration.

• 5 months later...