[Discontinued] Dynamic Underwear System

I was approached by Memroch via PM and she gave me very good hints for how to add some compatibility options. Using GetFormFromMod I might can add native support to a selection of mods without necessarily requiring them.

I was thinking something on the order of a token. Maybe something kind of like the unequip top/bottom that the player gets. Then that could "equipped" for the action (ie: using toilet could equip/unequip the new bottom token/clothing item) then unequip it when the action is done. That way, the plugin for said mod (ie: my BPH-DUS Patch) doesn't alter any DUS script, just uses whats already there. Same way would work for lovers and tamago. I think lovers adds and resmove sex/rape clothing items that are just used for count. Not really sure how tamago does it, but 2 new scripted items would probably do the trick for patch making.

As I said, your mod is wonderful and works as it should. Just a little tweak for easy compatibility patches = perfection. :)

Also, just a thought, how would you feel about making DUS and esm, then the patches, underwear packs, and any future undergarment mods would use it as a master?

I might add a token that will prevent DUS from equipping a given NPC if one found from its inventory. If a mod itself uses tokens though, I think DUS can use them instead.

About that ESM, it does sound like a good idea. For some reason I thought that I can't edit one after making it, but that definitely can't be the case. I will make this change by the time when version 1.3 comes out.

Ok. For BPH, I simply had to add 1 line to get it to work for the player.

if BPH.ini_undress_toilet
          set myitem to me.GetEquippedObject 3
          if myitem
                    me.UnEquipItemNS myitem
                    me.EquipItemNS DUSUnequipBottom
          endif
endif

Pretty much the same for bathtubs, except with the top also. But, he does use an item with the onadd obse command

me.AddItemNS BPHToiletPaperSitting 1       (for toilets and outhouses)

me.AddItemNS BPHWashcloth 1              (for bathtubs)

So getformfrommod would work for those 2 items. Fewer patches is always nice. Obviously the tp would only need to remove bottom, and washcloth would remove both. The item is removed after the action is done.

Considering there's not really a whole lot of mods that require realistic removal of underwear, native support probably wouldn't take much.  

In the mean time, while I eagerly await the newest version, I'm going to make a set of tighty whitey style undies for rm muscular. :)   Just in case that's what some prefer.

If anyone who can make meshes is willing to alter the meshes for the bras and panties for hgec, I will gladly make those packs as well. I have the bottom meshes for all the male underwear for roberts male and plan on making packs for each body type.

I will probably separate the bras and panties into their own files if I get meshes for the other tops and bottoms so people will be able to choose their bodies they have installed.

Taking Requests for Male undie packs other than Roberts Male Muscular. Must be a Roberts Male lower body.

I have variations of every roberts male lower bodies with the matching meshes, I just don't want to make the pack if no one is going to use it.

Average, Belly, Boy, Boy Athletic, Bulky, Heavy Muscular, Muscular Athletic, Scrawny, Slath

I can make a pack for any of these on request.

I am making some alterations to how my files are setup in these packs. I have the female pack done, it covers HGEC Normal, Large and Extra Large Bottoms, and cup sizes A, AA, B, C, D, E and H. The male pack will cover all the lowers listed above when I am done with it.

They will be released with update 1.3 of DUS as I have them set to look for an esm already. ( I wanted to see how easy it would be to switch them over from an esp to an esm)

Edit: Finished the male pack. It covers Average, Belly, Boy, Boy Athletic, Bulky, Heavy Muscular, Muscular, Muscular Athletic, Scrawny and Slath

Version 1.3 is live!

- Main file converted to .esm

- Added a item called xDUSExceptionToken. Give this to NPC if you want to prevent DUS from equipping them their underwear.

- (!!) Tweaked leveled lists for both male and female lowerclass to chance none for pants to 0, tops to 40.

When updating please remove the older files from your load order.

I didn't add detection for lovers tokens yet, because it wouldn't yet work for female PCs.

Onci I get time to play, I will test out the new token for My bph patch and see how that plays out. Weekends are typically a lot less play chance, it's when I have my kids. Soon as I get everything set, will update my underwear packs and bph patch. For now, I will take them down. 

Hopefully you get it to work! Please note that this exception just prevents NPCs from getting equipped, it will not undress them. If there is delay between undressing and giving the token, DUS might still kick in. Luckily this shouldn't happen if unequipping and giving the token is handled in the same script.

I think I should clean the script a bit next. It used to be properly commented but I doubt after all these updates anyone can still get a hold of what is going on. I will also add the option to limit how many NPCs can be checked per frame (along with few other things) from an external settings file.

Sweet. Inis are great. You said you put it so theres 40% of them getting underwear? That would be a good thing to put in it too. I haven't been able to test it yet, few irl issues, but should get it tested sometime this week.

• 3 months later...

Version 2.0 is here!

After some time I have finally got myself to update this mod. But wait, why 2.0?

I have rewritten the whole script to make it as gentle on performance as possible. External settings file now exist, where some values can be adjusted for this mod to better suit your needs or hopefully hardware. Also, I have made this mod natively compatible with LAPF and few other things.

I have reduced distributable clothing categories from three per gender per body slot to just two. It appeared to me that three was a pain to organize items in them, so now the lowest tier people will get same items as middle ones, though the chance for that to happen is reduced by an adjustable amount.

These two things combined sadly means that any old plugins will be incompatible. But it is wort it, I promise! I have already made two new plugins for this mod - one with few items for both genders, second to utilize Nessa Stores mod from this forum. I might make another one for HGEC's famous Apachii Goddess Store, though it will not happen in the near future.

I will not aim to provide this mod with any new features, as it feels pretty much complete now. However, I will continue to support this mod if any problems come out, and hopefully will provide some more underwear compilations or patches so that there would be any sense to use this mod.

Oh, and almost forgot. Player equipping - the very thing this mod was originally based on - has met a complete overhaul to a much more elegant direction. Please see the screenshots.

A small 2.0.1 update

Just realized that player can equip opposite gender only underwear. Fixed this. Also some default performance tuning done, please see main post bugs section for more info.

Also, underwear pack for females in now added! TGND is currently the only bodytype available, as I don't know how.

All feedback is appreciated.

Really like your mod, though I have run in to some problems: whenever I equip one of your items, it rapidly deequips and you can see that for a spilt second the upper body dissapears. Is this a mesh problem or have I installed it wrong?

Great mod again.

Really like your mod, though I have run in to some problems: whenever I equip one of your items, it rapidly deequips and you can see that for a spilt second the upper body dissapears. Is this a mesh problem or have I installed it wrong?

Great mod again.

This sounds weird, probably something got overlooked when I added the check for correct gender. I will check this out and fix it as soon as possible. About the upper body disappearing, I think it is just like how Greghalit explained. Though if you tried to equip underwear of the opposite gender, do note that they don't even have any meshes and this is why they should be automatically unequipped.

EDIT:

Lol, I was using last NPC's gender instead of player's to see if underwear can be equipped. This is now fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

• 4 months later...

Its the Male NPC in the Arena named Blue Team Gladiator. Here is the readout from FormId.

Blue Team Gladiator

UpperBody

Mod: Dynamic Underwear System.esm

model: None defined

icon: None defined

I tried coming into arena after transitioning from other areas and it seems to be random. Some times the problem wouldn't be there, but in those cases the FormId readout will not have the  Mod: Dynamic Underwear System.esm and the UpperBody part. The NPC is stripped to the waist while training, so it seems like the DUS trying to make him wear underwear?

Unfortunately I am unable to make that issue appear. However, it might have happened because Oblivion likes to make people wear stuff from their inventory when you load their area. That usually shouldn't affect anything because the item with most defence is chosen, but this poor guy seems to be a rare exception. You see, that item's ID refers to a token item that only works as a counter and is invisible to player.

I removed biped paths from two items that has this "feature", please try and see if it helps: <Moved to the download section>

• 1 month later...