Su cuy'gar, ner'vod! Sure you can.

Been busy settling matters before Christmas, nothing really exciting.

Su cuy'gar, ner'vod! I love those geeky hints of yours. Had to google that one ;) hope you`ll enjoy the movie!

Glad you got it working germanomosconiilre!

• 4 weeks later...

springacres: did you try to change it with nraas MC. When the genie is in the shower(wearing his naked outfit), click him, find nraas mc, advanced, change in CAS. Once there click on the hair, make sure the "padlock" for hairs are open ( so that it can use the turban on the other clothesoptions) and change the hair.

I was told once that i was not to go into any other clothescategory after that, just go out of CAS.(but i am not sure if that will mess things up...i just follow blindly-less the mighty simGod might turns moody and sprinkle my computer with her bad woodoo-mojo;)

If that doesn`t help I`ll see if I can find another solution later with my mighty petbeast named "google". ;)

Cheers

springacres: did you try to change it with nraas MC. When the genie is in the shower(wearing his naked outfit), click him, find nraas mc, advanced, change in CAS. Once there click on the hair, make sure the "padlock" for hairs are open ( so that it can use the turban on the other clothesoptions) and change the hair.

I was told once that i was not to go into any other clothescategory after that, just go out of CAS.(but i am not sure if that will mess things up...i just follow blindly-less the mighty simGod might turns moody and sprinkle my computer with her bad woodoo-mojo;)

If that doesn`t help I`ll see if I can find another solution later with my mighty petbeast named "google". wink.png

Cheers

I know I've had this issue crop up before, and that does sound like the solution I used.  Don't know why I didn't think of it on my own :P  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey maraas,

Great info you have there in your OP.

I see you organized your .package files into sub-folders within the Packages folder in Mods. Did you notice any improvement in your game loading time?

My game loads very slooooowly, despite all the tricks I've read about (deleting cashes, some junk folder contents...etc).

I've been tinkering with the Sims 3 mods lately, trying different things and seeing what I might like or not.

Obviously my Mods/Packages and Downloads folders are getting cluttered. What I've been experimenting is merging similar mods into a smaller number of .packages files. For instance, once I try a bunch of mods and am happy with them, I use S3PE and merge them together. I've done this for Cmar mods. Instead of over a dozen smaller mods, I only have one now called Cmar_Merged_Mods.

I'm also working on the animations mods, trying to combine Master's, Lady666's and Amra72's mods into one single unit. Actually, two. One merged mod for the animations and another for the scripts. I'm also experimenting with merging the scripts into one single _XML file in the merged mod, instead of 5 different scripts.

Do you, or anyone know if the game engine has a preference into reading a single large file instead of several smaller ones?

So far, I haven't seen any significant performance improvement (or loss). The only thing I'm concerned with is the crashes that have been happening during save or save as.

Not sure if it's due to merged .package files or not.

Edit:

By the way, I was reading a tutorial about merging CC files in the Sims 3/Downloads folder into a single unit, but my S3PE doesn't seem to be cooperating. Each time I try to either open or merge sims3packs (custom content stuff) i get an error message. The tutorial is very simple and I followed the steps (doesn't take a rocket scientist), but S3PE doesn't seem to use those files!

Hi there!

Thanks for the feedback:)

yes, the game prefers one single file as far as i have understood. I merge all my clothes/hair/shoes/makeup/NDskins packages and all the buy/build objects, with a few exceptions. patterns and some kitchenbenches/sofamodules do not go well with merging.  I`ve got two big merged packages in my modded folder; CAS and OBJECTS. 

But i do have the originals nicely organized so that it`s easy to unmerge and take out items if I want to. I also test out everything new in a testfolder for a time being to make sure it is ok, before eventually merging that too. Before merging anything make sure to check everything out with Delphys dashboard first. merging a huge amount of packages takes a long time and is bloody wasted if you have conflicted/corrupted and or dublicates merged into the same file. ;) yeah yeah....don`t laugh! I did that first time i merged files..so there...

I do not merge; sims, worlds, lots, defaults, animations, sliders(might be possible though), patterns,mods that needs updating from time to time (for instance nraas), tuningmods or scriptmods. (might be possible though. I am no expert)

I have never tried to merge s3p`s (I didn`t think that was possible!)

If you want your s3p`s merged i`d recommend using Delphys sims3pack multiextracter. It converts the s3p`s into packages,who in return can be merged into bigger packages.

But storeitems can`t be merged. It is possible, but i suspect you would have to decrappify them first then and possibly get some fixes and stuff. I have never tried, and have no idea how to do that.

Edit: Also if converting your s3p`s into packages, make sure to run them through custard first to make sure they do not have any bad cc. some of those are known to cause lag in game. Just saying ...

Edit 2: have you tried to rename your sims3 folder and start new? Do you still have trouble saving? If not; this is a great way to try to find problem content(it`s for sims2, but the method still mostly is the same ;)): http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

cheers

Just so I'm on the same page, when you say s3p's do you mean:

.package files like NRaas or animation  mods?

or

.sims3pack files like clothes accessory stuff (custom content)?

edit:

by the way, University Life, Seasons and Pets are on sale at 50% off on steam, are they worth it?

another edit:

I'm having issues working with penis sliders in CAS. Actually, they are working fine, it's just that the changes don't get saved.

To see if the changes transferred to the world, I created a Sim with a Jonh Holmes type male penis, quite large. When I started the game, I made my Sim have a solo interaction, and the penis was much smaller than it was in CAS...I wanna say, just default size as if it was not edited.

Any ideas?

Sorry i should have been clearer. With s3p`s I mean sims3pack files. Those that goes in the downloads folder whereas the package files goes in the mods/packages folder.

regarding university Life, seasons and Pets. I have them. They are required to make certain aspects of OKW work (bestiality/school). I do not regret buying them...but might have lived well without them as well :).Up to you.

Regarding the penis. I have never experienced a problem like that. They don`t look exactly the same in CAS and in game, but it should not be such a difference. Could you please double check that you don`t have any conflicts regarding the cmars penis mod? post-562642-0-04549400-1454847029_thumb.png.

you merged all the cmar files, didn`t you? I have never tried merging my cmar folders, and would not know if merging those could cause something like this. Try it again with the original (nonmerged) cmar-packages and see if the problem persists,would you?

edit: I tried merging all cmars packages and tested. Although the penis did get _a lot_ smaller in game compared with CAS it was still bigger then usual....Is this what happened in your game?

cheers!

maraas,

Thanks for clarifying about s3p's and your input about the Sims 3 DLC's. I ended up getting University Life and am considering Seasons. Not interested in Pets at this time.

If you remember me talking about the game freezing on Save/Save as, I am trying to figure out what the issue is, so since yesterday, I'm running my games with un-merged mods only and see if the save crashes happen. I've been using almost the exact same mods set up you outlined in your original post (minus a few optional ones).

Making sure to run Dashboard prior to launching the game.

So far so good.

The issue of the "shrinking penis" seems to be resolved, I think (due to Cmar's known issues with naked CAS body causing loss of changes when moving from one setting to the other) I kinda figured it out...and if you can believe that, I don't remember how I did it!!!

The penis in game was bigger than the default one, however, there is a new issue!

It's mainly cosmetic. I believe because of the way animations are done, when the penis is modified in CAS, especially angle/tilt/length, it causes a dis-alignment of the penis with the partner's mouth/body/hand. It really messes up the great job animators have done so far. So I think, I'll be shelving the penis size mod for now.

By the way, do you have any experience in scripting?

Thanks for the feedback. Congrats on your new DLC. Just in time for the coming school-feature of Oniki. (already in testing if you are a patreon) I Hope you will enjoy it.  :)

haha, So too big now?  yeah strange things seems to happen for no obvious reason in this game ;) I prefer not to touch the penis measurements just because of the animations too.

No, I have no experience in scripting :/

Cheers

You asked earlier if I rename the Sims 3 folder and restart a new game.

I actually do, it's easier for me to do so than go through individual folders and delete cashes...just let the game re-create the Sims 3 folder it needs!

Not sure if I've already asked you, but do you merge s3p's? the ones for custom content in the Downloads folder (not the Mods folder)?

If so, did you use S3PE? cause each time I try to merge those CC files with S3PE I get an error! It has not been working for me.

yes. as i mentioned earlier:

If you want your s3p`s merged i`d recommend using Delphys sims3pack multiextracter. It converts the s3p`s into packages,who in return can be merged.

Yes i use s3pe for the merging. Not all s3p`s though. sims/lots/worlds and storeitems might be a problem. Never tried to merge those.

• 1 month later...

Hey! Installed and enabled everything, added animation packages, but when I click ingame and choose any option interactions are labelled as for example showbottom(dot)interactionname. I click the interaction but nothing shows, no animation.

oniki will probably come around and change the labels for the interactions with time, but that is how they are at the moment. So nothing wrong there.

You did activate kinkyworld in the beginning right? if you click on your sim in game you see the kinky menu? and when trying to make your sim do anything on the kinky menu it is not working? Is that what you have done, and it is not working?

Do you get any error message? a no stage found message or anything like that?

Your sim must have some experience to do kinky stuff. In the beginning they will refuse to do most things. If you don`t want to train them, you can go to kinky settings and force your sims to always accept.

Also remember to delete your 4 cachefiles, when adding new mods and upgrading OKW. You find them in libraries/documents/electronic arts/the sims3. These are the files you delete: CasPartCache.package, scriptcache.package, compositorCache.package and simCompositorCache.package (they get regenerated every time you start your game).

hope this was helpful?