On 3/4/2019 at 12:28 PM, JesusKreist said:

Yes the hint is correct.

But next time read the hint fully. It says "Holster" but who he means is the hostler aka. the stable owner. The guy who sells the horses in windhelm.

That particular word is misspelled.

It does say "Holster" when "Hostler" is meant.

Used car horse merchant.

Stableboy.

The guy in front of the stables cleaning and sweeping.

In spitting distance from the carriage in windhelm.

Hmm ...

Where did I read that before?

Oh right. In the FAQ at the point "Where do I start?".

Btw. an advice.

If you have trouble following directions you should skip the building quest. That is only possible before the quest is started i.e. before you have talked to the "Holster".

Reason: the quest sends you onto a wild goose chase in all directions without questmarkers and almost no notes. For most steps you have to engage brain.exe or at least note.pen yourself.

On 2/27/2020 at 8:37 AM, JesusKreist said:

Btw. an advice.

If you have trouble following directions you should skip the building quest. That is only possible before the quest is started i.e. before you have talked to the "Holster".

Reason: the quest sends you onto a wild goose chase in all directions without questmarkers and almost no notes. For most steps you have to engage brain.exe or at least note.pen yourself.

I also had to use console commands to make some quest NPCs (that women in Solitude) actually appear... 

But that could also be my fault since I made my own SSE version of the mod.

Is there even a mansion that is "fully" working apart from the falkreath mansion? If not it would really just be the best way to skip the building quest.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No and there won't be.

The mod author has vanished 9 month ago along with any progress of this mod.

The last update (minor typos and bugs, no content to speak of) that hit patreon didn't even make it to loverslab.

On 11/4/2018 at 12:04 PM, msk2232 said:

Can anyone tell me where the troll victim can be found? I'm at the "A cock too far" quest which says I need to look near the roads near Falkreath but I was searching for long and I couldn't find it.

I’m stuck on this quest too, I’ve looked everywhere. No quest marker and no in game information to go on. I’m likely going to uninstall this mod...again. 

Problem is threefold.

First neither the source code from AMR nor the source code for AMP are available. The resulting mod is but that's not enough. So in the end the next Animal Mansion Mod must be based on the original mod which now is 7 years out of date and many things have changed in skyrim. Basically it must be a loose rewrite for the most part.

Second it takes a serious amount of time, effort and dedication to write/program/enhance/maintain a big mod. You can count "big" mods for skyrim and skyrim SE on one hand as most are "medium" sized at max. And even they are not easy either.

Third is the legality. Even if one somehow acquires the source code of AMP or AMR the specific authors have not granted permission to use it for an own mod. In the case of AMR he basically even forbade talk about modifications made for private use without distribution.

On 3/10/2020 at 5:10 AM, JesusKreist said:

First neither the source code from AMR nor the source code for AMP are available. The resulting mod is but that's not enough.

Hi,

I'm afraid this isn't 100% true. Due to the fact that compiled Papyrus code is so similar to the original, it is actually quite easy to decompile the papyrus .pex file to generate a .psc.

Someone had posted an update for my Spectator Crowds mod that I stopped updating for a few years due to being busy, and when I went back to update it again I wanted to integrate their enhancements, but they didn't give a .psc, only .pex. To see what their changes were, I used a decompiler. I was impressed by how close it was to my original code - it was almost line-for-line. It wound up being really easy to see what they did and make those changes in my .psc. I could have just taken the decompiled code and used that, but I wanted to see exactly what they did where and why, since I would need to support it and update it, and I didn't want to lose the comments that I had made in my code.

The decompiler I used is here, I highly recommend it: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35307/

It would be super easy to run that on the .PEX files for AMP to get the .PSCs. They would have everything in them except comments.

I agree with your other two points. The mod author for AMR did not allow this, but for AMP it is a possibility. So someone could pick up AMP and update it after decompiling the scripts with the decompiler above. Your second point is still true, and that is the biggest thing - a lot of people want mods, but not many are willing or even able to put in the amount of time it takes.

Please note I am not encouraging or condoning enhancing AMR against the author's wishes by using the decompiler - it would be wrong to go against the requirements of the AMR author. But - it may be possible for AMP. I was simply responding here, in the AMR thread, because that is where I saw this.

19 hours ago, wpg97541 said:
Spoiler

Hi,

I'm afraid this isn't 100% true. Due to the fact that compiled Papyrus code is so similar to the original, it is actually quite easy to decompile the papyrus .pex file to generate a .psc.

Someone had posted an update for my Spectator Crowds mod that I stopped updating for a few years due to being busy, and when I went back to update it again I wanted to integrate their enhancements, but they didn't give a .psc, only .pex. To see what their changes were, I used a decompiler. I was impressed by how close it was to my original code - it was almost line-for-line. It wound up being really easy to see what they did and make those changes in my .psc. I could have just taken the decompiled code and used that, but I wanted to see exactly what they did where and why, since I would need to support it and update it, and I didn't want to lose the comments that I had made in my code.

The decompiler I used is here, I highly recommend it: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35307/

It would be super easy to run that on the .PEX files for AMP to get the .PSCs. They would have everything in them except comments.

I agree with your other two points. The mod author for AMR did not allow this, but for AMP it is a possibility. So someone could pick up AMP and update it after decompiling the scripts with the decompiler above. Your second point is still true, and that is the biggest thing - a lot of people want mods, but not many are willing or even able to put in the amount of time it takes.

Please note I am not encouraging or condoning enhancing AMR against the author's wishes by using the decompiler - it would be wrong to go against the requirements of the AMR author. But - it may be possible for AMP. I was simply responding here, in the AMR thread, because that is where I saw this.

Hi.

I'm afraid this isn't 100% true.

A sourcecode always contains more info than a reverse engineered version.

It may come close at times but it NEVER is exactly the same.

Plus decompiling itself is illegal at that point. Essentially a copyright is broken without permission.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:00 AM, MadMansGun said:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2217-animal-mansion-plus/

also tasairis is thinking/talking about making one of his own.

Honestly at this point I would just like a copy of the mod without the quest line and just the NPC's without the quests so I can just set up the scenes myself. It seems like the bigger issue is getting the mod to work because of the whole story line set up rather than just having a version with the questline for those who want the extra fun and a version without so they can get right into the action.

So I just downloaded it and 1 I love it and 2 I have run into some odd bugs

The first one is (and I think I'm right on this) that the Stonemason never gets spawned in. I followed the hint and even went farther than that. I searched the whole city for 1 person to have dialog related to stone work. Never found anyone.

The second bug I ran into was the bear quest always gets skipped for some reason, makes me go to the saber cat.

The third bug I found was the spiders don't let me click on them, spent an hour in the cave and they didn't become active for me

and the last bugs I found was on the last quest I could do, the troll quest. the first bug I found was if they got attacked at all before I got to them they stop working and the other bug I found was because I never got the quest to find the bear I can't finish the troll quest

Sorry if this counts twards spoilers but these bugs really messed up my fun >.<

Other than those I had a blast playing this mod ❤️ I hope to see it continue to evolve :D 

Great you enjoy it but as said before this mod won't evolve.

The mod author has vanished two or three times before, claimed HDD problems a year ago, briefly came back and is gone since then without a trace.

The bugs you found are not new either.

Most likely they are caused by incompatible mods. As said many times before the list of incompatible mods in the OP does only show a few of possibly dozens.

I bit the bullet and joined the Patreon, and am using rev700. the pereq quests, find the ingots, buy the plot (falkreath), buy the schematics, hire the builder, then nothing. Like for 12 actual hours not in-game hours, it's just Thaena camped out at the build site, no dialogue, nothing happening. Is there a way to kickstart the quest, since setstage doesn't work at all here. Apparently, paying for the mod doesn't get you a working version either.....

Correct.

The bug you described is a rather common one and either is a conflicting/incompatible mod (the list up front is a snippet and likely only ~5%) or .. well .. of unknown cause. Might be papyrus acting up, might be the GPU driver, might be the HDD not providing the data fast enough, ...

Or it may be a simple issue with the script that's "fixed" by saving and loading.

Honestly very much is possible.

On 3/10/2020 at 5:10 AM, JesusKreist said:

Third is the legality. Even if one somehow acquires the source code of AMP or AMR the specific authors have not granted permission to use it for an own mod. In the case of AMR he basically even forbade talk about modifications made for private use without distribution.

I don't know much about modding but it seems to me that Jmathers forbade others from remaking the mod without the original author's permission, when they explicitly stated that others were free to do what they wanted with their code.

Something seems sketchy there.

Wrong.

On 5/23/2015 at 8:12 PM, Jmathers said:

The Animal Mansion Redux - Rev;538 - Alpha - 5

Interlecutal Properties & Rights:
The Animal Mansion Redux is a complete overhaul of The Animal Mansion by sky_mds. Assets and concepts used from The Animal Mansion are in compliance with sky_mds's statement that "Anyone can take what I made and use it for their own purpose without asking for permission.",

End User Agreement: You may NOT Distribute / Redistribute / Disassemble The Animal Mansion Redux in any way, shape or form.
End User Agreement: You May Modify the mod for PERSONAL USE ONLY, under no circumstance are you permitted to publish your edited version of The Animal Mansion Redux.

The End User agreement refers to "The Animal Mansion Redux" and all works therein ONLY!
and has No eligibility towards the Original "The Animal Mansion" by Sky_mds
Due to The Alpha version Nature of the Mod; I Advise against using Your Main Character, do so at own Risk
(if you do and it get's corrupted you may complain, just not to me :P I warned you. :))

Those permissions are that strict that you can modify the files for private use but are technically not even allowed to talk about the fact you did, yet alone give instructions how you did it.

The original mod which this is based on is explicitly exempt.

Wrong?

Did you even read the message you quoted? Jmathers used assets and content from the original mod as well as the name of the original mod, implying that they are forbidding others from modifying it without sky_md's permission to do so when J definitely should consult sky before doing something like that especially since it is sky-md's assets, content, and mod name regardless of whether it's a complete overhaul or not.

1 hour ago, Edge_of_Yesterday said:

Wrong?

Did you even read the message you quoted? Jmathers used assets and content from the original mod as well as the name of the original mod, implying that they are forbidding others from modifying it without sky_md's permission to do so when J definitely should consult sky before doing something like that especially since it is sky-md's assets, content, and mod name regardless of whether it's a complete overhaul or not.

You are wrong. back in 2015 Jmathers returned the rights to the 'original' mod.   sky_mds opened it up to all.

page 83