Yes you need the HiyokoGenerator ( MBP or No MBP ) and the HiyokoNameList.ini ( then your children have names)

Read the first post Technical Background

"* The original HiyokoGenerator is supposed to be "fail-safe". Various situation could happen during your game session, and your partner may be or may not be a human. But, no matter what the combination was like, the original HiyokoGenerator WILL fetch a valid child NPC. This is guaranteed.
* Unlike that, the only concern of HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge is to handle humanoid-humanoid matings. If a creature is ever involved, this mod will simply ignore it. In this case, TamagoClub fails to get a child to deliver while expecting one, the consequence will be a miscarriage at best, unpredictable behavior sometimes, CTD at worst. This is one of the reasons why this mod requires the original HiyokoGenerator."

----------------------------------

The new HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge  is for  human -human children.

If you have sex with creatures and  get human Kids the old HiyokoGenerator is used ( If you don't have MBP use the No MBP HiyokoGenerator )

Creature Kids are  handled by the HiyokoGeneratorBroodMother ( if you set 100% creatures children in the HiyokoGeneratorBroodMother ini you don't get human children generated by the old HiyokoGenerator (with the old load order Problems). Sex with creatures  = only creature children, and sex with humans = only the new load order Independent human children. )

No, I did read that, I just misunderstood when it said it could be used to remove the dependency on MBP.  I'd long since forgotten the NoMBP version, so I'll give that noise a try.  I saw reference that it was designed to be used as a plugin rather than replacer, and misinterpreted that to mean it could be a replacer in the event that you could put up with some glitches.  I mostly just wanted to make sure it was a result of me messing with my mods, in case my near-constant tampering with my install had finally broken something and Blockhead was no longer functioning or something.  Thanks for the help on that.

Right, used NoMBP hiyoko generator.  Surprise surprise, problem solved.  Existing children that had the grey thing still have the grey thing, but I doubt there's much to be done about that.  Tested it real quick with my wood elf PC, partner was another wood elf.  Offspring was for some reason apparently a high elf, according to the humantouch spell and their distincly yellow skin.  A little confused on that one, it was a controlled test with only those two vanilla wood elves, but whatever, I can live.  Bottom line is it was that very simple problem, which is now solved because I'm a fool who didn't realise there was a generator that didn't need MBP.

At first, all I noticed was that the children had all been named "lil bugger", which I'm sure I can live with.

HGGF lacks the function to assign them a random name. "lil bugger" is their original name defined in the .esp file. 

The confusing part, though was their lack of clothes (clothing children, I assume, was something the removed hiyoko esp did)

Inheritance of factions and mother's belongings is what the original hiyoko generator was doing.

and grey faces with the words "install Blockhead" scrawled on them.  That's the part that confuses me.  I have blockhead installed.  When I saw this, I even tried updating it and making sure my obse was up to date, and when that didn't fix it I rolled my blockhead back to previous versions, still with no luck.

I swear, this is not my doing. I've never included such face texture. And I've never seen such thing myself so I don't know what it's like.

Is that sort of thing a bug on my end, or a consequence of trying to run geneforge without the original generator?

I'd have to assume so, yes.

Offspring was for some reason apparently a high elf, according to the humantouch spell and their distincly yellow skin.  A little confused on that one, it was a controlled test with only those two vanilla wood elves, but whatever, I can live.  Bottom line is it was that very simple problem, which is now solved because I'm a fool who didn't realise there was a generator that didn't need MBP.

Their race name means little. It just means that kid's base race was High elf. Altmer, Bosmer, Dunmer faces are shared between them, because they look roughly similar, and it's entirely possible to get a Dunmer or Altmer face from Bosmer parents. That kid's racial abilities will still be a Bosmer's.

Likewise Breton, Imperial, Nord faces are shared (but not Redguard). You may get a Nord child from Breton parents. But they will have the Dragon Skin, Enhanced Magicka and Magic Resistance ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi movomo, and thanks for all the work you're doing!

I hope this mod will soluce one of my old hiyoko problem: after some times my children juste disappear/vanish... I don't know why (but if I use "MCS" on them, it says me they are "temporal actors").

If I understand with this mod the children have a chance to have the female skin texture too?

(I'm using "ancient sorceress" race and really like theyr tatooed skin :) )

I'll instal it asap! ^^

Hi movomo, and thanks for all the work you're doing!

I hope this mod will soluce one of my old hiyoko problem: after some times my children juste disappear/vanish... I don't know why (but if I use "MCS" on them, it says me they are "temporal actors").

If I understand with this mod the children have a chance to have the female skin texture too?

(I'm using "ancient sorceress" race and really like theyr tatooed skin :) )

I'll instal it asap! ^^

It sounds like you need to increase the lifespan of your children. Look in your HiyokoClub.ini for a4hc.HiyokoLife and increase the last number to the number of days you want them to stay in the game.

(I'm using "ancient sorceress" race and really like theyr tatooed skin smile.png )

I'll instal it asap! ^^

Unfortunately, the children generated by this mod use their own skin texture, not the one inherited from their parents. What this mod does is to *try* to simulate such inheritance behavior as possible.

Other than that, I agree with Supierce. The hiyoko disappearing issue is likely because their lifespan is set at a too short value.

Or, if not, perhaps you're using a somewhat unusual hiyoko generator. Actually they shouldn't be a temp actor if you were using the default generator. Anyways, those generated by this plugin are not temporary actors, so no worry about that.

Thanks for the fast answer! :)

The generator I'm using is one from this site: "Lovers Tamago and Hiyoko Club AIO" packed by neskimo ( http://www.loverslab.com/Forum-Lovers-with-PK--15) is there a better one?

Edit: I have installed geneforge and I've got CTD after 1 or 2 minutes of gameplay... I can load the game but not playing more than 1 ou 2 min (I tryed 8 times), I'm using the winXP version, OBSE21, blockhead 8.1, and made an OMOD...

Did I forget doing somethig? (I saw no load order specified on the mod page)

There could be several different causes, but if you're using the win xp version, at least it's not missing .egm problem. That is if you have any of the .egm/.egt/.tri files missing it could cause ctd, but this is probably not the case here.

It really doesn't matter which base hiyoko genetator for your install is "better", because if you enable this one then your original hiyoko generator will do nothing anyway (but still needed). I cannot check every different version of hiyoko generator if it's valid or not, so I'd recommend switching to the "default" version which is included in the core hiyokoclub package from here.

If it still troubles you after that, try starting a new game.

Hey, having a slight problem. I installed the Windows Vista or higher version, ran the batch file, installed Blockhead 9.2, installed the original HiyokoGenerator, HiyokoClub and TamagoClub, and all NPC's in the game are still having miscarriages. No children are being born successfully, any help?

Edited by Roguelike89

@Yvell
If the default generator does not appear to help, you might try Blockhead v9.2
This is what I am running on my WinXp setup.

@Roguelike89
Some possible things:
Check your TamagoClub.ini and make sure AllowNPC is 1
Cast your Hiyoko spell and see how high DeliveryRate is. You can set it by console
with set a4hc.DeliveryRate to #  (I run mine at 50 to 60)

Huh, I don't have the Hiyoko spell in my inventory, even though HiyokoClub is installed. Any idea why that would be?

A million years ago when I started using Lovers mods, I encountered a problem with my tamago and hiyoko stuff that sounds kind of similar to what you're experiencing.  When pregnancy even did occur at all, everything resulted in miscarriage, and I couldn't figure out why.  Eventually, I noticed that for whatever reason I couldn't do any shivering isles quests because I never got the beginning notification.  I though that was weird, so I reinstalled my expansion packs and started a new game.  Funny enough, that fixed it.  No more random miscarriages and my game seemed to actually run properly.  Don't know if you're problem's the same as mine, or if that solution will help, but that's how I got around it.  I guess just give it a check and make sure things are working right.  If not, reinstall the expansions and see what happens.

the default generator and Blockhead v9.2 does not help, I still have CTD... I'll try starting a new game... :'(

edit: starting a new game seems to work, I can play without having CTD (I'll see later for the birth system :3 )

Hi Supierce,

HGGF does not contain the function of Hiyoko Shooter, so if you want that ability, I do not think it would interfere with HGGF.

I have been playing without HShooter with no issue, but I plan on trying it. I looked at the scripts when you mentioned it and I see it deals directly with HiyokoClub.

Of course Movomo can give best answer to if there is problems.

Mem

Mem and Movomo - thanks. I see it picks a random position, which might be... ah... unusual in some cases. I might adjust it to something more specific if I decide to use it.

Agreed, I might add a simple ini and release so user can decide appropriate position.

Movomo: Do the HGGF hiyo races inherit 'voice' like hiyoargonian take the argonian voice, or is that not workable?

Movomo: Do the HGGF hiyo races inherit 'voice' like hiyoargonian take the argonian voice, or is that not workable?

It's all already set. I thought I would make them 'borrow' Ainmhi race voice if it's installed... but at some point I got lazy and stopped thinking about that idea. I don't think I can make them inherit parents' voice type. I probably can change it per race basis, but not individual basis.

Okay, so I was directed to this thread since it was suspected that my problem had its cause in GeneForge. My game runs (practically; there's been an odd CTD on occasion, but never anything persistent) flawlessly and functions as it is supposed to, but when I get within one or two loading screens of the child News recently notified me about, the game CTDs quite reliably. Do you have any ideas as to how to solve this issue? I'm also running FutureDream, in case that has any significance...

If you're using the GeneForge version, I'm suspecting some of the .egm/.tri/.egt files are missing.

Are you using vista version (with a batch file) or xp version? The xp version can be installed blindly, vista version is not. To run the vista version correctly you should have executed the .bat file. Did you do that? Anyways, try replacing data files with xp version's.

I did run the batch file, yes, but I will see if using the data files from the xp-version changes anything. I will report back when I know if it changed anything; I tried loading a save before the birth, which made Hiyoko report something that I didn't get the chance to read, and now the save with the child CTDs immediately when I try to load it instead of just once I get near the child. Will have to wait for the birth to occur again before I can confirm whether the situation has improved.