IGNORED

How to debug CTD

7 hours ago, manakanaki said:

dump file analysis and using debuggers?

IMHO they are a waste of time. 99% of in-game CTDs (at random times and places) are memory management related. The fact that the finger is pointing at a particular mod means nothing. The mod may just be the 'straw that broke the camel's back'. This is why I suggested double-checking ENBoost etc.

https://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost

Scan the 50 pages of this thread and see how many problems were solved by debug info.

• 6 months later...

Every time i have crash with error = TESV.exe+0x001a6cc4

Maybe someone can help me, because CTD occurs in random places when i play about 20-30 minutes. Sometimes 5 minutes gameplay and CTD.
Thanks for help! Have a good day :)

Of course i'm using various fixes and LOOT + Merged Patch and Bashed Patch

Edited by blant221
1 hour ago, blant221 said:

Every time i have crash with error = TESV.exe+0x001a6cc4

Maybe someone can help me, because CTD occurs in random places when i play about 20-30 minutes. Sometimes 5 minutes gameplay and CTD.
Thanks for help! Have a good day :)

Of course i'm using various fixes and LOOT + Merged Patch and Bashed Patch

See the post that is two above yours.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:04 PM, Grey Cloud said:

Like i wroted before, i'm using various fixes:

- Crash fixes

- all fixes from devourerPI(Skyrim memory optimizer etc.)

- Safety Load

- Skyrim Anti Crash

- Continue game no crash

- Bug fixes

- etc. etc.

- Ordenador. Compressed all textures to 2K.

- Custom Memory Block from crash fixes. Memory block 1 86-95%, block 2 76-83% 

GPU 60-100% usage. It depends on where i am (GTX 1080Ti)

RAM never go higher than 3GB. Maybe in riverwood uses more.

CPU 30% usage from what i see.

Maybe you could point out more precisely what I could do to fix that problem -> TESV.exe+0x001a6cc4
because I have seen such links what you give on reddit couple of times, when i begin with modding Skyrim LE version.

Edited by blant221
3 hours ago, blant221 said:

because I have seen such links what you give on reddit couple of times, when i begin with modding Skyrim LE version.

So you have seen such links on reddit? This is not reddit and those links are both to good guides. The fact that you are obsessing about this TESV.exe+0x001a6cc4 thing is evidence that you don't know as much about modding Skyrim as you may think. Read this thread and see how many people got their problem sorted, then read some of the other threads in tech support and see the advice given which leads to solutions.

Using every alleged fix you come across is not the same as using the effective stability tools correctly.

Pro tip: 99% of Skyrim CTDs in different places and after varying times are memory related. Therefore the solution is to ensure Skyrim is using memory efficiently. See the two links for further information.

17 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

So you have seen such links on reddit? This is not reddit and those links are both to good guides. The fact that you are obsessing about this TESV.exe+0x001a6cc4 thing is evidence that you don't know as much about modding Skyrim as you may think. Read this thread and see how many people got their problem sorted, then read some of the other threads in tech support and see the advice given which leads to solutions.

Using every alleged fix you come across is not the same as using the effective stability tools correctly.

Pro tip: 99% of Skyrim CTDs in different places and after varying times are memory related. Therefore the solution is to ensure Skyrim is using memory efficiently. See the two links for further information.

I don't care if I know how to perfectly mod a game or not know it at all. I am writing about a specific error because it is the only one that appears. I also do not have time to read dozens of topics and look for something that will help me in the end, therefore I am asking for help.

I asked for specific details what to do to neutralize this error and such an answer I did not get, only general formulas that appear in various forums.
I have already written what I have, maybe I should send more detailed information about this error? Maybe there is another person, more willing to help, of course having time to do so :) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 8:04 PM, Grey Cloud said:

You could try following the link in that post and then follow these:

Hey, a new STEP guide is out. Very smexy! (Jan 23, 2021 "new" ^^)

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimLE:3.0.0

On 7/30/2021 at 1:19 PM, blant221 said:

Sounds like a memory issue. I get kind of symptoms if I play without any memory fixes, for example without a SKSE.ini.

Wrongly configured fixes will crash your game.

Conflicting fixes will also crash your game.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:19 PM, blant221 said:

Merged Patch and Bashed Patch

If you use Smash Patch or TES5edit merged patch you don't need to use the bashed patch conflict resolution anymore (but you still can merge patches and use the tweaks).

If you use a Smash Patch check it with TES5edit for errors, it sometimes can't decide what mod should win and doesn't fill out every entry in it's patch esp. So far I observed that only for armor/armor addon entries if I have multiple armor replacers.

Edited by donttouchmethere
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, kra6969 said:

Whenever my game crashes and it makes the DMP file the size of it is 0 KB and makes it unreadable, anyone know how to fix this?

If you described the CTDs in a bit more detail then perhaps someone could help you solve that problem and you wouldn't have to worry about the size of the dump file.

8 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

If you described the CTDs in a bit more detail then perhaps someone could help you solve that problem and you wouldn't have to worry about the size of the dump file.

I figured out that it was a few mods that replaced the same thing, I just disabled and enabled a bunch mods until it stopped crashing, but would still like to know why the file size is 0 KB for future reference if needed

21 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Presumably because nothing was written to it. Did you try opening it? What program do you think is creating the file?

Yeah I tried opening them with Windbg Preview, reads files larger than 0 KB just fine. I use the SKSE.ini file to create the DMP files