2 hours ago, Slorm said:

@Inte

I think you'll like this one (not a lot). It's interesting as it relates to the game engine RNG.

To cut a long story short I have a stable game seed which I use which is about 25 hours in and has the crappy missions (like Blood on the Ice) completed. I've used it around three or four times now and noticed that the random bounty is always the same, for example the first bounty is always 53 in Winterhold. It's rather reminiscent of the RAND() and RND() functions on the old ZX81, if RAND() (the seed) was the same number then RND() would always follow the exact same order of numbers (we used to get round it by having RAND() use monitor frame count on startup).  The same thing happens in game with the first Companions quest mission, it is always the same unless you start a new game.

There must be a way round it as otherwise DCL would always fire at the same time, but as it doesn't there must be another way of handling the RNG.

This is a curiosity so don't waste time on it (or Punga will wet their knickers waiting for an upgrade :grin:) but if it's an easy thing to adjust it would be an enhancement to POP.

I have never gotten the same random bounty yet. You are correct tho, Skyrim's RNG is fairly bad.

What do you mean DCL would always fire at the same time? What scenario?  

11 hours ago, Inte said:

I have never gotten the same random bounty yet. You are correct tho, Skyrim's RNG is fairly bad.

What do you mean DCL would always fire at the same time? What scenario?  

Ah sorry I wasn't clear there. What I meant was that the events in DCL do seem randomised whereas the the bounties (like the first Companions mission) is the same using the same seed game. The quick fix for POP would be to stop and start the bounty routine.

You're being charitable saying the RNG is fairly bad, it's dire IMV. I'm familiar with probability and clustering theory but at time the RNG is simply broken. For example I once went through a dwemer ruin looting everything I could find and ended up with over 95 restraint keys, every single container dropped one. Now, on a scale of 1 to Infinity it could be argued that was simply clustering but to be honest I doubt it very much, particularly as after reloading the game it didn't happen again.

I see, maybe. 
In POP I use the RNG at the end of the previous event to randomize the following (current) event, perhaps DCL is using it at the start of the current event.
Therefore once a POP event (bounty) occurred, the next event is already randomized and ready. So it does not matter how many times you load the same save, you’ll get the same bounty until it is applied and randomized again.
Like I said, I’ve never gotten the same bounty twice. Don’t forget, sample size matters as well. 
16 hours ago, Inte said:
I see, maybe. 
In POP I use the RNG at the end of the previous event to randomize the following (current) event, perhaps DCL is using it at the start of the current event.
Therefore once a POP event (bounty) occurred, the next event is already randomized and ready. So it does not matter how many times you load the same save, you’ll get the same bounty until it is applied and randomized again.
Like I said, I’ve never gotten the same bounty twice. Don’t forget, sample size matters as well. 

It's happened three times, but I've started another game to test it out (should know in a game day or two), but if you're using the previous event it would make perfect sense that it would always be the same.

40 minutes ago, theoddguy said:

Question: If you're imprisoned in the pillory, is anyone who tries to take advantage of you supposed to open a conversation before they do it? I think I might be having some conflicts with Deviously Helpless.

You get some comments generated by POP but not an dialogue tree

DH doesn't have any dialogue except for Bandits (it starts "Lookee here..." as a screen message) and it only fires when in devices, unarmed and spotted by hostile NPC's

On 4-12-2017 at 6:43 PM, Slorm said:

You get some comments generated by POP but not an dialogue tree

DH doesn't have any dialogue except for Bandits (it starts "Lookee here..." as a screen message) and it only fires when in devices, unarmed and spotted by hostile NPC's

My mistake, I meant whichever Devious mod that makes NPCs occasionally grab a bondaged player for sex. So if I'm locked in a pillory, would the POP events happen without a conversation opening? It's usually something simple like 'Slut, service me!' before the animation begins.

21 hours ago, theoddguy said:

My mistake, I meant whichever Devious mod that makes NPCs occasionally grab a bondaged player for sex. So if I'm locked in a pillory, would the POP events happen without a conversation opening? It's usually something simple like 'Slut, service me!' before the animation begins.

That sounds like misogyny event chance in DCL but I can't remember the dialogue so maybe not. AFAIK though, POP switches off DCL events while running though possibly that one was missed as it's a different branch of DCL. Inte can probably advise better than me on that (and it may be a different mod in any case). Might be helpful if you post a mod list

5 hours ago, Slorm said:

That sounds like misogyny event chance in DCL but I can't remember the dialogue so maybe not. AFAIK though, POP switches off DCL events while running though possibly that one was missed as it's a different branch of DCL. Inte can probably advise better than me on that (and it may be a different mod in any case). Might be helpful if you post a mod list

Oh, I have no idea which mod does it. 

It is a great mod not a patch any more and I love it.

But i miss something after the release from prison. The whole town was f***ing, whiping PC and watched it happening for a whole day or even much longer and the very next second aftet release they act like nothing happened.

My suggestion is to add some reminding or humiliating forcegreets, dialog starters, or/and comments after PC release may be some mistrust while getting a vanila quest so the fame and memory of PC had been publicaly humiliated prisoner decrease in the city for some time not immidiatly.

And one more thing there is a wonderful hanging animationanimation in maria eden. So is it posible to add this exeqution to POP for PC aftet X amount of sentences like PC just can't be improved?

And yes it will be the end of the game)))

I haven't been able to get the Pillory scene to run. It just keeps me in the prison. Anyone know what triggers it?

Also, many NPCs added by this mod are missing races (Nobles and Prisoners mainly). They default to FoxRace and are invisible. Am I missing something?

I tried to fix it in the editor, but "xazPrisonOverhaul.esp" was no longer listed as a parent master after I saved it. That made a huge mess :blush:. 

EDIT: Ok, i figured out the ESMify thing in Wrye Bash, and fixed the NPCs with missing races in CK. Still, I kinda want to know what went wrong in the first place.

8 hours ago, WindShadow75 said:

I don't think there is an option for that, but I would very much like to do so myself.

Second that. When I saw the option to not get food or drink I turned on that option. As further punishment for the murderers most my characters are. The dialog then seeming as if it's my character's choice to not eat or drink. Felt off.

3 hours ago, Foxcrest said:

Have had no problems with this mod, but I just started a new save after updating to devious 4.0, only change made, and now this mod won't register. No MCM, no messages nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

From my limited understanding it has to do with the mod using ZAP, you will probably have to wait for an update before it can be used.

14 hours ago, Foxcrest said:

Have had no problems with this mod, but I just started a new save after updating to devious 4.0, only change made, and now this mod won't register. No MCM, no messages nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

there seems to be something else going on.

POP8u/DDE322 MCMs show up on my system with DD4

DDE is still able to remove some DD4s

i still got arrested with POP (while enslaved with SD+ -> pressing pop surrender made my sd master arrest me 0.o)

i can make only guesses for your issue:

* if you install DD4 you need to start a NEW game! *

if you used SLIF dont use the old DD patch it will install old MCMs and overwrites the new ones

no other mods should overwrite scripts of DD4

dont forget to run fins + and build bashed patch + dont forget to run bodyslide

if you use NMM best to deinstall DCL than old DDs -> close NMM (to prevent folder write protection)-> restart NMM -> install new DD4 -> install new DCL 6.2 -> bodyslide ftw

sort load order with loot or/and sort masters manualy of DD and ZAP like masters of pop are sorted (for example with wrye bash) (actualy i dont do that for pop, but maybe it helps^^)

36 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

if you used SLIF dont use the old DD patch it will install old MCMs and overwrites the new ones

no other mods should overwrite scripts of DD4

Minor nitpick, but it isn't the menu (mcm) from DD that gets overwritten by SLIF, it's the core of the framework itself.