HDT And SMP Hair List

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, xxsilentrevelationxx said:

Yes. You have to make a hairline in NIFSkope. To make it show up in Racemenu, you have to make it a hair in the Creation Kit. If you don't make a Hairline, the hair will be transparent.

How do you make a hairline? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying to change hair color. Read the following how-to on Page 3:

"... move to the bottom pane, scroll down till you see "Hair Tint Color" - this is the one to tweak.

Double click on the little colour wheel to bring up an interactive one, or double click the hex colour value to enter numbers directly as RGB values."

On an auburn ("redhead") wig, I have the following "RGB values": 0.330, 0.200, 0.200. These are not "hex color values." They aren't RGB values either- RGB ranges from 0 to 255 and a fractional RGB value between zero and less than one would be such a light tint as to be virtually undetectable.

Can someone please tell me what format "0.330, 0.200, 0.200" could possibly be so I can recolor a wig? Thanks.

Hello. Out of curiosity, how come items are preferred over RaceMenu options when it comes to HDT hair? Subsequently is there a tutorial out there for convering wigs into hair options for RaceMenu(If such a thing is even possible)? For... Not so technically savvy users? :$

Edit - By the way, I don't suppose anyone on LL picked up KS Hair HDT and updated it? The Nexus version is a few years old now. I already searched but there's no harm in asking, I would think.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 1:32 PM, Violence6884 said:

Hello. Out of curiosity, how come items are preferred over RaceMenu options when it comes to HDT hair? Subsequently is there a tutorial out there for convering wigs into hair options for RaceMenu(If such a thing is even possible)? For... Not so technically savvy users? :$

Edit - By the way, I don't suppose anyone on LL picked up KS Hair HDT and updated it? The Nexus version is a few years old now. I already searched but there's no harm in asking, I would think.

Nope, Kalilies stated on the KS Hairdos port to SE that the HDT version is unlikely to be updated or ported at all. It would be a big project to take on, and since physics are hard enough to apply to one hairstyle, I doubt it'll ever be undertaken. Wishful thinking, though.

As for the first statement, yes it is possible to convert wigs into hair options. You need to make a hairline, and change the tags in NIFSkope. Then you need to boot up the Creation Kit and place both the hairline (as an asset) and the hair into the game.

9 hours ago, xxsilentrevelationxx said:

An acquaintance gave that a try(Since I have no idea how to do any of that), said it's too tedious and time consuming, even if you get the procedure down right. So... I think that it's all indeed just wishfull thinking. Pity. Wigs have a few quirks of their own, for example the Yundao ones keep reverting to their original colours and the hair some times gets stuck in an awkward position when loading a game. At least on my end. Along with a couple more minor annoyances. Not ideal.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:33 PM, xxsilentrevelationxx said:

Nope, Kalilies stated on the KS Hairdos port to SE that the HDT version is unlikely to be updated or ported at all. It would be a big project to take on, and since physics are hard enough to apply to one hairstyle, I doubt it'll ever be undertaken. Wishful thinking, though.

As for the first statement, yes it is possible to convert wigs into hair options. You need to make a hairline, and change the tags in NIFSkope. Then you need to boot up the Creation Kit and place both the hairline (as an asset) and the hair into the game.

On 12/23/2018 at 7:38 AM, Violence6884 said:

An acquaintance gave that a try(Since I have no idea how to do any of that), said it's too tedious and time consuming, even if you get the procedure down right. So... I think that it's all indeed just wishfull thinking. Pity. Wigs have a few quirks of their own, for example the Yundao ones keep reverting to their original colours and the hair some times gets stuck in an awkward position when loading a game. At least on my end. Along with a couple more minor annoyances. Not ideal.

I can understand their decision. Wigs don't seem to work that well with physics added. Often they get "snagged" in weird positions and jump around a bit before defaulting back to their original position. It's a nice idea in theory but it doesn't work that well in reality. I give Kalilies loads of credit for coming up with some of the best hairdos in Skyrim, though. I use static versions on all my personal presets.

Which brings me to a question I've had for a while. What can physics attached to wigs even do? I've tried most of the hair mods out there over the past seven years and I've never seen ones that did more than swish around ever so slightly in response to movement and wind up as I described above if the motion is too violent. In fact, is there a difference between what can be done in Oldrim vs. Newrim? I'm inclined to think not, but I'm not a modder so I wouldn't know.