Prepacked HDT-SM - HDT Skinned Mesh Physics with Modding Guide

Is there a packaged, "drop and go" version yet?  the baidu website is a clusterfuck of confusion for me.  I have the  hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics.dll  but don't see the other files listed.

That's what the OP is about, Tells you what it contains and where to get it.

Yeah, i was thrown off by what appeared to be links in orange letters that weren't clickable, then assuming the tutorial page would be just that, a tutorial, didn't look like there would be anything else there.  Guess i'm just old and like things a bit more clear.  

Lost me there, don't see how a little coloured text is a link you cant click on, that means it's not a link at all.

I gave you the exact Folder and File contents of the Packeged Mod, using colour to make the files and folders clearly different.

Compare it to HydrogensaysHDT's Original and point out the extra additions.

Then again using Colour to make it stand out, tell you exactly what the packaged Mods File Name is.

As for your age that doesn't mean you can't understand words written in any colour. Even the Colour blind see colours, just not the correct ones.

I'm also an old bastard so that excuse don't wash. Anyway no harm done, you got it eventually.

I use colours because Bold letters don't show well on smaller devices, it makes it clearer. So I thought anyway.

Well at least you now know a link, isn't a link, if it doesn't actually link to something. Whatever colour it is.

someone please show us how the naked body behaves under SMP.

Behaves same or better, no infinity spikes, no havok objects, no spazzing bones/mesh, better preformance -- can use very aggressive bounce/jiggle.  All armor seems to inherit the parameters of the HDT-SM nude mesh physics, so only the nude mesh needs added NiString in nif. Played several hours in extreme combat, enslavement, ect. Only had one glitch where mesh went translucent during an SL_animation, but that may have been a free camera glitch or another mod bug. 

The trick is figuring out what the xml values do, and their limits and co-interaction -- how values will conflict with other values.  Your parameters will be best if they are tweaked to your mesh size. 

Thanks. Are you getting collisions, say, during that sexy idle animation where a female grabs her tits? 

Behaves same or better, no infinity spikes, no havok objects, no spazzing bones/mesh, better preformance -- can use very aggressive bounce/jiggle.  All armor seems to inherit the parameters of the HDT-SM nude mesh physics, so only the nude mesh needs added NiString in nif. Played several hours in extreme combat, enslavement, ect. Only had one glitch where mesh went translucent during an SL_animation, but that may have been a free camera glitch or another mod bug. 

The trick is figuring out what the xml values do, and their limits and co-interaction -- how values will conflict with other values.  Your parameters will be best if they are tweaked to your mesh size. 

You don't even need to add the String to the naked body you just need to add the nitrishape  name of the naked body to the default.xml.

Lost me there, don't see how a little coloured text is a link you cant click on, that means it's not a link at all.

I gave you the exact Folder and File contents of the Packeged Mod, using colour to make the files and folders clearly different.

Compare it to HydrogensaysHDT's Original and point out the extra additions.

Then again using Colour to make it stand out, tell you exactly what the packaged Mods File Name is.

As for your age that doesn't mean you can't understand words written in any colour. Even the Colour blind see colours, just not the correct ones.

I'm also an old bastard so that excuse don't wash. Anyway no harm done, you got it eventually.

I use colours because Bold letters don't show well on smaller devices, it makes it clearer. So I thought anyway.

Well at least you now know a link, isn't a link, if it doesn't actually link to something. Whatever colour it is.

My point was, that i thought you had links up that were broken (that does happen around here), so i just strolled on over to the baidu site to get them myself only to find they weren't available there.  I do appreciate the use of color however, wish more posters would use it like that.

You don't even need to add the String to the naked body you just need to add the nitrishape  name of the naked body to the default.xml.

Sweet. Defacto compatico -- body-slide ready. And just adding nif info to xml from SoS+CoS makes it collision compatible for all the various parts.

My point was, that i thought you had links up that were broken (that does happen around here), so i just strolled on over to the baidu site to get them myself only to find they weren't available there.  I do appreciate the use of color however, wish more posters would use it like that.

There was and is a link at the bottom of the post, though.

The Tutorial is right here on LoversLab but doesn't actually indicate all the added content, which is why I'm making this post.

HDT Skinned Mesh Physics Tutorial by ApoKrytia

Might be enough info to get you started, whether just using or mod making.

No lasting harm done you got it in the end. For future reference if I post a link, it will be the Standard Link colour LoversLab always uses, that's the one thing I never change the colour of. Though I usually make them Bold as well.

Elaborate please?  I made a body mesh in Bodyslide, opened it with nifskope and.... don't know what i'm looking at.  I see a NiTriShape "tree", but not sure what i need from that exactly.  Sorry for being dense, but modding is very difficult for me to understand, yet i'm tired of mooching other peoples' work and not being able to do anything on my own.  Just that everything i try to mess with ends up broken, even following tutorials as closely as i can.

You should have physics already if you are using a body that is supported in the defaultBBPs.xml -- no need to do anything. Supported nude mesh and armors from BodySlide should work out of the box. Which seems to reason if you don't have a supported body you can just add it the in skse/plugins/hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs/defaultBBPs.xml then create an xml file to represent it.  The body xml for CBBE HDT mesh is: cbbe-tbbp.xml. You'll add all your collision stuff to the xml your body is using, (or to BaseShape003.xml, haven't tried yet) as describe in recent tutorial on HDT_SMP hair. 

I was mistaken earlier, about needing to add the NiString to nif, not needed for the body. Though you may need to add the NiString to other collision objects such as hair, genital etc. 

Okay, so in order to avoid any confusion on my part let me go through this once. All I have to do in order to get this fancy bounce to work is remove the hdt-pe files, add hdt-smp resources and make sure I have NiTriShape - BaseShape when checking the body meshes in NifSkope?

How does this work with the Trepleen-Daie vagina though?

Edit: Also, how far along is this with its development? Is it completely stable? Should I expect updates on a weekly bases that I ought to keep up with?

Edit 2: Okay, not as easy as that. Did it this way and while the bounce was there, every character had a sort of a glowing blue/pinkish skin, both face and body. I guess I'll have to start reading everyone's posts after all to figure out what I missed :D

Edited by svenchen

Skin texture issue seem to come from hdtSkyrimMemPatch.dll.

[Optimize]
FasterLoading = true

Change this parameter in the ini file to false seem to fix it, however animation sequence become hiccup and game seem to be unstable.

This parameter seem to do something with texture

[04/01/15 20:21:51]INFO: Hooked D3DX9_42.dll D3DXCreateTextureFromFileInMemory
[04/01/15 20:21:51]INFO: Hooked D3DX9_43.dll D3DXCreateTextureFromFileInMemoryEx

If each body shape needs to have its own xml, what about armor/clothing?

I think it's linked to meshes only, the part that gets weight painted in normal BBP/TBBP etc.

The texture shouldn't matter at all, if they use the same weighted mesh, it will work for all texture variants.

Anybody know why I immediately crash?

I'm running an absolutely minimal load order.  (Also didn't work with a full load order)

I tried:

different versions of the skinnedmesh dll

disabling ENB

xpmse 2.44 and 2.5

experimenting with hdtskyrimmempatch.ini settings

different tbbp/hdt meshes (all on the list)

lots of google searches

Here's the mempatch log:

hdtSkyrimMemPatch
[04/03/15 18:01:40]INFO: Memory Hooked
[04/03/15 18:01:40]INFO: Queue OK
[04/03/15 18:01:40]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Fatal error occured
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Code : 0xc000001d
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Flag : 0x00000000
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Module : C:\Program Files (x86)\TSEV Skyrim LE\data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics.dll
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Address : 0x083549f4
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Module Address : 0x08330000
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Call Stack (Skyrim ignored the frame pointer register (ebp) so it may not correct) :
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x083549f4
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x08355245
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x08352ec6
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x083566b2
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x08369a09
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x08369e5c
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x08367298
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x08367090
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x0836696d
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x083e6933
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x08413c6f
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x0840d720
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x084152f4
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x08415a33
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x76c1338a
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x772f9f72
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x772f9f45
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Minidump saved in hdtSkyrimMemPatch.dmp
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Plugin is trying to save game
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Game saved
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Fatal error occured
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Code : 0xc0000005
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Flag : 0x00000000
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Module : C:\Program Files (x86)\TSEV Skyrim LE\TESV.exe
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Address : 0x00a59015
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Module Address : 0x00000000
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: AccessViolation, try to read 0x0000001b failed
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Call Stack (Skyrim ignored the frame pointer register (ebp) so it may not correct) :
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: : 0x00a59015
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Minidump saved in hdtSkyrimMemPatch.dmp
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Plugin is trying to save game
[04/03/15 18:03:28]ERROR: Game saved

I'm getting the glowing textures thing too. Using MO. I deactivated all HDT then activated my SkinnedMeshPhysics "mod", which is basically the file structure shown in the OP.

I can actually see the physics working but the textures are borked. Textures for naked body or body with a LOT of skin showing. If fully clothed, they seem to look ok, but it's hard to tell for sure. The physics movement is working on clothed NPCs.

Using CBBE HDT body so I had assumed this would sorta work out of the box, but it's obvious I need to make an adjustment somewhere. 

Any assistance appreciated.

**EDIT**

And I have a feeling this is going to be a dumb question, but should I be using a BBP rigged skeleton?

I looked at the xml files and they appear to be referencing BBP bones.... if my memory is working (and it may NOT be, 'cause it's OLD memory...)

** EDIT again **

I copied my profile to another one for testing.

Used BodySlide to create a new female body using CBBE TBBP body in BodySlide and my preset from the CBBE HDT body that I like.

I also deactivated Fair Skin textures. So using the "stock" CBBE texture. Whatever comes with CBBE body by default.

AND... I'm using a BBP rigged XPMSE 2.41 skeleton.

The glowing textures went away. 

Now to start adding things back in and see what apparently causes the textures to go bad...

** EDIT #3 **

Well... THAT was easy.... Activated Fair Skin textures and the glowing texture issue came back.

So.... some TEXTURES don't like SMP? 

I don't understand enough about the inter-relationship between meshes and textures to even begin to understand that.

Now to go back to my previous profile with CBBE HDT body and just turn off Fair Skin texture and see if everything works.

** EDIT #4 **

Tired of me yet?

OK so back in a profile with 2.41 skeleton (not BBP rigged)

Fair Skin textures active

I had to turn off the fast loading in hdtSkyrimMemPatch.ini

Once I turned that off, the Fair Skin textures showed up correctly.

I'm using xpmse 2.5 -- default rig HDT. 

When I de-activate enb I get purple textures -- may be the built-in memory management enb adds, for big textures like 'Fair Skin' (had same issue without enb)

If you are getting T-Pose for male actors (if you've enable collision mesh for male) just pre-load game into empty cell (saved-game like coc Studio4) with only female actor -- this seems to be a memory issue as well. (I do this anyway to avoid CTD when starting Skyrim -- running 600/250 mods/esp)

since this is a modding guide...

Anyone care to do a quick step-by-step on how to add simple collision? 

I have the basic SMP working, but now I'd like to see hand-breast collision. I'm guessing that if this is mesh based, it should work pretty nicely, but I'm looking at the xml files and trying to figure it out on my own and.... I don't want to break everything... hehehe

since this is a modding guide...

Anyone care to do a quick step-by-step on how to add simple collision? 

I have the basic SMP working, but now I'd like to see hand-breast collision. I'm guessing that if this is mesh based, it should work pretty nicely, but I'm looking at the xml files and trying to figure it out on my own and.... I don't want to break everything... hehehe

I agree, I am having a headache getting collisions to work as well. I have neither separate hands or even arms colliding with breasts at the moment.

Strangely enough I can have the HDT-PE Marierose hair working very well with an HDT-SM body pretty much without any real effort on my own behalf.

Turns out HDT-PE and HDT-SM can cohabit very comfortably.