HDT Skinned Mesh Physics Tutorial

View File

Declaration

This tutorial is only for one who is familiar with 3dsMax. It's even better if you made HDT-PE outfits/hair/jewelries before. I'm still learning SMP, so I'll let my friends reply any questions for now. If you have any problem, anitman and 01023 can help you.

Description

Based on bullet 2.82, HDT-SMP is the successor of HDT-PE. The plugin here is the latest one with BBP xmls for various body types.

This tutorial includes a Chinese voice video, a demo hair nif and xml, a 3dsMax script, a basic skeleton, and a XML editing tutorial.

Because of the lack of subtitle, it's recommended that you are familiar with 3dsMax. Creating bones and weights painting are the same as HDT-PE, but there is no need to build rigid body. You only need to create bones by using the script, then paint the weights. And then, edit the xml file by yourself.

The Necrosarium Set is for you to see what SMP can do.

Video link: https://mega.nz/#!uRUjSZoK!NiaX6ULoqEb5NCT8xITvUtxLoRnxCZwFGDXC8xsimdY

This is the correct export settings, the one in video is wrong:

post-70847-QQ%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20150322201037.jpg

Requirement

3dsMax

SKSE

Warning: HDT-SMP is not compatible with HDT-PE.
Actually, they're compatible as long as you are not doing breast physic with both at the same time. Even if you do the cause would be only visual. But it's recommended that all PE modder use SMP instead.

Special Thanks

HydrogensaysHDT for making SMP plugins
Tianya (01023) for the video and tutorial
-_-b for video editing
nsf2004 for recording chatting messages
Shocky for Necrosarium Set

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/25/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE
  • Special Edition Compatible

It works alongside each other as long as you are not doing breast physics with both at the same time. Even if you do the cause would be only visual.

But still don't do the same thing with both.

Oh, yeah, thanks for the heads up. I tested before, but thinking that PE is bugged, we should not use PE anymore. :P  Maybe I should give more information about using with PE.

This tutorial is for creating mod with spm or to install the hdt to body?

The tutorial is obviously for creating SMP mod. The core SMP files make body has physics.

This tutorial is for creating mod with spm or to install the hdt to body?

The tutorial is obviously for creating SMP mod. The core SMP files make body has physics.

I can't play to Skyrim for now because of my computer, but I project to buy another one, so I checked what's new in mods ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Kalistar may be having a similar problem to myself.

Setting FasterLoading=false in the hdtmempatch.ini lets me load the menu and start a game, but once the actual smp hdt is invoked it crashes.

I've tracked it down to a ntdll.dll memory access issue (c0000005 (Access violation)), but have gotten no farther. 

Raw stack contents: Memory access error at 'StackLimit) @@(((ntdll!_NT_TIB *)@$teb)->StackBase)'

That ring any bells for someone?

Edit: It may be connected to nvidia drivers.  Has anyone gotten this working with an nvidia card and if so which drivers are you using?

I have working with a NVIDIA 970 -- latest drivers. Only time I noticed a performance drop was from bad tweaks to xml. Otherwise it performs really well. SMP definite improvement over PE. Though, I still have lots to learn about xml parameters and variables.

Kalistar may be having a similar problem to myself.

Setting FasterLoading=false in the hdtmempatch.ini lets me load the menu and start a game, but once the actual smp hdt is invoked it crashes.

I've tracked it down to a ntdll.dll memory access issue (c0000005 (Access violation)), but have gotten no farther. 

Raw stack contents: Memory access error at 'StackLimit) @@(((ntdll!_NT_TIB *)@$teb)->StackBase)'

That ring any bells for someone?

Edit: It may be connected to nvidia drivers.  Has anyone gotten this working with an nvidia card and if so which drivers are you using?

Hey Slappy, I did a test on an alternate computer and found that it is my current Skyrim installation giving issues. I tried it with a barely modded installation on my laptop and it worked. This may or may not be the case but I am going to uninstall and reinstall my skyrim.

Well I tried re installing Skyrim with no success, still crashes at menu.... this does not make sense. It works on a messed up installation of Skyrim on my mac book where textures and stuff are all broken and not showing. But not this, not a clean installation with skse and skeletons and bodies that are required.

Does the game itself have to be absolutely installed on the main partition where windows is installed? On C:.... because I have it installed on an alternate partition that is on my hard drive that was specifically for steam.

Well I tried re installing Skyrim with no success, still crashes at menu.... this does not make sense. It works on a messed up installation of Skyrim on my mac book where textures and stuff are all broken and not showing. But not this, not a clean installation with skse and skeletons and bodies that are required.

Does the game itself have to be absolutely installed on the main partition where windows is installed? On C:.... because I have it installed on an alternate partition that is on my hard drive that was specifically for steam.

No, i have Windows on C and Steam on D, my install isn't exactly the most stable or clean and yet i have both PE and SMP playing nicely with eachother. Crashing at the menu usually means you have a mod active but not its masters, if it was a body issue it shouldn't be crashing until you load a save (personal experience).

Double-check your mod order, make sure you have all the masters needed for any and all mods you have on. Do you have the realistic ragdolls mod that's kind of a requisite for the skeleton (as i understand it)?

If that's not the culprit, are you absolutely sure you're using both the proper latest XPMSE (and not using the legacy BBP version included in the download), and a body that supports HDT (if in doubt, backup your current body meshes, go into Bodyslide and make something using CBBE HDT specifically), and you have all the requisite .xml's, and you've run FNIS for good measure?

Usually in apps like Mod Organizer, you will get a notification that Masters are missing for a certain mod (you will see a dingy stop sign next to the mods name in your load) and will bold out what the names of the missing mods are.

Not sure if the default Bethesda or Nexus Manager gives/notifies these dependencies, but maybe that could be an option?

Okay so, I have discovered that my PC is to blame for it not working. I copied my entire Skyrim installation to my external hard drive and placed it on my laptop and the HDT physics work like a charm. I really wish I knew what was preventing it from working on my PC....

However, I did run into one snag.... When SMP is installed on my laptop, it turns my characters pink. Why is that?

.. I've had a few textures issues when I disable ENB memory management and SMP is installed. Pink or Purple, it may only be when using a high resolution skin texture without ENB MM. There is also memory management for SMP, may be a cross-over issue.

So, I have tried everything...... Absolutely everything..... HDT-SMP refuses to work on my Desktop PC. It will work on my laptop, but with that stupid pink texture problem.

Here is a list of absolutely everything that I have tried.

I tried a fresh install of Skyrim with only the DLC SMP and files required.... Crashes at Main menu.

Same setup, except I deleted the memory patch that comes with the SMP.... I can load a save or start a new one, but it crashes before anything even loads.

Placed the BETA of SKSE in my folder with its scripts for that memory boost..... Still crashes at main menu or when loading a save with and without the HDT memory patch included with SMP.

Memory boost INI settings in my skyrim.ini.... Just guess what happened, I shouldn't have to say it by now.

Deactivated my core release for my processor.

Rolled back my GPU drivers and tested with the old and reinstalled the more up to date drivers and did the same.

Rolled back my DirectX and reinstalled it thinking that the files may be corrupt.

Updated my Java.

Did a windows update.

Cleaned/repaired my registry.

Performed a disk cleanup.

Scanned for viruses.

I could go on forever.... Nothing that I tried worked and it is with the same result every time.

I am just completely baffled that it works on a laptop of all things and not the computer that was built for gaming.

So my final question is this. Since physics on a computer are basically generated through processing power. Does this require a newer processor or something, or was this designed to just piss me off. Not just me, I am sure that there are several other people that are having this issue too.

This message is not meant to offend, or hurt any ones reputation. (and by that I mean, it's not meant to say that SMP is complete garbage. Because clearly it's not. Probably the best physics system that could ever exist for Skyrim)

Just to merely express the irritation that is coming to light, and to try and figure out exactly wtf is going on.