[REQ] Dark Souls II - Faraam Armor Set -

@hashigicc9 while you wait, here's something to satisfy you for a while:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9enrfe43m9rte82/Dark+souls+2+Armor+pack.7z

No, it does not have the faraam armor. No, I didn't made it. I just stumble upon it by chance in Google search.

The armors are scatered throughout Skyrim. You need to mostly find and kill some npcs to get the armors.

@hashigicc9 while you wait, here's something to satisfy you for a while:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9enrfe43m9rte82/Dark+souls+2+Armor+pack.7z

No, it does not have the faraam armor. No, I didn't made it. I just stumble upon it by chance in Google search.

The armors are scatered throughout Skyrim. You need to mostly find and kill some npcs to get the armors.

Wow, man! Thanks for that!! How you doing btw? 

Just one mesh for both atm, might do one with a slightly roomier chest and wider hips for the female if I feel like it. Pretty sure DaS2 uses one mesh for both male and female for this though too, the armor would compress the breasts anyways and vanilla skyrim females aren't exactly stacked.

BRUH. I fuckin' love you. Please, PLEASE go through with the HDT robe bits! Too many mods just add HDT to breasts and butts (even though it's plate armor... Is your ass and tits made of fuckin antimatter?)! Good luck to you, man! :)

Not fine at all. Damn college assignments... lol

^I understand, it must be tough. But hey, suck it up, you can do it, it will pass over time and you will triumph.

Just one mesh for both atm, might do one with a slightly roomier chest and wider hips for the female if I feel like it. Pretty sure DaS2 uses one mesh for both male and female for this though too, the armor would compress the breasts anyways and vanilla skyrim females aren't exactly stacked.

BRUH. I fuckin' love you. Please, PLEASE go through with the HDT robe bits! Too many mods just add HDT to breasts and butts (even though it's plate armor... Is your ass and tits made of fuckin antimatter?)! Good luck to you, man! :)

^Personally if we can just get the real Faraam Armor set that looks exactly like the one from the DSII game, it would be awesome in anyways. I guess we all are indebted to this guy and thankful, for he is working on that project, HDTs are way too much, but if he is up for it and wants to put them on the mod, then i definitely won't have a problem with that. In fact, i think i want to support him on this task, i just feel very awful that he bears this weight alone. 

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this has already been done but I didn't see anything and wanted to do it myself as I love DS2 myself so I went ahead and converted it for male only. If you'd like to download, here is the link http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/378-r0r0n0-conversions-new/

R0R0N0, my man, you're kidding, right? XD lol OMG! I'm gonna test it out. Well, as you can see the project of Trusty is not here, so I guess smth happened to him, or he just can't find time to do it, or he simply doesn't want to. Many reasons, it's like he is vanished, but thanks man! I'm going to test it out and tell you what I think, but knowing about your awesome skills, it is gonna be awesome. 

Well, guys, it's the real deal. What I saw so far is when you first equip the armor, it's a greyish without meshes armor model. Don't worry though, make a save with the character wearing the whole set and just quit to main menu and then load again your game, the armor should be 100% showing and working. Credits to R0R0N0 for doing this and for finally giving us something awesome from the Dark Souls II game. Awesome work by an awesome modder, don't forget to say a "thank you" to him and be always good! 

R0R0N0, I'll be honest, I never expected anyone to be so willingful as you to do that, after XiNAVRO stopped with that project from what happened, I was starting to lose hope in the modding industry, but you came to prove me wrong, giving us all that long lost hope again. Thank you, for doing that. 

Thanks for testing it out man, it was a rough port if I'm being completely honest.

Everyone has a life to attend to so I wouldn't be surprised if they just can't find the time, I barely made it with this one.

Thanks for testing it out man, it was a rough port if I'm being completely honest.

Everyone has a life to attend to so I wouldn't be surprised if they just can't find the time, I barely made it with this one.

Yes, that is quite true. Though, you proved for one more time, that you are one of the truest and greatest modders in the modding community, this is a big achievement and i'm very glad you finished this project. It is truly awesome. 

R0R0N0, are you planing on improving this armor more further in the future?

Like, giving the metal parts some shiny metallic effects like XiNAVRO's version.

sJp9Ljh.jpg

And fixing this.

WSZceoT.jpg

And this too. (ignore the clipping)

XkA6oTi.jpg

Maybe toning down the bulkiness a bit. (Too bulky in my opinion)

Female version maaayyyyybeee...?

BWUXVGI.jpg

R0R0N0, are you planing on improving this armor more further in the future?

Like, giving the metal parts some shiny metallic effects like XiNAVRO's version.

sJp9Ljh.jpg

And fixing this.

WSZceoT.jpg

And this too. (ignore the clipping)

XkA6oTi.jpg

Maybe toning down the bulkiness a bit. (Too bulky in my opinion)

Female version maaayyyyybeee...?

BWUXVGI.jpg

Damn, XiNAVRO really puts me to shame. My mind is currently set on some other things, but I'll try to revisit it soon. 

R0R0N0, Don't push yourself man, it's true, XiNAVRO's skills are almost unmatched, but you're not bad at all. You did what you did and that was awesome! From my point of view? If I may speak free my mind...I think the armor is very bulky, especially on the waist area, but then again, that's a heavy armor. But if you really in to going back and fixing/retexture some things, I sincerely hope you check it out too. 

Overall, as I already mentioned before, you are very good, you are perfect actually. Thank you again for doing this wild dream in to a solid reality. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I've been playing around with the materials. I used the 4k textures from the DS2 Nexus User EvilDeadAsh34 (http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/554/?) and tried to get more detail in there.

Here are some screens I took of it http://steamcommunity.com/id/generalbollocks/screenshots/?appid=72850

I haven't done any refitting yet but I sorted out the part of the mesh with the wrong material assigned to it.

Okay so I've been playing around with the materials. I used the 4k textures from the DS2 Nexus User EvilDeadAsh34 (http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/554/?) and tried to get more detail in there.

Here are some screens I took of it http://steamcommunity.com/id/generalbollocks/screenshots/?appid=72850

I'm using his retexture too for dks2 and your port. It's so good that even the 2k version is a massive improvements over the original. Yeah, He's that good.

The specular effects is a small steps, but you're on the right track on giving this cool armor the quality it deserves.

You'll definitely planing on removing the specular effect inside the helm right? Also, is there any environment maps? If not, are you planning on giving it some environment maps?

I'm using his retexture too for dks2 and your port. It's so good that even the 2k version is a massive improvements over the original. Yeah, He's that good.

The specular effects is a small steps, but you're on the right track on giving this cool armor the quality it deserves.

You'll definitely planing on removing the specular effect inside the helm right? Also, is there any environment maps? If not, are you planning on giving it some environment maps?

Yeah I'm thinking I'll just separate the part inside the helmet and remove the spec from it.

The original files I downloaded here included the environment mask map for each part of the armor, I just don't know which cubemap to use with it, I've never really made use of a cubemap before. If I perhaps test out the cubemaps within skyrim and see how they look, I may just understand it more, I'll be aiming for XiNAVRO's version you posted previously

sJp9Ljh.jpg

Yeah I'm thinking I'll just separate the part inside the helmet and remove the spec from it.

The original files I downloaded here included the environment mask map for each part of the armor, I just don't know which cubemap to use with it, I've never really made use of a cubemap before. If I perhaps test out the cubemaps within skyrim and see how they look, I may just understand it more, I'll be aiming for XiNAVRO's version you posted previously

sJp9Ljh.jpg

If you're aiming for xinavro-quality armor, that means you're going to seperate some parts that aren't meant to have metallic effects like leather and clothing and give them different amounts of specular effects than the metal parts? I'm pretty sure that needs lots of dedications.

You're doing god's work, dude.

Yeah, XiNAVRO's work is hardcore, but if you really think you can do it, I believe in you, R0R0N0, I really do, and not only me, everyone else here is believing in you. You gave us hope again, and that's something we won't just pass it by. Thank you so much for putting effort and on making this project even more awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've already fixed it. I just need to refit the armor and do the weightslider support. I'm currently covering for a colleague's holiday at work so I don't get much time to myself or I can't seem to summon the same determination when I didn't have the extra responsibilities I have now.

Oh and the problem with the back is a material I've assigned incorrectly :/

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen this stuff floating around on nexus, XiNAVRO doesn't seem like the kind of person to ever finish anything. He still hasn't released that daedric armor yet.

^Actually, XiNAVRO was* the guy who always finishes every kind of work he is interested to. It's just that he gave up after someone stole all of his work and presented it on Steam Workshop as of his own work. Well, he is not modding anymore, and even if he is, he won't share anything else here with us, never again. But it's okay, there are still some true and talented people like R0R0N0, at least be thankful for that. 

Archived