I have no idea how big the changes for each step is. That will be up to A.J. as she's the one who made the morphs.

That is right, this mod is as simple as it gets, each bone scale is independent of each other and has nothing to do with maintaining proportions, another mod will have to be written to deal with that or just put reasonable values in each bone to somehow keep proportions. This mod simply randomizes values based on the input range.

Hey, some like it out of proportion, like you're able to get Jessica Rabbit proportions.

Asdasfa,

From what I can gather, the change variation is .7 to 1.3 in .05 increments. I will have to do some screen captures and see if I can figure out the scalar values. I don't think they use a linear one. I'll let you know what I find.

Fssntuff

if I know the percentage change for a single increment for each element (bone) , I should be able to extrapolate the values

It depends by how much you want to round these values. Extrapolating correct values could result almost impossible.

As asdasfa already said, the quantity of morphes depends by how the body was weighted. A morph that scales at 90% on a body could result like another one that scales at 85% on a different body type, it's all in how it was weighted.

If your goal is maintaining proportions, in my opinion your best deal would be forgetting about math and simply jump in game, morph, and write down some "templates", something like Arms 3 - chest 5- spine 4 etc.etc.etc. then script a mod that applies these templates only and randomizes them among the npcs.

if I know the percentage change for a single increment for each element (bone) , I should be able to extrapolate the values

It depends by how much you want to round these values. Extrapolating correct values could result almost impossible.

As asdasfa already said, the quantity of morphes depends by how the body was weighted. A morph that scales at 90% on a body could result like another one that scales at 85% on a different body type, it's all in how it was weighted.

If your goal is maintaining proportions, in my opinion your best deal would be forgetting about math and simply jump in game, morph, and write down some "templates", something like Arms 3 - chest 5- spine 4 etc.etc.etc. then script a mod that applies these templates only and randomizes them among the npcs.

A.J.,

*nods* I am doing both, crunching some numbers, and also testing to see how it appears in game. the biggest issue is not actually being able to run FNVEdit to build custom races. I might have to change my installation, the microsoft "net" files do not play well with

linux.

I will see what happens in my investigations and pass on any results that are worth noting to you folks.

Thanks for your input and help.

Fssntuff

• 2 weeks later...

Does it always say that? Where are you testing it? That means you're not in the same cell as the NPCs you're trying to morph.

It looks like you're in an exterior cell, you tend to change cells often in exteriors, it's either you or the NPCs moved in different cells while the scanner is processing them.

Have you tried inside buildings?

Have you tried enabling "Same Cell Scan" and try staying near the NPCs?

What are your frequency and smooth settings?

Does it always say that? Where are you testing it? That means you're not in the same cell as the NPCs you're trying to morph.

It looks like you're in an exterior cell, you tend to change cells often in exteriors, it's either you or the NPC moved in different cells while the scanner is processing them.

Have you tried inside buildings?

Have you tried enabling "Same Cell Scan" and try staying near the NPCs?

What are your frequency and smooth settings?

I've tried everything you mentioned but same text over and over and nothing happens

Here is sunny smiles example

post-8443-0-22336900-1438628886_thumb.jpg

How is that possible? Works for me...  :huh:

bHuFuI2.png

Anyway, try the new one.

Updated 080415

Removed GetInGrid check from the scanner.
Now uses a dummy armor for the AddItem bug workaround instead of leather armor that should prevent removal of NPCs' leather armor when resetted.
  • 5 weeks later...

Updated 090915

Merged both Female and Male settings into one MCM menu.
Now creates a settings ini in the Data/Config directory for editing slider limits to easily accommodate future changes to the core mod without updating.
Removed Parts settings.
  • 2 months later...

Any idea why did this happen? Every other mods through MCM are opening just fine... But when I click on racebodymorph.

If you need futher information just ask (modlist...I don't think it is necessary though and it's probably something stupid I did)

post-558287-0-93279300-1449628459_thumb.png

Geez... no idea. Can you try disabling some of your MCM mods just to see if still does that? Too many MCM mods perhaps? Not sure though. How many of your mods uses MCM? Does it always do that?

Also, maybe try putting it higher than the other MCM mods in your load order.

By the way, a new version of BodyMorph is in the works, along with a new version of RaceBodyMorph that's more robust than this one.

Due to release maybe in a few days or in a week, probably, depending on whether we bump into some bugs or whatnot. We're mostly in the testing and bug-fixing stage right now.

Geez... no idea. Can you try disabling some of your MCM mods just to see if still does that? Too many MCM mods perhaps? Not sure though. How many of your mods uses MCM? Does it always do that?

By the way, a new version of BodyMorph is in the works, along with a new version of RaceBodyMorph that's more robust than this one.

Due to release maybe in a few days or in a week, probably, depending on whether we bump into some bugs or whatnot. We're mostly in the testing and bug-fixing stage right now.

Thanks for the information. I've tried to put it higher and it worked thanks. I guess the last loaded mod in MCM is getting a little trouble to show the sub-menu.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. I've tried to put it higher and it worked thanks. I guess the last loaded mod in MCM is getting a little trouble to show the sub-menu.

Yeah best bet is to place a mod that comes with a MCM that you know you won't need to alter lower in your load order.  Think WMX is usually low in peoples load order anyway and the options it has is less then 5 and not really used so place stuff like that lower in your load order as long as LOOT allows it.

This will work as long as the scalable bones skeleton is in the _male folder? The skeleton embedded in the nif doesn't have to be with scalable bones?

There's only one skeleton.nif in _male folder. Make sure it's the one included in BoMo. It's probably the most up to date skeleton anyway.