After trying this mod with your luxury collection's heels I realized how important the footstep sound is.

Then I found that all vanilla boots dont make sound in my game, I never ever noticed it earlier, is it normal?

I always thought the vanilla sound sucks, and have been using Footsteps Sound Overhaul for a long time which except for a few surfaces sounds very good. It's not on the nexus anymore so I've attached the esp. 

While checking for the mod on nexus (and finding it's not there) I found Immersive Sounds - Footsteps. It may well be better, I'll be checking it out later.

I use this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54387/?

The compilation from the same creator. It works pretty well with AOS.

I always thought the vanilla sound sucks, and have been using Footsteps Sound Overhaul for a long time which except for a few surfaces sounds very good. It's not on the nexus anymore so I've attached the esp. 

While checking for the mod on nexus (and finding it's not there) I found Immersive Sounds - Footsteps. It may well be better, I'll be checking it out later.

Firstly I thought it could be that:

Q: Why can't I always hear my footsteps in third person view?

A: Are you using custom animation mods? Chances are some of them don't have sound triggers assigned to them, so that can only be fixed by editing the animations.

and DragonFly's running animation not having sound triggers, but then I tried Immersive Sounds - Footsteps and its working fine. Is vanilla footstep sound really that bad?

Btw, what movement animations are you guys using with these footstep mods?

I use FNIS Sexy Moves.

The vanilla sound lacks varieties on different surfaces. It's a good reason for me to use a footstep mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Um, is the required master hdtHighHeels.esm really necessary? After looking around your file I couldn't find any reason for that dependancy. There will be an update for RaceMenu soon that makes the HDT HighHeels System obsolete, so because your esm doesn't actually use any assets from the HDT system I don't think your esm needs to depend on it.

LG, Toastbre4d

Um, is the required master hdtHighHeels.esm really necessary? After looking around your file I couldn't find any reason for that dependancy. There will be an update for RaceMenu soon that makes the HDT HighHeels System obsolete, so because your esm doesn't actually use any assets from the HDT system I don't think your esm needs to depend on it.

LG, Toastbre4d

What....I didn't follow it. I will check RM page soon.

This mod wasn't made by myself, so I can't assure you anything, but I think you may be right because this mod doesn't use any HHS effect at all.

• 1 month later...

We need more compatibility patches for this mod or even SkyProc patcher to assign "Footstep Sound" by keyword or something.

I am using 3 Skyproc patchers now, and I am pretty sure that it's impossible to make a adequate patcher for this mod because the patcher can't really tell if the boots are high heels or not (unless you add custom keyword).

Don't mention that the footstep set change is too trivial to make a patcher. Handpicking the shoes and adding the footstep is easy enough for any user.

I am pretty sure that it's impossible to make a adequate patcher for this mod because the patcher can't really tell if the boots are high heels or not (unless you add custom keyword).

Theoretically it could search them by HDT enchantments. It would be harder with new RM heels, not sure if its possible to read NiStringData in .NIF files? Otherwise it could search for both.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

does this work with npc as well? or does it only effect the player?

I play male characters but would like to hear the effect from my female companions if possible

Yes , the mod normally also works on followers, because the sounds are assigned to some kind of shoes no matter who is wearing them. I for myself love Bob's boots, so my standalone followers and also Aela and some of immersive wenches have to walk high heeled with sound.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason it doesnt work with this animation

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34713/?

Any1 knows why? 

Are you talking about the spinning idle animation?

Cause that one your character is not actually walking....Its an idle.

Hehe... No... Im actually talking about the walking animation.. I dont use that iddle..... I noticed that some walking animations cant be detected by the Heels Sound mod for some reason... Like this walking animation from dragonfly and a couple of animations from FNIS Sexy moves by fore ... I was wondering why

Can u try it by yourself please? .... Just replace the files that say mt_walkxxxxx.hkx  Cuz the heels sound works for me for most walking animations....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi dunno if anyone gonna reply but here goes.

I am a certified noob regarding using TES5Edit, and I want too use this heels sound on all my HH, but I can't figure out how too do it.

I open T5 latest version click select noone then tick off heelsound and my armour mod, then find sound step and have too copy but which copy there are 3.

It just that I have spend more or less 2 days cleaning my com after a major break down in skyrim so don't wanna start messing anything since well kinda an idiot using T5 :P

For some reason it doesnt work with this animation

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34713/?

Any1 knows why? 

Are you talking about the spinning idle animation?

Cause that one your character is not actually walking....Its an idle.

Hehe... No... Im actually talking about the walking animation.. I dont use that iddle..... I noticed that some walking animations cant be detected by the Heels Sound mod for some reason... Like this walking animation from dragonfly and a couple of animations from FNIS Sexy moves by fore ... I was wondering why

Can u try it by yourself please? .... Just replace the files that say mt_walkxxxxx.hkx  Cuz the heels sound works for me for most walking animations....

I don't know if you're still looking for this I actually fixed it sometime last year you can see my post in the comments on the nexus :P

I'll post it here if anyone is looking for this in the future too 

Step fix.rar

I don't know if you're still looking for this I actually fixed it sometime last year you can see my post in the comments on the nexus :P

Thank you, I will give it a try tomorrow and tell you how it worked out :)

It works perfectly... TY! Btw can u tell us what was wrong with the original animation and why it didnt work?

It works perfectly... TY! Btw can u tell us what was wrong with the original animation and why it didnt work?

Np glad I could help. As for what was wrong.. basically, it was just a missing line of code. I converted it to a readable format, copied the code from a working animation then adjusted the timing of the sound to match the animation.

Hi dunno if anyone gonna reply but here goes.

I am a certified noob regarding using TES5Edit, and I want too use this heels sound on all my HH, but I can't figure out how too do it.

I open T5 latest version click select noone then tick off heelsound and my armour mod, then find sound step and have too copy but which copy there are 3.

It just that I have spend more or less 2 days cleaning my com after a major break down in skyrim so don't wanna start messing anything since well kinda an idiot using T5 :P

right click on FormID then Change FormID > popup window with number > copy that ctrl+c

then go to armor you want to modifie > armor addon > then find boots (something like xxxxxXXXXXxxxBootsAA

in right window scroll down to SNDD - footstep sound > right click the fight part and press edit ( yes I am sure if it pops)

put in the FormID ctrl+v and ok (should look like this AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet [FSTS:02004527] )

close TES5edit

shoud be simple enough

^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...