1) Pick up an empty gem (eg. from ground)

2) Press the 'fill the soul gem' option

3) The gem gets plugged, wait 5 seconds

4) The gem gets automatically unequipped, removed from your inventory and thrown at your feet

5) Pick up the gem. It is now a filled soul gem.

everytime i choose the option to fill soul gem, after it fills it drops to the ground but FALLS THROUGH the ground. So I can't actually get the filled gem.

For example if i fill one up on 2nd floor in Breezehome, it will drop to 1st floor. If i fill one up on 1st floor, it just drops through the ground and out of the map..... -__-

And this only happens with less and petty gems but not common gems... anyone know why?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

IDEAS...

1. CHARGING... Charging soul gems take from 6 hours for a petty soul gem, to 6 days for a Black soul gem. An excuse to be permanently filled...

2. LIGHT... Turn a soul gem around so it faces outwards, to slowly discharge it and create light for between 6 hours for a petty soul gem, and 24 hours for a Black gem. ( Gem is destroyed afterwards ). Very handy for dark dungeon mods...

3. POISON... Insert a water bottle up there for 24 hours to brew a poison potion, 10 damage per second for 10 seconds...

4. FEEDING... Inserted vegetables are slowly consumed over a 30 minute period, giving +10% health regeneration boost... The Dovahkiin has a weird arse...

5. SKOOMA... Inserted skooma will gradually feed you skooma, over the period of 6 hours. Then be consumed, leaving an empty bottle. +10% stamina whilst being consumed...

Just some ideas... :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Mod funny, but in this form is unsuitable. For myself, I rewrote it a few - now the plugs just made in the forge or in a pot and have a special enchantment. Also used all types of plugs. If there is interest and the author will not mind, I can lay out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I can't seem to make this mod work. I try to pick a broom (with the "E" key), it just goes to my inventory. There's no option menu whatsoever. It's as if the mod isn't even there. I also tried "help plug" and player.additem to add some items to my inventory, then dropped them on the ground and picked them again, and they just go to the inventory.

What is even more puzzling is that even after disabling every other mod on my Skyrim installation it stays in the same way, and this is a relatively simple mod... I also tested it with only XPMSE and SkyUI.

Just to be sure I wasn't doing a stupid mistake I tried to pick the items while crouching and with weapons unsheathed, but it wasn't that, ofc. The console and the Papyrus log won't show anything. Would anyone have any kind of general advice that would help me investigate this further?

3 hours ago, Grom424 said:

Well, I can't seem to make this mod work. I try to pick a broom (with the "E" key), it just goes to my inventory. There's no option menu whatsoever. It's as if the mod isn't even there. I also tried "help plug" and player.additem to add some items to my inventory, then dropped them on the ground and picked them again, and they just go to the inventory.

What is even more puzzling is that even after disabling every other mod on my Skyrim installation it stays in the same way, and this is a relatively simple mod... I also tested it with only XPMSE and SkyUI.

Just to be sure I wasn't doing a stupid mistake I tried to pick the items while crouching and with weapons unsheathed, but it wasn't that, ofc. The console and the Papyrus log won't show anything. Would anyone have any kind of general advice that would help me investigate this further?

Thats because only some of the plugs are pick-able from the standard items. Broom is not one of them:

You'll get a prompt to use it as plug / pick it up normally for these items:

• carrot
  • horker tusk
  • ladlle
  • mead bottle
  • flute
  • skooma
  • torch
  • bucket
  • soulgems (petty, lesser, common)

Oh. When I used 'help plug' I got a list of items including "anal plug soulgem", which I spawned with player.additem. I suppose these "anal plug" objects are not supposed to be used by the player?

I can't test it right now but I'm guessing that your answer would resolve everything. Thanks for the help!

Btw, I can't help but ask if there's any plan to add more of the "useful" items (like the torch and the soulgem), since there are so many possibilities. Also, as general feedback, I believe 5 seconds is too short a time for charging those soulgems, but then it could just be me :).

The dialogue where you choose whether to pick up/plug in the item is working only for the actual vanilla items - those you find lying around in default.

I am afraid I will not udpate this anymore since it is quite time demanding and I don't have as much freetime as I had few years ago.

Also for the filling of the soulgem - it was more a test  than actual inteded functionality. Much better mods were created after this one that cover the same functionality - such as Soulgem Oven.

On 12/1/2017 at 4:59 AM, pchs said:

The dialogue where you choose whether to pick up/plug in the item is working only for the actual vanilla items - those you find lying around in default.

I am afraid I will not udpate this anymore since it is quite time demanding and I don't have as much freetime as I had few years ago.

Also for the filling of the soulgem - it was more a test  than actual inteded functionality. Much better mods were created after this one that cover the same functionality - such as Soulgem Oven.

Well that's a bummer but thanks for all that effort you put forth in this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/26/2018 at 12:50 PM, WaxenFigure said:

Is it incompatible?  If so, how?

Everlight has standalone torches that have special effects. Immersive plugs don't recognize them as being torches. More so I'm interested in being able to get the full effect of the  Everlight torches while not having to hold it in a hand.

18 hours ago, Sterben4 said:

Everlight has standalone torches that have special effects. Immersive plugs don't recognize them as being torches. More so I'm interested in being able to get the full effect of the  Everlight torches while not having to hold it in a hand.

How this mod makes a torch into an "asslight" is to remove the actual torch when you "insert it" and replaces it with it's own torch that is "inserted".  To make it compatible with the Everlight mod you would have to create and add "inserted" torch models for each torch in Everlight and then modify the scripts in this mod to swap the non-inserted torches with the inserted ones just as this mod does for every inserted object.