Skyrim Modding Guide

I'm not seeing dirt on RealVision, I'm seeing shadows.

Try doing the SKSE setting I mention on the first page, install SKSE latest stable, and put in the SKSE.ini settings, specifically you want iTintResolution=2048, with that I think you'll see a change.

ok ran into a problem with a follower mod, the author made them crazy overpowered and was wondering what steps to take if any to fix their god like power.   I love to try new mods out, but this would fall under comments above about authors who do not support the mods or respond to comments.   But figured I also do not mind learning new things so figured I would ask :)

here is the mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59970/?

again might not even be worth messing with, but if the mod could be fixed maybe can send it to the author as a patch or ask permission to post the changes.   All things I have never done before so might be fun to learn.

I'm kinda busy right now stress-testing Realvision but here's what you can do; open the mod in TES5Edit, find the character, scroll down to ACBS Configuration, right click and select edit on the top and make sure the following is checkmarked (this is using Mjoll as an example); Female, Essential, Auto-Calc Stats, Unique, PC Level Mult. Now go to Level Mult and set it to 1 (Lydia, llevels with you) or 1.25 (Mjoll, slightly more powerful) or 0.75. Min level should be set from 1-6 probably, max level set to 0 so she doesn't have a max level. Scroll down to Player Skills and change them, if you set her to 6 min level then you probably should have no skills higher than 35, and most 15. Health, Magicka Stamina for a warrior is good 150, 50, 50, that's what NPCs like Lydia uses, set magicka to 0 to disable magic use, set a thief to 100, 100, 0 for example. With those changes you should see the character a lot less overpowered, at this point it depends entirely on their gear and spells, and that becomes a bit more complicated to remove, and probably not something the author is interested in.

I did not like Realvision in that it requires 20 something mods to make it work like intended, would rather keep it simple and rely on TRHD to take care of most of the looks.  Have also used the optimized textures as suggested earlier in the week.   FPS is nice and stable.

Technically RV only requires Climates of Tamriel and ELFX or RLO, all the others are optional, as of now I'm not using any of the mods on that list other than FIre FX HD, Realistic Smoke and Embers and Realistic Water Two, and, rest is covered by either TRHD or thigns I've found elsewhere and I got great graphics and near constant 45+ FPS.

I don't know of any such incompatibilities, truth is there's relatively few dialogues that actually call on your sex in the game, not even marriages. The wet dog thing will happen on curing lycantrophy regardless even now. I think you can fix it by becoming a vampire lord in Dawnguard however.

I'm reasonably certain that Devious checks your body type when applying it rather than whatever sex you started out as, same with other sexlab things. I'm certain because one of my characters is a Futa character (girl with a penis + vagina) and I've used Sexlab Cumshot to define her as transgender to make all sexlab animations and things like shooting cum treat her as both male and female without any issues, except from Sex Slaves which refuses to see her as anything but female.

Thanks, this does put me at ease and also makes me think that there may be mods out there that do what i'm trying to accomplish, just need to search harder. 

i used SKSE beta earlier didn't notice issues. Anyway added the skse.ini no change.

Now, my screenshots ealier didn't show much idd. I called it "dirtier" as i don't know the proper scientific term. It is like it would gain age with the complexed areas having too much red? Again only in shadows

@Tamriel Reloaded ENB - it had good first impression on me

post-723110-0-04816200-1427032059_thumb.jpg

It is caused by error and game being too bright. It doesn't work with ELFX even if author mentions it in recommended - interriors and at night characters and objects get red/blue/yellow aura , turning of bloom removes it but i don't think using ENB like that makes sense. It is also way too dark.

(Did try RLO just now , also got those auras)

post-723110-0-03744100-1427031484_thumb.jpg

post-723110-0-29209100-1427031487_thumb.jpg

post-723110-0-63240900-1427031489_thumb.jpg

Okay seems like the reason Ewi's Inis have been unavailable for a while is that she quit the Nexus and deleted all her uploads, policy issue I'm guessing, which will be familair to many LL members. So what I'm going to do is for now upload the Inis I have on the first page with the Ini instructions, then you can use those. I've sent a message to SkyrimTuner who's a friend of her that if he gets in contact with her to let her know I'm doing so and to let me know if I should take them down. But for now it looks like they'll be hosted here instead of Nexus.

EDIT: Turns out EWi is a guy and SkyrimTuner already have permissions to upload his files, you can find them on Realvision ENB's page under Optional files. I've taken mine down as such.

:o Well whatever it is i fixed it by reducing day - color saturation and a bit contrast in enbeffect.

Now regarding the texture optimization - do i need to do all the magical steps from here ? spliting textures with bat files etc?  I just used these settings selected bsa and go. I am however worried about the suggested settings ( 1:1 loseless and 8192x8192)  :s Black magics

EDIT : white at it can MO override loose files in skyrim/data directory ? i Would keep the extracted files from bsa in skyrim dir and apply mod ones in MO. Loose files take priority over BSA and BSA overwrite each other based on esm that call them (or so i belive) No idea.

Loose files in your Data directory is the first thing that gets overwritten. That's how mods work at all, by overwriting your base game, and for MO your entire Data folder is your base game and ready to be overwritten.

You shouldn't keep the BSAs in your Data folder because MO will auto-enable them I'm afraid. Move them to another directory.

What I've done is that I have four new mods, "Skyrim Optimized Textures", "Skyrim Optimized Dawnguard" "Skyrim Optimized Dragonborn" and "Skyrim Optimized Hearthfires" that I've added to Mod Organizer and set to load after the ESPs but before the Unoffficial patches.  Together they replace everything in the Data folder except for the BSAs I told you not to extract.

As for how I optimized them... errr, I didn't. UglyKidCId gave me his, which work very well, so never had to learn how to do it, so I can't really help you there I'm afraid. I just know that after I installed the optimized textures and in the right order, my FPS jumped up quite a bit. UKC's currently having some issues with his internet, I'll ask him how he did his when those resolve.

What I've done is that I have four new mods, "Skyrim Optimized Textures", "Skyrim Optimized Dawnguard" "Skyrim Optimized Dragonborn" and "Skyrim Optimized Hearthfires" that I've added to Mod Organizer and set to load after the ESPs but before the Unoffficial patches.  Together they replace everything in the Data folder except for the BSAs I told you not to extract.

Did you mean to say ESM's? All of the "unofficial patches" are actually ESM's with the file extension ESP, otherwise they wouldn't load immediately after the DLC's

:/ Their guide kinda treats HDDLC and vanila textures in one go while i'm using optimalised DLC from nexus.

I did run it with the settings they gave got some logs for files being processed so i guess whatever to be done was done. And hopefully whatever got messed will get replaced by following mods ;p .

@Nycrophilia - not sure myself but i just placed them after the unmanaged -dawnguard/hearthfires/dragonborn in left MO window.

Did you mean to say ESM's? All of the "unofficial patches" are actually ESM's with the file extension ESP, otherwise they wouldn't load immediately after the DLC's

Sorry, getting late for me! I meant of course after the ESM's, so it's loaded like this

0 - Skyrim Optimized Textures

1 - Unofficial Skyrim Patch

2 - Unmanaged - Dawnguard

3 - Skyrim Optimized DLC Dawnguard

4 - Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

etc.

That way the unofficial patches get to overwrite where they are supposed to, as USKP overwrites base that Dawnguard.bsa then normally overwrites that Unofficial Dawnguard Patch then corrects, etc. Place it in any other order and you get potential errors.

As long as you don't have Windows XP (which is no longer supported) you should definetly update Mod Organzier to the latest version by downloading it manually and installing it over your old install(s). The new 1.3.X version is hugely updated, with new conflict resolution tools, easy way to keep count of what's inside a mod, and much faster initializing of your load order.

How to you update MO ? just dl new version and drop it over ? i got 1.3.2 and there is 1.3.3 while it says on the top-right icon - MO is up to date :s

Ok some assorted notes/questions from my moding progress :

-MO: Copying profile resets all plugins on source profile - they need ot be checked again

-Notice/Suggestion : New Racemenu requires 1.7.2 SKSE (some other mods too) You still suggest 1.7.1.

-Proper way to make Skyrim Borderless window ? i use onetweak , not sure if it is proper way

Grass:

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15

iMinGrassSize=75

iGrassCellRadius=2

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=1

bDrawShaderGrass=1 <- got issue here

bGrassPointLighting=1

b30GrassVS=1 <- what is it ? You have it on 1 while Ewi/RV got it set to 0

Now for bDrawShaderGrass that you mention it eats FPS, if i set it to 0 like you said:

post-723110-0-18760100-1427227346_thumb.jpgpost-723110-0-18924000-1427227350_thumb.jpg

Same thing happens without verdant just the grass is different looking.

Finally performance, everything eats FPS :s, Verdant 5fps ,ugrids7 another 5, JK is a killer here i think it drops up to 10 fps when looking towards Riverwood from outskirts. I'm lookig at 36-42 fps in coc whiterun area and droping to 28 in whiterun looking downhill :s RV from full to medium can give 5fps maybe.

I use 2k textures for stuff.

You can uninstall verdant/ JK skyrim at any time right ?

loadorder for now

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_NL2.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp
Tamriel Reloaded HD.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
SkyFalls Dragonborn Small waterfalls.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
CinematicFireFX.esp
SDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Light.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp
Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
JKs Skyrim.esp

You're asking a bit complicated questiosn I actually need to think about to get an answer, so I'm going to have to get back to you when I've slept. Been awake over two days now, so cognitive functions aren't at their best.

Yep, just download new version and drop it over, but don't bother if you have 3.2, upgrade from 2.8 however as that's what the update button stopped on normally.

Copying a profile should not reset the plugins, that's somethign wrong, you may need to update if that's the case.

I hadn't seen that the RaceMenu requires the new SKSE, thanks, I'll update my own then change the suggestion.

Borderless window, as full screen windowed? I don't know actually, I used it for Fallout but not for Skyrim, I don't think it's necessary. I tried OneTweak but it caused all sorts of problems and I was advised not to use it, some SKSE incompatibilities perhaps, though it may be updated since.

I got all my grass suggestions from a combination of EWi and the instructions on Tamriel Reloaded and Verdant, I mostly copied over, I'm not too familiar with exaclty what each does I'm afraid. You're going to have to play around with it yourself.

You can uninstall non-scripted mods just fine, but JK's might be an issue because NPCs may be used ot walking around things in your game, so may continue their old paths. If you uninstall, go to an empty interior and wait 30 days (set timescale to 500000) then their routines should reset. New version of MO tells you if there's a script in the mod by the symbols.

You can gain some FPS if you haven't optimized your textures yet. I used all optimized textures, unpacked BSAs, and 1k textures from mods and I have no issues with framerate with my old computer.

expired on the RaceMenu requiring the SKSE beta version, and explaining what the Beta actually is;

A beta means feature complete, but possible it contains known, or unknown bugs. We put Beta simply for the "unknown" portions because there aren't enough of us to have code reviews and QA/Testing. As stated in the previous post, we don't upload new binaries for the same version unless something went catastrophically wrong (i.e. a new function clearly crashes upon use early in release), we just label the previous binary as stable and upload the next Beta. In most cases the newest "Beta" will have more bugfixes than the previous "Stable" version. RaceMenu often requires the newest version for the bugfixes rather than new features.

RaceMenu requires 1.7.2 for the new array allocation via Papyrus, which allows for RaceMenu plugins to exceed the 128 item-per-script limit. You are free to use 1.7.1 if you prefer, but I don't put version requirements for no reason, and I obviously wouldn't even update the requirement if I felt the SKSE version were unstable. Infact I probably would have uploaded a new version of SKSE to fix that instability.

As such I'm updating my guide to recommend SKSE 1.7.2, I've used it now for some days without any issues at all. Let me know if your game self destructs causing a nuclear armageddon on using it, or any lesser problems.

Ok, been having a very weird effect for quite some time and finally just going to ask if anyone has ever heard of this issue.

when I enter a room, I get kind of a soft sounding explosion, kind of a like something combusting real fast.   With this effect random things around the room bang.   It sounds like a pan being thrown around a closed box.   Seems to almost always happen in inns, or where there is constant number of people.   It sounded to me like some kind of cloak effect around the pc that is making havok physics go nuts, but I cant find anything that would cause this effect.   Rarely, I also get the breasts of npc stretched off to some point in the distance, though this usually only happens right after zoning to an outside area and goes away within a minute or two.   For awhile I though it was SOS for females, and or SOS in general, its constantly checking everything around you when you change zones, but have never seen anything like this in the forums about it....

Any ideas?   Or a forum to go asking in?   

Thanks

The breast effects is HDT physics, you'll also occasionally see the tits (and possibly stomach and butt, depending on what is HDT enabled) go crazy like if posessed, that's HDT going a bit crazy with counting up all the things nearby it can havoc against and not deciding if it should, it'll settle down in a while. The bang you hear may be exactly that as well, havoc physics going crazy for a little bit, though that's something I've never run into. MInd posting your list of active plugins as well as SKSE plugins?

Ok, been having a very weird effect for quite some time and finally just going to ask if anyone has ever heard of this issue.

when I enter a room, I get kind of a soft sounding explosion, kind of a like something combusting real fast.   With this effect random things around the room bang.   It sounds like a pan being thrown around a closed box.   Seems to almost always happen in inns, or where there is constant number of people.   It sounded to me like some kind of cloak effect around the pc that is making havok physics go nuts, but I cant find anything that would cause this effect.   Rarely, I also get the breasts of npc stretched off to some point in the distance, though this usually only happens right after zoning to an outside area and goes away within a minute or two.   For awhile I though it was SOS for females, and or SOS in general, its constantly checking everything around you when you change zones, but have never seen anything like this in the forums about it....

Any ideas?   Or a forum to go asking in?   

Thanks

I had this problem with vsync turned off, check that.

Yep, vsynch might be the issue, if you get too high a framerate the physics engine goes crazy. Actually all the engines go crazy, even Papyrus speeds up, you'll see everyone moving faster and attacking faster, time speeding up, horses and mammoths flying through the skies, cats and dogs sleepign together, nazis riding dinosaurs (okay maybe not the latter two), and so on. Vsynch is in general a very good idea with SKyrim.

ok made the following changes

skyrimprefs.ini

[display]

iPresentInterval=1

Enblocal.ini

EnableFPSLimit=true

I was running 240 fps inside Mia's Castle and 120+ inside a lot of the inns

still get the soft explosion sometimes on zoning, but no clanging anymore.

Hope I did that correctly :)

Yeah that should work, but best place to enable vsynch is acutually on your graphics card, like nVidia dashboard, that works best and applies to all games. If you set that up disable vsynch anywhere else. Generally I set my vsynch to 45, you're not going to really notice anything above that.

hmm does anyone know which mod has excuseme pretty lady can i have a moment please along  those line and then are you interested to show gent good time ?.my graphic card is ati radeon 4800 hd so yeah not runnin any enb:s here.i have left vsync off also and made sure that all that isnt nesessary are off or low others are medium. my skyrim is running decently smooth sometimes it does black screen and closes but that is something that happens everyone now and then . couple times middle of battle can be bit frustraded especially if you are winning against tought opponent XD .