Skyrim Modding Guide

Okay, here's a functional invisible Helmets mod. This is SkyJub's invisble helmets for Skyrim, Dawnguard, Dragonborn and Immersive Armors. Note that you do not need the original unless you need to use any of it's other optional plguins work. What I've done with this is that the original mod was made for Immersive Armors 6, this is for Immersive Armors 8, meaning no SPIKE.esm dependency and a few more helmets and hoods added. I have also customized this a little bit, because I made it for my game; the slot that the helmet now takes up has been changed from the unnamed slot 59 I believe the original mod had it at to taking the Circlet slot, this was becuase the previously chosen slot interfered with various other mods like Bags and Pouches as well as piercings and devious devices, while a circlet of course only interfers with other circlets. However I also updated it all with Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade changes as well as Weapons and Armor Attributes changes, which made the latter mod (and by proxy also the former) a dependency (but you should totally have those mods anyway). Load this after those mods. Note that I also went in and selectively removed a few helmets that will still be visible in the game, mainly player-only stuff like dragonbone and daedric helmets, things that won't show up in NPCs inventories, if you want those to be invisible on yourself use Helmet Toggle. If you want to add those to be invisible all the time (mainly for NPCs), open the mod in TES5Edit and this plugin, find the helmet you want to be made invisible then left click it and select "copy as override into.." and select the invisible helmets plugin, now change the "First Person data" list from whatever is listed to Circlet only. If there are helmets in this that you want to see on the other hand, just find that helmet in this mod and delete it from the invisible helmets mod, the normal verison will show up again ingame, it's that simple. Note that this is Wrye Bash compatible, if you run Wrye Bash the entire mod will be merged into your Bashed Patch meaning it won't actually take any plugin spots at all.

https://mega.nz/#!8NYnDbzA!I8fPO3_5h71HrFnYyBHSGAbpZkvzoX3qqwvEAi1XJK4

Hi there!  I was told to consult you on my MODDED SKYRIM EXPERIENCE.

Long, long story short, I tried using a mod that isn't Papyrus-intensive at any point beyond a single cutscene.  It was at this cutscene that my game had a grand ol' time sticking.  And refusing to progress.  I was told that it is because the mods that I love and adore are choking my game and refusing to let them breathe.  Then I got sent here with the words "seek Sacremas' advice".  SO HERE I AM.  Read the first page (to the best of my understanding ability) and it was a little hard to follow...but I did my best.

The papyrus log I was getting will be included with this message, but I'm also attaching my current load order to see if you can parse what may be going on.  Note that I adore literally every single one of these mods with my heart and would be very upset to let any of them go.

= Check Mods
This is a report on your currently active/merged mods.

=== Mergeable
Following mods are active, but could be merged into the bashed patch.
* lighterdragonitems.esp

=== Active Mod Files:
* 00  Skyrim.esm
* 01  Update.esm
* 02  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.1]
* 03  Dawnguard.esm
* 04  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.1]
* 05  HearthFires.esm
* 06  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 2.0.4]
* 07  Dragonborn.esm
* 08  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.1]
* 09  Falskaar.esm
* 0A  ApachiiHair.esm
* 0B  SexLab.esm  [Version 1.61]
* 0C  ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
* 0D  ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
* 0E  BeeingFemale.esm  [Version 2.6]
* 0F  RaceCompatibility.esm
* 10  Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
* 11  SexLabAroused.esm  [Version 2.6]
* 12  ZaZAnimationPack.esm
* 13  Skykids.esm
* 14  SK Drow Child Race.esm
* 15  SK Monli Race.esm
* 16  lightingredients.esp
* 17  barenziahquestmarkers.esp
* 18  BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp
* 19  Skykids-Falskaar.esp
* 1A  crimsonquestmarkers.esp
* 1B  lockpickvision.esp
* 1C  CookingExpanded.esp  [Version 1.2b.]
* 1D  CookingExpanded - Hearthfire.esp
* 1E  CookingExpanded - Dragonborn.esp
* 1F  dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
* 20  RaceMenu.esp
* 21  RaceMenuPlugin.esp
* 22  RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp
* 23  RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
* 24  lighterdragonitems.esp
* 25  dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
* 26  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
* 27  hdplants+herbs.esp
* 28  HearthfireMultiKid.esp
* 29  HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
* 2A  Size does matter.esp
* 2B  KS Hairdo's.esp
* 2C  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
* 2D  ETaC - Complete.esp
* 2E  ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
* 2F  Helgen Reborn.esp  [Version 105.3]
* 30  RealisticWaterTwo.esp
* 31  skyrim unbound.esp
* 32  SK-ETaC.esp
* 33  SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
* 34  SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
* 35  SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
* 36  SOS - Hormones UNP Addon.esp
* 37  SOSRaceMenu.esp
* 38  WetandCold.esp
* 39  WetandCold - Ashes.esp
* 3A  WetandCold - Holidays.esp
* 3B  hunting in skyrim.esp
* 3C  khajiit-mara.esp
* 3D  SexLabDefeat.esp
* 3E  SexLab Romance.esp
* 3F  RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
* 40  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 2.0.6]
* 41  Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
* 42  SOS - Shop.esp
* 43  SexLab_Hormones.esp
* 44  iNeed.esp
* 45  herbaltea.esp
* 46  item recycling.esp
* 47  FNIS.esp
* 48  FNISspells.esp
* 49  SkyUI.esp
* 4A  SK Drow Taldyn.esp
* 4B  SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.esp
* 4C  SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp
* 4D  SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.esp
* 4E  SK Playable Kids Alt Male Body.esp

I am also running ENB, but I don't think that affects Papyrus?  I don't know.  D:  This load order is LOOT-sorted, too, so um.  Yes.

Papyrus.0.log

Long, long story short, I tried using a mod that isn't Papyrus-intensive at any point beyond a single cutscene.  It was at this cutscene that my game had a grand ol' time sticking.  And refusing to progress.  I was told that it is because the mods that I love and adore are choking my game and refusing to let them breathe.  Then I got sent here with the words "seek Sacremas' advice".  SO HERE I AM.  Read the first page (to the best of my understanding ability) and it was a little hard to follow...but I did my best.

The papyrus log I was getting will be included with this message, but I'm also attaching my current load order to see if you can parse what may be going on.  Note that I adore literally every single one of these mods with my heart and would be very upset to let any of them go.

= Check Mods

=== Mergeable

* lighterdragonitems.esp

=== Active Mod Files:

* 00  Skyrim.esm

* 01  Update.esm

* 03  Dawnguard.esm

* 05  HearthFires.esm

* 07  Dragonborn.esm

* 09  Falskaar.esm

* 0A  ApachiiHair.esm

* 13  Skykids.esm

* 15  SK Monli Race.esm

* 1B  lockpickvision.esp

* 20  RaceMenu.esp

* 21  RaceMenuPlugin.esp

* 27  hdplants+herbs.esp

* 2B  KS Hairdo's.esp

* 31  skyrim unbound.esp

* 32  SK-ETaC.esp

* 37  SOSRaceMenu.esp

* 38  WetandCold.esp

* 3C  khajiit-mara.esp

* 3D  SexLabDefeat.esp

* 3E  SexLab Romance.esp

* 42  SOS - Shop.esp

* 44  iNeed.esp

* 45  herbaltea.esp

* 46  item recycling.esp

* 47  FNIS.esp

* 48  FNISspells.esp

* 49  SkyUI.esp

* 4A  SK Drow Taldyn.esp

I am also running ENB, but I don't think that affects Papyrus?  I don't know.  D:  This load order is LOOT-sorted, too, so um.  Yes.

Your log does not tell me very much unfortunately. You need to give me a log from a stressful situation, such as the scene in question that failed, so that I can tell from it what mods are actually clashing. There are no real error messages of any note in that log, and if that is the log from the scene failing, it's not script related. I don't really see any mod in that load order that could have such a heavy scripted scene that you mention however.

Regarding your load order, here are my advice, but note that if you follow them you must start a new game, level 1, new save all over. No real way around this, I don't think you have enough knowledge of your game to be able to properly clean leftover scripts, and uninstalling these mods will cause larger issues for your current savegame than keeping them will (once you load up a save with a mod installed, that mod is embedded in your save and can't really ever be taken out entirely, this is different than how previous Elder Scrolls as well as Fallout 3 and New Vegas worked due to the change to Papyrus scripting system). Also note that if you are running logs during normal play, to stop doing it; the act of logging actually causes more strain on your system than most of the mods you currently have installed, and this can cause scenes to fail by itself.

Unoffical patches; uninstall them, install USLEEP: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214/? Note that if this turns out to be the only thing on this list you need to do, leave them alone and change to USLEEP when you start a new game anyway, that has a lot more fixes by now. There are fairly easy methods available to change masters from USKP to USLEEP if you need to.

Sexlab Aroused: just to be sure, you do have Aroused Redux by Fishburger right, not the old Aroused? This one that is; http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1421-sexlab-aroused-redux-1-december-2015/

Wet & Cold + Ashes: These are really really script intensive, and they update a lot. This doesn't really matter for a light game, but any game with sexlab will have issues by itself becuase the scripts might conflict with the sex scenes starting up, add aroused to it as well and you are looking at a large chance for scenes to just outrigth fail. The combination of W&C + Aroused may be your whole issue.

Beeing Female + Hormones: again these update fairly often, if you want to use them play them in a light game, meaning no Wet & Cold. Even so they could potentially cause issues with the scene you are having problems with, but drop W&C and it might work.

SOS Full: This can potentially cause issues, but I think because you are also using UNP specific addons you probably can't switch to Light. I highly recommend you use either SOS Light (and adjust your own schlong via Racemenu addon for SOS via the XMPSE skeleton) if you play male characters, and use Favored Souls naked body when playing female characters. This is a really hard one to swallow for most, but SOS Full runs a constant cloak script that adds on schlongs to nearby NPCs, and this script and method can cause serious issues long term for your save, and cause problems with ongoing scenes as new actors that get added to scenes get their schlongs adjusted midways, and also can cause a save to grow over time and eventually be impossible to load. I highly recommend for that reaosn that unless you just really need SOS Full due to an addon or a mod requirement you use another male dick mod. If you are able to get rid of W&C and potentially change Aroused to Aroused Redux if you are not using it already, you may be able to keep it, just be aware of this.

= Check Mods

=== Mergeable

* lighterdragonitems.esp

=== Active Mod Files:

* 00  Skyrim.esm

* 01  Update.esm

* 03  Dawnguard.esm

* 05  HearthFires.esm

* 07  Dragonborn.esm

* 09  Falskaar.esm

* 0A  ApachiiHair.esm

* 13  Skykids.esm

* 15  SK Monli Race.esm

* 1B  lockpickvision.esp

* 20  RaceMenu.esp

* 21  RaceMenuPlugin.esp

* 27  hdplants+herbs.esp

* 2B  KS Hairdo's.esp

* 31  skyrim unbound.esp

* 32  SK-ETaC.esp

* 37  SOSRaceMenu.esp

* 38  WetandCold.esp

* 3C  khajiit-mara.esp

* 3D  SexLabDefeat.esp

* 3E  SexLab Romance.esp

* 42  SOS - Shop.esp

* 44  iNeed.esp

* 45  herbaltea.esp

* 46  item recycling.esp

* 47  FNIS.esp

* 48  FNISspells.esp

* 49  SkyUI.esp

* 4A  SK Drow Taldyn.esp

Your log does not tell me very much unfortunately. You need to give me a log from a stressful situation, such as the scene in question that failed, so that I can tell from it what mods are actually clashing. There are no real error messages of any note in that log, and if that is the log from the scene failing, it's not script related. I don't really see any mod in that load order that could have such a heavy scripted scene that you mention however.

Regarding your load order, here are my advice, but note that if you follow them you must start a new game, level 1, new save all over. No real way around this, I don't think you have enough knowledge of your game to be able to properly clean leftover scripts, and uninstalling these mods will cause larger issues for your current savegame than keeping them will (once you load up a save with a mod installed, that mod is embedded in your save and can't really ever be taken out entirely, this is different than how previous Elder Scrolls as well as Fallout 3 and New Vegas worked due to the change to Papyrus scripting system). Also note that if you are running logs during normal play, to stop doing it; the act of logging actually causes more strain on your system than most of the mods you currently have installed, and this can cause scenes to fail by itself.

Unoffical patches; uninstall them, install USLEEP: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214/? Note that if this turns out to be the only thing on this list you need to do, leave them alone and change to USLEEP when you start a new game anyway, that has a lot more fixes by now. There are fairly easy methods available to change masters from USKP to USLEEP if you need to.

Sexlab Aroused: just to be sure, you do have Aroused Redux by Fishburger right, not the old Aroused? This one that is; http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1421-sexlab-aroused-redux-1-december-2015/

Wet & Cold + Ashes: These are really really script intensive, and they update a lot. This doesn't really matter for a light game, but any game with sexlab will have issues by itself becuase the scripts might conflict with the sex scenes starting up, add aroused to it as well and you are looking at a large chance for scenes to just outrigth fail. The combination of W&C + Aroused may be your whole issue.

Beeing Female + Hormones: again these update fairly often, if you want to use them play them in a light game, meaning no Wet & Cold. Even so they could potentially cause issues with the scene you are having problems with, but drop W&C and it might work.

SOS Full: This can potentially cause issues, but I think because you are also using UNP specific addons you probably can't switch to Light. I highly recommend you use either SOS Light (and adjust your own schlong via Racemenu addon for SOS via the XMPSE skeleton) if you play male characters, and use Favored Souls naked body when playing female characters. This is a really hard one to swallow for most, but SOS Full runs a constant cloak script that adds on schlongs to nearby NPCs, and this script and method can cause serious issues long term for your save, and cause problems with ongoing scenes as new actors that get added to scenes get their schlongs adjusted midways, and also can cause a save to grow over time and eventually be impossible to load. I highly recommend for that reaosn that unless you just really need SOS Full due to an addon or a mod requirement you use another male dick mod. If you are able to get rid of W&C and potentially change Aroused to Aroused Redux if you are not using it already, you may be able to keep it, just be aware of this.

That is, indeed, the log from the problematic point in the mod!

I don't know how to change the requirement from USKP to USLEEP, but I guess I can try figuring it out on my own and hoping for the best!  I am indeed using Redux.  As much as I love Wet and Cold (A LLLLOOOOTTTTT), I can get rid of it if it's causing that much of a problem.  It makes sense that it's intensive, but... :(

I can't drop Beeing Female.  It's one of those mods where I can't make myself compromise because *gosh, I love it so much*.  And I do have mods that depend on SOS Full.  I play as a female, but I don't think I can switch out to the Light version of the mod because of the mods that rely on it.

ALL OF THIS SAID, I heard it said somewhere that you can use Mod Organizer to have different "profiles" that load up different sets of mods depending on which profile you choose to play.  So, theoretically, you could have a profile made for everyday play and a profile for a specific game/mod.  Do you have any idea if this is true?  If so, could I possibly have one profile that's got nothing but the mod in it and see if that works?

That is, indeed, the log from the problematic point in the mod!

I don't know how to change the requirement from USKP to USLEEP, but I guess I can try figuring it out on my own and hoping for the best!  I am indeed using Redux.  As much as I love Wet and Cold (A LLLLOOOOTTTTT), I can get rid of it if it's causing that much of a problem.  It makes sense that it's intensive, but... :(

I can't drop Beeing Female.  It's one of those mods where I can't make myself compromise because *gosh, I love it so much*.  And I do have mods that depend on SOS Full.  I play as a female, but I don't think I can switch out to the Light version of the mod because of the mods that rely on it.

ALL OF THIS SAID, I heard it said somewhere that you can use Mod Organizer to have different "profiles" that load up different sets of mods depending on which profile you choose to play.  So, theoretically, you could have a profile made for everyday play and a profile for a specific game/mod.  Do you have any idea if this is true?  If so, could I possibly have one profile that's got nothing but the mod in it and see if that works?

Correct, you can use profiles in Nexus Mod Manager as well recent versions, but it doesn't work nearly as well as with Mod Organizer. I'll explain how that works next paragraph, a bit technical;

Mod Organizer uses what is known as a "virtual Data folder", while other mod managers like NMM installs your mod directly to your game directory and specifically the data folder, Mod Organizer holds things in a "mods" folder separate from each other, so that files are not getting mixed together and you can easily take out one mod without worrying about what order you installed things in or what that mod overwrote when you installed it, because it did not overwrite anything at all. When you start the game up, the virtual data folder is made, with all of the mods on your selected mod list combining for that game (naturally leading to a slower start up by a few seconds, maybe as much as a minute if you have a lot of mods, but normal load times in-game once past the main menu), and when you quit the game the virtual folder is unloaded, and all your mods are put back into their normal folders, with your Skyrim install remaining virgin in the process, with little else than the SKSE stuff and the Bethesda stuff being in it.

Now while that is really great, it comes with one big condition; you kinda have to uninstall all your mods, delete your whole Skyrim install (it's tainted by now, too big of a chance of files getting left behind), and then reinstall/redownload Skyrim, and then import all your mods into Mod Organizer, and then play the game with that. Mod Organizer do have a method of importing mods from Nexus Mod Manager (and if you want I can link you a youtube tutorial video on how to do it easily), but your install will still be very much tainted and a lot of stuff could go really wrong if you continued playing with it without reinstalling the game.

Once you do have it active though, once you have selected what mods you are going to play as as well as activated "local save games" where the saves are not kept in the My Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Saves folder, but instead in a Mod Organizer/Profiles/NameOfYourProfile/Saves folder instead, and accessible from the manager to see if you are missing any files you had in that save. Once you have done that, you can go into "Manage Profiles", then select "Copy Profile" which will let you copy that profile including all of the saves in it to a new profile, let's say "Mod Testing Profile" for a generic name, now you switch to this profile, you install the mod you are uncertain of, or uinstall a mod if you want to see the effects on your save of uninstalling a mod. Once you've decided if the mod is for you or you should make the mod testing profile your official profile, just delete your old profile, rename the testing profile, and continue on, or go back to the old one and your old saves with no impact at all to your saves or game.

Can you tell me the name of the mod and the specific scene that was failing for you? I may be able to provide some more direct advice then, but if it's Being female I won't be able to, I have only barely used that mod (I can't even say with 100 % certainty if it's really script intensive, it should be becuase of what it's doing and all of the systems, but maybe the modder is really freaking clever). Don't worry if it's a crazy fetish thing, no judgement at all here. ;)

Oh, the mod being used is the Sex Slaves mod.  The specific scene is the "It's a Trap" scene.  A lot of people have commented saying that one scene has caused them problems and the only thing that the creator can suggest is to tell people to turn off script-intensive mods because that one scene is apparently super script-heavy.  The thing is, I went into that scene once with W&C turned off (the recommended mod to turn off) and many other intensive mods actually deleted and I still got the problems.

At this point, I don't know if it worth playing the mod at all if it means that I have to get rid of so many mods that I really love. :<

(Thank you so much for being so nice and polite, by the way!  There's been a notable lack of that when I've asked questions in these forums before...)

I used to have to use TCL and clip through that part, but that caused problems too. Don't know why they just delete that scene all together, i'm not going to run my Skyrim just for that mod's demands on how i should play Skyrim. So i just don't use it.

Oh, the mod being used is the Sex Slaves mod.  The specific scene is the "It's a Trap" scene.  A lot of people have commented saying that one scene has caused them problems and the only thing that the creator can suggest is to tell people to turn off script-intensive mods because that one scene is apparently super script-heavy.  The thing is, I went into that scene once with W&C turned off (the recommended mod to turn off) and many other intensive mods actually deleted and I still got the problems.

At this point, I don't know if it worth playing the mod at all if it means that I have to get rid of so many mods that I really love. :<

(Thank you so much for being so nice and polite, by the way!  There's been a notable lack of that when I've asked questions in these forums before...)

It's a pretty good mod, but yeah that scene is just way too sensitive. I'm afraid you'd probably have to go into that scene with Beeing Female and Hormones turned off, probbaly SOS full off and the mods that require it, do the scene, then turn them back on again. Unless you are really heavy into the whole slavery aspect (and the nonconsentual/forced aspect specifically, enslavement rather than submission) then to be quite honest I would say skip it. Try to run it some time with a game set up specifically for that mod, with just the absolute bare necessties, run through the mod or enough to see if you like it, then when you have finished it's storyline reinstall your mods, and don't use it's heavy scenes (other than the story scenes it's mainly the training stuff that can then be an issue).

NOte that because of what I said before, that scripted mods just can't be uninstalled from your save at all, when you previously turned those mods off they were likely still causing you problems. Removing them via a save game script scalpel program - which by itself can kill your game if you do not know what you are doing, they have killed my games in the past - is the only way to stop the mod from still having an impact on your performace, even after deleting it. Hence the only real way you can be sure it's not that's what is causing you problems is to try to do the same thing on a new game that never had said mod in your save.

However as I said before the Papyrus log you posted is not a problematic one, it looks fine. Whatever caused the scene to fall wasn't script related, or you would have had a stack dump in your papyrus, which you did not. You had a lot of garbage meaningless lines, but these are just things that many mods run through to establish that the mod is working at all, there's nothing inherently wrong with that, and it's not what is causing you problems now, regardless of what anyone is saying. The scene is failing for another reason.

Note that by using console commands to cheat, you can get up to the Captured! point within 15 minutes of play. Run Live Another Life, start as a patron of an inn in Riverwood, the courier meets you right away. Bring up console, type "tgm" for "toggle god mode" or invincibility, then "tcl" for "toggle clipping" which lets you run on air, then "player.setav speedmult 500" to be able to run 5 times as fast. Now run on the air to pick up the quest proper, do the hunter's thing (open up consoles, click on the bandits, type "kill" if hitting them with your level 1 stats takes too long). Now fly up to mia's castle, the dragon won't be there because you haven't doen the main quest through becoming Thane of Whiterun, go through the dungeon up until the scene with same method as above. If you need to be able to walk at normal pace again, another "tcl" and "player.setav speedmult 100" gets you grounded and back to normal speed again. If tcl fails to work to get you solid again, save, quit, reload, then do it, it's a bit finicky. You can use this method to just check if starting a new game without those intensive mods I mentioend will help at all. Or even use this to just run through the mod entirely, see if it's to your liking.

By the way, what sort of computer do you have? Specifical CPU, clock speed, RAM, graphics card and VRAM, and are you running an ENB or at least ENBoost? These things impacts what amount of scripts you are able to do at once. A good graphics card + ENBoost means you don't really have to worry about what sort of graphical mods you install, not having ENBoost or an ENB (all new ENBs come pre-packaged with ENBoost, just as long as you configure it) means if you have too high graphics settings your ability to execute scripts goes down dramatically. Having a poor processor barely able to run Skyrim might mean not being able to run these sort of scripted scenes ever, you need a decently good computer to be able to clear scripts fast enough.

By the way, what sort of computer do you have? Specifical CPU, clock speed, RAM, graphics card and VRAM, and are you running an ENB or at least ENBoost? These things impacts what amount of scripts you are able to do at once. A good graphics card + ENBoost means you don't really have to worry about what sort of graphical mods you install, not having ENBoost or an ENB (all new ENBs come pre-packaged with ENBoost, just as long as you configure it) means if you have too high graphics settings your ability to execute scripts goes down dramatically. Having a poor processor barely able to run Skyrim might mean not being able to run these sort of scripted scenes ever, you need a decently good computer to be able to clear scripts fast enough.

I don't know how to find almost ALL of those things, so I'll just send you my dxdiag in a PM, haha.

I AM, however, running an ENB, so all of my graphics settings are as low as can be.

I really am thinking of skipping the mod, though.  As someone said above you, I don't see why they wouldn't just get rid of the scene if it's causing so many people so many problems. 

Since you ARE so incredibly knowledgeable, though, I'm wondering if you can also answer this question.  Rather, if you can let me know if it ties into the problems that are being discussed here (script overload, mod leftovers hanging around, etc.): Whenever I die in the game, my game CTDs.  If I try to load from the "continue" option on the main menu, it's CTDs.  Even if it's a brand new save that hasn't had the mods muddled with at all, it'll do this.  Would this be caused by a script overload or is it indicative of another problem that would require a reinstall?

Yeah, what happens then is that when you die there are scripts going on. Let's get hypothetical here and as an example let's say you have 2 scripts going on (by the way you can never have more than 2 scripts going on at once, your best hope is to clear each of them as fast as possible), and when you save before a big fight they are at stage 3 let's say. Now you go into a battle with a dragon or whatnot, and you get killed, when you die the script is at stage 6. At this point the game does not unload the script from it's engine just because you have died, if you quit Skyrim, restart your computer load back up, and hit Continue, your script is going to still be at stage 6, but you are loading into a save where it was at stage 3, the game gets confused, and you crash. To fix this what you need to do is to load a save where the script wasn't active at all, or miraculously was active at the exact same stage or one similar enough in one particular save. Some very ignorant people say that your save is then corrupted, and because of this tell people to never use quicksaves or autosaves and only use save game managers. I say fuck those ignorant twats, because this is just how the game works.

To fix this situation, and be able to load your save again, load another character entirely, either from the main menu type "coc riverwood" this will put you outside Riverwood as the level 1 blond male nord that you get when character creation begins. As soon as he loads in, and you are in the game world, load the save you want to load. Now loading into a new character takes some time, so what I like to do is that I use the Live Another Life mod, then start a new game, get the exact same blond male nord except in a small interior cell that loads very fast and stable, then give him the name "Janitor" or if you are likely to create more of his kind later becuase you change load order, "Janitor 1" then "Janitor 2" if you have ever any issues with loading him, etc. Once he is loaded, Janitor will sweep up your scripts from your save, rendering it clean and virgin, and when you then load up your stage 3 script save, it will load without a hitch every time.

Help needed!

Don't know if I found the right topic for my request. Here's my problem:

Tried to create a playable custom race by following this tutorial: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59220/

First steps worked fine. Then I worked on the "script" part but I just could add the "GenericRaceController" script. Whenever I try to add my "XRaceController" script I receive that error message:

28406232032_ab3331c700_b.jpg

What's going wrong here?

I'm on vacation with my family for a week (until Sun 31st) and won't be able to reply very much to messages until then, and will only have my crap laptop and so can't check anything out ingame or the like.

Help needed!

Tried to create a playable custom race by following this tutorial: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59220/

First steps worked fine. Then I worked on the "script" part but I just could add the "GenericRaceController" script. Whenever I try to add my "XRaceController" script I receive that error message:

What's going wrong here?

Sorry I would have to guess. I have never looked hard into making custom races, but I am sure CPU could help you if he hasn't already.

I don't quite see why the wood elf race controller script should not work for you though, since that's a vanilla script. I do know that the CK is supposed to be one finicky bitch and can easily decide it doesn't want to cooperate, you may have to save your work and start over again frequently.

Question: In Skyrim what ranges do armors Health set in a healthbox go up to for most balanced mods 0-100, 0-1000, 0-10,000?
I assume "GetItemHealthPerc" is based on that figure as max health?

Not too sure, I haven't looked closely into that, but I think 0-100. However I am pretty sure that this is only a Fallout thing that was left in the engine after transitioning into CK (there are a number of other things like VATS that still exist in Skyrim's engine with no purpose, and shouts exist in Fallout 4's engine), and armor health doesn't actually do much at all. However it could be that this relates directly to how hard smithing improvements are to make. I would set it to 0-100 and ignore it for now, and change it if either the armor becomes very easy to temper, or worth millions once you temper it.

Actually what I would just do is to open in  the CK or Edit (can't do it now due to the mentioned vacation + laptop thing) and look up Iron Armor cuirass, and Daedric Armor cuirass, and compare the health of those, and the same for other parts of the armor you wonder about. That is what I do usually in these cases.

I'm on vacation with my family for a week (until Sun 31st) and won't be able to reply very much to messages until then, and will only have my crap laptop and so can't check anything out ingame or the like.

Help needed!

What's going wrong here?

Sorry I would have to guess. I have never looked hard into making custom races, but I am sure CPU could help you if he hasn't already.

I don't quite see why the wood elf race controller script should not work for you though, since that's a vanilla script. I do know that the CK is supposed to be one finicky bitch and can easily decide it doesn't want to cooperate, you may have to save your work and start over again frequently.

Question: In Skyrim what ranges do armors Health set in a healthbox go up to for most balanced mods 0-100, 0-1000, 0-10,000?

Not too sure, I haven't looked closely into that, but I think 0-100. However I am pretty sure that this is only a Fallout thing that was left in the engine after transitioning into CK (there are a number of other things like VATS that still exist in Skyrim's engine with no purpose, and shouts exist in Fallout 4's engine), and armor health doesn't actually do much at all. However it could be that this relates directly to how hard smithing improvements are to make. I would set it to 0-100 and ignore it for now, and change it if either the armor becomes very easy to temper, or worth millions once you temper it.

Actually what I would just do is to open in  the CK or Edit (can't do it now due to the mentioned vacation + laptop thing) and look up Iron Armor cuirass, and Daedric Armor cuirass, and compare the health of those, and the same for other parts of the armor you wonder about. That is what I do usually in these cases.

Thank you very much for the reply. Created several custom races -for my followers. They never were playable as main char. Liked to change that now. But cann't go on as to that step...

Waiting till you're back from vacation now. 

Have a beautiful holiday with your family!

Problem is I am looking at Fallout4 CK, and it doesn't seem to be used. I was wondering if it was used in Skryrim but its sounds like that answer to that is no :)

Help needed!

What's going wrong here?

In case this has not been answered:

This is telling you that the extends script Quest does not exist.  You do not have CK installed correctly with the source code.  You need to install the base source code as well.  You should have a ...\data\Scripts and ...\data\Scripts\Source directories and Quest.psc should be in the source directory.

To get the source, In steam, you go to tools, creation kit, validate tool files and that should load all the psc files.

Help needed!

What's going wrong here?

In case this has not been answered:

This is telling you that the extends script Quest does not exist.  You do not have CK installed correctly with the source code.  You need to install the base source code as well.  You should have a ...\data\Scripts and ...\data\Scripts\Source directories and Quest.psc should be in the source directory.

To get the source, In steam, you go to tools, creation kit, validate tool files and that should load all the psc files.

Thank you very much for the reply! That information was really helpful!

Will "repair" my CK now...

Hello, after som search on google, i haven't found an answers to my question (but it's maybe because of my english).

I plan to make a little follower mod.
I would like to know, if it's possible to change the name of a npc (who will become later a follower too) after a quest or an event.

Exemple:

You come to whiterun and a mysterious woman come to talk you and ask to help her to find something or someone. When you talk to her you see as her name "Mysterious woman".
You accept and so start the quest. After the quest, the mysterious woman will tell you her name (Exemple Elorya). So when the quest is finish and that she reveal her name it's change from "Mysterious woman" to "Elorya".

Thank you for you help.

Hello, after som search on google, i haven't found an answers to my question (but it's maybe because of my english).

I plan to make a little follower mod.

I would like to know, if it's possible to change the name of a npc (who will become later a follower too) after a quest or an event.

Exemple:

You come to whiterun and a mysterious woman come to talk you and ask to help her to find something or someone. When you talk to her you see as her name "Mysterious woman".

You accept and so start the quest. After the quest, the mysterious woman will tell you her name (Exemple Elorya). So when the quest is finish and that she reveal her name it's change from "Mysterious woman" to "Elorya".

Thank you for you help.

It is easy enough.  Check out the Creation Kit wiki and read all about Alias's.  Having said that, this is not the place for development questions.

Thank your for your help and sorry, i believed that this topic was for helping people in modding.

Awww, no problem.  This topic is primarily for helping people add mods to their skyrim game, not creating the mods.  However, I am happy to help.

Having said that, there really is no place to get help.  You really need to get a good foundation using the CK tutorials I pointed you to earlier and then just get into it.  Practice makes perfect (or so they say).

Yeah the name of the thread seems to be confusing. But it's meant for helping with existing mods, including building your own patches and such to make mods work together, not for making full fledged mods, which I have 0 % experience with.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really a support question, but a curiosity of mine. Why are there sometimes *two* femalebody.nif files that appear to be identical, and sometimes only *one*? I always just make the same edits to both in nifscope, but I just wonder why there even is a _1? Does it actually do something useful, or is it just some type of backup or what? I had originally thought maybe it was like "player nif = 0" "Npc nif = 1", but no. When both my PC and NPC are using the same thing(body armor or regular body), they both seem to use the _0 nif file. Yet when I delete the _1 just to see what happens... CTD. But somehow the _1 is not needed by many body armor mods(though not all) and only by some follower mods. This isn't a question about a particular mod, but the seemingly duplicate nif files in general.

Not really a support question, but a curiosity of mine. Why are there sometimes *two* femalebody.nif files that appear to be identical, and sometimes only *one*? I always just make the same edits to both in nifscope, but I just wonder why there even is a _1? Does it actually do something useful, or is it just some type of backup or what? I had originally thought maybe it was like "player nif = 0" "Npc nif = 1", but no. When both my PC and NPC are using the same thing(body armor or regular body), they both seem to use the _0 nif file. Yet when I delete the _1 just to see what happens... CTD. But somehow the _1 is not needed by many body armor mods(though not all) and only by some follower mods. This isn't a question about a particular mod, but the seemingly duplicate nif files in general.

I believe the _0 nif is the low or 0 weight nif and the _1 nif is the high or 100 weight nif.