I'd like you to double check the sizes of the three save files when the game is getting slow. Save it then and then report back the sizes of:

- The save file

- The .nvse cosave file

- The NX .csv cosave file (this will be in data/plugins/extender/saves)

Thanks.

I'd like you to double check the sizes of the three save files when the game is getting slow. Save it then and then report back the sizes of:

- The save file

- The .nvse cosave file

- The NX .csv cosave file (this will be in data/plugins/extender/saves)

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

V1.0.8 in OP

- Thighs, Calves, and Feet have been removed from the included skeleton and valid morph targets as a (hopefully temporary) foot IK fix. The morph files are still included, but unused.

- Small script change to try, once again, to clear the NVSE cosave leak. If this doesn't do it, an exhaustive seek and destroy will be required. :(

Yo, just tested v1.0.8, size of the save files didn't change, didn't make a clean save though, just installed the latest over the previous, that's probably why.

It seems to have fixed the "long load times between map loads" problem though.

In v1.0.7, I had a 3-hour run in the game while morphing every NPC I came across until load times between map loads became unbearable.

After installing v1.0.8, I had a 1-hour run while coc'ing in every place that have tons of NPCs and morphing each one.

In my 3-hour run with v1.0.7, my .nvse file went to 1386kb and my .csv file went to 36kb.

After the 1-hour run with v1.0.8, my .nvse file went from 1386kb to 2364kb and my .csv file went from 36kb to 69kb but so far, load times seems normal.

And one more thing, the wait when moving/activating/animating/fighting options doesn't seem to be very effective.

Like raiders in the process of morphing tend to stand idly by while I destroy them.

Because that option should check the player's controls pressed, not the actions of a generic npcs. If you are wandering outside, they should have enough time to morph while you are approaching, but I don't know if it's enough when you go inside an interior

Because that option should check the player's controls pressed, not the actions of a generic npcs. If you are wandering outside, they should have enough time to morph while you are approaching, but I don't know if it's enough when you go inside an interior

Oh, so that's why! Haha! Yeah, they wait for the morph to finish before they draw out their weapons and start attacking. Any chance on giving that kind of option to all actors? Have them morph only during certain states(idle? not moving? not in combat?) to prevent them from, you know, spacing out, bumping into obstacles, walking over furnitures, etc.

It's possible with that many NPCs that this size is 'normal'.

That seems to be the case. What caused the long load times anyway? Bloat causes large save size(not sure if mine's even bloating) so I thought the large save size was the cause, obviously I'm wrong.

Here's my nvse cosave and csv files anyway:

save.7z

Pregnancy is one of those things that you'll likely still want custom meshes for, however this can give Hal the capability to adjust steps between the meshes -- so maybe there won't have to be so many different ones for each outfit. Just using this to show pregnancy is possible, but it doesn't look very good when the belly starts to get large from a slim starting point.

Well according to the NX file, there are only 72 actors with morphs applied. I'm digging into the cosave now, there's definitely some leaked data in here from bodymorph but unless this save was made clean of bodymorph I can't tell if it's "old" leaks that no longer exist, or if it's still leaking.

The bodymorph fixes cannot recover old leaked data, they can just prevent future leaks.

The long load times was probably just my system overheating at the time :dodgy: and I also have SaveOnTravel on, so switching maps takes quite a while, having to save a rather large chunk of data.

So is it possible to automatically purge morph data of say, dead or unnamed actors to keep the save size low? Or is that even necessary?

I can purge the deads and all that in a future version, won't be too difficult. However, can you answer the question about if you made a clean save or not? I'm not as concerned with the load times as I am with the possibility that data in the cosave is still leaking.

Just did another test, now starting from a clean save.

So after running around and morphing at least 100+ NPCs, here's what the save file size is:

.nvse = 8kb -> 78kb

.csv   = 3kb -> 169kb

Compared to the previous test without a clean save that increases the .nvse file size by 1mb for < 100 NPCs, looking good so far.

save.7z