Actually I *think* silverlock has been updated again somewhat recently. Either of the two versions there should be ok --- today. The stable version there (4.5beta7) is actually the one I test and develop with. I know I didn't GET it there -- I got it from the thread, but I don't remember how long ago.

Nice idea, but disappointingly BodyMorph.esp cripples my game and has my PC stumbling around if there are more than a couple of NPCs or creatures in the cell.

Plus, I noticed that a weapon selected before a morph stuck in its holster after the morph. Inconvenient , as you can imagine, though a hurried new weapon selection was fine.

Plus nvse save file bloats from c19kb rapidly to c20MB then adds another 3MB every subsequent save.

I'm using NX15 and NVSE4_6beta2, no sexout.

I'll certainly play with the skeleton, and it's inspired me to look at Malos's system that I believe does something similar.

If anyone has any bright ideas as to why Prideslayer's stuff causes the bloats and staggers, I'd like to hear, because it's damn hard to outrun a pack of  deathclaws when you're limping.

So 'til then the box gets unchecked.

Woah, can you figure? I used your tutorial with that rabbit to learn my first steps on animations...

However, if you can I would like a couple more details:

- "cripples my game", you mean it stutter? like a regular small stutter every 0.5 seconds?

- Could you describe the issue with the weapon? I never had that, I would like to replicate it on my pc

- Savebloat: did you have the BodyMorph Plugin randomizer active or not? how many npcs you think you have met when you noticed the bloat? just to understand the quantity, i.e. you traveled across half mojave, you just started playing, etc.etc. just to have idea.

Thank you

EDIT: I hope you tried 1.04 and not the previous one

Certainly, glad to hear that you found Bunny useful :)

"cripples my game" - the PC lurches unresponsively in response to mouse and WASD, a continuous stutter, more of a jerky limp, that eases when you enter a new cell, then rapidly reappears. It may be related to the number of encounters, but I have a very populated game (AWOP, MonsterMod, WelcomeToHell etc)  and things generally move very smoothly, if a little violently.

Weapon stuck: happened the last time I used the mod. Had a 10mm Smg in the menu, played with the morphing in a cabin, came out to find a small army of grinning ghouls, reached for the smg, several frantic mouse clicks and nothing showed, not even empty fists. It was probably just the lag getting worse on reflection. I tabbed menu, selected AntiMat Rifle and that sprang to hand promptly and uselessly. Memo, when surrounded, pick a weapon that loads and fires fast next time.

Savebloat. No, I hadn't ticked the randomizer in the MCM - I haven't adjusted any settings - should I have done? My PC is level 50+, (actually well over but I just reset with console every so often), with several months of game time behind him.

I installed BodyMorph when I had just entered Dead Wind Cavern which mods had filled with about twenty deathclaws, aliens and similar critters of various sizes and flavors. Needless to say I was saving a lot, and dying fairly often especially as my PC seemed to develop palsy. I put it down to the unusually high concentration of critters and thought I had found the limit of my machine. Especially as it seemed to clear when I came out of the caverns and headed for a den of Vipers.

The stutter came back but then, I thought,  there are rather a lot of Vipers. However, after several saves I noticed that it was taking much longer to save than normal, I looked and saw that upto adding BodyMorph.esp my nvse save was uniformly 19kb - it jumped to 1455kb on the first save, 2709kb on the second, then 4264kb, 8628kb, 18285kb,  21171kb, 27316kb, 36409kb, 39370kb. At that point I unchecked BodyMorph.esp and the next save was back down to 19kb and my PC was moving freely again.

I reinstalled and found that moving to a new cell again brought temporary relief, but it soon started to struggle again, and the save file started to shoot up.

Yes, I'm using 1.04

Thanks for looking at this and I hope it is something simple.

The bloat is news to me, there really shouldn't be any, but I will investigate. It does cast a spell on every NPC it encounters, in order to ensure that any of them that have morph vars on them have them take effect. I can pretty easily change that to check for the presence of the vars first, not sure why I didn't.

I've suspected that some of what I wrote in the tutorial abouts arrays being cleared automatically may not be correct. I took that intel at face value from the oh-so concise obse sources I consulted at the time, but who knows if anything is different in nvse, and much of the 'best practice' information got lost over time as bethsoft keeps deleting obse threads.

I haven't found a way to systematically test where the bloat happens, but I've started to explicitly ar_null just about any array var that I don't need long-term: local vars in UDFs, spell & object scripts once they're done, array vars that are about to be re-let to a new array, and even iterators in foreach loops. Probably overkill, but better safe than sorry. :-/

I'm going to test in game too, I'm surprised. Checking the NVSE saves, I saw that it stores and catalogues all the refs you meet, obviously. But I'm pretty sure that you must roam along all the Mojave before than a text file with 15 lines x npc reaches a size of 40 Mb. I'm not even sure if all the npcs of the game + DLCs could really allocate 40 Mb, there must be something else.

The other thing I find strange is that all these added spawns are mainly creatures, the spells are not even casted on them. So, if even the BodyMorph Plugin randomizer was off, I strongly suspect it's still because of the scanner. Maybe it could be a good idea changing the Type from 200 to  42+45, as first start.

EDIT: I think Labrat means the savegame that stores NX vars, could it include the arrays you are talking about?

Each save produces two save files, a .fos and a .nvse.

The .fos has grown gradually as the PC piles on experience and I add more material to the game, to around 23MB. The .nvse has consistently remained c19..20kb. It is the .nvse that MorphBody.esp vastly inflates.

What do you use to read the .fos and .nvse files?

oh you're right, I'm sorry I was thinking about the csv which contains the values of nx.

Thank you very much for your feedback Labrat. Don't forget this is a beta because we are still testing this :)

the fos would be possible to dump it with a peculiar program, it's more or less like a esp, I can't find the program right now but I remember I took it from a link in the 101 scripting thread (but I agree it's bad to dig inside, it would be at least 20 pages ago...). For what concerns the nvse file, I don't really know... I opened with notepad and I can clearly see the names of the bones, but I don't know if it's in the same format of .fos and can be dumped

Thank you again for your feedback

EDIT: jaam, wasn't that software you linked once a software to read .fos files? I remember wrong?

handel-and-gretel-2013,

BodyMorph does work with BnB bodies; just make sure Body Morph is LAST so that its provided skeleton overwrites the BnB Skeleton.

I will have to second labrat's observations, with my .nvse savegame inflating massively when using v1.0.4... This caused a 2 - 0.5 second pause

in game autosave whenever I changed cells.

I reverted to 1.0.0 to see if it does the same.