How To: Animated Woohoo - A complete Step-for-Step Walkthrough

Thanks for the description of creation of animation. I ask to forgive for the text, I don't know language and I transport through the dictionary.

Unfortunately at me it is impossible to reproduce animation in game. Game sees animation, starts but only stand in each other. The only thing that works from animation, so this blinking of eyes. Where I that I missed to register, can't find in a script. Help please!

Thanks!!!!

post-1066545-0-07732000-1458577095_thumb.png

post-1066545-0-76136700-1458577121_thumb.png

post-1066545-0-27878200-1458577126_thumb.png

I found the reason! Once again thanks for the instruction! The truth I can't set a sound on animation now? Perhaps, I miss something because of impossibility to precisely translate your instruction. Prompt as in the order of it to register in animation? Thanks in advance!!! post-1066545-0-24568700-1458978660_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Hello , i have a question about kinkys world . I have installed kinkys mod and the animation packs from Lady 666 Amra 72 and masteranimations ( very good work) :heart:  So it is working but when i wanted to start an animation there is the message interaction feedback rejected or no stage found . Is there anything that i have to change in the setting ? Sorry about my bad english . I have already read the Reference guide but there is so much that I do not understand . :cool:  :blush:

Hello , i have a question about kinkys world . I have installed kinkys mod and the animation packs from Lady 666 Amra 72 and masteranimations ( very good work) :heart:  So it is working but when i wanted to start an animation there is the message interaction feedback rejected or no stage found . Is there anything that i have to change in the setting ? Sorry about my bad english . I have already read the Reference guide but there is so much that I do not understand . :cool:  :blush:

Try in settings > miscelaneous> debug activated. I guess it's so. Good of luck and enjoy yourself  ;)

Thank you very much  ;)

Try in settings > miscelaneous> debug activated. I guess it's so. Good of luck and enjoy yourself  ;)

Now it works . Thanks a lot ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I need the help of some pros here... I've been playing around in Blender with animations using the files in the Animated Woohoo Starter Pack and I followed all the instructions.  I've made a test animation, exported it, imported the file into a package, made the custom xml file, imported THAT into the second package... so I have the AW_ package and my animation package... placed them in the mods folder and cleared cache files.  In game, I added the position list in AW and it comes up with the 1 animation that's in the anim file at present... BUT...

When I solo woohoo, I see the animation listed (it's a masturbation one) but it doesn't have the animation name - it's just blank with my creator's name after it.  If I select that position, the character just stands there and no animation plays.

Anyone have any idea what I might have done wrong?  I'd really like to start contributing some content, although I'm sure it won't be Amra or Lady666 quality just yet.

Ok, I need the help of some pros here... I've been playing around in Blender with animations using the files in the Animated Woohoo Starter Pack and I followed all the instructions.  I've made a test animation, exported it, imported the file into a package, made the custom xml file, imported THAT into the second package... so I have the AW_ package and my animation package... placed them in the mods folder and cleared cache files.  In game, I added the position list in AW and it comes up with the 1 animation that's in the anim file at present... BUT...

When I solo woohoo, I see the animation listed (it's a masturbation one) but it doesn't have the animation name - it's just blank with my creator's name after it.  If I select that position, the character just stands there and no animation plays.

Anyone have any idea what I might have done wrong?  I'd really like to start contributing some content, although I'm sure it won't be Amra or Lady666 quality just yet.

Your mistake is in the XML file.

Ok thanks, I'll check and see what I may have done wrong there.  The instructions in the pdf are a little unclear in places.

Edit:  I don't think that was the problem.  I exported the xml file from somone else's set and compared it to mine.. cleaned my file up so that the formats were identical, but same effect in-game.  I noticed that the other person's AW_ file had a bunch of other resources that looked like language-specific files.  Do I need those?  Are there compatibility issues with different versions of blender?

Ok thanks, I'll check and see what I may have done wrong there.  The instructions in the pdf are a little unclear in places.

Edit:  I don't think that was the problem.  I exported the xml file from somone else's set and compared it to mine.. cleaned my file up so that the formats were identical, but same effect in-game.  I noticed that the other person's AW_ file had a bunch of other resources that looked like language-specific files.  Do I need those?  Are there compatibility issues with different versions of blender?

What the version of Blender do you use? (It's preferably to use version 2.67b) Language-specific files there is'n nesessary (for the test of working).

You should check correctness of use of FNV64 hash.

What the version of Blender do you use? (It's preferably to use version 2.67b) Language-specific files there is'n nesessary (for the test of working).

You should check correctness of use of FNV64 hash.

Hmmm... I'm using Blender v2.77 so that might be part of the problem.  Thanks for the help... I'll keep trying to get this working.

• 4 weeks later...

I think you need to create a custom String using STBL manager in order to get an animation name to appear ingame with your creator name.  How to do this should be in Master's Animated Woohoo Tutorial in the Getting Fancy section. 

I've been trying to create an animation as well, but I am having problems getting my animation to play.  My sims just stand there and no animation plays.

I think you need to create a custom String using STBL manager in order to get an animation name to appear ingame with your creator name.  How to do this should be in Master's Animated Woohoo Tutorial in the Getting Fancy section. 

I've been trying to create an animation as well, but I am having problems getting my animation to play.  My sims just stand there and no animation plays.

You are mistaken, STBL is only responsible for the localization of the translation. The problem is in XML misspelling. Which in essence is a management file.

You are mistaken, STBL is only responsible for the localization of the translation. The problem is in XML misspelling. Which in essence is a management file.

I respectfully disagree with you assser but we'll have to see what loafkowalski has done.  I'm still new to animation, but in my process of trial and error I had an issue similar to loafkowalski.  From his description, it seems that he was able to load the animation and get the game to recognize that he had made an animation, but the game menu didn't have a name to for the animation and the animation didn't play what he had created.  I agree that STBL is for translation, but he hadn't created a name for the animation in his local language for the game menu to display, so the name for the animation in the game menu is blank, eventhough it shows that he has animations created.

I was able to get my animation to play last night, but my sims were misaligned.  To get my animation to play, had to do with the spelling of the clip animation file.  When saving the clip animation file in blender I had saved the name by overwriting the clip file that I had been using because I thought that it had to do with the amount of keyframes.  What I needed to do was save the clip file as is, because part of the name that the pc creates when making the file is unique to the clip.

I respectfully disagree with you assser but we'll have to see what loafkowalski has done.  I'm still new to animation, but in my process of trial and error I had an issue similar to loafkowalski.  From his description, it seems that he was able to load the animation and get the game to recognize that he had made an animation, but the game menu didn't have a name to for the animation and the animation didn't play what he had created.  I agree that STBL is for translation, but he hadn't created a name for the animation in his local language for the game menu to display, so the name for the animation in the game menu is blank, eventhough it shows that he has animations created.

I was able to get my animation to play last night, but my sims were misaligned.  To get my animation to play, had to do with the spelling of the clip animation file.  When saving the clip animation file in blender I had saved the name by overwriting the clip file that I had been using because I thought that it had to do with the amount of keyframes.  What I needed to do was save the clip file as is, because part of the name that the pc creates when making the file is unique to the clip.

Thanks for the suggestions, million... I'll give that a try next time I fire blender up (it does sound like the same problem I was having).  Hope you're planning on posting your animations somewhere on the forum for us! :)

• 3 months later...

@Stu999: The started pack is a 7zip file you need this program here to unzip it 7zip

@millionserved: Do you still have issues with misaligned Sims in your animations? I had a similar problem of my Sims staying both at the root position at x,y,z = (0,0,0). Thus they were clipping into eachother eventhough they had an offset from eachother in my Blender animation.

It turned out that the problem was that i've been moveing the Sims around using the Object Mode. However this won't be detected by the exporter somehow and thus your sims will clip into eachother. You have to switch to pose mode and then find the root node (Should be in the crotch area) select it and move your sims into position using that node. If you're satisfied with the current base position create some Animation Keys and start your animation from there. This should preserve their absolute position in space and they should align correctly within your animation now.

Hope that was helpful.

-Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Redabyss

Just starting to grasp the basics of the Blender, and I've learned some things, like the timeline, view, how to move the rigs, etc.

Like all things, it seems complex as heck at first, but then you start undestard... hopefully someday I'll be able to do something.

One thing that is not clear to me is that I'm able to rotate and to uglily stretch parts of the body, but I can't quite get them to position like I want to.

For example, if I want to move the upper part of the leg, so that the female rig's knee is elevated, all I'm able to get is to stretch that part of the body in an unnatural way. I try holding the right of the mouse or the G key, the result is the same :/

Ps: Going pretty good! Managed to do this somehow:

https://s14.postimg.org/hvdm2qlip/image.png

How do I save the project so I can continue it some other time?

• 1 month later...

Is there any difference in making animations for AW and Onikikays KW?

I re-uploaded my Blender, now being 2.78 and animating works fine with masters all-in-box, but seems like I'm still having issues with prop loading. So far all I've done is getting familiar with blending the rigs in poses I find fancy and moving them in 10 to 24 frame intervals, but a question: Is it possible to have facial expressions in different layer, so that they could be done "totally separated" from the actual animation? because heads are moving allot in 240 frame animation

Another intriguing idea which I haven't found answer to so far is the KW's animation stages (they didn't exist in AW?), are they determined in the .xml file of each animation?

I have none what so ever experience in actual modding so everything beyond blender feels very cryptic at the moment...

Well have to install Kickers mod back into the game and see if any of my animations are actually animations... Thank you for the tutorial!

• 1 month later...

1.   I keep getting animations in the game that are not in the right place, actually both characters are sitting in the same spot,  I do not understand what I am doing wrong.

2.   In blender every thing looks right. I do everything in Pose modeI never ever touch the root Bone, I do use the b_root_bind_ to position actors.

Once I have the position as I like it, I quite often hit the "A" key a couple of time to highlight all bones, then I hit the "I" key, and set the Key frame. Then I move ahead to do the next key frame, and so on, until I have picked at the animation enough, and feel it is ready for the Game,

I save each rig, male and female individually with s3py, making sure that I have scene selected, and then import the two files to my animation Package, and set up the XML package, and do the string names with EasySTBLmanager, I see my animations in game, but they are both on top of each other, and are no longer in there proper place.

I wish I could figure out what I am doing wrong, it is frustrating  :s

I don`t know if this is related, but my sim did a 90. In one of the animations she is now facing the wrong direction to him and they are staying far from eachother, in the other they are "on top of eachother"...and not the good "on top of eachother", but merged into :P  Yeah I am definitively doing something wrong. Not had one working animations so far :P And still not even tried getting sound and objects into the animations. We need a mentor/guide! Wish Amra72 was still with us....

1.   I think I have it sort of figured out.

2.  The rig master has given us, and some smart person correct me is I am wrong is setting both NPC to root Location zero.

3. Now when I make and animation I use the b_root_bind to move my character around, and the "Y" location is just fine, and works.

4.   However sense both NPC are X == 0 and Z == 0 then when I place my animation in the game they both occupied the same spot, and over lap, and the animation is screwed.

5.  I have determined that the off set is approximately  0.50865 difference, but that word approximately is not very well liked by me.

5-1. By making my animation, and the applying that offset, I can get the animation to look close to right, but it will always be a little off :s which I find sucky!

6.  What I need is an adult rig that actually has the offset built in right, as if I do a lot of b_root_bind movements the math offset matching, and time re locating the animation after making it ( as you would have to make it first where it looked right in Blender, and then move it where it looked wrong in blender after wards to have it right in the game ), and testing afterwards will be troublesome.

7.  Does anyone have Adult rigs made that have the offset figured in from the start ?  Or is there something I am missing something in blender that would auto figure there distance apart or offset for me?

8.   Right now as the rig is I can see many problems in getting a good match up on animations, and this may be why I see so many animations from existing packages that are not very well aligned already.

SIDE Question

Is there a designation for Teen, as alignment on them is always off with and adult, and would this designation be seen by KW and acknowledged so that if I made separate Adult Teen animations they would be used ?

where by I might have  have an "a_BJA" align with a "teen_BJB", and "a_BJB" or have 3 animations with one being adult male, adult female, and another with teen, and the right one would be used, assuming I added them all to the XML for that particular animation would KW use the right one  ? is there a way to make it understand which one to use ?