The good movies thread

Myst42

Too many to fill them all in here...of course the usual suspects like Star Wars (all three parts of them ... wish they'd make movies about the clone wars and stuff, 

Im missing something here i think, you must know they made episode 1,2, and 3 about the clone wars. Granted 1 and 2 were... not great but in my humble opinion they redeemed themselves with episode III

Interstellar

Just saw it today, and it's my favorite movie this year. Amazing story, very si-fi, but felt very real too. Amazing acting, excellent soundtrack, no over the top fancy graphics. My poor description does it no justice, go see it yourself if you like si-fi.

10/10, much better than I expected.

Too many to fill them all in here...of course the usual suspects like Star Wars (all three parts of them ... wish they'd make movies about the clone wars and stuff, 

Im missing something here i think, you must know they made episode 1,2, and 3 about the clone wars. Granted 1 and 2 were... not great but in my humble opinion they redeemed themselves with episode III

Good movies:

Seven Samurai

Yojimbo

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Pale Rider

Unforgiven (1992)

They Live

Prince of Darkness

The Evil Dead (1981)

The Evil Dead 2

Office Space

Life of Brian

Citizen Kane

Robocop (1987)

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Alice's Restaurant

Blazing Saddles

Robin Hood: Men in Tights

Shaft (1971)

Blackbelt Jones

'Sheba, Baby'

Psycho (1960)

The Birds

Movies so bad they are good:

The Killer Shrews

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Empire of the Ants

Shaft (2000)

Snakes on a Plane

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus

Mega Python vs. Gatoroid

Psycho (1998)

Terminator 3

Reefer Madness

The Exorcist (1973)

Rambo III (the ironic dedication makes it a classic)

Pretty much all the Alien movies. Sure, some are way better than others, but I think the whole package is pretty awesome.

And while we are in the Alien Universe, you also have the Predator movies. The last three ones could be questionable, but I think they had the right ideas, but fucked it up along the way. Still, I am huge Predator fan.

Der Untergang (Downfall), based on reality, of Hitlers last days in his bunker. Not to mention, a fuck loads of "Hitler Parody" started to show up on Youtube shortly after. Still, I really like this video. It shows how fucked up Hitler were at the end.

Falling Down, a movie who portrays a man, when he just has enough, and snaps. Michael Douglas is just pure gold in this movie.

And while we are on the same subject, God Bless America, about a man, who one day, just has enough of all the fucked up stuff in our society.

The Time Machine. Yes, as you have prolly already guessed, it's about time traveling, and a mans struggle to correct certain events.

There is prolly tons of more movies out there, but these are the ones I could think of now.

Falling Down has some of the funniest scenes in the history of movies!

Gamle Mænd i Nye Biler (Old Men in New Cars)

I Kina Spiser de Hunde (In China They Eat Dogs)

Two Danish black comedies about small-time criminals with good intentions but bad deeds.

Jagten (The Hunt)

Another Danish movie. Out of childish naivity a child accuses her kindergarten teacher of sexual harassment. Even though she quickly withdraws her statement the accused man becomes the victim of a witch-hunt.

The recent Rolling Stones / Jackie incident showed that the movie's theme is as topicality as ever.

I like movies but I'm no aficionado. Among my favourites;

• Seven Samurai
  • Battle Royale
  • 12 Angry Men
  • Planet of the Apes (1968 version)
  • Star wars saga (Including the prequels, they're obviously not as good, but they're still decent)
  • Chinatown
  • Oldboy (Original, obviously. The less heard about the US remake the better)
  • Ben-Hur
  • Gladiator
  • Apocalypto
  • Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance
  • Rashomon

There are many, many more old and modern films that are great, these are some of my favourites though. I have no absolute favourite, although Oldboy is one such film I can watch and never tire or get bored of. 

Most of Classic movies:

Favorite Actress Ingrid Bergman

Favorite actor Humphrey Bogard-Burt Lancaster equal favorite.

Supporting Actor Edward G Robinson Actress Veronica lake and Lana Turner.

Dark passage-Key Largo-On the Waterfront-Casablanca-Rear Window(Well almost all Alfred Hichcock movies)

Got many 30s 40s 50s movies on DVD and Blue ray so many good ones.

Yeh buy all my movies got 500+ DVD and Blueray.

James Bond with Sean Connery i only have his 5 bond movies(never say never again i did not like)

Alien-Bladerunner

But these days im more into series.

Star Trek-Star Gate my favorite.

At moment my Favorite series Game of Thrones - The Walking Dead - True Detectives(first season) and Orphan Black.

-snip

I can't keep hating you if you like everything I like. Pls Evasia. 

I recommend the new Netflix serie Marco Polo to EVERYONE. Stuff is amazingly done, it's like Vikings, some historical bloopers left and right but nothing critical, and if you've read what Marco Polo writes, even the bloopers really make you feel like you're sitting in front of one of his old ass crazy books. Main character lacks some punch, but the rest of the cast more than compensate it (you may see a lot of familiar faces if you're into Chinese movies !)

Although Sandra Bullock is pretty much an overpaid actress these days, I strongly recommend the movie Gravity.

Sci-Fi drama/thriller thingy, about the will to survive even though being meet with constantly overwhelming odds.

There are few plot holes, and a few scientific errors, but as a whole, the movie is worth watching.

There are a few subliminal showings and messages as well.

I have a little system. Usually I'll just leave the TV on in the background playing something from Netflix, and then I'll fuck off to do something else. If, from what I passively hear, the movie catches my attention and draws me away from what I was already doing in order to watch it - that's probably going to be a pretty good movie. So here's two I stumbled on with that method.

The first is The Man From Earth. It's probably not something to watch if you start getting antsy if a movie goes longer than 15 minutes between explosions, if you appreciate a good story with some pretty hefty concepts propelling it, I don't think you can go wrong here. To sum it up, it's basically a group of collage professors at a going away party for one of their colleagues, sitting around a mostly empty cabin listening to their friend's story and debating the possibility of one very extraordinary hypothesis. That's it. While that might sound boring to lot of people, but it kept me more engaged and involved in the movie with simple dialogue than most modern sci-fi can do with multi-million dollar SFX budgets.

The other is "Bitter Harvest", which is a story starring Ron Howard about the events that unfolded during the 1970's mass poisoning which occurred in Michigan after farmers unknowingly fed their dairy cattle grains laced with a toxic chemical known as PBB.

Bitter Harvest is on Netflix now, and Starz Media has put The Man from Earth up on their Youtube channel to view. If you care to see it, the link's below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAarR4tVEHU

Fuck. Now i have to watch em again ><

Evil Dead series are probably my all time favorite films.

Them and John Carpenter's The Thing. A true pity the prequel sucked ass, an insult to it's fantastic predecessor.

Evil Dead is a win. Bruce Campbell can be enjoyable even as a cowboy hunting a ball made out of shiny electrostimulation dildoes. 

907d1320522259-brisco-county-jr-hero-orb

Also

-12 Monkeys

-Serenity (and the whole Firefly series, oh it makes me feel so warm n fuzzy. Best thing in the Verse ^^   )

-"Ghost in the shell", "Innosence" and the stand-alone-complex stuff. Not only pleasing action, some fine philosophy, thoughts on gender identity, definition of life n Xplosions! (also, Boobs)

-Stalker. Gets you in the Zone (those crazy russians)

-Lovers of the arctic circle (wuw, sniff)

-Bicentennial Man (Galatea is so hot)

-Conan the Barbarian ("Conan! What is best in life?"

Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.)
-Equilibrium (It has Batman)
-Oblivion (if only for that ending music 

Archived