Male content call out!

52 minutes ago, Musje said:

Would love to have a way to provide more variations for male bodies, so that some guys would have a more boyish look, some better trained, and some heavy with a beer gut ? For the ladies I already did this, with a Bodysilde ranging from slim to overweight, and a tool that randomizes body weight of all NPCs. It's so nice to see variation in the way everyone looks but for now it's limited to girls, the guys all look alike :( I tried SAM but it was rather script heavy.

Try the combination of SAM Light and the new SAM Morphs for Racemenu (works both in LE and SSE) for diversifying the body shape. It's very light-weight and sophisticated way to diversify their shapes, directly dependent on Racemenu's morph functions (I suppose it's even lighter than SoS - full and not even left a trace of script in your main save). 

The only one conspicuous problem is that too few armors/ clothes (even not the all vanilla ones) refits are compatible with SAM/ this new morph function in the game......

17 hours ago, y_sengaku said:

Try the combination of SAM Light and the new SAM Morphs for Racemenu (works both in LE and SSE) for diversifying the body shape. It's very light-weight and sophisticated way to diversify their shapes, directly dependent on Racemenu's morph functions (I suppose it's even lighter than SoS - full and not even left a trace of script in your main save). 

The only one conspicuous problem is that too few armors/ clothes (even not the all vanilla ones) refits are compatible with SAM/ this new morph function in the game......

That looks really promising, thanks. I'll give that a go

UPDATE: That works pretty well especially combined with the Racemenu morphy function (SAM Morphs includes templates that work pretty well).  Though sadly the vanilla armor replacers don't work all that well, sadly (or are there better ones that the legacy ones?).  But it's a start. And even so maybe better maps for the bodies would help making them look better.

22 hours ago, Musje said:

That looks really promising, thanks. I'll give that a go

UPDATE: That works pretty well especially combined with the Racemenu morphy function (SAM Morphs includes templates that work pretty well).  Though sadly the vanilla armor replacers don't work all that well, sadly (or are there better ones that the legacy ones?).  But it's a start. And even so maybe better maps for the bodies would help making them look better.

SAM light genitals become one with body. From my experience, SAM original not that heavy as long as u shut down automatic race variant in MCM. That script considered heavy because change npc everytime we meet them. If you shut that down, SAM will behave just like SOS. 

If you look for boyish look...use SAM. Only sam got skin and muscle just like boy. My sos not boyish enough for me even with custom skin and everything. That's why i abandoned it for now. My latest sam i think very boyish like my taste.

20180908043308_1.jpg.9580bdfa21a9d4e8bbc61315f2e25f0f.jpg

Spoiler

20180908043516_1.jpg.36695ea087f22c9ba048b446972b834a.jpg20180821003812_1.jpg.0bc0628a941715e0986ccfdef7c05ccb.jpg20180910013416_1.jpg.8e8a902c7de99fad2f2d4b45b36e9834.jpg

20 minutes ago, LukeDuke said:

Is there SAM for Skyrim Special? Only Light version or full?

Full is still not available, but the new mod, SAM Morphs for Racemenu, meant to use together with SAM Light/ Racemenu, enable you to diversify the body shapes of actors mostly as SAM - full does in LE.

Check this post for what SAM ( light and its combination) can do in SSE: https://vectorplexus.com/topic/699-so-whats-the-deal-with-sam-for-se/?do=findComment&comment=6469

1 hour ago, Musje said:

Thanks.  Could the SAM Light race menu morphs be used in combination with full version SAM (or is there a separate version of them?)

Yes, check this post by the author Kouleifoh on VP, though I personally think using full and morph menu at the same time is just too redundant.

[Updated]:

>Though sadly the vanilla armor replacers don't work all that well, sadly (or are there better ones that the legacy ones?). 

Overwrite SAM-Vanilla-Rifits from main SAM Download Section as well as Afendor's DLC refits (still hosted on Nexus: DG & DB) with Rahvik's this vanilla refits package that includes definitely better conversions. 

I suppose most of light/ heavy ones are now covered to be converted, and be sure to download this new wonderful Briarheart body/armor patch.

Unfortunately, some mage robes and commoner clothes are meh and I cannot find any alternative.

On 9/9/2018 at 4:42 PM, Musje said:

Would love to have a way to provide more variations for male bodies, so that some guys would have a more boyish look, some better trained, and some heavy with a beer gut ? For the ladies I already did this, with a Bodysilde ranging from slim to overweight, and a tool that randomizes body weight of all NPCs. It's so nice to see variation in the way everyone looks but for now it's limited to girls, the guys all look alike :(

Have you already published your "Ladies body randomizer"?

On 9/8/2018 at 3:58 AM, SavrenX said:

Males Sexy Fashion....

Hide contents

20180907071758_1.jpg.321dad3502755e24233584fe119408be.jpg

These harem pants are simply amazing. May I have them as a gift from you? Gift of Charity in return will increase your Speech Craft :)

6 hours ago, seahorse said:

Have you already published your "Ladies body randomizer"?

I only installed it. It’s a relatively unknown part of another mod, I’ll have to dig around and see where it came from. But with this race menu bodynorph stuff I can just make a morf to randomise all female weights and heights to achieve the same effect. I’m sure someone already made such a morph. 

17 minutes ago, dragondoom42 said:

At the moment Im just using SOS but am willing to change, is there any thongs availble? somthing super light and skimpy? Its a shame there is so much for females

My main annoyance is theres a lot of cool armour people have made but a lot of it cant be released or shared ?

The shame isn't that there are so many modded options for female characters, the shame is that there aren't more people who are interested in creating such things for male characters just complain about there not being more rather than learning how to create mods like the people who made all of said options for female characters.

Oh, by the way, someone released a new SOS interactive swimsuit for males on the Nexus, the Art Deco Swimsuit.

I feel a bit burned out (so I'll slow the working pace down also due to the real world things),

but now all the neck seams with SAM vanilla clothes has been gone, and most of the vanilla

clothes are susceptible to samson/ samuel sliders, I hope.

https://vectorplexus.com/files/file/126-very-crude-hot-fixes-of-vanilla-cloth-refits-for-citizens-and-mages-wip/

Aside from Uncle Sheo's, only the executioner (worn only by the Helgen OP's anonymous and Ahtar of Solitude) and DB Robe

(worn only by Festus the Elder, so SAM morphs is not applied: would be nightmaric to convert two hands and three 1st person hands meshes)

has not been touched by any of SAM vanilla refits.

On 9/16/2018 at 3:49 PM, FauxFurry said:

The shame isn't that there are so many modded options for female characters, the shame is that there aren't more people who are interested in creating such things for male characters just complain about there not being more rather than learning how to create mods like the people who made all of said options for female characters.

Oh, by the way, someone released a new SOS interactive swimsuit for males on the Nexus, the Art Deco Swimsuit.

Actually, there is another problem, there are people like me who are trying desperately to learn how to make these things, asking people, and reaching out, looking for tutorials and the works trying to learn how to make these mods, but get little to no help ( thank god I have one friend that has been a godsend of being helpful when they can, otherwise I wouldn't be improving at all). Fumbling around in the dark , reading large walls of text that doesn't stick, having a potato com and limited access to the tools (no photoshop, no 3dmax) and having to completely learn and master programs with youtube videos being the best help most of the time, having a responsibility full life that gives you limited time to do all these things and  going through trial and error when you do have time.

Doesn't exactly lead to the fastest results in learning (It also can lead to learning incorrectly, many times I knew how to do something a roundabout way but had zero knowledge on the correct way, but since I'm fumbling in the dark you don't know  and that leads to problems later). The process is slow and even slower when people are less willing to reach out and help others. Not everyone knows the basics ( In my case I know some basics but not the correct terms for them, and have issues articulating what I really mean which makes things harder) and there are plenty of people that have amazing ideas but lack the skill level to execute them. let alone with high quality like they would like to.  Many who face this wall give up and just make a request ( That goes unanswered or ignored most of the time when dealing with a stranger), ( I know I have been on the cusp of giving up myself several times but I won't I really want to make some HDT silk male outfits eventually among other things) not to mention the sometimes discouragement I have run into multiple times, which I'm sure others have as well. 

Basically this notion that people are just complaining and that is the real reason for the lack of the mods I don't agree with from personal experience. Its a combination of community support, patience, and shit take time because people have real lives. Female mods are easier to make because there are far more shortcut tools to do so ( people don't want to make things that look like shit, if a person can't get their skill level to a point the stuff they make looks good, they won't make it) that speed up the process, on top of better tutorials and a more helpful community for those mods. There are people out there that really want to learn and are actively trying and have been for a long time now.  It slow going and they need and want help. 

41 minutes ago, Yueviathan said:

[...]

Creating male clothing/armors/gear is pretty much the same as doing it for female characters, with the obvious difference that you have to fit whatever mesh you are creating/editing to the male body shape instead of the female one. That's it. There are no magical shortcuts for female items that mysteriously don't work on male ones. If you can whip up some new clothing mesh for females, you can do the same for males, period.

Of course I don't mean to say that it isn't hard to create new gear for Skyrim (it sure is hard as as hell), but "hurr durr females have everything but males can't have anything cuz it hard" is not a valid excuse. FauxFurry has a point, and hit the nail right on the head about the issue. Seems like not many people is interested in working on male gear? Well, then be the change you want to see in the world, like many of us did in the past.

And FYI, you don't need Photoshop or Max to work on Skyrim mods. GIMP and Blender do the same job, respectively, with the only difference being that Max has an official NIF plugin that Blender does not, but you can still work on nifs using community-made plugins. Plus, you don't even need to work on nifs right away in your modeling program of choice thanks to Outfit Studio. Just work on whatever you want, export as OBJ, import into OS, and work on it there. That's what I do, and it has worked fine for me so far.

BTW, speaking of OS, I have a SOS reference file for OS that should make it easier to work on male meshes using it. You can find it here (but make sure to read my previous posts in the thread for info).

EDIT: okay, I have to say you do need 3DS Max if you want to work on HDT-weighted meshes like capes or skirts, as the Havok tools needed to create said meshes and setups are only available for Max. But everything else can be done without it, so my point still stands.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

"Creating male clothing/armors/gear is pretty much the same as doing it for female characters, with the obvious difference that you have to fit whatever mesh you are creating/editing to the male body shape instead of the female one. That's it. There are no magical shortcuts for female items that mysteriously don't work on male ones. If you can whip up some new clothing mesh for females, you can do the same for males, period."

- Really it's that easy? Well, then I challenge you to take an SMP female outfit and perfectly convert it to male Sos with the knowledge you have now. I'll up the anti and tell you to make one from scratch with the same quality as something you see in a realclone video. Because that is what I'm trying to do and would like to learn how. So I expect you'll be able to do this with ease within 5 days right?. I get what you're saying, at the end of the day its just editing a model, no one is arguing that nor is I, but there are literal kits and for Pete sake, bodyslide comes with unp and cbbe body meshes to start with. By shortcuts, this is what I'm talking about. Sometimes it takes an arm and a leg to find and configure things like body slide to work for males let alone your body of choice. For Pete sake there's a reason there's a guy working on making a public male body slide. 

"Of course I don't mean to say that it isn't hard to create new gear for Skyrim (it sure is hard as as hell), but "hurr durr females have everything but males can't have anything cuz it hard" is not a valid excuse. FauxFurry has a point, and hit the nail right on the head about the issue. Seems like not many people is interested in working on male gear? Well, then be the change you want to see in the world, like many of us did in the past."

- This, this right here is a prime example of the lack of community support my comment is focusing on. The discouragement that I'm talking about. This response, in a nutshell, summons it up perfectly. For some reason, you did not read that I stated I have been actively looking into learning this, viewing tutorials, messing with programs, and asking for help ext. So you can't say this line to someone that's been actively working on this for over a 2 years + now.  My argument is addressing community support more than anything, and the format or lack of ease to access the information you need to learn properly, as well as bring to the attention not everyone learns things the same way.

I have to learn more hands-on for things to sink in, directing me to a text document doesn't help much and I'm sure I'm not alone.  I have to have a conversation about these things, find the right people, this is where I feel if your learning to do this for female mods, you won't have this trouble.  There is a lack of support that I bring to the attention of this conversation. I'm am not saying that that laziness isn't one of the issues, but what I'm saying is its not the only one and that's what this conversation is about.

"And FYI, you don't need Photoshop or Max to work on Skyrim mods. GIMP and Blender do the same job, respectively, with the only difference being that Max has an official NIF plugin that Blender does not, but you can still work on nifs using community-made plugins. Plus, you don't even need to work on nifs right away in your modeling program of choice thanks to Outfit Studio. Just work on whatever you want, export as OBJ, import into OS, and work on it there. That's what I do, and it has worked fine for me so far."

- Yet another response that perfectly shows the problem I was highlighting in my reply. I'm aware you don't need photoshop or max to do this (male clothes in general without hdt or smp, but what I want to make are those mods so well yeah....), but you have to learn blender pretty heavily to use it properly for the results you're aiming for depending on what you want to do, same applies to gimp which is why my reply mention basically having to master new programs to get started. Most tutorials work with photoshop or max or maya there are also other issues like animation being an issue to work with using blender.If you don't know the basics and going into these programs blind, it's hard to learn, also the interfaces between these programs are very different from the preferred choice they also work very differently. So what you need to learn has to be very specific in many cases depending on what you trying to do and that's when you run into some walls in the learning process or miscommunication ext. I have yet to get a body working with bodyslide so mentioning OS to me falls on dead ears. I don't know what OBJ is, and that's another thing. People expect a common knowledge with every person they talk to. Not everyone knows what is said when you use abbreviations. Ask for the nif plug in for blender. I have that downloaded and don't even know how to install it because I couldn't find the info on how to do so....-__-. That's another thing to highlight as well because blender and gimp is an alternate to the other programs, you may find out later you need an entirely new program or plugin to do what you was trying to do.  AKA lack of communication which I feel is more present when moding with this interest.

"BTW, speaking of OS, I have a SOS reference file for OS that should make it easier to work on male meshes using it. You can find it here (but make sure to read my previous posts in the thread for info)"

- Thank you for providing this, will definitely give it a look. 

"EDIT: okay, I have to say you do need 3DS Max if you want to work on HDT-weighted meshes like capes or skirts, as the Havok tools needed to create said meshes and setups are only available for Max. But everything else can be done without it, so my point still stands."

- yeah......

Look in closing, love what you do btw as I'm sure you know by my downloads haha, all I'm trying to say is this notion that laziness is the only reason, needs to die. It is a reason but it doesn't apply to everyone, there are people out here really trying hard, and it's difficult. It doesn't happen overnight, it takes time and you need to know what you're doing.  Some people make things that can streamline some processes god bless their souls but it is still hard at the end of the day, especially if there is lack communication or things are straight up harder to find ext. As a community instead of belittling g peoples struggles, perhaps understanding and support is a better approach along with patience. We all want the same thing, some cool stuff to be available and made for this game we all love.  Sorry to give you sass or anyone sass, when you're frustrated you're frustrated, and people with replies that pretty much add up to "Just learn, just do it, its easy, it just works :D" doesn't help.

Maybe Blaze69 said about standard armor. He's not wrong about it though. If about standard armor, the trick just the same with females. HDT stuff need other trick for sure.

If from personal opinion, males world indeed lack support for mods because 50-70 percent skyrim player focus on female stuff. Not many peoples learn trick to make good male stuff. That's why i do the opposite. I reject almost all female request because already too much female modder out there.

But you must remember too, many peoples in this community non speaking english. Like me for example. If someone ask me How to refit HDT.... i will confuse 100 percent to explain with right word. From nifskope step, 3d program, back to nifskope again...assign the bone...ect. Language maybe really become main block for me or other people. 

1 hour ago, Yueviathan said:

[Wall of text]

Sorry to give you sass or anyone sass, when you're frustrated you're frustrated, and people with replies that pretty much add up to "Just learn, just do it, its easy, it just works :D" doesn't help.

Hey, no problem with that. I completely see your point, and also see how my reply could be a bit too harsh (I deserve all the sass for that :classic_undecided:).

My reply wasn't meant specifically for you, but rather for the generic idea and feeling FauxFurry was talking about: people constantly whining about how females get all the love and males don't, that simply continue whining instead of at lest looking into contributing themselves with their own content to help alleviate the need for them. The current stuff for females exist because someone saw something lacking and decided to work on it instead of complaining, and as working on male assets is pretty much identical to working on female ones (which is the message I tried to convey in the first paragraph), you are not in any major disadvantage with respect to people who create stuff for females.

Basically "people managed to create female stuff, and the work needed to create female stuff is pretty much identical to create male stuff, so you should be able to manage to create male stuff just like they did for females". To also dispell any possible misconceptions about working on females being fundamentally different from (and much easier than) working on males.

Also note that people who do try to learn and create their own mods deserve all the respect as far as I'm concerned, even if they are unsuccessful at it due to the factors you mention (difficulty, lack of information or guides, attitudes in the community, etc.). It's the people that only complain and criticise but won't even think about trying to help or do anything that pisses me of (and I feel I'm not the only one). My apologies if you felt it was directed at you.

As for the lack of community support, I can't speak for other people, only myself. Still, I'll say this: I have no idea where to start. I couldn't write a "Beginner's Guide to Skyrim Mod Creation" to save my life. I suck at teaching. As much as I'd like to be able to hold somebody's hand through all the process, I'm simply unable to. So I can't do anything about it. If you have any questions I have clear and useful answers to, I always try to reply and be as helpful as possible, but that doesn't always happen, and there isn't much I can do about it. I'm sorry your experience on this matter has been bad, and I'll do my best to help with it, but I can only go so far.

Last, but not least, I should mention that if you aim to create HDT-rigged items, you have set the bar pretty damn high to start with. HDT is black magic fuckery as far as I'm concerned, the power that only wizards know how to manipulate and harness, lol :classic_wacko:. Not saying it's impossible (which it isn't, as evidenced by the many existing HDT armors/clothes), but I wouldn't even know where to start (and I like to think I'm at least knowledgeable on Skyrim modding). The seemingly complete lack of documentation or tutorials (that aren't in Chinese, anyway) won't help either.

18 minutes ago, SavrenX said:

Maybe Blaze69 said about standard armor. He's not wrong about it though. If about standard armor, the trick just the same with females. HDT stuff need other trick for sure.

^This. 100%. I had no idea HDT was involved, and it is a completely different beast from "normal" gear creation, so my points don't really apply there.

21 minutes ago, SavrenX said:

If from personal opinion, males world indeed lack support for mods because 50-70 percent skyrim player focus on female stuff. Not many peoples learn trick to make good male stuff. That's why i do the opposite. I reject almost all female request because already too much female modder out there.

But you must remember too, many peoples in this community non speaking english. Like me for example. If someone ask me How to refit HDT.... i will confuse 100 percent to explain with right word. From nifskope step, 3d program, back to nifskope again...assign the bone...ect. Language maybe really become main block for me or other people. 

This is my last response here because I don't want to spam but, I feel you and appreciate that bit of info as well. Thank you and apologies cause I'm not trying to piss off everybody here, it's just very confusing and yeah a point you touch on here. There is indeed a language barrier with some stuff for sure as well as being able to describe what's going on. And that plays a role and it can be very frustrating and overwhelming. for beginners even those with the drive.  I guarantee you there some modders, people out here that made plenty of stuff for the ladies and then dabbled into making something the fellas and immediately felt turned off from doing so, because it felt like a chore in comparison. If a modder that knows what they doing can feel that way, a beginner feels twice that much pressure. The key to learning anything is motivation and the learning curve. And I'm just being real the learning curve when it comes to this stuff is high, add little support or not knowing where to look to find the info you need to the mix, and then yeah communication issues ext. It becomes a discouraging mountain, even more so when reaching out goes bad. You feel like at least I do, like your stuck even though you are mad determine to do this thing. For me I can draw up an outfit I want to make easy breezy but getting that to the game is the struggle. That everyone knows, nobody wants to be called lazy when they working they ass off trying hard to learn within their ability. All in all, I just want to say this. I love the fact this thread even exists. I love the fact people do want these type of mods and do express that desire. I just hope the technical side of things can be clearer and real talk that more people are ok with making these things. We out here we want this stuff and there are people that hope to make this stuff one day and trying to. All love here and we out here wanting to do this stuff all loves <3