[Req] Oblivion's Chanpon and Kerrigan's armor

Reokudo

Updated

As for neck seams, I'm using the CBBE v3 body so stuff that is seamless with that should be seamless here. Not coverfaces unfortunately, but it's not really noticeable.

If someone wants to work on the mask alone, feel free to, but I can never get glow to work right. NifSkope for skyrim is still a WIP.

Also the knees(skeleton?) need some adjustments. When in sneak mode or whatever animation that bends the leg' date=' the knee and part of the thigh are distorted.

[/quote']

Hm.. yes I see where the problem most likely is. Won't be near a computer for the next few days so I'll look at it later.

Got 3ds max working on a laptop (which was not at all a pleasant experience). Unfortunately don't have Skyrim here so I can't test this, but this rigging should be better:

(edited) http://www.mediafire.com/?47kgk3hfpib2ob3

Drop in replacer NIF only.

Since this is close to final, did you guys want a link in the main Downloads section?

PS Going to up textures on the gauntlets some more. I have some textures of real skin that might come in handy.

Ergh, I don't know why it's refusing to use arbitrary body parts -- the CK said it would work, but...

Anyways, changed the body part back to body for the neck.

http://www.mediafire.com/?47kgk3hfpib2ob3

In other news I'm trying an actual neck rig from the original mesh. Will go back if this clips horribly, but looks OK so far. With alpha this should blend nicely with the vanilla head meshes.

You'd be left with stubs on the back. So unless the stubs get removed it'll look awkward. But I second that' date=' would be nice to have 2 versions.

[/quote']

Yeah I already thought of that, but I thought they looked fine without the wings tbh, considering the armor has a bit of a chaotic look all on it's own regardless.

Microdetailing for the neck mesh. Sorry for neck seam - it's the face I'm using.

I'm to the point where I'm just doing things for the kicks (because everything is basically "done"), and which will have little to no effect in game. So yeah.

For the wings, you could just replace that with an empty NIF file (or delete all the entries from the NIF). It's not that hard, but I can do it if enough people request.

Now excuse me while I actually go play the game. Haven't done that in a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that I discovered the brilliant piece of genius otherwise known as nDo 2, I'm at work redoing some truly high quality normal and specular maps for the mesh:

normals2.th.jpg

normals1u.th.jpg

The stuff achievable with nDo 2:

normalsk.jpg

Tell me this looks better than the specular maps in the high-res texture pack:

speculard.jpg

The results are more impressive in person.

I realize >20mb of texture memory for a single armor is probably excessive, but hey you can always downsample it down.

Archived