[WIP] Wildlings ~ An alternative experience

Trykz

this stranger that has the hood is he in game now ? or is he or she coming in an update ? because i have been traveling around skyrim for some time now and have not seen him or her .

From my experience any random npc you meet may have the hood. It is a novice hood, and it is out there, it may just take a while to find it. I finally got one after wandering around for a while.

sooo...that random moment when your casually sauntering into white run, planning out the next leg of your journey.....and you forgot to put your hood on.   LOL   Luckily my wildling has stamina to spare, think she could win gold at the next olympics   :D

I've put myself in that position too many times to recall  :P

And thank you to those who have confirmed finding the hood. I chose it because of it's ultra-random generation so it wouldn't be too easy to just loot off almost anyone. It should be known that I logged about 30 hours or so during play-testing killing everything wearing a hood, to find it on..... of all things, a hunter LOL

Trykz

• 3 weeks later...

how would one use a different body with this? like sevenbase for instance

Copy your body files from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\character assets

To:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\Wildling\Female

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\Wildling\Female

I was able to get different textures onto my character but the new meshes are never used. I also had to create the wildling folder with the female folder inside it and the meshes were still not being used.

sooo...that random moment when your casually sauntering into white run, planning out the next leg of your journey.....and you forgot to put your hood on.   LOL   Luckily my wildling has stamina to spare, think she could win gold at the next olympics   :D

I've put myself in that position too many times to recall  :P

And thank you to those who have confirmed finding the hood. I chose it because of it's ultra-random generation so it wouldn't be too easy to just loot off almost anyone. It should be known that I logged about 30 hours or so during play-testing killing everything wearing a hood, to find it on..... of all things, a hunter LOL

Trykz

I got my hood from a Vigilant of Stendarr :)

as i've experienced at least, it can turn werewolf/vampire but you still have to through the same meathods as any other race

this is just a compliment cause i'm loving this mod, currently playing it with a windrunner/untamed/beastess build, mainly cause the way i see it it's only logical that if animals have no problem with you then they have no problem joining you(for a little fun as a price) and if you manage to avoid/be shunned by society for that long then you tend to team up with animals anyway and since most of them are melee it makes sense i'd be a good ranger to support them who are supporting me, my surprise was when i recruited a dragon into my pack on accident when trying to get a wolf and a spider

• 2 weeks later...

i try to start as a wildling and the game crash ass soon as i choose wildling and switch to female...is there a specific load seq or are incompatible with certain mods?

i have all the required mods alternate start, cust cam etc..i also have cbbe, various sexlab mods etc...

I hope its not too late, Wildlings mod should not cause any CTD, in your case increasing of memory should help. Or you can try to install race menu mods or S.T.E.P. mod.

• 2 weeks later...

all my crb girls suffer from an invisible boob barricade no matter what i have tried they just get wider and push against my chest . i know it's not a lack of tbbp skeleton because i have seen that and this totally different i'm using xpms by groovtama, realistic ragdolls , and hddt . i never had this problem with your old race mod only crb , i posted this same problem on the crb thread and got no answers .

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite race mod by far. Only problem is when I get sent to prison because they take the hood. Was able to get into Chidna for the forsworn conspiracy quest thanks to Defeat's submit button. The jailer unfortunately got stuck on the wrong side and i had to use console for another hood but the prisoners didn't seem to mind me without it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got issue with the face meshes, somehow there are always sort of mini spike near the mouth, no matter how much I use the slider the only way to hide them is to create a hamster-that-has-a-nut-inside-he's-maw face making it quite ugly. Also I was wondering if I could use the body/head meshes and so on of my first character instead of having to create an entire new one, sure there will be some tweaking necessary so it fit with the idea of the race

If its possible I could use a samll tutorial for the steps

• 2 weeks later...

First off, LOVE THIS MOD!

Such a drastic change from the standard 'New follower/City/Home' :)

Noticed a couple things though, 1st is the fact that the Resist Disease for the race is 100.  Makes it REALLY hard to get infected with werewolf or vampirism.

(created a circlet with -100 on disease resistance to get around that)

2nd is the fact that although my character is getting all the messages and spells associated with vampirism, the character is not able to feed. 

I am not trying to downplay/disrespect you or this outstanding mod.  Just trying to find out if anyone else has seen this.  And, also, trying to see if anyone else has a fix for a vampire without fangs!  :)

Update:

I created a wildlingvampire.esp, just duplicated your wildling race and renamed to wildlingracevampire.  Hope you don't mind.  I solves the issue with not being able to feed as a vampire.  EAGERLY awaiting updates on this race from you.  :)

(I do so hope you are still working on this mod.)

• 3 weeks later...

Quite interesting. I just started a new game with this one, combined with untamed.

One question : is it normal that my carry weight is 0, in spite of a 300 stamina (I have at start 300 magicka, 300 stamina and 50 health)?

I had to take the steel sign in character creation to have a carrying capacity.

• 1 month later...

Added 'more travelers' but the silly nits won't attack me and when caught pickpocketing them, they just say 'You should have asked'.  They still die but the thrill is in the chase (or in being chased) :)

I do so hope you're still around and thinking of working more on this mod.  It's loads of fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks awesome !!!  My 1st posting here.. I think... Going to try this with the random alternate start.. it puts you everyfreakingwhere...

also... been trying similar for ages but, not smart enough to do it.  thanks !!

Just am re-clearing Skyrim altogether.. reboot??  Totally changing mindset for how to put the world together.  A wildling slaver ... because I really enjoy the sex slave 'Mia's Lair' quests too... gonna haveta figure out how... o My.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived