[WIP] Wildlings ~ An alternative experience

Trykz

As I'm always yearning for more challenging ways to

experience Skyrim, I decided it was time for something

much, much "different". So here's the gist of it:

As a Wildling, you have no friends outside of nature herself......

Wolves

Spriggans

Atronachs (all varieties)

Trolls

Werewolves

and countless other creatures are who you call friends.

Civilization has turned it's back on you...... completely.

Never shall you be Dragonborn.

Gold and treasures are largely useless to you.

Never will you perform special duties for the denizens of Skyrim.

In fact, those you are accustomed to calling friend, you will now call foe.

(With VERY few exceptions)

Almost everyone will attack you on sight.

Hunters will hunt you.

And you must rely ONLY upon the resources

readily available to you.

Get accustomed to sneaking Everywhere.

Because if civilization spots you, it WILL try to kill you.

Nature is your home.

And it's time for you to own it.....

post-26143-0-51661500-1417106933_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-17089000-1417106957_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-60199400-1417106999_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-99703700-1417107025_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-66890600-1417107033_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-86811200-1417107053_thumb.jpg

Nature provides much......

you just need to know how to use it.

More to follow......

Trykz

Ooh this looks WONDERFUL!

In those screenshots...it looks as if your whole vision of the world is altered dramatically, like through animal-lens eyes?

Not sure I would like that, I do so love to see the beautiful scenery of Skyrim with my Dragonborn sight!

Everything else you described looks REALLY interesting.

Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Ooh this looks WONDERFUL!

In those screenshots...it looks as if your whole vision of the world is altered dramatically, like through animal-lens eyes?

Not sure I would like that, I do so love to see the beautiful scenery of Skyrim with my Dragonborn sight!

Everything else you described looks REALLY interesting.

Looking forward to seeing more. :)

If you look closely, you'll notice my character in each shot. I simply panned the camera way out to get decent shots of the camps :)

The race I built is nearly finished, with only a few things left to finish up. I also added secret entrances to towns that were without any way in other than thier main gates. The camps are visible on the map right away. The secret entrances you'll need to find on your own...... if you dare ;)

The race has a number of abilities suitable for surviving in the wilds (more on these later).

Trykz

Wow looks interesting. Will you have it autocomplete the core adventures and sidequests that could not be completed because of conflict, to get them out of the way? New adventures would be necessary? Might fit well with Sexlab Beastess. Maybe a cloak spell to get you inside to complete something.

Wow looks interesting. Will you have it autocomplete the core adventures and sidequests that could not be completed because of conflict, to get them out of the way? New adventures would be necessary? Might fit well with Sexlab Beastess. Maybe a cloak spell to get you inside to complete something.

The premise behind this mod is simple......

Pure survival.

In the years I've played this game, and all the mods I've used/created, one thing has always remained the same.....

Once you complete even a minimal portion of the MQ, and learn just the right combination of Words of Power, you essentially begin to bore of the same 'ole, 'ole. Using the latest LAL and selecting the "I want to escape this cell" option, you begin the most challenging playthrough you have ever experienced. Throw in mods like Requiem and anything that increases spawn rates and mob numbers, and you may not survive the first day :)

So, you need to go into this prepared to play the game from an entirely different perspective.

Trykz

The obvious question: how will the Forsworn react to a Wildling? Friend / foe / ally?

That's not a try to push your effort towards "Forsworn as joinable faction" - I just wonder.

They basically count as a civilised community. And any that I have encountered with my test character have attacked on sight.

Since mods exist that make the faction playable, I didn't see any point in making them friendly.

Trykz

This is a great idea, I hope you can bring it to the game, I am sure it will worth it.

My question is...Why did you put this thread in the adult section ? It doesnt seem it has nothing to do with adult stuff...

My race mods have always been released in the adult section. I always post nude shots, and for this mod, I'll be posting some of the more "interesting" ones to highlight how it plays with other mods available here on LL, which will be part of an extensive "recommended" list ;) )

Got an ETA for this?

I hope to get it out before this weekend is over (no promises, but Sunday morning is looking pretty realistic atm).

Trykz

I love the idea! 

Can I make a suggestion for us immersion-junkie players? 
If I would be a wildling, and if civilization would really love to kill me on spot - what do I eat? Do I need to kill my forest friends, or sneak into cities and villages for some snacks? Or, would you maybe add a possibility to gather human meat for lunch from the e.g. hunters I kill? Adventurers and Travelers mod would serve a large menu, while Realistic Needs and Diseases should recognize human meat as something good for me. 

Can't wait to see what will you do out of this. Cheers!  :sleepy: 

I love the idea! 

Can I make a suggestion for us immersion-junkie players? 

If I would be a wildling, and if civilization would really love to kill me on spot - what do I eat? Do I need to kill my forest friends, or sneak into cities and villages for some snacks? Or, would you maybe add a possibility to gather human meat for lunch from the e.g. hunters I kill? Adventurers and Travelers mod would serve a large menu, while Realistic Needs and Diseases should recognize human meat as something good for me. 

Can't wait to see what will you do out of this. Cheers!  :sleepy: 

Stealing from farms, killing bandits at forts and camps, looting barrels, and whatever the hunters you kill are carrying (or cooking at their camps), are just a few of the ways you can sustain yourself. This mod doesn't interfere with the natural order either. So predators will still kill other wildlife (which they never seem to do for the meal), even in your presence. Giants will allow you to share their mammoth cheese as well.

I'm currently hashing out undead creatures so you can't just happily jaunt through dungeons, and vampires won't just pass you by.

Trykz

The biggest problem one encounters while playtesting a mod during the

build, is that you constantly see things that you just know have to be

included. So for most of the last few days, I've been adding waypoints

and small camps all over the map  :P

Most of them are very simple, consisting of nothing more than a

bedroll. Some have campfires. And still others may conceal a crafting station.

However, there are two main camps with much more....

Across from the Guardian Stones is one such camp that includes

a campfire with cooking spit, a bedroll, and one safe storage chest.

But your primary camp will be the one located between Fort Greymoor

and the Talking Stone giant camp.

post-26143-0-54217800-1417375781_thumb.jpg

This location has nearly everything:

Anvil

Campfire with Cooking Pot

Enchanting

Alchemy

Tanning

non-re-spawning barrel for storage

The only thing I left out of this camp is a workbench.

So if you want to improve your armor, you'll need to sneak

into a location with a workbench  ;)

post-26143-0-59171900-1417375732_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-82781400-1417375748_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-30587400-1417375755_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-44637400-1417375757_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-85226300-1417375760_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-68327700-1417375763_thumb.jpg

Most locations will never appear on the map. Others are there as

soon as you load the game.

For mods to increase the immersion I recommend:

Auto PV (to auto-snap to 1st person view when drawing a bow)

Beeing Female (well.... just cuz  :P )

BFA Beast addon (again, just cuz)

bm Simple Actions (allows you to sit, lay, meditate or sleep anywhere)

Locational Damage (for awesome insta-gib headshots, even in legendary mode)

FrostFall (for the backpack and other stuff, but mostly to turn off fast travel)

SM Essential Player (for it's ghost death mode) (turn off

auto-submit in Sexlab Defeat if you use it)

Travelers of Skyrim (for the cannon fodder  :dodgy: )

and.....

anything that adds to immersion, difficulty, or outdoor population.

There are TONS on Nexus to choose from.

Your choice of other Sexlab Mods.

These will be required for the most part:

Alternate Start - Live Another Life (latest)

for the new starting cell.

You'll want to choose to "Escape this cell", and begin the loooong journey

to the Lovers Stone, where you'll find another camp with a respawning chest

beneath the hollow log containing what I felt was necessary gear for

your survival (a fur armor set, and some ebony weaponry).

CRB.esm

It's what this race in built on. And I'll include it for those who don't yet have it.

RaceCompatibility by TMPheonix

Whichever version best suits your current Skyrim DLC setup.

Customizable Camera

This race is quite small. So you'll need this to adjust the camera.

Here's some VERY NSFW shots for your enjoyment  :D

post-26143-0-42299200-1417377734_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-79878500-1417377735_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-73062700-1417377737_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-78968800-1417377738_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-17915500-1417377742_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-74552700-1417377745_thumb.jpg

Next post will have more detail about the race itself  :)

Trykz

Say hello to Zoey......

post-26143-0-35551900-1417391921_thumb.jpg

She's quite a special Wildling.

In many ways she's just like other

people of Skyrim, except.....

she's been blessed by nature.

Born in the wild and raised by nature, many creatures

befriended her. Others are indifferent to her. But a few of

nature's creatures have yet to understand her.

Her friendships with nature have cost her much.

Most of Skyrim's people have shunned her

completely. Entire towns have closed their gates

to her..... forever. Their guards under strict orders

to attack and kill her on sight. Hunters have been

given license to hunt and kill her should they spot her.

So..... Nature took pity on her. Bestowing upon her a

number of special skills and abilities. But not without

something in return. Heightened focus to increase her

skill with the bow. A smaller frame to make her less

easily detectable. Acute eyesight to lighten her lonely

dark nights. Increased magicka and stamina pools.

Even an ability to call lightning from the sky once a day

should her enemies overwhelm her.

The price was half of her health.....

Nature must have felt that her death should be quick and clean.

Skyrim is a lonely, dangerous place for most. And even more so for her.

She has yet to meet others like her. But instinct tells her that

others like herself will someday cross her path. Someday.....

Now for the more boring mechanical stuff  :P :

This race relies on just two scripts:

the Race Controller, and one small script to control how various factions react to it.

In Skyrim, most combat revolves around pitting certain factions against each

other. Factions intertwine in many ways, controlling reactions of everything and

everyone in the game. By adding a faction specifically for this race, and adding it

to the race by using a faction controller script, I'm able to add and remove any

faction, making everyone in it either hostile or friendly to this race.

I attached the script using a conditional spell which doesn't

affect any other races you may be using. Meaning that

ONLY Wildling characters will interact with factions in this manner.

So that's it. I'll be posting more pics of the race in the Downloads sections

after I finish polishing things up and upload the mod.

Trykz

These will be required for the most part:

Alternate Start - Live Another Life (latest)

What about us who use Skyrim Unbound? It is very similar to Live Another Life, but you can choose much more options here. 

Should be fine.....

you simply need to start someplace where there are no human NPCs. Otherwise, you're in for a really short game  :P

Trykz

This sounds very very interesting! Really looking forward for the release. Two simple questions. Will it be possible to have other wildlings as followers? How small are wildlings compared to other races in Skyrim?

I'll be releasing this in ESM format because I'm planning on expanding on it somewhat vastly.

I'd like to create a completely new currency, only useful to this race. A sort of barter system so to speak. Perhaps trading vanilla weapons for ingots, or vanilla armors for other goods, with a scaling system for trading better weapons/armor for more of another given item. For instance:

A daedric weapon of a given type, might get you 10 ingots toward building another type of weapon of the same quality. Or trading alchemy items for potions, with rarer items giving stronger versions. Food ingredients could get you their fully cooked counterparts, etc.. The same could feasibly work in reverse. Like trading whatever is required to craft a basic daedric dagger, for the dagger itself.

Wildlings are the same height as Skyrim's children. And I plan on making a fair number of addons for this over time. Including traders, trainers, and simple wandering NPCs (who avoid the roads like a plague  ;) ). Once I get a better grip on Papyrus, I'll see what I can manage for questing options. For the moment, a fair number of Skyrim's side quests are still available. I figure with enough practice with the basics, I should be able to figure out a way to bypass everything between escaping the cell, and being sent to the Greybeards, which would allow those who'd like work on the MQ and DLC stuff to do so.

Trykz

This looks like it could make one hella fun play-through! 

It is  ;)

I delayed this until this Sunday so I could add a few things.

First, is this:

post-26143-0-19066900-1417828673_thumb.jpg

Make note of the hood......

it's a modified "novice hood". While wearing this hood, you can play the game as normal. For the most part...... Essentially, it's a disguise which manipulates "some" of the factions (but not all) re-configuring who or what will attack you while wearing it. There are several novice hoods in existence, but ONLY *two* of them work this way. As soon as you equip one, you'll know it's working.

And no...... you DO NOT get it for free. You have to mindlessly kill everyone wearing one of these hoods until you find it. Which is the *fun* way IMHO  :ph34r:

Hunters WILL see through it. So be mindful of them whether you wear it or not  :P

Oh..... and be mindful of the auto-strip functions of some "adult" mods...... it becomes a VERY sticky situation if the hood is removed (because you're now naked and without weaponry equipped) LOL

I have a few more things to touch up, and I'll package it up and post it in the Adult Downloads section Sunday morning/early afternoon.

Trykz

This looks like it could make one hella fun play-through! 

It is  ;)

I delayed this until this Sunday so I could add a few things.

First, is this:

attachicon.gif2014-12-05_00001.jpg

Make note of the hood......

it's a modified "novice hood". While wearing this hood, you can play the game as normal. For the most part...... Essentially, it's a disguise which manipulates "some" of the factions (but not all) re-configuring who or what will attack you while wearing it. There are several novice hoods in existence, but ONLY *two* of them work this way. As soon as you equip one, you'll know it's working.

And no...... you DO NOT get it for free. You have to mindlessly kill everyone wearing one of these hoods until you find it. Which is the *fun* way IMHO  :ph34r:

Hunters WILL see through it. So be mindful of them whether you wear it or not  :P

Oh..... and be mindful of the auto-strip functions of some "adult" mods...... it becomes a VERY sticky situation if the hood is removed (because you're now naked and without weaponry equipped) LOL

I have a few more things to touch up, and I'll package it up and post it in the Adult Downloads section Sunday morning/early afternoon.

Trykz

LOL sounds like you have the bases covered! Thank you, Trykz,  for working to bring us a fresh look at Skyrim. 

Archived