SexoutNG for Fallout3: It's Here

vpig

Actually SCR uses very little NVSE or NX and the little it does could easily just be deleted or commented out, mostly the scripting is about populating formlists and half of it probably revolves around adding NV DLC or TTW stuff or NV 3rd party mods. I think it would be a pretty easy conversion really and it could branch away from NV version after the initial release anyway, probably with FO3 in the name to avoid confusion. Anyone who want's to do it is welcome to do so, it's really not my mod, it's a community mod made up of submissions from many people, I'm just the caretaker :)

Astymma- Very cool, thank you. I renamed the file and reuploaded the bundle. Thanks again.

I noticed that you have a positioning mod for Sexout. It uses the nx variables, so I don't think it could be a direct port to FO3. As the creator of the mod, do you think it's possible to impliment your positioning mod in a non-nx format? Thanks for any insight.

The existing SexoutPositioning is VERY dependent on the new SexoutNG coding. It would need to be completely rewritten using an entirely new approach for FO3. As I said, I don't have time to mod... I'd LIKE to write it, don't have the time.

Oh.. remove the various external resources... (forcing contributions to the project :D).. TTW, and DLC materials (which won't be needed since there it isn't inteneded to run TTW and well there are no DLCs that are used from FNV..

The name could be F3BR.. (Fallout 3 Base Resources). :D.. As long as that is changing perhaps even Sexout change name to something else... to avoid confusion ( which would lead to a serious crash) Perhaps F3SE.. (Fallout 3 Sex Engine).. lol.

Question remains which I don't know.. is the resources from SCR (toypack and such) able to be transferred over to FO3 without conversions? (Nif. uv mapping and all the other cool names for complex steps.. ;)) If there isn't much effort then it should be easy to transfer. if Halstrom would be willing to help with the start of the fork... (providing tech support ) Providing I understand it correctly.

• Change the master(s)
  • delete the external resources
  • delete DLC resources
  • delete TTW resources
  • delete tryout resources (relevant to FNV more than FO3)
  • package up the base resources that are left. (Toypack, GBSM etc)
  • remove SCR from load order
  • chase down any errors delete or change reference.

Lots of work but with some help might be easy enough to transfer "wholesale" the file. Then change the name to avoid confusion and crashing games.

OH.. where is SSR.. That might be closer as Pride removed all the resources except those basic ones .. Remove tryout resources and change master, that should about do it. I am checking my old resources there might just be a version that can be used.

Thanks for the input everyone. Those are some good points, ritual. It would be great to see some of the old mods find new life in an FO3 port. And as you mention, maybe some of the modders who were active with the older version could help improve these mods. They know what the bugs were and maybe how they were solved.

For example, I don't know what fixed the misalignment issue with the threesome animations, when the player is not actorB. Maybe someone knows how that was fixed. There's also a bug in the old cunnilingus anims, where both actors are misaligned. That was fixed in a later version, but I don't know how.

Since the discussion of SCR came up I've been wondering if it would be a good idea to fold an FO3 version of SCR into the Sexout.esm file? Since we are just getting started, it may be a good point to do that. It would simplfy the modding process, wouldn't it? Is there a technical problem with doing that?

I found that incorporating a strapon into the .esm file fixed a recurring problem with unequiping. Could this also simplify or streamline the token adding/removing process, where it's incorporated right into the "main" scripts?

ritual, I think the resources themselves will transfer without a problem. If we can obtain a pre-nx version, we can go from there.

As far as renaming the mods, I personally would want to retain the Sexout heritage in the name- in respect for Prideslayer, who is selflessly allowing this to happen. SexoutFO3 or SOFO3. Or just Sexout3.

The names probably should be changed, for clarity. I just want to keep the Sexout connection in the name.

Still would like to hear from someone knowledgeable regarding the feasability of getting nx into FO3.

For example, I don't know what fixed the misalignment issue with the threesome animations, when the player is not actorB. Maybe someone knows how that was fixed. There's also a bug in the old cunnilingus anims, where both actors are misaligned. That was fixed in a later version, but I don't know how.

Pride would have had an made changes in the versions after. I know that Sexout has older versions of the files in the downloads. (at least it has the last time I downloaded.) That should give some hints. Check the changes. I believe the versions of Sexout are on GET and if you check those and understand what ever that does you should be able to see the changes. Then it might help figure out what happened and what was changed.

Since the discussion of SCR came up I've been wondering if it would ok to fold an FO3 version of SCR into the Sexout.esm file? Since we are just getting started, it may be a good point to do that. It would simplfy the modding process, wouldn't it? Is there a technical problem with doing that?

I am sure that it should be able to be done. However keep in mind that is alot of scripts. As you grow it would need to be moved out anyway. It might be better to keep it to two files.

Pride has designed Sexout to only hold those files it needed to get the very basic operation working. Adding assets and such would make it larger than it needed to be and require more changes to the mod as you moved forward. Each time you included assets you would have to redistribute the entire mod again. Add some toys.. redistribute the mod again. See the reasons for the split? Essentially Sexout really could be just an esm without any other assets, and the assets could be distributed separately.

ritual, I think the resources themselves will transfer without a problem. If we can obtain a pre-nx version, we can go from there.

The resources shouldn't be connected to any NX version. Scripts might be connected.

As far as renaming the mods, I personally would want to retain the Sexout heritage in the name- in respect for Prideslayer, who is selflessly allowing this to happen. SexoutFO3 or SOFO3. Or just Sexout3.

The names probably should be changed, for clarity. I just want to keep the Sexout connection in the name.

That should be fine. The reason is to help make sure that nobody gets confused. Having the prefix etc should be perfectly fine.

Still would like to hear from someone knowledgeable regarding the feasibility of getting nx into FO3.

Pride is the one that created NX. He would be the best to give any information on how to start.

OK, I found my older downloads of SCR. I also found an old locked Breeder thread and was able to download all of the core files here. It's an old obsolete version. There is a later version too, but I'm unsure whether it's nx or not. I'm going to look these files over and see how best to proceed.

ritual, if you want to, take a look. DrN, we may need someone to help do some testing. You interested?

As far as the nx variables, they are part of the c++ language, I think. Prideslayer created a .dll that brought those variables into the game. As far as FO3 goes, it could be a two step process- first would be to somehow inject NVSE into FO3. Second step would be to adapt the nx variables to FO3. If it's even possible. Or mabe NVSE is unnecessary. Isn't nx replacing some NVSE functions? If we had the nx functions, maybe it would be possible to adapt any remaining NVSE functions to use nx. So maybe it could be a single step, but it would require more reworking of the scripts. OK, / ignorant speculation mode.

You guys should know that Ashmedai's fose_extender.dll in the thread I linked on page 1 of this thread HAS the NX functionality. Install it, launch FO3, then check the fose.log... you'll see the following:

SetOpcodeBase 00002140
RegisterCommand NX_GetVersion (2140)
add command at end <NX_GetVersion> <> 2140
RegisterCommand NX_IsUsingSkeleton (2141)
add command at end <NX_IsUsingSkeleton> <> 2141
RegisterCommand NX_IsInList (2142)
add command at end <NX_IsInList> <> 2142
RegisterCommand NX_SetEVFl (2143)
add command at end <NX_SetEVFl> <> 2143
RegisterCommand NX_GetEVFl (2144)
add command at end <NX_GetEVFl> <> 2144
RegisterCommand NX_SetEVFo (2145)
add command at end <NX_SetEVFo> <> 2145
RegisterCommand NX_GetEVFo (2146)
add command at end <NX_GetEVFo> <> 2146
RegisterCommand BuildRef (2147)
add command at end <BuildRef> <> 2147
RegisterCommand MessageEx (2148)
add command at end <MessageEx> <> 2148

Astymma- Thank you for your input. Well, that's a revelation. I feel an explanation is required here. A million words aren't going to provide enough context for my oversights, but..

I knew about ashmedai's effort but I only took a cursory look at it before finally leaving. BTW, I left because I was encountering issues that were beyond my understanding. I got tired of parading my lack of knowledge on the forum. I needed to put my head down and learn by playing and troubleshooting. When I saw that someone else had thrown in, I was content that the thread was not "abandoned" by my leaving. But it appeared to me that that effort went nowhere.

Didn't try the esm because I didn't want to confuse what I was working on. What stood out to me was that ashmedai was using the rapegame method of initiating encounters. That's why I didn't look at it closer. To me, what I was doing was a better concept. I understand now that he was only prototyping his port; he probably expected to do some mods too.

Understand that, because of my limited knowledge, I didn't know what was or wasn't possible. I had no idea that nx could be used in FO3. It would require a custom .dll and that was way out of my league. So my effort, and my mentality was limited to acheiving the basic functionality of pre-nx Sexout. As far as I understood, ashmedai was working under the same limitations that I was, which made what I was doing look better..

As you've shown, ashmedai's effort supercedes my own in the functionality department. My release delivers a broader experience, but ashmedai's is the better starting point.

Why didn't ashmedai's mod "take off"? When I came back, looking for any evidence of a successful port, I only saw inquiries. There was no "sticky" anywhere. From what I've seen, there is an interest in Fallout 3 Sexout. Did asmhedai's mod fulfill that demand?  If so, I would have expected to see a thread or a sticky. I didn't see any evidence.

Is ashmedai still with us? If so, very sorry for not recognizing what you accomplished.

I don't feel that I'm qualified to oversee a mod that has nx functions. Frankly I would welcome an experienced sexout modder to take over this effort.

If that doesn't happen it will depend on whether we can get ashmedai's permission to use his files. Ashmedai's .dll file would probably eliminate the need for the AP .dlls. Guess I can learn some nx, but I think the integrity of the effort would be best served with a more knowledgable modder taking over.

I'm going to take a little break. :sleepy:

PS

Thanks Holstrom, there are a lot of file in there.

Using NX variables is pretty simple, just have a look at the link in my sig.

The difference, sexout-wise, is that instead of setting all related variables for the act by setting quest vars, you set them as nx vars on an actor involved, the actor that you cast the 'begin' spell on, and retrieve the necessary intel from the actor to handle sex end. That way you can get multiple acts going at the same time.

Using NX variables is pretty simple, just have a look at the link in my sig.

The difference, sexout-wise, is that instead of setting all related variables for the act by setting quest vars, you set them as nx vars on an actor involved, the actor that you cast the 'begin' spell on, and retrieve the necessary intel from the actor to handle sex end. That way you can get multiple acts going at the same time.

You do need NX installed  to use NX variables.. correct?

OK, I found my older downloads of SCR. I also found an old locked Breeder thread and was able to download all of the core files here. It's an old obsolete version. There is a later version too, but I'm unsure whether it's nx or not. I'm going to look these files over and see how best to proceed.

ritual, if you want to, take a look. DrN, we may need someone to help do some testing. You interested?

As far as the nx variables, they are part of the c++ language, I think. Prideslayer created a .dll that brought those variables into the game. As far as FO3 goes, it could be a two step process- first would be to somehow inject NVSE into FO3. Second step would be to adapt the nx variables to FO3. If it's even possible. Or mabe NVSE is unnecessary. Isn't nx replacing some NVSE functions? If we had the nx functions, maybe it would be possible to adapt any remaining NVSE functions to use nx. So maybe it could be a single step, but it would require more reworking of the scripts. OK, / ignorant speculation mode.

I don't think User29 used NX in his game. At last I looked he was using only tolken/scripts for his game. There is someone else responsible for that mod now and might want to check with him about those questions .. direction he is taking and finally permission. I am pretty sure he won't mind but he is the owner of that mod now.

I have not the game installed or set up.. I have been messing with Skyrim currently..That is  a bad beast to tame. I also have near zero actual experience with GECK. (however conceptual understanding is pretty good. game structure etc). Until I actually get something setup I couldn't check or test. It might take some time to get it up. I can't even play it currently. :(

I have yet been tempted to the Dark Side.. Many have tried.. Docta, Pride, Halstrom, LOL..

Even escaped my forced introduction earlier ....

clockwork_big.jpg

Ask Halstrom about that one... ;)

All I was saying about Ashmedai's port is that you have some options to help you with YOUR port. Like bringing his fose_extender.dll into your port so you have the basic NX functions of Get/Set for Floats and Ints. It also includes... and this is important... BuildRef. Having these makes porting FONV mods to FO3 much simpler.

Also, NX variables need not only be written to actor references. As far as I know, they can be written on ANY reference (but my advice is never write them to a temporary reference starting with FF).

Checking in on a Saturday morning. Thanks for the encouragement, DoctaSax. I just need to do some more studying.

ritual, I was intending to extract the pregnancy resources from the old Breeder mod, as you and Holstrom had suggested. I thought a second set of eyes (alex ref) would help identify the preg stuff from the breeder stuff. My mention of nx was regarding the pregnancy stuff, but you may have thought I was talking about the Breeder mod in general. I wasn't clear. I don't intend to encroach on the Breeder mod or anyone else's baby. If another mod comes into play, it will definitely be after the owner is contacted. There's nothing wrong with grabbing a mod to check the feasability of porting it, right? As long as nothing is uploaded.

Astymma- I felt on the spot for a moment because I wondered whether ashmedai's .esm made mine irrelevant. I was thinking that he had coded the nx variables into the scripting. But that's not the case. As you point out, his .dll adds the nx functionality without altering the original scripting. So the old mods will still run, while a new, nx mod could also run. The challenge will be in adapting the more recent mod scripts to work with the older commands/conventions. I don't know how practical that possibility is.

I ported all of the mods, except smallertalk which isn't sexout-dependent, to ashmedai's .esm and they work perfectly. I noticed that ashmedai's port is based on v.2.361. At one time I had 2.365 working but found that the Sexout Handbook would not even equip with that version. I had been attempting to get the handbook working, so I backdated to 2.352, which allowed the handbook to equip, but would still not function. I stayed at 2.352 in case someone may be able to get the handbook working.

Astymma, you also mentioned that ashmedai's .dll included buildref. That's a biggie, because I had to rem out several buildref statements. So if we use his .dlls I will have to generate a new .esm file, or we could use his. Would it be tacky to just grab his .dlls without getting permission? I think I would want a concensus of some of the regulars here before doing that. Until we hear from ashmedai or we get a consensus on whether it's ok to use his files, I think we're stuck with what we have. Don't misunderstand- I want to do this, but after the missteps I've made, I want to be very cautious.

Ahem, Astymma, I think there is a Sexout anim that will cover that position. We just need to set up a "solo with voyeur" dialog. :P

Almost 50 downloads so far. Thanks everyone.

ritual, I was intending to extract the pregnancy resources from the old Breeder mod, as you and Holstrom had suggested. I thought a second set of eyes (alex ref) would help identify the preg stuff from the breeder stuff. My mention of nx was regarding the pregnancy stuff, but you may have thought I was talking about the Breeder mod in general. I wasn't clear. I don't intend to encroach on the Breeder mod or anyone else's baby. If another mod comes into play, it will definitely be after the owner is contacted. There's nothing wrong with grabbing a mod to check the feasibility of porting it, right? As long as nothing is uploaded.

Ah.. now I see. Anyway. I don't believe there would be any problems with porting Breeder to FO3 but it is good to ask.. But. of course you need to get the rest working and a few basic mods moved over first.. lol. Getting ahead of myself. Yep creating and developing the base support is most important. If you build it ..  they will come... :P

I haven't looked at Breeder for any specific Pregnancy stuff vs Breeder. I didn't know there was Pregnancy stuff in Breeder. I always thought the current issues with Breeder not being functional with current versions of SCR and Breeder is that there wasn't any components in there. Now if you are talking the version of Pregnancy that is with Breeder it is separate mod. I can give you a copy via PM if you want since Halstrom mentioned that he didn't' mind you porting it. (PM so that others won't decide to use an very old outdated version and give Halstrom a massive support headache... lol)  If that is the case let me know.

I do plan ... eventually to reload my Fallout games... sometime... :D. Then perhaps there is more progress and I can test and play with this with FO3... ;)

You know it is a small file.. I will send it to you via PM anyway. If you don't want it .. delete.. :D. (*both the data and the esm.. )

All the SCR/Pregnancy stuff he want's from Breeder Compilation pack is the older SCR & Pregnancy & OffSpring ESM's (I don't keep versions that old on my hard drive anymore), he may or may not use the current Data packs ok as I don't think there's been changes in them in a long time. He doesn't need the Breeder esp, and porting Breeder itself would be a huge nightmare as it involves a heap of content specific to New Vegas locations.

Yes, Halstrom. I noticed that Breeder basically provided scenarios whereby the pregnancy mod can be used. A port would have to specify FO3 locations, all customized. I suppose the npcs and dialogs could be adapted. A full rebuild would probably easier. But again, that's not my goal.

Adapting the older, token-based pregnancy mod shouldn't be too much of a problem, should it, Holstrom?
Ha, it occurred to me that I was questioning the ethics of using someone else's files without their permission, when that's what I've done by asking folks to use JoshNZ's dll files. I'm hoping it will be seen more as promotion of his work than "taking" from it. I figure most people have those files anyway, but I find my self trodding on unfamiliar territory. Kinda like I barged into someone else's party by accident. :s  I did bring pizza, though!

Looking back through that old thread, ashmedai uploaded those files so others could test his .esm and the dlls. He intended to add/port other mods. It could be safe to assume that he would be pleased to know that his work finally took root. Tough for me to make such a call.

Got Common Resources ported to FO3 last night. It "works" but there's no mod support yet. It still needs to be cleaned up. Haven't broken open the breeder content yet but will probably get to that tonight.

ritual, I have the newest Breeder and Pregnancy mods loaded in my NV game. Brilliant work.  I only recently loaded up the new Sexout- had to keep my systems on the same version for modding and testing. It has vastly improved over the last two years. Not even the same mod.

So to distill things down a bit-
Staying with the current files until a decision about adopting ashmedai's dll files is made.
Common Resources coming. First mod requested was a pregnancy mod. So that's next.
Even if the nx capability is added, old pre-nx mods will still port over, so that avenue is open.

All the SCR/Pregnancy stuff he want's from Breeder Compilation pack is the older SCR & Pregnancy & OffSpring ESM's (I don't keep versions that old on my hard drive anymore), he may or may not use the current Data packs ok as I don't think there's been changes in them in a long time. He doesn't need the Breeder esp, and porting Breeder itself would be a huge nightmare as it involves a heap of content specific to New Vegas locations.

I don't have the Offspring esm myself. You broke that off a bit after I stopped using Sexout. I also don't see it in the Breeder Compilation Pack. So if it is needed someone else will have to send it to you or you will have to reconstruct what you need from that. I do have older versions of SCR and can send that to you if there was some code in it that might be useful (releated to Offspring) provided you don't get the more current version (advised)

Got Common Resources ported to FO3 last night.

How intact is it? I should be able to put together a version of SexoutStore for FO3 and if the versions of SCR are identical, at least in regards to their clothing records, it should also work on a TTW installation.

Zippy- That would be fantastic. I used the latest stable version, so I think it's pretty complete. I haven't deleted any content. If you are interested, I can send you the .esp and .esm files. You can tweek them as you see fit while you're porting the store over. I'm assuming you wouldn't need the meshes/textures? Just a thought.

Where would you put the store?

If you could send those to me, that'd be great. Shouldn't need to be any tweaking done on my end. As to where the Store would actually be, that's a very good question. It's been a while since I actually played FO3 but I believe there was a small abandoned town of some description just outside Vault 101. The Store should be near the starting area if at all possible so I may look at putting it in there somehow.

You should probably PM a mod about getting a FO3 Sexout section added to the downloads area.

If you could send those to me, that'd be great. Shouldn't need to be any tweaking done on my end. As to where the Store would actually be, that's a very good question. It's been a while since I actually played FO3 but I believe there was a small abandoned town of some description just outside Vault 101. The Store should be near the starting area if at all possible so I may look at putting it in there somehow.

You should probably PM a mod about getting a FO3 Sexout section added to the downloads area.

That would be springvale. There are lots of mods there that might cause conflicts that won't be realized until much later.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Springvale

Or could be Megaton however megaton is a separate cell and pretty tight without much room to put the store in and fit the history correctly.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Megaton

However I would think the best place would be at the Highway overhang just north .. northeast of the Springvale School. There you find a few raiders on the overhang/highway. It is on the pathway for one of the subsequent minor mission(blood ties) . The one where you are sent to Arefu the overhanging town where you can then meat.. :D. the cannibals.

You might place the door right into the main base of the overhang/highway. There are few towns and no quest that are completed there so like where the store is now it is reachable and yet far enough away that it won't interfere with the store or other game assets.

You can place your subterianian transport (train.. lol) right in the back of the store. Minor changes to the FNV store(TTW addon) and you would / should be able to avoid the issues of transfering between the two games while making it easier.. Or perhaps even  an Alien Transport device... :D Scavenged tech being used and all..

Map..

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_map