Is this a good community?

Mephykuns

I feel for his family IF he did in fact die, but for all we know he just was done with the site, or went to jail, and somebody wishes to continue his name or whatever. Personally I blocked him because I was tired of going through the topics and finding like a thousand posts of who's ass he would lick (gets old REAL fast in a screenshot thread), but that doesn't mean the site didn't appreciate the input he gave.

Also can somebody post where HE said he was dying, because without hearing it from him, it becomes second-hand information, and isn't that reliable.

On topic, the site as a whole is fun, but there are a fair share of drama queens (this guy right here ;) ) and anti-nexus whiners.

there is a post above that links to the pages that mention this, one being from his Son

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39628-is-this-a-good-community/?p=1250990

Everyone can pay their respects to him there and give their support and condolences to his son.

Problem is that could just as easily be a coincidence, like I said. All he said is he was leaving, not that he was dying, though I'll admit, if I found out I was dying, I wouldn't post a goodbye on here. It very well could be true, and, like Someone92 said, very strange that someone predicted their death like that, and the day of his death, his son, instead of greiving, posted on a site, that as far as I'm aware, never posted here before.

Well if you would like to compare what happens on LoversLab to what happens on the Nexus maybe we could talk The Vampire Dante into subbing for one of the LL Moderators for a couple of weeks. That should clear up any doubts you may have about what happens here on LoversLab........................... :P  :D  :lol: ((( :dodgy: )))

Excellent idea. We could have some kind of moderator exchange program.

I feel for his family IF he did in fact die, but for all we know he just was done with the site, or went to jail, and somebody wishes to continue his name or whatever. Personally I blocked him because I was tired of going through the topics and finding like a thousand posts of who's ass he would lick (gets old REAL fast in a screenshot thread), but that doesn't mean the site didn't appreciate the input he gave.

Also can somebody post where HE said he was dying, because without hearing it from him, it becomes second-hand information, and isn't that reliable.

On topic, the site as a whole is fun, but there are a fair share of drama queens (this guy right here ;) ) and anti-nexus whiners.

there is a post above that links to the pages that mention this, one being from his Son

Everyone can pay their respects to him there and give their support and condolences to his son.

Problem is that could just as easily be a coincidence, like I said. All he said is he was leaving, not that he was dying, though I'll admit, if I found out I was dying, I wouldn't post a goodbye on here. It very well could be true, and, like Someone92 said, very strange that someone predicted their death like that, and the day of his death, his son, instead of greiving, posted on a site, that as far as I'm aware, never posted here before.

All I know that my father shared about his sickness with only few people on the forum. Even they didn't have the whole picture of what is truly happening because he didn't want to burden them. I don't know why is so strange that someone is feeling that is going to die. My grand mother, from my mother's side had similar experience. There were witnesses when she was writing good bye letters to her friends. When being asked why is she doing that, she replied: I have a feeling that I will die soon and I want to say farewell to my friends and relatives. Two days later, she died. So I'm sorry if my father's silence about "prediction" of his death didn't convinced  some people. With great respect, please, red my post - "In memory of my father, germanicus". I believe you will understand much better what kind of person he was.

I don't' see it as an issue. It might be strange but that is not the point. The point is how someone reacts to the news. You or I have no control over what others do or in many times cannot understand why they might do it, we only have control over what we do and how we react to a situation. Regardless if some members have thoughts  and /or suspicion otherwise it is proper to show respect to someone with news like this.

On a personal note during his PMs he has hinted at various issues he has. I have had individuals in my life that were sick and knew that their time was coming to an end. They decided to accept this and wanted to spend some time with those that they cared about. He enjoyed his time here and cared about many of the members here and friends he made. Why wouldn't he want to make a few final comments?

As for his son posting here informing us of the news. I lost my father a few years ago. I can tell you that I contacted individuals and discussed the situation and made them aware of his passing because he respected and liked them. Some of which on any other day / time I would rather have my body dragged across hot coals, broken glass and then be dipped into a vat of salt water instead of having anything to do with them. I did so because I felt he would have wanted me to do so. Out of respect for his memory I reached out. His son likely done the same thing, and upon actually investigating the site finds he too likes the community (for the most part) and wants to be part of it.

It goes back to the old saying.. "If you don't have something nice to say... don't say anything". This comment isn't directed at anyone directly or to chastise those that have doubts or apprehensions. These thoughts are your right. It is just to point out that sometimes it is just better to not say anything.

It's a bit like

fjOayi.jpg

with the occasional smattering of

XeAW3b.jpg

Texture pack used? :P

Good grief - that was ages ago :P I suspect looking at it Mature for skin texture, KS or Cazy for hair, Tamriel Reloaded Trees & grasses for external, and bog standard 2k HD for the rest of the textures. I haven't seen those gloves in the game in ages, (I know they are still there in there somewhere it's just Lootification hasn't spat them them out in a long time - and I don't really like crafting stuff if it can be found). Actually also the lighting etc. in the Captured Dreams shop looks particularly dodgy.

It's a bit like

fjOayi.jpg

with the occasional smattering of

XeAW3b.jpg

Texture pack used? :P

Good grief - that was ages ago :P I suspect looking at it Mature for skin texture, KS or Cazy for hair, Tamriel Reloaded Trees & grasses for external, and bog standard 2k HD for the rest of the textures. I haven't seen those gloves in the game in ages, (I know they are still there in there somewhere it's just Lootification hasn't spat them them out in a long time - and I don't really like crafting stuff if it can be found). Actually also the lighting etc. in the Captured Dreams shop looks particularly dodgy.

Lol, thank you, and sorry i just noticed the date of the post!  :lol:

I don't' see it as an issue. It might be strange but that is not the point. The point is how someone reacts to the news. You or I have no control over what others do or in many times cannot understand why they might do it, we only have control over what we do and how we react to a situation. Regardless if some members have thoughts  and /or suspicion otherwise it is proper to show respect to someone with news like this.

On a personal note during his PMs he has hinted at various issues he has. I have had individuals in my life that were sick and knew that their time was coming to an end. They decided to accept this and wanted to spend some time with those that they cared about. He enjoyed his time here and cared about many of the members here and friends he made. Why wouldn't he want to make a few final comments?

As for his son posting here informing us of the news. I lost my father a few years ago. I can tell you that I contacted individuals and discussed the situation and made them aware of his passing because he respected and liked them. Some of which on any other day / time I would rather have my body dragged across hot coals, broken glass and then be dipped into a vat of salt water instead of having anything to do with them. I did so because I felt he would have wanted me to do so. Out of respect for his memory I reached out. His son likely done the same thing, and upon actually investigating the site finds he too likes the community (for the most part) and wants to be part of it.

It goes back to the old saying.. "If you don't have something nice to say... don't say anything". This comment isn't directed at anyone directly or to chastise those that have doubts or apprehensions. These thoughts are your right. It is just to point out that sometimes it is just better to not say anything.

..... Fair enough, I'll stop being a jackass and just hold my tongue. Let's hope the old perv is in a better place (I say that in as non insulting a way as I can :-/)

"Is this a good community?"

Reading the pathetic shit a few dick wads are saying about Germanicus and the situation, I'm having my doubts.

There is an easy trick how to make almost every online community into a "good community" for yourself:

Find out the main emphasis the online community has, and only engage with said community within said main emphasis.

In case of Loverslab that's acquisition of adult mods, talking with the authors of said adults mods, and receiving help how to create your own adult mods. Don't expect quality conversations outside these topics, and don't expect the moderation team to be able to handle discussions outside their field of expertise.

In case of Nexus that's acquisition of mods, talking with the authors of said mods, and obtaining information about mods you are looking for. However, don't expect much help how to build your own mod from scratch. Expect that they might scrub activities that do not help their core business without any prior notice.

Don't expect a single online community has the fix for all your needs.

Well, I can only really speak for us guys who post over at the forum games section, but I'd say that the community here is one of the best I've been in. I mean, there's gonna be assholes everywhere, and people will always find someone to disagree with. But, I've made some friends, gotten good advice and had a good time overall with this community. In the end, isn't that what matters?

By the way, if you really have nothing good to say, just don't say it. The world has enough jerks and we really don't need others to join them. Just my 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...

I mainly lurk here for the technical support, but so far what I've seen everyone is extremely helpful and patient, which is a lot given the kind of stuff we're dealing with. (Coding and all of that other complicated stuff I can hardly comprehend.)

• 3 months later...

Generally it depends on the person, but over zealous moderators are what are most noticeable.

I have not really run into any problems here, everyone has been great to me so far, and I try to be as nice back :3

However there are always going to be just misunderstandings or individuals who over react or are just plain rude; best you can do is just accept that and move on. Ran into one on Nexus, and he is a contributor here even; but one person doesn't really make a whole community.

So long as there is no flock mentality of any kind against something and a healthily active but relaxed moderation team, usually any community is very welcoming. 

There are still some things that set off LL members...but for the most part, generally a good crowd here.  

Even if most of us can't understand Cyrillic languages without a crappy internet translator....I think that guy above me is looking for help trying to find someone to make some armor...at least that's what Google Translate says the Russian text translates to...  

Здесь нет ничего полезного кроме сплошного навязчивого tutorial спама  :angry:

Google Translate не работает хорошо. Но вы должны помочь сделать броню? Существует нить для этого, просто надо знать, что игру. Я прошу прощения за Google Translate, если это не имеет смысла.

I have absolutely NO idea if that translated properly...I don't trust Google Translate one bit.  HAHAHA

Этот сайт не слишком то и xороший, модеры стараются по большей мере пинать пользователей как nexusmods :angry:

Плоxой сайт, плоxое опщество это факт :angry:

Здесь нет ничего полезного кроме сплошного навязчивого tutorial спама :angry:

There are still some things that set off LL members...but for the most part, generally a good crowd here.  

Even if most of us can't understand Cyrillic languages without a crappy internet translator....I think that guy above me is looking for help trying to find someone to make some armor...at least that's what Google Translate says the Russian text translates to...  

Google Translate не работает хорошо. Но вы должны помочь сделать броню? Существует нить для этого, просто надо знать, что игру. Я прошу прощения за Google Translate, если это не имеет смысла.

I have absolutely NO idea if that translated properly...I don't trust Google Translate one bit.  HAHAHA

Using Bing & Google translation, I get the following from N's posts:

Этот сайт не слишком то и xороший, модеры стараются по большей мере пинать пользователей как nexusmods

Bing:  "This site is not really and xorošij, modders are trying for the most part, kicking users as nexusmods"

Google:  "This site is not too good then, modernizing try at most to kick users both nexusmods"

Seems fairly clear even with the mismatch between bing and google.

Плоxой сайт, плоxое опщество это факт

Bing:  "Ploxoj site ploxoe opŝestvo this fact" (wow, I'm assuming Bing translate just butchered that one, or contains some localization that Bing couldn't handle...)

Google:  "Bad sites, bad society is a fact" (google seemed to get it clear...)

Здесь нет ничего полезного кроме сплошного навязчивого tutorial спама

Bing:  "There is nothing useful besides continuous compulsive spam tutorial"

Google:  "There is nothing useful except continuous intrusive tutorial spam"

(this one seems very clear...)

--------------------------

I think by the general tone (if the translation is even remotely accurate) is that this user is particularly unimpressed with our site.  Well my only response is:

Если вы нашли сайт, который плохо, выход прямо там ...

Assuming Google got it right...

Этот сайт не слишком то и xороший, модеры стараются по большей мере пинать пользователей как nexusmods :angry:

Плоxой сайт, плоxое опщество это факт :angry:

Здесь нет ничего полезного кроме сплошного навязчивого tutorial спама :angry:

Using Bing & Google translation, I get the following from N's posts:

Этот сайт не слишком то и xороший, модеры стараются по большей мере пинать пользователей как nexusmods

Bing:  "This site is not really and xorošij, modders are trying for the most part, kicking users as nexusmods"

Google:  "This site is not too good then, modernizing try at most to kick users both nexusmods"

Seems fairly clear even with the mismatch between bing and google.

Плоxой сайт, плоxое опщество это факт

Bing:  "Ploxoj site ploxoe opŝestvo this fact" (wow, I'm assuming Bing translate just butchered that one, or contains some localization that Bing couldn't handle...)

Google:  "Bad sites, bad society is a fact" (google seemed to get it clear...)

Здесь нет ничего полезного кроме сплошного навязчивого tutorial спама

Bing:  "There is nothing useful besides continuous compulsive spam tutorial"

Google:  "There is nothing useful except continuous intrusive tutorial spam"

(this one seems very clear...)

--------------------------

I think by the general tone (if the translation is even remotely accurate) is that this user is particularly unimpressed with our site.  Well my only response is:

Если вы нашли сайт, который плохо, выход прямо там ...

Assuming Google got it right...

I think Comrade was looking for help, but got no real assistance because of language barrier...and got mad.  I dunno.  He couldn't understand the tutorials and tried asking for extra help and no one gave it to him?  Beats me.  My Russian is limited to Thank You and VODKA!  Thanks to a few Russian sailors I met when I was in the Navy...GOD...NEVER try to drink with those bastards...you WILL LOSE!  hahah

Archived