fishburger67

Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

One other thing I noticed: the LOS setting is only honoured by the naked scan, not for sex scenes which always check LOS regardless of the MCM setting. Is that intentional?

Yes, that is intentional.  In settings where there is a lot of sex going on in multiple rooms (like MiasLair), an LOS check is manditory or arousal goes through the roof even if there is no sex around you.

My issue is that my arousal keeps going up, even when there are no naked bodies around. And after a few days, my desires are driving me, and never drop, while the NPCs all hit rock bottom 0's. That is why I had originally requested randomizing their arousal if I hadn't been in an area for any length of time a while back. Or perhaps, randomize it if they hadn't been in the same cell for more than 12 hours?

Are you wearing any devious devices? And if so are you using cursed loot? 

If the answer to both is "yes" try turning off the "bondage lover" setting in cursed loot.

I don't use that at all. I would use it on my companions/slaves if it actually worked, but it doesn't work. Or didn't when I tried it out on them a while back.

And you missed the part where I said, the NPC's arousal just steadily goes down to 0, and stays there.

@fishburger67

Naked PC always around should not be a requirement. Even with other naked bodies allowed in MCM, won't matter if no one is running around naked. There are not sexually deprived people in my skyrim apparently, they are all fully satisfied. My daughter often sits behind me while I am at the computer, have to maintain a level of decency till she goes to bed.

Also, I did notice my followers do get arousal every tick, just like the PC, but everyone else is just a steady fall. Personally, I would rather they all had a steady increase instead of decreasing, would be more realistic that way, And then I could find one that was willing *eager NPCs* when I am able to have a little private time with bob...

What you are seeing is probably the effect of TimeRate. Everyone's arousal eventually declines to 0 if they never have sex and don't see nudity. However, directly after having sex, the arousal will initially go up for a few days (game-time) before it starts to decline. You probably have frequent escapades with your followers, which means that they are always on the upward slope of the curve, whereas the regular Tom, Dick & Harry you encounter on your travels are already past the top of the curve and on the downward slope.

I posted a graph here some time back that shows the curve and the effect of different timerate halflife settings on it. Day 0 is the day of the last orgasm. If you look at the green line for timerate halflife = 2 (the default setting) you see that for the first 5 days after an orgasm this component of arousal will increase, but after reaching the peak at day 5 it will start to decline. Note that the graph shows values for an actor with TimeRate = 1. To get the actual arousal component for a specific NPC you need to multiply it by the TimeRate of the actor. So an NPC with TimeRate = 40 (probably typical for a popular follower) will peak at around 1.8 * 40 = 72 arousal on day 5, whereas an NPC with TimeRate close to 0 (typical for an NPC you haven't encountered in several game-time weeks) will peak at something like 1.8 * 0.01 = 0.

The Virtual Sexlife functionality in SLEN was created specifically to combat this effect. It essentially 'makes up' sexual events for NPCs that happened while you weren't around them so that it seems as if NPCs have frequent sex amongst each other in your absence, and as a result their timerate and arousal won't decline to 0 if they never have sex with you and never or rarely see nudity. Mods that make NPCs have sex with eachother also have this effect, but to a much lesser extend as they obviously only work on the NPCs that are near enough to you to be loaded and animated, so they won't help with NPCs that you haven't encountered for a long time.

One other thing I noticed: the LOS setting is only honoured by the naked scan, not for sex scenes which always check LOS regardless of the MCM setting. Is that intentional?

Yes, that is intentional.  In settings where there is a lot of sex going on in multiple rooms (like MiasLair), an LOS check is manditory or arousal goes through the roof even if there is no sex around you.

Yeah I figured. It's just frustrating that LOS works so bad for NPC<->NPC that it essentially resembles a random roll with a fairly low percentage. I've seen NPCs 'see' sex scenes that are happening behind their backs, and others that are completely oblivious even though the sex scene is happening right in front of their eyes. I've even seen LOS checks return true on stage 1 and then false on the following stages even though nobody moved an inch. At least it seems to work reasonably reliable for PC->NPC and NPC->PC.

Maybe an idea to improve it a bit: currently the LOS check is always using the first actor in the actors array (actorList[0]) as the center of the scene, which is typically the female for a couples scene. This means that it works much better for female PCs than for male PCs. Perhaps things would work a bit more reliable if you always used the player (in sex scenes where the player is involved of course) as the center of the scene. That would make the experience more consistent between female and male PCs, because currently as a male PC it's hard to get any NPC to 'see' you having sex.

Edit: I did some quick tests with the below modification and I immediately saw a big improvement on the LOS checks for my male PC. For female PC it makes no change of course, unless they happen to be in the male slot of the animation:

Event OnStageStart(string eventName, string argString, float argNum, form sender)
Actor[] actorList = SexLab.HookActors(argString)

If (actorList.length < 1)
  return
EndIf

sslThreadController thisThread = SexLab.HookController(argString)

If (thisThread.animation.HasTag("Foreplay"))
  int i = 0
  While i < actorList.length
   slaUtil.UpdateActorExposure(actorList[i], 1, "foreplay")
   i += 1
  EndWhile
EndIf

If (actorList.Find(PlayerRef) >= 0)
  Debug.Trace(Self + " using PlayerRef as center of scene")
  ArouseNPCsWithinRadius(PlayerRef, arousalSearchRadius)
Else
  Debug.Trace(Self + " using actorList[0] as center of scene")
  ArouseNPCsWithinRadius(actorList[0], arousalSearchRadius)
EndIf
EndEvent

Yeah I figured. It's just frustrating that LOS works so bad for NPC<->NPC that it essentially resembles a random roll with a fairly low percentage. I've seen NPCs 'see' sex scenes that are happening behind their backs, and others that are completely oblivious even though the sex scene is happening right in front of their eyes. I've even seen LOS checks return true on stage 1 and then false on the following stages even though nobody moved an inch. At least it seems to work reasonably reliable for PC->NPC and NPC->PC.

Maybe an idea to improve it a bit: currently the LOS check is always using the first actor in the actors array (actorList[0]) as the center of the scene, which is typically the female for a couples scene. This means that it works much better for female PCs than for male PCs. Perhaps things would work a bit more reliable if you always used the player (in sex scenes where the player is involved of course) as the center of the scene. That would make the experience more consistent between female and male PCs, because currently as a male PC it's hard to get any NPC to 'see' you having sex.

Edit: I did some quick tests with the below modification and I immediately saw a big improvement on the LOS checks for my male PC. For female PC it makes no change of course, unless they happen to be in the male slot of the animation:

Event OnStageStart(string eventName, string argString, float argNum, form sender)
Actor[] actorList = SexLab.HookActors(argString)

If (actorList.length < 1)
  return
EndIf

sslThreadController thisThread = SexLab.HookController(argString)

If (thisThread.animation.HasTag("Foreplay"))
  int i = 0
  While i < actorList.length
   slaUtil.UpdateActorExposure(actorList[i], 1, "foreplay")
   i += 1
  EndWhile
EndIf

If (actorList.Find(PlayerRef) >= 0)
  Debug.Trace(Self + " using PlayerRef as center of scene")
  ArouseNPCsWithinRadius(PlayerRef, arousalSearchRadius)
Else
  Debug.Trace(Self + " using actorList[0] as center of scene")
  ArouseNPCsWithinRadius(actorList[0], arousalSearchRadius)
EndIf
EndEvent

Thanks for this.  I am working on this now and will give your code changes a test.

Version 28 is available for download

This version now updates the SLA_ variables regardless of whether or not there are naked NPCs around with each scan (unless disabled). So, to get the same functionality as in 27c regarding papyrus impact, use the Disable Aroused checkbox if you don't want Aroused to change arousal states.   The impact of this is that arousal will change even if there are no naked NPCs around and the papyrus load will be similar to what we had with version 26 (significantly increased if there are no naked NPCs).

I also added code provided by BeamerMiasma to use the player as the LOS center if they are present in a sex scene instead of the NPC in the female position. See his post above for more information and the possible impact (I detect none).

Added two new check-boxes to the MCM menu. One disables aroused completely. It is useful to reduce the papyrus impact to zero (or close) for use in big battles or other places where any papyrus impact would stress your system. You can also turn it off when you just don't want your NPCs getting horney.

The other controls the way that aroused works when there are no naked players around. If it is checked on (the default), we don't do arousal computations if there are no naked NPCs (or the naked player) around. We do however now update the SLA_AROUSED variable even if there are no naked players around. This variable should be checked on unless you have a mod that will not work it off. I don't think there really are any, but we have added this in just in case. Note that there is some considerable papyrus impact with this change when there are no naked NPCs around, so if this impacts you, disable aroused in those places where it is a problem. 

Special thanks to BeamerMiasma who provide a lot of the code in this update.  See his Eager NPCs for a well written mod.

A few minor issues:

The d/l page says version 29, while the version is 28

The two new settings are using the wrong translation strings. slaConfigScr looks for:

nakedOnlyOID = AddToggleOption("$SLA_IsNakedOnly", IsNakedOnly)
        bDisabledOID = AddToggleOption("$SLA_Disabled", bDisabled)

while the translation file (English) has

$SLA_SLA_IsNakedOnly    Require naked actors to change arousal.
$SLA_SLA_Disabled    Aroused is disabled.

Same for the description.

Added: LOL - PetPet beat me to it. :D  And I didn't see the debug, because I didn't try a sex act. And thanks for the update btw!

Hi fishburger67,

FYI perhaps...I have upgraded&installed (from 27a loose file) ver 28 and noticed that the MCM menu options all have prefix of $SLA_

Also, I initiated a sex scene...I also saw a (debug?) $SLA_ message.

What is the debug message you saw and where did you see it.  I did the same thing and saw no message, neither in the top left notification area or in the console.

A few minor issues:

The d/l page says version 29, while the version is 28

The two new settings are using the wrong translation strings. slaConfigScr looks for:

nakedOnlyOID = AddToggleOption("$SLA_IsNakedOnly", IsNakedOnly)
        bDisabledOID = AddToggleOption("$SLA_Disabled", bDisabled)

while the translation file (English) has

$SLA_SLA_IsNakedOnly    Require naked actors to change arousal.
$SLA_SLA_Disabled    Aroused is disabled.

Same for the description.

Added: LOL - PetPet beat me to it. :D  And I didn't see the debug, because I didn't try a sex act. And thanks for the update btw!

Ooops, I'll put out a fix for these 4 messages.  In the meantime, modify (with notepad++) the last 4 lines of SexLabAroused_ENGLISH.txt and remove the second SLA_ .I'll put out another release tomorrow after I have had time to test it.

stupid question when it says upgrade do you mean updrading, as in from the old SLA to the new one?

if not then that would mean i just update as normal?

Not sure what "updrading" means.  But, you should uninstall the version of Aroused Redux you have and then install the new one (version 28).

I updated 2 mods, and now I have grass floating inside my Hearthfire home... Not sure if it was this one or the other, or what's going on, but it is making me laugh to have grass floating in the entry way, and down in the cellar.

Your floating grass will not be Redux.  Hopefully you get it fixed though.

Hi fishburger67,

FYI perhaps...I have upgraded&installed (from 27a loose file) ver 28 and noticed that the MCM menu options all have prefix of $SLA_

Also, I initiated a sex scene...I also saw a (debug?) $SLA_ message.

I had a similar problem on my development machine (everything was $SLA_).  I had to uninstall Sexlab Aroused entirely (all files including the esm file), and then install the new version.  That fixed it for me on my dev machine.

Version 28a is available for download

The a version fixes four text strings in the SKYUI translation files.  The 28 version files were removed.

This version now updates the SLA_ variables regardless of whether or not there are naked NPCs around with each scan (unless disabled). So, to get the same functionality as in 27c regarding papyrus impact, use the Disable Aroused checkbox if you don't want Aroused to change arousal states.   The impact of this is that arousal will change even if there are no naked NPCs around and the papyrus load will be similar to what we had with version 26 (significantly increased if there are no naked NPCs).

I also added code provided by BeamerMiasma to use the player as the LOS center if they are present in a sex scene instead of the NPC in the female position. See his post above for more information and the possible impact (I detect none).

Added two new check-boxes to the MCM menu. One disables aroused completely. It is useful to reduce the papyrus impact to zero (or close) for use in big battles or other places where any papyrus impact would stress your system. You can also turn it off when you just don't want your NPCs getting horney.

The other controls the way that aroused works when there are no naked players around. If it is checked on (the default), we don't do arousal computations if there are no naked NPCs (or the naked player) around. We do however now update the SLA_AROUSED variable even if there are no naked players around. This variable should be checked on unless you have a mod that will not work it off. I don't think there really are any, but we have added this in just in case. Note that there is some considerable papyrus impact with this change when there are no naked NPCs around, so if this impacts you, disable aroused in those places where it is a problem. 

Special thanks to BeamerMiasma who provide a lot of the code in this update.  See his Eager NPCs for a well written mod.

Any chance you could add a spell that can max out npc's arousal for a brief amnt of time? (similar to the sos erection spell that last bout 30 sec or so)

Easy in the console

setfactionrank sla_Arousal 100

sla_Arousal = 0x03FC36 where the first 0x is the load order (in hex) of SexlabAroused (0D in my case). 

so, complete command is

setfactionrank 0x03FC36l 100

or for me (yours will almost certainly be different)

setfactionrank 0D03FC36l 100