So I was experiencing a problem I've never had before today. I installed Female Guards, Friendly Guard Helmet and The Kids Are Alright - none of them should have an impact on MME, or so I thought - and since then, when I want to give my mild maid 1 lactacid, literally just one, I keep hearing the chugging sound and her lactacid level crashes through the roof without ever stopping.

I uninstalled the three new mods immediately, tried again - the problem persists.

Any ideas as to what might cause this and how to deal with it?

heyo folks im having a bit of trouble for some reason the skript and asset file to the mod is not registering the skyrim.ese even thou i have it any ideas on fixs i am use vortex

2 hours ago, lordagonis1995 said:

heyo folks im having a bit of trouble for some reason the skript and asset file to the mod is not registering the skyrim.ese even thou i have it any ideas on fixs i am use vortex

...Pardon?

I know, I know, new poster, but none of what you said actually makes sense.

There is no... singular script or asset file, and they do not 'register' to Skyrim.ESM, that's just not how modding Skyrim works... like, at all.

Admittedly, I have literally no experience with Vortex, I'm a withered old man clinging to NMM, so I don't know how you'd check with Vortex to see if you installed the mod correctly, but I am reasonably confident that whatever metric you're currently using to determine if a mod has installed correctly is wrong.

Best I can do is link you to a basic tutorial on Vortex, since I don't actually know what it looks like or how it functions, apologies.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Installing_your_first_mod_with_vortex

5 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

...Pardon?

I know, I know, new poster, but none of what you said actually makes sense.

There is no... singular script or asset file, and they do not 'register' to Skyrim.ESM, that's just not how modding Skyrim works... like, at all.

Admittedly, I have literally no experience with Vortex, I'm a withered old man clinging to NMM, so I don't know how you'd check with Vortex to see if you installed the mod correctly, but I am reasonably confident that whatever metric you're currently using to determine if a mod has installed correctly is wrong.

Best I can do is link you to a basic tutorial on Vortex, since I don't actually know what it looks like or how it functions, apologies.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Installing_your_first_mod_with_vortex

I installed both the script and the asset file and when I try to activate them it won't register with the skyrim.esm saying it's not seeing it and thanks for not tearing me a new one I'm new hear and not good with this sorta thing I got so frustrated i contacted a friend to also see the issue and even he was confused

4 hours ago, lordagonis1995 said:

I installed both the script and the asset file and when I try to activate them it won't register with the skyrim.esm saying it's not seeing it and thanks for not tearing me a new one I'm new hear and not good with this sorta thing I got so frustrated i contacted a friend to also see the issue and even he was confused

I... again do not understand. You're telling me the same thing, and I'm telling you that what you are describing just isn't how modding works.

Perhaps it would be clearer if I described why it doesn't work?

...For starters, there should be absolutely zero reason to do anything with the Assets .zip other then install it. It isn't it's own separate mod, it's a folder full of meshes, textures, and other data the mod needs to work. It won't show up in your load order and it doesn't interact with anything other then MME and I guess FNIS.

Secondly, I can only assume that when you say 'Register with Skyrim.ESM' you are talking about how mods with dependencies list said dependencies. For example, most mods that do anything substantial have Skyrim.ESM listed as a dependency, because they need that file installed to function properly.

Here's the thing: Skyrim.ESM is NOT supposed to have ANY dependencies. It is the base game, the foundation, the bedrock upon which everything is built atop. If, up until this point, you have been adding mods to Skyrim.ESM's dependency list somehow, you've been doing something horribly wrong.

Again, I can only assume this is you misinterpreting some UI from Vortex that I simply have no knowledge of. You mentioned showing a friend the issue... Perhaps a screencap of whatever error you are looking at? I dunno, I can't easily install Vortex to see how it works...

However, you've now mentioned that... whatever, Skyrim, I guess, can't find MME's .ESP file... I think is what you've said. Assuming Vortex installed it correctly, it should be found in your Skyrim/Data folder, and be named MilkModNEW.esp. Not Assets, not Scripts, just Milk Mod New. If it's not there, I think we've found the issue, and through some combination of unintuitive UI and/or user error, Vortex did not install MME in the right place/at all, and Skyrim can't find it because it's simply not there.

Can I reset my node? my characters belly is massive and I don't want it to be. I truned off the belly scalling but the mod still changing her belly.

Just now, Apex-Fox said:

Can I reset my node? my characters belly is massive and I don't want it to be. I truned off the belly scalling but the mod still changing her belly.

MCM->Debug-> Reset Nio...

17 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

I... again do not understand. You're telling me the same thing, and I'm telling you that what you are describing just isn't how modding works.

Perhaps it would be clearer if I described why it doesn't work?

...For starters, there should be absolutely zero reason to do anything with the Assets .zip other then install it. It isn't it's own separate mod, it's a folder full of meshes, textures, and other data the mod needs to work. It won't show up in your load order and it doesn't interact with anything other then MME and I guess FNIS.

Secondly, I can only assume that when you say 'Register with Skyrim.ESM' you are talking about how mods with dependencies list said dependencies. For example, most mods that do anything substantial have Skyrim.ESM listed as a dependency, because they need that file installed to function properly.

Here's the thing: Skyrim.ESM is NOT supposed to have ANY dependencies. It is the base game, the foundation, the bedrock upon which everything is built atop. If, up until this point, you have been adding mods to Skyrim.ESM's dependency list somehow, you've been doing something horribly wrong.

Again, I can only assume this is you misinterpreting some UI from Vortex that I simply have no knowledge of. You mentioned showing a friend the issue... Perhaps a screencap of whatever error you are looking at? I dunno, I can't easily install Vortex to see how it works...

However, you've now mentioned that... whatever, Skyrim, I guess, can't find MME's .ESP file... I think is what you've said. Assuming Vortex installed it correctly, it should be found in your Skyrim/Data folder, and be named MilkModNEW.esp. Not Assets, not Scripts, just Milk Mod New. If it's not there, I think we've found the issue, and through some combination of unintuitive UI and/or user error, Vortex did not install MME in the right place/at all, and Skyrim can't find it because it's simply not there.

you say that but allow me to show you EXHIBIT A, AND EXHIBIT B.2132281569_Vortex7_07_20208_15_13AM.png.54bae18f3c1a1549589dcc695c5001f2.png2132281569_Vortex7_07_20208_15_13AM.png.54bae18f3c1a1549589dcc695c5001f2.png2126638596_Vortex7_07_20208_21_05AM.png.ac826ef4a3f8513216ee73f3f15c6a8b.png2126638596_Vortex7_07_20208_21_05AM.png.ac826ef4a3f8513216ee73f3f15c6a8b.png

47 minutes ago, lordagonis1995 said:

you say that but allow me to show you EXHIBIT A, AND EXHIBIT B.

...Gotcha, I've actually seen this before on NMM.

Due to 'shenanigans' while sorting your load order, Vortex has disabled Skyrim.ESM. It disabled the base game, as if it were a mod.

It's not letting you install MME because not all its requirements are active. Remember, most mods of substance require Skyrim.ESM.

I don't remember the exact fix... I think I either solved it with a button next to the manual plugin sorting labeled 'Enable all inactive plugins,' or by simply auto-sorting my load order, though I doubt the latter was remembered correctly.

Sadly, Vortex doesn't have the 'stop being stupid' button. What it does have is the ability to Ctrl or Shift-click multiple mods, then enable/disable all of them.

Try that, I guess? I am not impressed with how Vortex downgraded from NMM on this, since you can't even see if it's treating Skyrim/Update.ESM as enabled. I mean, if everything is always working perfectly, they should never get disabled, but this is Skyrim we're fucking talking about.

This is kinda bad, since if you can't fix this, you won't be able to install any mod of substance, since if it so much as changes/uses assets from the base game, it's gonna require Skyrim.ESM, and Vortex won't allow ANY to be installed while this problem persists.

If this doesn't work, your only hope may be reinstalling Skyrim. I was pleasantly surprised to learn this isn't such a nightmare as when doing so with NMM, but it's still shouldn't be this way, especially when you didn't have to be so drastic with NMM.

9 minutes ago, Fasterflight225 said:

...Gotcha, I've actually seen this before on NMM.

Due to 'shenanigans' while sorting your load order, Vortex has disabled Skyrim.ESM. It disabled the base game, as if it were a mod.

It's not letting you install MME because not all its requirements are active. Remember, most mods of substance require Skyrim.ESM.

I don't remember the exact fix... I think I either solved it with a button next to the manual plugin sorting labeled 'Enable all inactive plugins,' or by simply auto-sorting my load order, though I doubt the latter was remembered correctly.

Sadly, Vortex doesn't have the 'stop being stupid' button. What it does have is the ability to Ctrl or Shift-click multiple mods, then enable/disable all of them.

Try that, I guess? I am not impressed with how Vortex downgraded from NMM on this, since you can't even see if it's treating Skyrim/Update.ESM as enabled. I mean, if everything is always working perfectly, they should never get disabled, but this is Skyrim we're fucking talking about.

thats what ive done ive tried to enable them but same issue so are you saying its a load order thing?

2 hours ago, lordagonis1995 said:

thats what ive done ive tried to enable them but same issue so are you saying its a load order thing?

...Not really? I've just seen Nexus Mod Manager uncheck Skyrim.esm and update.esm when auto-sorting the load order. It's not a load order issue, it's an issue caused by the software that sorts the load order.

If it won't let you enable them, all I can recommend is reinstalling Skyrim and hoping Vortex forgets it unchecked it, and should that fail, throwing up your hands and reinstalling everything from the ground up. Needlessly restrictive software, am I right?

2 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

...Not really? I've just seen Nexus Mod Manager uncheck Skyrim.esm and update.esm when auto-sorting the load order. It's not a load order issue, it's an issue caused by the software that sorts the load order.

If it won't let you enable them, all I can recommend is reinstalling Skyrim and hoping Vortex forgets it unchecked it, and should that fail, throwing up your hands and reinstalling everything from the ground up. Needlessly restrictive software, am I right?

very much so if i just use nexus its fine but if i even go here other other sites its a nightmare

I use Mod Organizer. I don't auto-sort as it ALWAYS screwed something up.

maybe this is a stupid question but when does the character generate milk? i noticed that my character and followers only produce milk when they have lactacid but some time after they and my char have no lactacid milk production stops... and another question how does the spriggan armor work? with the armor on milk production continues endlessy eventhough the lactacid counter stays 0

8 hours ago, bobby12408 said:

maybe this is a stupid question but when does the character generate milk? i noticed that my character and followers only produce milk when they have lactacid but some time after they and my char have no lactacid milk production stops... and another question how does the spriggan armor work? with the armor on milk production continues endlessy eventhough the lactacid counter stays 0

Pretty sure your observations are correct, or at the very least, without lactacid a character's milk generation is to slow to be significant. I think that eventually, a character with enough milk maid levels will have a high enough base production rate that they don't strictly need lactacid anymore, but I'm talking roughly level 8, which good luck actually reaching in normal gameplay. Regardless, you can consider lactacid mandatory for milk production for general gameplay purposes.

As for Spriggan armor, well now we're getting out of the realm of science and certainty. The basic concept it Parasite/Symbiotic armors automatically feed your character lactacid when they're low, and automatically milk them when they're full, though the armor drinks the milk and you don't get it. The sticking point is that I do not understand the differences between the two, mostly because I'm quite inexperienced with symbiotic armors like the Spriggan.

8 hours ago, bobby12408 said:

when does the character generate milk?

With default settings: Only after they have ingested Lactacid until its reservoir runs dry.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:56 PM, JkMnlo said:

So I was experiencing a problem I've never had before today. I installed Female Guards, Friendly Guard Helmet and The Kids Are Alright - none of them should have an impact on MME, or so I thought - and since then, when I want to give my mild maid 1 lactacid, literally just one, I keep hearing the chugging sound and her lactacid level crashes through the roof without ever stopping.

I uninstalled the three new mods immediately, tried again - the problem persists.

Any ideas as to what might cause this and how to deal with it?

Okay so I presume nobody has a clue about how to deal with that? 🤔

29 minutes ago, JkMnlo said:

Okay so I presume nobody has a clue about how to deal with that? 🤔

probably one of your drugs mod, lactacid gives skooma effect

6 hours ago, Ed86 said:

probably one of your drugs mod, lactacid gives skooma effect

Thanks Ed, but I don't have any drug mods...

is there a way I can increase the limit of her breast size? it seem to be cap out since she reach 20 or so milking capacity. Never any bigger, even when I increase it to 200 milking capacity. hoping this is just a bug