Sexout Intimacy

2 minutes ago, t3589 said:

I never expected the generic example dialog to catch on the way it did.  Turns out that most players only need a broad dialog map, then from that they infer their own more specific meanings based on their current circumstances.

It's a bit like the sims then, isn't it. They only gobbledygook but you get the point anyway.

2 minutes ago, t3589 said:

As I've said before, if there were a way to track 300 NPCs opinion of 300 NPCs without bloating the game to death, I'd be all over that.

Yeah, bloat is an issue no matter how you go about it.

I use arrays for it, so have to share the NVSE .cosave with other mods that use all that. My main focus is really on storing the intel in a way that can be easily retrieved in various ways and without lag (like "give me all chars with this opinion towards X", "random char who's the subject of opinion X by Y", etc), so you end up crossreferencing a few things, leading to duplication.

It means that modders should coordinate a little too, minimizing the different strings, eg if mod A has "my sister" and B has "sister", they should work that out and try to use only one, preferably the shortest. And if mod A has "ModA:Kissed me", then why does mod B, checking "ModB:Kissed me", pretend it didn't happen, doing its own first kiss scene? Bit awkard.

It's a bit of a social experiment that way too, I suppose: here's a cool toy, let's see if you can share. Also: just because you can do anything, doesn't mean you can do everything.

With my luck, a bunch of scripters are gonna cry bloody murder over even the potential of array bloat happening, saying I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the stuff. ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi T!  I'm back in FNV TTW now and am having a big problem with your mod. Did you ever get it to work with a companion mod?  At this point, I've tried the download from the first post and the download from the 2nd post and neither one works.  As soon as I use SOI, they leave me.  Can I help you test this so you might fix it?

16 hours ago, LadyM said:

Hi T!  I'm back in FNV TTW now and am having a big problem with your mod. Did you ever get it to work with a companion mod?  At this point, I've tried the download from the first post and the download from the 2nd post and neither one works.  As soon as I use SOI, they leave me.  Can I help you test this so you might fix it?

I'll need more specific info.  What does debug say?  What do you mean by they leave you?

On 8/22/2018 at 3:54 PM, t3589 said:

I'll need more specific info.  What does debug say?  What do you mean by they leave you?

Ok T, sorry it took so long to reply.  I've now been testing it with conventional companions instead of Remote Control Companions so I don't have any logs, it's been working just fine.  I'm using Boone and I can talk to him via SOI and he does not run off.  We haven't gone on a date which always kicks the npc out of the remote control mod so it's gotta be a conflict but I'll give you logs to verify what I'm afraid of.

14 hours ago, LadyM said:

Ok T, sorry it took so long to reply.  I've now been testing it with conventional companions instead of Remote Control Companions so I don't have any logs, it's been working just fine.  I'm using Boone and I can talk to him via SOI and he does not run off.  We haven't gone on a date which always kicks the npc out of the remote control mod so it's gotta be a conflict but I'll give you logs to verify what I'm afraid of.

Makes sense.  It's probably a packaging issue.  Unfortunately this mod is designed around autonomy.  So you'll probably need to decide if/when you want to pose NPCs and if/when you want them to think for themselves.  Without digging into other mods to see what's going on, I'd say the pause button is probably the only solution.

EDIT: I could probably add a flag so the system doesn't package (I think there's one already), but still runs them through tracking.  The only problem is that without packaging, they would never initiate dialog with the player.

I could also add a flag that forces the use of StartConversation instead of dialog packages.  However, that would bring back all of the 'misfire' problems experienced in the alpha.  It would also remove the ability to initiate dialog across objects (tables. countertops, greater distances).

The best solution I think would be for the other mods to account for package types, and behave accordingly.  For example: If another mod is running a dialog package, SOI will not package on that NPC.  Same with travel packages.  Same with patrol packages.  IMO, if a mod is running packages it also 'ought' to be checking for other packages.

ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Pkg:Disable" 1

OK T, I installed the new version today and have been running it.  First of all, it does work fine with vanilla companions.  But it's acting funny.  I had gotten to having sex with Boone, he wanted privacy and we went inside the Novac hotel room and he stood there.  When I used the SOI key, I got the message  he was in action.  Then I scrolled to the first and last pages of the console and it was page after page of the screens below.  We never did have sex.  It's been a long time I've played your mod but I love it so much, it's really good to be back in it, T!

btw, You used to have someway to show what the NPC's favorites were.  Do you still have that available?

Boone1.jpg

Boone2.jpg

Boon3.jpg

3 hours ago, LadyM said:

OK T, I installed the new version today and have been running it.  First of all, it does work fine with vanilla companions.  But it's acting funny.  I had gotten to having sex with Boone, he wanted privacy and we went inside the Novac hotel room and he stood there.  When I used the SOI key, I got the message  he was in action.  Then I scrolled to the first and last pages of the console and it was page after page of the screens below.  We never did have sex.  It's been a long time I've played your mod but I love it so much, it's really good to be back in it, T!

btw, You used to have someway to show what the NPC's favorites were.  Do you still have that available?

The scanner keeps track of local actors.  This says there are no local actors, including Boone.  Initiating sex in an exterior then moving to an interior before sex fires would do this.  You can see it keeps trying again, waiting for the scanner to populate (which is currently empty).

The sex action can only be initiated via the console or dialog.  Which tells me sex probably technically began outside.  I would need to see the dialog choices you made leading up to this, assuming you're using the test dialog.

Reporting is controlled by the settings below.  If they're already flashing on queue then reporting is already enabled on them.  You'll just have to set the categories you want to output which currently default to disabled.

Spoiler

ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Sys:Report" ;0/1 = Enable Reporting

ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Orientation" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Appearance" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Proclivity" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Attribute" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Favorite" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Behavior" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Economy" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Opinion" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Record" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Dialog" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Fetish" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Action" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Meter" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Mode" ;0/1
ref.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Gain" ;0/1

Hi T.  Ok, SOI works fine with Boone so I'm assuming it works well with the vanilla companions.  I'm using Cortex Scrambler this time.  As soon as I use the SOI commands like chat, Billy then turns and walks away.  I have to stop him and make him follow me by dialogue.   The 4 screens included are from right before he turned and left me so I hope it helps  you stop what's going on. :)

billy.rar

20 hours ago, LadyM said:

Hi T.  Ok, SOI works fine with Boone so I'm assuming it works well with the vanilla companions.  I'm using Cortex Scrambler this time.  As soon as I use the SOI commands like chat, Billy then turns and walks away.  I have to stop him and make him follow me by dialogue.   The 4 screens included are from right before he turned and left me so I hope it helps  you stop what's going on. :)

billy.rar

The test dialog is an example conversation map, not commands to control the NPC.  Just for clarity.  The [Chat] dialog option will often return [Small Talk] which indicates that they have nothing more to say in response.  At that point the conversation will end, exit dialog, and return to game play.

The screen shots only have a few debug lines from SOI combined, none of which indicate any problem.  I'd say your unethicaldeeds mod is severely broken though.  Can't really help with that.

I will be adding more debug options in the next test build.

ok guys im having a problem....how this mod work??ive been tryng with all type of character in the game but every character say that is excluded even when i tried this mod without other mods.Can someone help me pls? this mod seems fantastic and i want to try it.

PS: sorry for my bad english

17 hours ago, Cannavazzo said:

ok guys im having a problem....how this mod work??ive been tryng with all type of character in the game but every character say that is excluded even when i tried this mod without other mods.Can someone help me pls? this mod seems fantastic and i want to try it.

PS: sorry for my bad english

The documentation is included and installs to /Data/Docs/SexoutIntimacy/

Quoting settings.txt: 'Include Manager: Moved to 'Left Shift + Dialog Hotkey'

EDIT: Native English speakers don't apologize for their bad English, why should you? lol

8 hours ago, t3589 said:

The documentation is included and installs to /Data/Docs/SexoutIntimacy/

Quoting settings.txt: 'Include Manager: Moved to 'Left Shift + Dialog Hotkey'

mmmm....well i tried on sunny smile,i pressed left shift + dialogue hotkeys and enabled her with her faction but continue to say that she is excluded......Maybe because now i play with other mod? But i play with mod like weather of necvada,more complex need,crafting expanded....only mode like that.......could it be sexout spunk?

EDIT: i tried again with fallout vanilla....nothing the characters are excluded.

2 hours ago, Cannavazzo said:

mmmm....well i tried on sunny smile,i pressed left shift + dialogue hotkeys and enabled her with her faction but continue to say that she is excluded......Maybe because now i play with other mod? But i play with mod like weather of necvada,more complex need,crafting expanded....only mode like that.......could it be sexout spunk?

EDIT: i tried again with fallout vanilla....nothing the characters are excluded.

Don't know what to tell you.  If you enabled her, she would not return excluded.  If she returns excluded, she is not enabled.  It's pretty much that simple.

Did you wait for her to cycle once?  Did you install all the packages? Which versions?  Do you know how to upload a debug dump or can you take a screenshot of the console and upload it?

EDIT:  Did you enable 'Pause' in the control terminal?  If so, enable 'Resume' in the control terminal.

56 minutes ago, t3589 said:

Don't know what to tell you.  If you enabled her, she would not return excluded.  If she returns excluded, she is not enabled.  It's pretty much that simple.

Did you wait for her to cycle once?  Did you install all the packages? Which versions?  Do you know how to upload a debug dump or can you take a screenshot of the console and upload it?

ok it worked.......my pc is a bit old so i need to "wait a bit" to fully enable the character.........sorry for troubling you......by the way do i need small talk mod or its normal that with sunny smile when i click [chat] it do [small talk]?

27 minutes ago, Cannavazzo said:

ok it worked.......my pc is a bit old so i need to wait a bit to enable the character.........sorry for troubling you......by the way do i need small talk mod or its normal that for now with sunny smile i can only "chat"?

Good to hear, no trouble.  The SmallerTalk mod is not required.  The [Small Talk] dialog response is not a reference to the mod of a similar name.  It's just a placeholder using an English phrase to describe the content.

Spoiler
Small talk is an informal type of discourse that does not cover any functional topics of conversation or any transactions that need to be addressed.

It is normal for the [Chat] dialog option to return [Small Talk] in the event that the NPC has no positive or negative feelings towards the Player.  The more time you spend with an NPC, the more comfortable they will be towards the Player.  Once the NPC becomes [Familiar] with the Player, they should open up a bit more.

Each NPC will become familiar with the Player at different rates, depending upon their statistics.  At 100 cycles, all NPCs should be familiar (though it should never take that long).  Some will cozy up very quickly, while others may be more distant until they get to know the Player.

13 minutes ago, t3589 said:

Good to hear, no trouble.  The SmallerTalk mod is not required.  The [Small Talk] dialog response is not a reference to the mod of a similar name.  It's just a placeholder using an English phrase to describe the content.

Hide contents
Small talk is an informal type of discourse that does not cover any functional topics of conversation or any transactions that need to be addressed.

It is normal for the [Chat] dialog option to return [Small Talk] in the event that the NPC has no positive or negative feelings towards the Player.  The more time you spend with an NPC, the more comfortable they will be towards the Player.  Once the NPC becomes [Familiar] with the Player, they should open up a bit more.

Each NPC will become familiar with the Player at different rates, depending upon their statistics.  At 100 cycles, all NPCs should be familiar (though it should never take that long).  Some will cozy up very quickly, while others may be more distant until they get to know the Player.

ok thx man by the way what is a cycle?

6 minutes ago, Cannavazzo said:

ok thx man by the way what is a cycle?

If you turn on debug in the control terminal, 'Cycles' output to the console.  It represents how many times they have run through the queue (flash).

13 minutes ago, t3589 said:

If you turn on debug in the control terminal, 'Cycles' output to the console.  It represents how many times they have run through the queue (flash).

ok thx alot man your mod is absolutely fantastic,it add that bit of interaction and "romance" if we want to call it like this that was missing in the game,now if you'll excuse me im going to......ehm......."chat" with sunny smile........

1 hour ago, ViktorReznov101 said:

I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding, but I can't seem to find sexoutintimacy.esm in the downloads.

It's in the second post.  The downloads copy was broken.  I'll upload it to the download page when I have a more stable copy.  I'll do this sometimes when I'm actively producing new copies in rapid succession to avoid uploading a new copy every few minutes/hours.  There will probably be a new one again tomorrow.

7 hours ago, ChancellorKremlin said:

Previously in Sexout Intimacy:

If you accept an offer for protection and the goon comes to collect, you are given an infinite amount of condoms :D

Also, if you kill someone you're in the middle of an activity with, you still get "Abandoning Activity Warnings".

lol  The new one shouldn't have those problems.  Lubes are still buildref'd in, but I haven't gotten around to adding any handouts yet.  I haven't tested pimps beyond basic functions either.  Activities should be less restrictive as well.  You can bail out any time you want, though on some of them the activity might follow you depending upon the package running.  It may affect their mood slightly the next time you encounter them.

Still trying to figure out how I want to use the 'house' too.  Since now the player can also pimp (the functions are there, untested).

20 hours ago, t3589 said:

lol  The new one shouldn't have those problems.  Lubes are still buildref'd in, but I haven't gotten around to adding any handouts yet.  I haven't tested pimps beyond basic functions either.  Activities should be less restrictive as well.  You can bail out any time you want, though on some of them the activity might follow you depending upon the package running.  It may affect their mood slightly the next time you encounter them.

Still trying to figure out how I want to use the 'house' too.  Since now the player can also pimp (the functions are there, untested).

Thanks! Is the latest version compatible with the previous one in terms of saves? Want to know if I can continue or start a new game.

2 hours ago, ChancellorKremlin said:

Thanks! Is the latest version compatible with the previous one in terms of saves? Want to know if I can continue or start a new game.

Probably not, though someone above said they did and haven't had problems.  Might try a clean save if something goes wrong.