Sexout Intimacy

Hi T,

Played some of the new version yesterday. Thanks for your feedback with all my many questions!  :)

I briefly tried the prostitute mechanism. I didn't succeed (yet) because I'm having trouble getting either of my four lovers to agree to another go, so I can't interrupt it and ask for a gift.

Also, I can't seem to ask Garret for an audition anymore, any ideas? Oh, and again, what does "work for the door" mean?

I also noticed that when you evade a stalker for too long, or after they have gone about their business with you, you get another "Sneaking suspicion" message added, every time they leave. Speaking of which, you asked me before about it - I meant if my player doesn't have an amazing perception, you shouldn't get that prompt. It is kind of immersing breaking for me to always know someone is stalking me. I think that message should only appear with high perception values, and also maybe as a debug setting. Also throw in a random value to it, so I can still have say, perception 9 and fail to see a stalker, or I can have perception 3 but get lucky.

Hi T,

Played some of the new version yesterday. Thanks for your feedback with all my many questions!  :)

I briefly tried the prostitute mechanism. I didn't succeed (yet) because I'm having trouble getting either of my four lovers to agree to another go, so I can't interrupt it and ask for a gift.

Also, I can't seem to ask Garret for an audition anymore, any ideas? Oh, and again, what does "work for the door" mean?

I also noticed that when you evade a stalker for too long, or after they have gone about their business with you, you get another "Sneaking suspicion" message added, every time they leave. Speaking of which, you asked me before about it - I meant if my player doesn't have an amazing perception, you shouldn't get that prompt. It is kind of immersing breaking for me to always know someone is stalking me. I think that message should only appear with high perception values, and also maybe as a debug setting. Also throw in a random value to it, so I can still have say, perception 9 and fail to see a stalker, or I can have perception 3 but get lucky.

Well, you were early (actually I was late). lol  I've been finding, fixing, and adding things left and right.  So, a lot of broken stuff in the last 3 copies.  The big thing was, after sex sequences were broken.  Which is probably why they wouldn't give you another go, sorry.

The good news is I have it running smooth as silk on my end now (better than ever actually).  Still a few hiccups here and there to iron out.  Stalkers like to act funny occasionally. Still get the 'walk-outs' sometimes during interior activity starts too.  And as always the ever present feeling there's something I missed.

Secret Tip:

- Wear a mask (put it on in private).

- Wear something no one has favorited before (so no one will recognize you).

- Then try asking them to pay (if it works you'll have a patron).

Yeah I still need to test the show.  Haven't messed with it since the overhaul.  I'll look into it.  Work for the door means you work for admission.

Door = Price of Admission * Heads (Medium Potential / Medium Risk 'Steady Paycheck').

Cut = A cut of the nights profits ie. drinks/drugs/tail/gambling sales (High Potential / High Risk 'Could make more than door, could make less than tips').

The rest are fairly self explanatory (Low Potential / Low-No Risk).  Currently based on the barter skill, but I plan to mix something else in there.

Funny you mention that.  I put that in last copy.  Now, you only get the 'sneaking suspicion' if you pass a perception check.  I figured that's what you meant, but if you didn't it was a good idea anyway, so I went with it.

Update in the OP.

EDIT: Fixed the show.  Update incoming.

Edited by t3589

Update in the OP.  Show fix is in.  Ty CK for reporting it.

EDIT: Re-uploaded with a few corrections.

EDIT EDIT: @CK - I put in an economy setting because of our discussions way back when.  Let me know if you can earn a living or if I need to adjust the economy?

Edited by t3589

I was looking around the functionality added by this mod. I haven't figured out exactly how the flow of a relationship is supposed to unfold but I'm still having fun just playing around. As you wrote (I think), it's best not to think about the mechanics and just roleplay it. However, I got stuck on something that should have been pretty straightforward: the [sex bribe] option at the entrance of the King's place. At first, I was too repulsive but a sip of whiskey and some mentats made my character more attractive (which is pretty good). The NPC (Pacer), then seeked some privacy, which made sense. However, there was apparently no way to fulfill that condition. I'm guessing a simple line of sight check would suffice to determine a private context but then I thought maybe he has X-ray vision and he's intimidated by NPCs through walls. I then tried many other places as far as I could get from any other NPC but nothing worked. Anything I missed?

I was looking around the functionality added by this mod. I haven't figured out exactly how the flow of a relationship is supposed to unfold but I'm still having fun just playing around. As you wrote (I think), it's best not to think about the mechanics and just roleplay it. However, I got stuck on something that should have been pretty straightforward: the [sex bribe] option at the entrance of the King's place. At first, I was too repulsive but a sip of whiskey and some mentats made my character more attractive (which is pretty good). The NPC (Pacer), then seeked some privacy, which made sense. However, there was apparently no way to fulfill that condition. I'm guessing a simple line of sight check would suffice to determine a private context but then I thought maybe he has X-ray vision and he's intimidated by NPCs through walls. I then tried many other places as far as I could get from any other NPC but nothing worked. Anything I missed?

No, you're right it was broken.  I knew something was wrong because there are too many rooms for privacy in that bldg.  Update in the OP fixes this.  Thanks for reporting it.

The flow of the relationship is entirely up to you and the NPCs.  Any goals are your own.  I personally love to play without using foreknowledge. Live in the moment so to speak.  That's really where this mod shines, when you least expect it.

EDIT: This should also fix Squatter Bill and Dixon hooks as well btw.

Edited by t3589

Cool, another thing while I'm at it. I tried the show at the Wrangler. Everything seemed to work fine: again, I had to boost my charisma to get the part, which I think is pretty cool and in the spirit of the game. However, when I actually did the dance, during the whole performance my character was sort of in between frozen and shaking uncontrollably. For a moment I thought it might have been all part of the mod's normal operation -- a sort of stage fright effect -- and that I needed more practice before live shows. But then when the music stopped the dance resumed normally for the few last seconds which makes me think there was something interfering that caused that weird looking animation.

Cool, another thing while I'm at it. I tried the show at the Wrangler. Everything seemed to work fine: again, I had to boost my charisma to get the part, which I think is pretty cool and in the spirit of the game. However, when I actually did the dance, during the whole performance my character was sort of in between frozen and shaking uncontrollably. For a moment I thought it might have been all part of the mod's normal operation -- a sort of stage fright effect -- and that I needed more practice before live shows. But then when the music stopped the dance resumed normally for the few last seconds which makes me think there was something interfering that caused that weird looking animation.

I went and tested the audition again.  Worked fine on my end.  Did you customize the music maybe?  Or maybe it's a codec issue?  Just guessing at things because I don't know what could cause that?  I've never experienced anything like what you're describing.  Was it a booked show or the audition?  It shouldn't matter, but it's good to eliminate guesswork.

Stage fright is actually a brilliant idea!

Maybe make performance related to thinks like speech, charisma, and/or a perk or two. Would add a wonderful twist!

And then make them shake? lol  I wonder how I would make that happen.

Performing has charisma and barter requirements already.  For the Wrangler at least, there are also dress requirements.  ie. To perform at the Wrangler without stripping, you must look either slutty or like a prostitute (you can't look too pregnant either).

Another thing is that most of the sex bribe hooks follow the same requirements as the vanilla quests.  ie. If the vanilla quest has a speech check, sex bribe doesn't bypass that check, it simply reduces it.  You can still fail a sex bribe.

Also, I prefer to leave the internal workings of the player up to them.  This is just my opinion mind you, but I don't like being told by the game how I, as the PC feel.  I like to use my own imagination to fill in the blanks on the player side of things, and I like that the blanks are there so that I can do that.

So when I decide for the player internally, I feel like I'm taking something away from the player (those blanks), rather than providing them with something.

What I'm thinking is, give the player the tools so they can decide for themselves if they have stage fright.  I admit I like the idea, I just can't think of what I could provide to allow the player to exhibit stage fright if they so choose.  It's a tricky idea.

What do you guys think?

Both actually, and I didn't customize anything. I recall it worked in the (distant) past but maybe something is now broken on my end. It looks as though the animation forced to restart every 0.1 sec and so never gets anywhere.

Edit: And I agree with what you're saying and often too heavy handed constrains just don't play out all that well. I'm usually in favor of simply opening option and paths, and leave it to the player to decide whether to take them or not. There is of course, always a practical limit. This is a game, after all.

And speaking of options in this particular context, I'd rather be able to perform the normal dance no matter what the PC is wearing (assuming I'm hired anyway) but get considerably reduced tips or reward if I don't look the part. I happened to be wondering why there was only the striptease option, which seemed a little too bold for the first attempt.

Edit: And I agree with what you're saying and often too heavy handed constrains just don't play out all that well. I'm usually in favor of simply opening option and paths, and leave it to the player to decide whether to take them or not. There is of course, always a practical limit. This is a game, after all.

And speaking of options in this particular context, I'd rather be able to perform the normal dance no matter what the PC is wearing (assuming I'm hired anyway) but get considerably reduced tips or reward if I don't look the part. I happened to be wondering why there was only the striptease option, which seemed a little too bold for the first attempt.

I'll put the option back in for the audition, regardless of apparel.  It used to be that way and it got changed trying to piece everything back together after the overhaul.  Just never got back to it, thanks for reminding me.

However, I think that the Wrangler should have those clothing restrictions, simply because that's what they sell (sex/drugs/booze/gambling).  It makes perfect sense to me, to think of it as the 'Sleazy' joint in town.  The Tops for example (when I get to that), is planned to require 'classy/sexy/topless', just like the Wrangler requires 'slutty/prostitute/topless'.

Nude acts already pay more (by way of popularity).  Masked (anonymous) acts also have effects.  Try and remember the show is more or less a placeholder atm.  I plan to expand on it with more dance anims/music/options later.  I just need to flesh out all the show locations first.

Something to note is that you can always change your appearance via the controls to qualify.  You cheater. lol  I use the dragongirl thong and boots to test (topless).  It's a good way to be nude without really being nude.

OK, I'm having a few issues atm that are driving me nutty.

Mesh problems: I'm trying to implement this mesh as a solution to a long standing bug up my ass about the manner in which sex takes place.  It will open up a ton of options.  I think I've got everything working properly, but there's a problem with packaging.  2 meshes, 1 default, 1 Amras compatible.

I include the default mesh in the main install, then I have another 7z that overwrites that default mesh with the Amras compatible mesh.  This is where it gets screwy, because the Amras mesh won't work if it overwrites the default.  On the other hand, if I first delete the default mesh, then install the Amras mesh (no overwrite), it works as expected.  AI makes no difference, I don't get it (I know jack about meshes really).

I know I could just package them separately, I just want to understand why.

I'm also thinking of gutting the foreplay dialog mini-game and replacing it with a simpler foreplay dialog with anims in between.  If anyone has any opinions about that, I'd love to hear it?

I have been thinking about how this could make use of Amra's many amazing foreplay anims.

I do think though that I kind of enjoy the dialogue mini game at the moment. Maybe give the player two options? Obviously the anim path would speed things up a bit, after all it does take considerably longer, maybe no more than 1-3 foreplay anims so they don't get stale quickly, and preferably no more than 2. 

I have been thinking about how this could make use of Amra's many amazing foreplay anims.

I do think though that I kind of enjoy the dialogue mini game at the moment. Maybe give the player two options? Obviously the anim path would speed things up a bit, after all it does take considerably longer, maybe no more than 1-3 foreplay anims so they don't get stale quickly, and preferably no more than 2. 

Well I was thinking of still having a mini-game of sorts.  Something like:

- Achieve 2nd base through 1st base foreplay dialog.

- Rewarded with 2nd base foreplay anim.

- Back to 2nd base foreplay dialog to achieve 3rd.

- Rewarded with 3rd base foreplay anim.

- rinse, repeat until sex.

?

For a long time now, it has always bugged me that everyone felt the need to get nude for sex all the time.  I think I've finally found a way around this (you'll see).  As a result of my efforts to get around that pet peeve, I've inadvertently uncovered a method to do 'other things' (as you'll see).  If I can get all the kinks worked out of this new feature, you can likely expect 'traps' to be added (PC and NPC).

Let me know how it goes.  Update in the OP.

EDIT: Alright I think I'm done screwing things up and fixing them in rapid succession ftm.  New update in the OP with lots of new stuff.

Edited by t3589

Hi, I like the idea of your mod, and I have been approached several times already by npcs, but I can't really understand what is going on.They addressing me as golddigger and such, they say I am a prostitute but these statements mean/affect anything or just giving a bit of atmosphere? Do they have any game related effects?

I have a lot of mods installed, the stalkers with the dialogues fight resist or submit are from your mod?

If that so why am I being stalked? Because I have been marked as prostitute?

I am a bit confused what are the ingame effects of the mod or what is it doing apart from npcs have statements about me and approaching me. These two are related in some way?Somewhere there is a record of my character and the comments depend on what she has done or it is just all random?

Hi, I like the idea of your mod, and I have been approached several times already by npcs, but I can't really understand what is going on.They addressing me as golddigger and such, they say I am a prostitute but these statements mean/affect anything or just giving a bit of atmosphere? Do they have any game related effects?

Those are rumors.  They allow NPCs to 'think things' about you.

I have a lot of mods installed, the stalkers with the dialogues fight resist or submit are from your mod?

If that so why am I being stalked? Because I have been marked as prostitute?

Because a stalker took interest in your PC for one reason or another?

I am a bit confused what are the ingame effects of the mod or what is it doing apart from npcs have statements about me and approaching me. These two are related in some way?Somewhere there is a record of my character and the comments depend on what she has done or it is just all random?

The effects are a relationship.  Yes it remembers what the PC has done.  No, just because you get a rumor, it doesn't necessarily mean you've done that.

I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but I'm enjoying the experience.  I look forward to each update.

That's a good indication you're using this mod well.

Best use = Making the choices you think your PC would make.

Worst use = Making the choices you think are 'correct'.

One should be a lot of fun.  The other will probably be aggravating.  There aren't really any wrong choices.

I've been following this project for months, but my game time is very limited, so when I've gotten some questions or weirdness happen, you're already 3 to 5 new versions ahead of me, and you kinda resolved whatever was buggin', so sorry for the lack of past feedbacks.

And speaking of weirdness, and I'm not saying this as an error report or "WTF" moment, though it is a WTF moment in a good way, in my latest play through (of version ...16) I'm at Vault 3 with the Fiends, and Cook-Cook gives me a [Flirtatious Gift]: a sack of Flour and 1 bottle cap.  I have no idea what to make of that.  My character has no idea what to make of that.  It's Cook-Cook: does he want me to roll around nekkid in the flour and jump into a vat of boiling oil?  Or just cover myself in it and tell him it's time to 'fry up some chick' and shake my tail feather at him?  This is intriguing  :wub:  I know there's an algorithm and an RNG there working with inventory, etc, but still, both completely left field and completely appropriate.  Two thumbs up.

Basically, love what you're doing, and this is an incredible boon for us sandboxy, "RP" players.  Thank you..