• 1 month later...

@Inte

I need some help, please! 

Looking to add POP to my current game now that all is OK on DD compatibility (for which I'd like to personally add a big 'thank you').  It's nice to be able to add back the additional risk that POP offers too

However, I've read the notes on SD Cages and SD Patches and, while I acknowledge that I may just be extraordinarily thick, I'm struggling to see the difference between their functionality, insofar as that relates to SD+

Sure, Cages provides cages (and bandits, and bandits, and bandits ?

But Cages and Patches both read as almost doing the same thing on helping SD+ use the cages.  (I saw the bit about recognising doors and cages differently, but that doesn't read as seemingly being really a significant factor in its own right)

So while I need Cages to get lots of cages, do I also really need Patches too, to get them used 'properly'? 

If not, what does Patches 'add' that's not in Cages?   And can they be run together safely, or are they really alternatives? 

I may just have totally missed, or misunderstood something, but can you help me out please?

TIA for any explanation you can provide

(PS:  While I'm here, DDe is still fully 'optional', isn't it?)

On 5/11/2019 at 1:28 AM, macnchz said:

any chance on updating the No Npc verison?  I switch back and forth from them depending on my load order.   Thanks!

If you do not want any badasses, just use the 'SDc - Badassless Patch' and place it after your current version of SDc in your LO, as that patch should work with any version of SDc.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:25 PM, donkeywho said:

So while I need Cages to get lots of cages, do I also really need Patches too, to get them used 'properly'? 

If not, what does Patches 'add' that's not in Cages?   And can they be run together safely, or are they really alternatives? 

Yes, they (SDc + SDP) should be run together.

TLDR;

Looking at their description now, I can see that your confusion is not without merit. 

SDc - adds cages and badass NPCs, that's it. Since SD+ 3 does have a (limited) cage scene; the description is meant for that scenario.  

SDP - replaces the SD+ 3 (limited) cage scene with a new one where all cages from SDc are recognized and used. 

2 hours ago, Inte said:

Yes, they (SDc + SDP) should be run together.

TLDR;

Looking at their description now, I can see that your confusion is not without merit. 

SDc - adds cages and badass NPCs, that's it. Since SD+ 3 does have a (limited) cage scene; the description is meant for that scenario.  

SDP - replaces the SD+ 3 (limited) cage scene with a new one where all cages from SDc are recognized and used. 

Thank you vm

All is now clear!

EDIT:  And Patches sounds even better than I had thought!

?

I have a continuing problem with Whiterun Forest Hold and SD Cages.

Some cages have trees through the middle. Big trees that stop you entering or leaving the cage.

It's not really SD Cages fault, or something it ought to have to fix, but it could.

I keep deleting trees from my WRFH ESP to fix issues. I should make a patch.

• 4 weeks later...

a mysterious note is slipped under Inte's door.

Want cage beautiful Dragon slave.  Pretty goblin caves and ruins.  We want um pretty things. 

Bristleback Cave

Broken Tusk Mine

Castle Karstaag Caverns

Castle Karstaag Ruins

Glacial Cave

Moesring Pass

Frossel

Benkongerike

Fahlbtharz

Or wes stabbity stab spear um you rump.

Scrawled by D.A.R.N  (Discrimation Against Rieklings No!)

P.S. Thirsk iz fo wusses. 

9 hours ago, Inte said:

Fahlbtharz - Dwemer machines, so no. 

Glacial Cave - too small, so probably no? 

The rest - can do. :classic_happy:

Exshellent.  Dis cages be in, us gives you hononary stabber,  loincloth which wuz worn by uz all.   And remumber, we be big as Big Cousin Falmer down wuz it counts.   We wuz be small, but we wuz big where itz imp'tant.  An' our bestest bristleback boar! 

No wash'ing the loincloth! Itz be Riekling ezzence! 

Scrawled by D.A.R.N (Discrimination Against Rieklings - No!)

(Written in neat script by a Winterhold expert on rieklings)

"It is considered a high honor by rieklings to be awarded a unwashed loincloth that is worn by every riekling in it's tribe for a duration of no less than seven days by each member"

On 6/11/2019 at 5:38 PM, Inte said:

Trees, you say? 

Yes. Trees.

Whiterun Forest Hold adds a large number of trees to the Whiterun Hold, turning it from tundra into dense forest - it makes vanilla Falkreath seem positively barren.

When you combine it with Simply Bigger Trees, the forest becomes extremely dense and hard to navigate. Which I like.

It's navmeshed, but I suspect it was not navmeshed for SBT but for vanilla sized trees. But that's another story.

It puts some trees close to bandit camps, fortresses and such, and on occasion in dumb places so it conflicts horribly with More Bandit Camps.

This is price I'm generally willing to pay to have Whiterun Hold not be extremely dull and easy.

I did delete a lot of trees a year or two ago, fixing some of that.

There is one tree in particular that is set in the bottom of the gully, and penetrates right through the middle of the big cage across the gap in Silent Moons Camp.

If you could move that cage about one cage width to its left or right, it wouldn't have a problem.

Maybe that isn't practical, or you don't see any benefit in it, but it would be very helpful for WFH users (if there are any besides me).

I seem to get captured there a lot. I really need to delete that tree, but it means installing several mods onto my dev machine, which is as slow as a frozen potato.

On 6/16/2019 at 6:58 AM, Lupine00 said:

There is one tree in particular that is set in the bottom of the gully, and penetrates right through the middle of the big cage across the gap in Silent Moons Camp.

If you could move that cage about one cage width to its left or right, it wouldn't have a problem.

It will be much easier for you to delete the offending tree, no?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello.

Is the current version of SD Cages compatible with the current version of SD+?

Just asking, since its being said SD Patches should be installed.

But on SD+ it says SD Patches isn't compatible with the current SD+ version.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 9:26 AM, Inte said:

I am thinking of making SUM a requirement for this as well. That would make ZAP and SL a requirement as well. What do you guys think? Yes, no? 

I have all your mods in load order anyways lol

so yes to SUM if it helps to get more functions!

my wet dream would be a cage spawning tool,

I tried to set some cages up but SDpatches (or SD+) didn't recognize them

also thx for the riekling madness, lucky for me I can only set the SDcages spawns to 100 ?‍♂️⚔️?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 1:11 AM, donttouchmethere said:

I have all your mods in load order anyways lol

so yes to SUM if it helps to get more functions!

Not more functions as such, but more centralized functions.

For example the badass bandits and the POP BH are using the same armor and weapons outfits/lists. Right now those are duplicated in SDc.

Tho, I was thinking of adding some ZAP furniture to Skyrim or perhaps it was suggested to me previously by @Punga, maybe? Anyway, since SUM already has ZAP as a requirement that would be possible. 

I tried to set some cages up but SDpatches (or SD+) didn't recognize them

SDP is actually looking for cage doors. Make sure you have the doors in place correctly and they should get recognized. 

also thx for the riekling madness

Oh no, I'm not taking the blame for that one. That honor goes to @Celedhring:classic_tongue:

On 7/26/2019 at 1:18 PM, Ravecreator said:

Hello.

Is the current version of SD Cages compatible with the current version of SD+?

Just asking, since its being said SD Patches should be installed.

But on SD+ it says SD Patches isn't compatible with the current SD+ version.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

YES IT IS!

If we talk about LE that is.

The SD+ warning was related to the very early SDpatches versions (overwrote some files from SD)

SDcages "just" puts cages everywhere and adds more hardcore hostiles.

SDpatches refines the SD+ "logic" to find and use cages (basiclly adds it's own)

Also SDpatches adds alternative scenarios if no cage is close by.

2 hours ago, Inte said:

Not more functions as such, but more centralized functions.

For example the badass bandits and the POP BH are using the same armor and weapons outfits/lists. Right now those are duplicated in SDc.

Tho, I was thinking of adding some ZAP furniture to Skyrim or perhaps it was suggested to me previously by @Punga, maybe? Anyway, since SUM already has ZAP as a requirement that would be possible. 

I have heard enough...

I want a SUMzazfurniturePOPsdcagesSDpatchesDDe combo right away! =D

If only @Punga was here to explain his evil plan o.o

2 hours ago, Inte said:

SDP is actually looking for cage doors. Make sure you have the doors in place correctly and they should get recognized. 

ah!

okey, well that doors I fit into those cages never really looked right ?

Could it be that I overdone it a little?

Spoiler

001-Elite-S126002.jpg.e28a0fc6f3b41157c731374d85b00722.jpg

Maybe Jaxzons Positioner isn't the best choice to place those doors?

It's really hard to the right spot.

At least I managed to get it working once, sooo it seems I need to refine my methods.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I hope somebody can help me with this, it boggles my mind. When I first installed SDc it worked fine for a while, now all of a sudden it just doesn't anymore. The cage doors are always unlocked and the cage scene never starts, the Masters just ignore the cages. I have everything installed, SDpatches, skyui, sd+ - all newest versions. I tried clean uninstall and reinstall, new game, nothing makes it work again. :(