Yeah, so I choose to disable SDc for the moment. It doesn't really help with my actual playthrough, but might become relevant later on. I simply disabled the badass spawn, not the mod. The reasons behind it are multiples:

1. Can't fight a den of bandits/vampire while shapeshifted as a werewolf. I get instantaneously killed, The point of the werewolf is to be stronger than the band of bandits, but SDc is just too mean.

2. I just need to finish "A night to remember". It is somehow hard for me to manage just that while keeping a save in working condition. Somehow, the NPC in whiterun stopped walking around. Which is very strange and I hope I can fix it.

3. I feel that SDc should enable the "advanced" features after "A night to remember", a gift from sanguine so to speak. As it is now, all the badasses are too strong, even for the other npcs which get murdered.

4. Those damn bandit mages don't use spells, they use staff. All my magicka damage potions are worthless.

5. I try not to get enslaved in the wild before the dreamworld is active. I really want to see it.

It's been hours and that mosquito is still buzzing around me. I can't sleep. Send help.

• 2 weeks later...

So, disabling the bandits in SDc MCM doesn't seem to totally work. I still see enemies normally spawned by the mod in dungeons and the like, yet they are not counted in SDc mcm as part of the mod. I disabled the options while in the LAL cell, so it shouldn't have any effect on the world?

The cages are nice, but the super strong enemies would be welcomed only at a later stage in my playthrough. I like to have a chance of winning, but PC lvl 5 vs lvl 10 bandit mage and his 15 friends isn't doable.

I understand, but first.

1. Was this on a new game? If not, make sure they are not already spawned NPCs.   
  2. How did you disable them in the MCM?
  3. Do you remember the locations you encountered the SDc NPCs?

Yeah, new game. Has I said, I started the game, went into the MCM options and disabled the bandits in SD - cage along with tinkering with the options of the other mods. All that before leaving the starting cell, to ensure all the mods were loaded properly.

I unticked the "activate badass bandit" in the MCM menu, after reducing the amount of allowed spawn. Are the NPC "some bandit" and "bandit mage" comprised into the badasses?

post-914471-0-39972200-1469759568_thumb.png

The locations are around whiterun and riverwood:

• Embershard Mine
  • White River Watch
  • Silent Moons Camp

The thing is, I don't think the locations are relevant. I haven't gone far enough in this game, but I had something similar happening on another playthrough and it's a feeling that I had to clean a location and let it respawn to clear it of the badass. The previous playthrough was also a brand new game, and it lasted 20 levels until I found out that something was slightly misbehaving and caused issues with everything event based (I had huge stack dumps). Since I didn't know better, I assumed it was a mistake that I made and didn't thought much of it.

But it happened again while I took care of unticking that option from the get go. Maybe I could go back into the White River Watch and force repopulate it?

Ok, you are disabling them correctly.

The NPCs start out disabled. Then I check for that MCM option then a bunch of other things, if all true - then I enable them.

If they are being enabled while that option is off like you have it, then I must have forgotten to disable some of them by default. The locations will help narrow that down in the CK. 

I will check the locations you posted to see if all NPCs are disabled by default there.      

Well, I haven't explored far this time so my knowledge is limited to those 3 dungeons.

Plus is it normal that on a new game, SDc reports +20 bandits (or other) already loaded? Shouldn't this mod load bandits by cell and when entering the area?

The NPCs start out disabled. Then I check for that MCM option then a bunch of other things, if all true - then I enable them.

If they are being enabled while that option is off like you have it, then I must have forgotten to disable some of them by default. The locations will help narrow that down in the CK. 

Yeah, but the options are enabled by default... So, isn't it the same as starting enabled?

The global variable that tracks how many NPCs are loaded is not set to 0 on start, (tried to save some computing time) so maybe that is why it shows some random number on start. I can see now how that can get confusing, I'll fix that for the next version. 

Unless you start a new game in the same cell as the SDc NPCs, the options being enabled by default will make no difference.

Hello, Inte.

I need to ask, if there are known conflicts with this mod. After installing this file I got constant CTDs on west plains of Whiterun.

I did a full test run. Game got problems, or crashed to desktop, when ever I got near open air hideouts, with added cages and bandits.

I need to stress out that I do not outright say that this mod was a culprit. However, disabling it stopped those problems. Strangely enough, I did not have this problem with my previous game, with previous version of SD Cages. They only appeared after recent updates to this mod and DynDOLOD.

There are two things that have changed from my previous game.

- DynDOLOD update and SDC update. Is it possible that your outdoor cages are somehow clashing with DynDOLOD?

- Added bandits from SDC. Is it possible that this mod somehow now interferes with OBIS and causes the problem?

As said, I am not saying that SD Cages caused the problem on it's own. Cause of the problem may be in my own end and I am just not seeing it. I did not notice to create log, which is my own failure to provide information. My current game is running correctly, when SD Cages was removed. There were no conflicts that I could see from Mod Organizer.

What I am asking if other players are using current versions of DynDOLOD and OBIS and experiencing similar problems, or if there is a known conflict that I have missed?

If others are not experiencing similar problems with same mods, then I will just have to admit that I have made some mistake that I have not been able to hunt down. In that case I will stick my head back under the hood and post the solution, if I find one.

No crashes here, although my computer does slow down when the sdc bandits are being loaded also, I don't have your other mods.

What is OBiS?

I will link both mods, so that everyone knows what we are talking about. :)

OBIS - Organized Bandits In Skyrim by Indigoblade and the OBIS Team

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31264/?

Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD by Sheson

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59721/?

Oh, thanks.

Not using those. Are they worth using?

I have liked them a lot.

DynDOLOD was considered as safer method to provide distant LOD for the game, compared to older mods and tweaks that were causing memory spikes and crashing the game. Nazenn (Dangerous mods list author) introduced it as replacement for older solutions. 

Ilja (author of other popular tutorials and guides) have been researching possibility that some mod added content may not load properly with dynamic LODs and could cause game to crash. This is why it occurred to me to ask about this possibility. Those guys and Sheson would likely be happy to know why and how, if such problems are confirmed.

DynDOLOD works very well and causes less memory and performance problems in game, compared to other similar solutions. It also cuts down the need for some other mods - like SkyFalls&SkyMills, resource hungry reflection mods and similar things. This is why it would be very sad if it would have a problem with SD Cages. Would of course means that it is not confirmed. As said, problem may be in my end, but I am just not seeing it right now.

OBIS divides opinions. I like a lot about how varied bandits now are. You never know what to expect, when you sneak around hideouts of Skyrim. They also use wider variety of spells and talents, compared to vanilla bandits.

Some players think that bandits are too varied though. I don't mind. I am playing with SD+ and Simple Slavery, so having some actual trouble to cut down through a group of infamous bandit raiders keeps the tension up, compared to beating down your average vanilla bandits without any real risk or effort.

Hello, Inte.

I need to ask, if there are known conflicts with this mod. After installing this file I got constant CTDs on west plains of Whiterun.

I did a full test run. Game got problems, or crashed to desktop, when ever I got near open air hideouts, with added cages and bandits.

I need to stress out that I do not outright say that this mod was a culprit. However, disabling it stopped those problems. Strangely enough, I did not have this problem with my previous game, with previous version of SD Cages. They only appeared after recent updates to this mod and DynDOLOD.

There are two things that have changed from my previous game.

- DynDOLOD update and SDC update. Is it possible that your outdoor cages are somehow clashing with DynDOLOD?

- Added bandits from SDC. Is it possible that this mod somehow now interferes with OBIS and causes the problem?

As said, I am not saying that SD Cages caused the problem on it's own. Cause of the problem may be in my own end and I am just not seeing it. I did not notice to create log, which is my own failure to provide information. My current game is running correctly, when SD Cages was removed. There were no conflicts that I could see from Mod Organizer.

What I am asking if other players are using current versions of DynDOLOD and OBIS and experiencing similar problems, or if there is a known conflict that I have missed?

If others are not experiencing similar problems with same mods, then I will just have to admit that I have made some mistake that I have not been able to hunt down. In that case I will stick my head back under the hood and post the solution, if I find one.

Try disabling/limiting the SDc NPCs in the MCM, see if it still happens.

Already tried that with a new game, while waiting for reply. Sadly it did not help.

I will make another test profile to MO to try it out. My initial post was indeed meant to ask, if others have experienced similar problem with OBIS or DynDOLOD, so I would have better idea what to look for. I have currently very little free time in my hands, but I try to rule out SD Cages, if I can.

So far it still seems that playing without the mod does not crash the game. It always seem to happen, when I come near edited bandit hideout, or look to that direction with DynDOLOD active. I made fresh DynDOLOD patches today to make sure that there were no corruption in my gameplay data.

I will check the locations you posted to see if all NPCs are disabled by default there.

Thanks for your replies.

Sorry for being a pain, but could you give an update on this issue if you did had time to check. Since then I started another game and went back, they were still there but less in number. I'd like to know if it is something wrong on my end or some weirdness on how the mod/skyrim behave and start trying to figure out what's going on if needed.

I wonder if I can check this myself with TES5Edit. Is the parameter "Record Flags: initially disabled" be what govern the NPC being enabled or disabled while entering the cell?

Thanks for your replies.

Sorry for being a pain, but could you give an update on this issue if you did had time to check. Since then I started another game and went back, they were still there but less in number. I'd like to know if it is something wrong on my end or some weirdness on how the mod/skyrim behave and start trying to figure out what's going on if needed.

I wonder if I can check this myself with TES5Edit. Is the parameter "Record Flags: initially disabled" be what govern the NPC being enabled or disabled while entering the cell?

Right, I did check and they were all disabled. I'm afraid I'll need a log with SDc logging enabled in MCM to see what's going on.

As far as the TES5 - 'Initially Disabled' flag, yes that is what I was looking for. All SDc NPCs should have that flag set.  

Already tried that with a new game, while waiting for reply. Sadly it did not help.

I will make another test profile to MO to try it out. My initial post was indeed meant to ask, if others have experienced similar problem with OBIS or DynDOLOD, so I would have better idea what to look for. I have currently very little free time in my hands, but I try to rule out SD Cages, if I can.

So far it still seems that playing without the mod does not crash the game. It always seem to happen, when I come near edited bandit hideout, or look to that direction with DynDOLOD active. I made fresh DynDOLOD patches today to make sure that there were no corruption in my gameplay data.

Does TES5 find anything when loading SDc and DynDOLOD? Maybe something there.

Well, I find it odd that I'm the only one reporting this issue though.

On another hand, your "forsworn captive" npc in bandit camps do not interface well with Paradise halls ehanced. Once enslaved, they get duplicated with a "vanilla" version of them as the slave and a T and unresponsive/non-interactable version of the SDc one. I wonder what is going on there :P

That's strange. I went to Sunderstone Gorge and as expected, no badass. However, I did see some NPC without armor.

Maybe I have a mod that forces some feature of SDc to manifest. I have no idea what is going on. Any hint as to where to look would be welcomed.

As of now, I'm thinking about SkyTEST that somehow changes everything about the beasts, their spawn points, amount and their behavior.

This is my active mod list, I have no idea what dcpack1.esp is. I don't know how SDc is spawning the specific npc either. Is it altering the leveled list on-the-go or is it enabling them once the player enter the cell?

•  00 Skyrim.esm
•  01 Update.esm
•  02 Dawnguard.esm
•  03 HearthFires.esm
•  04 Dragonborn.esm
•  05 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp [Version 3.0.4]
•  06 hdtHighHeel.esm
•  07 ApachiiHair.esm
•  08 ApachiiHairFemales.esm
•  09 Heels Sound.esm
•  0A Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
•  0B WM Flora Fixes.esp
•  0C SexLab.esm [Version 1.62]
•  0D SexLabAroused.esm [Version 2.6]
•  0E Devious Devices - Assets.esm [Version 2.8.3]
•  0F SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm
•  10 Campfire.esm
•  11 ZaZAnimationPack.esm
•  12 Devious Devices - Integration.esm
•  13 Inn Girls Resources.esm
•  14 daymoyl.esm
•  15 BeeingFemale.esm [Version 2.7]
•  16 EFFCore.esm
•  17 paradise_halls.esm
•  18 SexLab - Sexual Fame [SLSF].esm
•  19 Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
•  1A HighResTexturePack01.esp
•  1B HighResTexturePack02.esp
•  1C HighResTexturePack03.esp
•  1D Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp [Version 1.2.0]
•  1E SkyUI.esp
•  1F FNIS.esp
•  20 UIExtensions.esp
•  21 dcpack1.esp
•  22 Devious Loading Screens.esp [Version 2.7]
•  23 Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
•  24 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
•  25 ELFX - Exteriors.esp
•  26 ELFXEnhancer.esp
•  27 Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
•  28 SexLab Cumshot.esp [Version 1.7.2]
•  29 EstrusChaurus.esp
•  2A SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
•  2B SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
•  2C SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
•  2D dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
•  2E RaceMenu.esp
•  2F RaceMenuPlugin.esp
•  30 Convenient Horses.esp
•  31 Devious Devices For Him.esp
•  32 NusbieVoices.esp
•  33 DD - Interactions.esp
•  34 SLAnimLoader.esp
•  35 SLALAnimObj.esp
•  36 Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp
•  37 CACO_USLEEP_Patch.esp
•  38 SOS - Leito Addon.esp
•  39 AddItemMenu2.esp
•  3A FISS.esp
•  3B SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp
•  3C SMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
•  3D SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp
•  3E WyldMenuPlugFemale.esp
•  3F WyldMenuPlugMale.esp
•  40 DW.esp
•  41 EFFDialogue.esp
•  42 FtM_3 - CCOR.esp
•  43 SleepTight.esp
•  44 BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp
•  45 SexLab_SOS-Stapon.esp
•  46 RaceMenuOverlays.esp
•  47 RaceMenuOverlayCompilation - CBBE.esp
•  48 SDpatch - frostfall.esp
•  49 a1Ravenous.esp
•  4A SD Cages.esp [Version 2.73]
•  4B Immersive Wenches.esp
•  4C RealisticRoomRental.esp
•  4D RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
•  4E RND_AnimalLoot.esp
•  4F RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
•  50 RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
•  51 CACO_RND_Patch.esp
•  52 xazPrisonOverhaul.esp
•  53 xazPrisonOverhaul - Patch.esp
•  54 hydra_slavegirls.esp
•  55 Cidhna Mine Expanded.esp
•  56 hearthfireextended.esp
•  57 HFE-RND-Patch.esp
•  58 SexLab-Stories.esp
•  59 wolfclub.esp
•  5A DeviouslyHelpless.esp
•  5B paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp
•  5C Frostfall.esp
•  5D SexLab_Dialogues.esp
•  5E sanguinesDebauchery.esp
•  5F Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
•  60 PAH_HomeSweetHome.esp
•  61 SimpleSlavery.esp
•  62 DeviousRegulations.esp
•  63 qayl.esp
•  64 Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
•  65 Hunterborn.esp
•  66 Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp
•  67 Hunterborn_CACO_Patch.esp
•  68 Hunterborn_Campfire_Patch.esp
•  69 Hunterborn_WearableLantern-Patch.esp
•  6A prostitutes.esp
•  6B SMIM-ShackRoofFixes.esp
•  6C Devious Cidhna.esp
•  6D RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
•  6E pchs_loansharks.esp
•  6F SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp
•  70 SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp
•  71 S_L_U_T_S.esp
•  72 SLSW Addicted.esp
•  73 ELFX - Weathers.esp
•  74 SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp
•  75 SMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp
•  76 paradise_halls_fellglow_slave_camp.esp
•  77 SOS - Shop.esp
•  78 daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp
•  79 Immersive Music.esp
•  7A LoversComfort.esp
•  7B pahe_lakeview_manor_cell.esp
•  7C MF_RadiantProstitution.esp
•  7D Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
•  7E Deviously Cursed Loot Patch For Him.esp
•  7F SlaveTats.esp
•  80 JaxonzEnhGrab.esp
•  81 Luxury Collection.esp
•  82 JaxonzCraftingHelper.esp
•  83 Devious Devices - Equip.esp
•  84 Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
•  85 Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
•  86 Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
•  87 Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
•  88 DemonHunterArmor.esp
•  89 RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
•  8A XPMSE.esp
•  8B SOSRaceMenu.esp
•  8C SexLabDefeat.esp
•  8D SimplyKnock.esp
•  8E Merta Assassin Armor.esp
•  8F SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp
•  90 paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp
•  91 immersive wenches -hotfix patch-.esp
•  92 immersive wenches RRR & RND -patches-.esp
•  93 Devious Deviants.esp
•  94 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 3.1.4]
•  95 ccas_starts.esp

May it be that my game is so heavily scripted that the mod don't manage to properly initialize the cell while I enter it? You know, a simple engine limitation of some kind?