• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NP. blush.gif

Does it do any good for SD+ 3?

I have not tested this update, but at least previous version worked with SD+ 3.x.

Only problem was that sometimes the Owner did not follow the clock for cages. For example, my character spent extra day in a cage, until the Forsworn female who captured her bothered to open the door. She spent her time eating (around 6 hours) and then just standing there.

But more cages are still good. It seems that SD+ still uses them. smile.png

Thank you.

On the next update I plan to add some PC leveled badass bandits to some of the locations to make sure the cages will get used.

When I stopped using my main, pretty much nothing could hurt her, even 2-3 dragons at a time were only time wasters (granted, they wasted a LOT of time).

Except for mages, those were, for some reason known only to Skyrim.exe, one-hit, and "Hello, armbinder", and I have no idea why, since I had no major magic overhauls.  Bandits, I could usually fight in huge numbers (unrelenting force+amulet of talos+blessing+disarming modification to unrelenting force)

Would it be possible for these locations to have mages, or to have the bandits equipped with some kind of cheat?

On the next update I plan to add some PC leveled badass bandits to some of the locations to make sure the cages will get used.

When I stopped using my main, pretty much nothing could hurt her, even 2-3 dragons at a time were only time wasters (granted, they wasted a LOT of time).

Except for mages, those were, for some reason known only to Skyrim.exe, one-hit, and "Hello, armbinder", and I have no idea why, since I had no major magic overhauls.  Bandits, I could usually fight in huge numbers (unrelenting force+amulet of talos+blessing+disarming modification to unrelenting force)

Would it be possible for these locations to have mages, or to have the bandits equipped with some kind of cheat?

Bandit mages, or is it magi ... hmm ...  anyway, done! :P

In my testing the PO Bounty Hunters always cleaned every bandit camp I was in, and since I was all bound and helpless, they always took me to jail. An immersive way to escape from your master to be sure. 

Well, no more! For a limited time only ... there will be enough bandits to defeat the POBH and keep you enslaved longer ... only available in certain bandit camps.

Download yours today! 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to load this.  I love killing bounty hunters though I don't always win.  When they capture me I like to add tattoos and then try to escape.  Tattoo removal must be paid for although that mod doesn't really work well in may game.  In any case, I can't wait for this.  I will drag some Vigilants of Stendarr to some of the camps and see who wins and if there is any hope for my player.  Thank you for expanding this wonderful mod. 

• 2 weeks later...

What you failed to mention in the description is that it also adds a lot of new bandits to several locations and that makes them very annoying to clear out, especially if you are playing with difficulty mods like Requiem. Not to mention the fps loss you get with that many npcs. People don't only go into bandit camps to get enslaved. They might still want to play the game you know.

I went to Valtheim towers to get Amren's Sword and the place was crawling with bandits. I counted to 22 of them after killing them by cheating. So do people a favour and include this in the description. Tbh, it's quite unproffessional of you to call it SD Cages, like it only adds the cages, when it does a lot more than that.

/uninstalled

What you failed to mention in the description is that it also adds a lot of new bandits to several locations and that makes them very annoying to clear out, especially if you are playing with difficulty mods like Requiem. Not to mention the fps loss you get with that many npcs. People don't only go into bandit camps to get enslaved. They might still want to play the game you know.

I went to Valtheim towers to get Amren's Sword and the place was crawling with bandits. I counted to 22 of them after killing them by cheating. So do people a favour and include this in the description. Tbh, it's quite unproffessional of you to call it SD Cages, like it only adds the cages, when it does a lot more than that.

/uninstalled

How about instead of crying like a little bitch, you give me some constructive criticism?

Example:

You: @Inte, thank you for your work on this, but could you separate the cages from the bandit addition? You could make it two .esp's one for the cages and the other for the extra bandits - you know for players like me who are playing Skyrim with difficulty mods like Requiem, and the extra bandits makes that quite difficult.  

My answer: Why yes I can, and that is a good idea.

I don't think you can spawn the NPCs based on an MCM option. You could move them based on such an option, from some generic holding cell to their proper cell for instance.

Edit: just offering another solution, splitting into multiple versions can become a headache later is the reasoning, even if you split into two different mods (separate esps) that would annoy users who are near their mod limit.

Edit 2: I don't mind the NPCs, just speaking to the void really.

He could create an MCM toggle for enemies by enabling or disabling extra spawn markers.

Not to mention that he can kickstart spawnmarkers to force a respawn.

But i agree on the arguments against splitting the mod into 2 plugins. More work, harder to debug and the plugin limit are good reasons to not do it.

Small .esps annoy me as well (for example - an .esp that adds an amulet ... and that's it :huh:) , that's is why I've kept everything in one esp.

Although, I have to say that @nightwolf does have a valid point in that by adding the bandits, the mod's name will not fit its content anymore. To that I say, look at other mods here - many of them have grown to surpass their original 'programming', i.e. DCL - now contains way more than what @Kimy intended for it originally - which is a good thing for me as a player. 

You can spawn npcs based off of mcm options obis does this altho it causes lag when more that a few are spawned. Good work overall I def wouldn't mind the bandits as a addon or opt esp my light armored characters can only clean house on a dark stormy night using spots no npc can climb to but my tanks well here's the results! No cheats used set on legendary im lvl 18 half dragon custom race and he girl next to me is Simeria also a half dragon altho results do vary and was still one hell of a fight. I use perma, obis w a few extra spawns, and asis btw and a few more of em are behind the wall, in the pit or on the other side of the camp. Its just takes superior tactics to make it though that's all and well i guess stocking up on over 100 healing pots for each character prior don't hurt now gotta make some more for the next camp.

close_zpszstg3mv9.jpg

area_zps2nwx4dxk.jpg

Love the wings! :heart:

And yet, I thought they were too weak.

For the next version I gave them advanced armor and weaponry, and I am yet to win a fight without my bow or shouts. I am very weak in close combat, two hits and hello armbinder. :P

Although the next version is ready for release I'm still trying to find a balance.

Ill give it a shot since there both half dragons it only made sense to give em wings they also both have hdt tails but I didn't like the horns on em so i made em go away. She can fly I have a mod for it but doesnt work with anton's wings so right now she just glides a bit to fast but the flying mod I have doesn't have the wing idle style i want.

/uninstalled

How about instead of crying like a little bitch, you give me some constructive criticism?

Example:

You: @Inte, thank you for your work on this, but could you separate the cages from the bandit addition? You could make it two .esp's one for the cages and the other for the extra bandits - you know for players like me who are playing Skyrim with difficulty mods like Requiem, and the extra bandits makes that quite difficult.  

My answer: Why yes I can, and that is a good idea.

Sorry for my tone but this mod gave me a lot of trouble because it was hard to identify the source of the problem with my 200+ mods at first. It was also included in my skyproc patches, so I had to rebuild everything from scratch. Not your fault I might add but maybe you can understand my frustration.

After playing SD cages 2.3 wow.

Inte, thank you for your work on this, but could you separate the cages from the bandit addition? :)

Perhaps by adding a MCM option (like Ggi suggested) to turn off the bandits when questing.

I just cannot win against so many bandits wearing high level armor. ;)

After playing SD cages 2.3 wow.

Inte, thank you for your work on this, but could you separate the cages from the bandit addition? :)

Perhaps by adding a MCM option (like Ggi suggested) to turn off the bandits when questing.

I just cannot win against so many bandits wearing high level armor. ;)

:rolleyes:

Fine, I'll add a MCM menu with an option to enable/disable the bandits. And/or an MCM option to limit the number of spawned bandits.   

SDc 2.5 Done! Testing time.

• MCM option to disable/enable bandits on cell load. Will not disable bandits already loaded - to protect your Master.
  • MCM option to limit the number of bandits spawned per cell. It has some limitations, i.e. if you set the limit to 3 bandits and leave the area (by fast travel or going in an interior and out again) without killing them, when you come back 3 more bandits will spawn. This will continue up to the number of bandits set for that area, usually around 10. Also, if you set it to say 4 bandits and fast travel to Silent Moons Camp and all 4 bandits were loaded (you can see this in the MCM 'Debug' page) and then walk to Halted Stream Camp (basically next door) no more bandits will be loaded for that camp. You would have to fast travel there for those bandits to load or reset the bandit loaded count from MCM 'Debug' page.
  • MCM option for the bandits to use high level armor/weapons i.e. Ebony, or vanilla i.e. leather.
  • MCM option to reset the mod.
  • MCM option for logging.
  • MCM option for screen messages.
  • MCM option to show SDc version.
  • MCM option to track and reset the No. of bandits that have been loaded in a cell. SDc bandits only.
  • MCM options for future expansion for vampires, forsworn, necromancers etc.
  • MCM option that will fetch you a Mars chocolate bar.