Escape the Cell - Live Another Life and Skyrim Unbound Mini addons

Okay, that's the third time this week that I didn't receive a notification when a mod I'm following has updated.

Something's screwy...

Anyway, Downloaded and trying now.

Oh my GODS if I have to listen to that statue tell me that the light of hope shines for me and not to give up again, I'm gonna smack her.

Okay, seems to be working quite nicely. I tried it as a Nord and she said that one of my blessings was to not be a Khajiit in Skyrim... is the dialog different if you're a Khajiit?

I also exited as soon as I got the quest to "head home" and it pointed me back to the burned cabin, I'm assuming that the quest continues normally from there?

Okay, that's the third time this week that I didn't receive a notification when a mod I'm following has updated.

Something's screwy...

Oh my GODS if I have to listen to that statue tell me that the light of hope shines for me and not to give up again, I'm gonna smack her.

Okay, seems to be working quite nicely. I tried it as a Nord and she said that one of my blessings was to not be a Khajiit in Skyrim... is the dialog different if you're a Khajiit?

I also exited as soon as I got the quest to "head home" and it pointed me back to the burned cabin, I'm assuming that the quest continues normally from there?

There's nothing new on the download. It would be a private beta test.

Something's screwy...

There's nothing new on the download. It would be a private beta test.

Ha... Somehow I missed the latest update then (steamcrag camp).

I just tried it and it works, so... there ya go.

So I'm officially raising my hand.

Something's screwy...

for the purpose of the tests, feel free to just coc out without talking to the statue. Problem solved! ;)

Something's screwy...

for the purpose of the tests, feel free to just coc out without talking to the statue. Problem solved! ;)

Uh... duh. Didn't even think of that.

I get it... you don't want me to think of the statue as the path to freedom, you want me to do something with your coc. Pervert.  :dodgy:

:exclamation:  :exclamation: 

Something's screwy...

Uh... duh. Didn't even think of that.

I get it... you don't want me to think of the statue as the path to freedom, you want me to do something with your coc. Pervert.  :dodgy:

Yes, the only true path to freedom is through my coc. :exclamation:

Raise your hand if you want to play beta tester!

raising-hand.jpg

I have a skyrim install. Basic.. Another life and such and an older version of your mod. I can throw my self at a beta for awhile. I haven't got any meaningful Skyrim game going ( profile) I can always run it in a different profile as well with only the mods that are required if needed as well ( Yea MO)..

So send me a copy if you still want with some instructions on what/how you wanted it tested. Maybe even connect the beta testers into one PM so that we all can communicate with each other and you for various needs and info.. just an idea. It worked well with another mod that I was helping test and such. Provided you don't' get so many beta testers that you can't.. lol. If you have enough coverage for your beta than great no problems.. :D.

I loved what you did from the start.. Adding content and story can only improve the mod. It was so good I haven't yet upgraded.. lol. I am still on 1.4... ;)

Raise your hand if you want to play beta tester!

I have a skyrim install. Basic.. Another life and such and an older version of your mod. I can throw my self at a beta for awhile. I haven't got any meaningful Skyrim game going ( profile) I can always run it in a different profile as well with only the mods that are required if needed as well ( Yea MO)..

So send me a copy if you still want with some instructions on what/how you wanted it tested. Maybe even connect the beta testers into one PM so that we all can communicate with each other and you for various needs and info.. just an idea. It worked well with another mod that I was helping test and such. Provided you don't' get so many beta testers that you can't.. lol. If you have enough coverage for your beta than great no problems.. :D.

I loved what you did from the start.. Adding content and story can only improve the mod. It was so good I haven't yet upgraded.. lol. I am still on 1.4... ;)

Thanks! I'm going to be away from the computer for a bit. CC, could you forward the PM with fhe insteuctions and attachment to him on a group PM?

Done and done.

The latest LAL update (October 16) doesn't invalidate anything, right? I mean, I don't think anything in this mod does anything with Shady Sam, but I don't know what you've got developing in the background... :)

Version 2.5.3
The journal entries for the Shady Sam quest obtained in Dragon Bridge or Kynsegrove were giving incorrect text due to the wrong alias being referenced. (Bug #17361)
Two posts in the Abandoned Prison did not meet the ceiling and have been raised. (Bug #17343)

And... have you ever considered making an LAL plugin of your own?

The latest LAL update (October 16) doesn't invalidate anything, right? I mean, I don't think anything in this mod does anything with Shady Sam, but I don't know what you've got developing in the background... :)

Version 2.5.3

The journal entries for the Shady Sam quest obtained in Dragon Bridge or Kynsegrove were giving incorrect text due to the wrong alias being referenced. (Bug #17361)

Two posts in the Abandoned Prison did not meet the ceiling and have been raised. (Bug #17343)

This mod uses no resources from LAL, so it will not be affected in any way no matter what version of LAL is used. And no, I have no plans to make any plugins. This is going to take enough time. I discovered three more random locations today under the "left for dead" scenario. I think it may choose different locations based on race. Sigh.

Version 2.5.3

This mod uses no resources from LAL, so it will not be affected in any way no matter what version of LAL is used. And no, I have no plans to make any plugins. This is going to take enough time. I discovered three more random locations today under the "left for dead" scenario. I think it may choose different locations based on race. Sigh.

Derp... I forgot about that. And it's even listed on the OP.

Me is heap good smart!

I just though it was needed as a base just to give you the starting point. ( cell) and then you took it from there for the extras that you created and the changes you made with escape from cell option..

Half right. I created extras, but I did not change anything. Well, I didn't change anything from LAL. I've edited the Vanilla world some. Other than Fuz doh Rah, this mod has no dependencies, and my goal is to keep it that way. 

Ahh.. now I understand... duh.. I thought the cell was from LAL.. not from Skyrim. There is an actual cell and only a few minor changes were done with LAL to create that mod.. you only made a few "additions" along the lines of LAL and therefore it looks the same for the start but it really isn't.. .. at least as far as I understand it.. Dam me for not understanding CK. .. lol.

Ahh.. now I understand... duh.. I thought the cell was from LAL.. not from Skyrim. There is an actual cell and only a few minor changes were done with LAL to create that mod.. you only made a few "additions" along the lines of LAL and therefore it looks the same for the start but it really isn't.. .. at least as far as I understand it.. Dam me for not understanding CK. .. lol.

Actually, I think the cell you start in was added by Arthmoor - I'm pretty sure it's not part of the vanilla game. But it is irrelevant to Escape the Cell, in the sense that if it wasn't there, it would not affect EtC's functionality. My mod removed the ghosts in the abandoned prison and added two prisoners and three guards. If LAL's cell wasn't there, those npc's still would be there, and talking to one of the prisoners would still start EtC, even if you didn't have LAL installed.

Same with the sinking boat - Arthmoor added the boat (and it was a bitch to find in the CK). My mod sticks an npc on an iceberg near the boat, so if you didn't have LAL, the npc would still be there and if you somehow ran across him, you could still start EtC by talking to him. 

Cool. I never liked the vampire start before... partially because it's hard to get around when everyone is hostile to you, and partly because there was no actual context.

I also prefer the text boxes to the debug notification... but that might just be me, I don't know if everyone will like that.

And Mallin looks better as a Dunmer!

One thing, though... can you stop the constant force-greet with Mallin? It gets annoying as I wander around the cabin picking up needed items for my quest of vengeance... :)

I was thinking about the vampire start as I drive home and now I don't like what I did. There's not enough story. I'm going to rewrite it.

And yes, I can kill the forcegreet. I had it that way so it couldn't be missed that you had to talk to him. That was early on in the mod's life, when he was just another start npc, before he became integral to the overall quest.

You mean something like some more dead NPCs in there that when you activate them it says something like "this person looks familiar, I seem to remember... he may have been a family member!"?

Or the new friendly NPC (can't remember her name... starts with M I believe, like Milli or sommat) pushing forward a bound captive and saying "Drink my new brother"?

Or the vampires being surprised that you awoke at all, they expected you to die like the vigilant in the cell or the smuggler?

Or shall I curb my rampant speculation and, you know, be patient for once in my life?

And yes, I can kill the forcegreet. I had it that way so it couldn't be missed that you had to talk to him. That was early on in the mod's life, when he was just another start npc, before he became integral to the overall quest.

Yeah, well, I rethought the force greet a bit... not to not get rid of it (I never have liked force greets much, even though it's the only way to do things sometimes), but maybe to set the "exit the cell" quest as the current one instead of LAL? That way you automatically get quest pointers pointing to where you're supposed to go...

Many times even playing vanilla Skyrim I've gotten quests, then wandered halfway across the province before I realized that the pointer I was headed toward wasn't the one I wanted to head toward, because the new quest didn't activate and other(s) are still active in my journal.