Jump to content
Dragonjoe69

What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

Recommended Posts

On the topic of quests in Skyrim...

 

Say you have the decent, if not good idea to start off in one of the cities(with LAL, and in this case, Windhelm with a Dunmer PC), and you have a decent idea on how you want to start effectively playing this story. Specifically in this case, this Dunmer is, at the moment, willing to do basically whatever for some Argonian tail - and she is not being very picky other than that. Sounds fine, and everything is in place mod-wise for just that, right?

 

NOPE. Because the game has the utterly, and I use this word extremely rarely, STUPID idea of making a lot of, if not all of the side quests in each city not trigger until after some nebulous point in your playthrough. Maybe they require Helgen, maybe they require certain level(which would make no sense, as that would be a listed detail on the UESP page for them), no matter what it is, I find it one of the absolute DUMBEST things this game does, no matter if it is something intended or not.

 

The Civil War quests being linked so closely with the MQ as to not perhaps allow completely being separate from the MQ, not good but to a degree, understandable. I'd personally peg it as a problem that they are even linked to begin with, intro or no. But random side quests being blocked, no matter the reason, when nothing about them is related to the MQ, or even them being potentially unavailable in this case because of scripts not having caught up yet(no idea if this is true or not), just sounds ridiculous. 

Link to post

I've already ranted about this in the past, but every time I think about it, I cannot help but cringe. Laura Bailey, she's a great voice actress, but just because someone's a great voice actor doesn't mean they fit the role of that character. I would've preferred a much different attitude and mature voice for Serana. But this would also include a different take on the storyline and not this family feud crap. See, I don't like Serana as a follower because she's annoying. Yes, I said it. And I'm not taking it back. She complains too much. My gosh! if we're outside, "the sun sucks bruh, lets go inside". if we're inside, "bruh, I've been inside for an eternity, lets go outside." She's just comes off as some edgy teenager with mommy and daddy issues and I have to absorb this bloody crap like a tampon. She complains too much. Yes, for me she is the worst vanilla follower. I'm sorry, but she just is. And if I could slay her, I would. No more BFF 4 life. You constantly keep raping my ear. My ear does not consent to your complaints. Go away.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

On the topic of quests in Skyrim...

 

Say you have the decent, if not good idea to start off in one of the cities(with LAL, and in this case, Windhelm with a Dunmer PC), and you have a decent idea on how you want to start effectively playing this story. Specifically in this case, this Dunmer is, at the moment, willing to do basically whatever for some Argonian tail - and she is not being very picky other than that. Sounds fine, and everything is in place mod-wise for just that, right?

 

NOPE. Because the game has the utterly, and I use this word extremely rarely, STUPID idea of making a lot of, if not all of the side quests in each city not trigger until after some nebulous point in your playthrough. Maybe they require Helgen, maybe they require certain level(which would make no sense, as that would be a listed detail on the UESP page for them), no matter what it is, I find it one of the absolute DUMBEST things this game does, no matter if it is something intended or not.

 

The Civil War quests being linked so closely with the MQ as to not perhaps allow completely being separate from the MQ, not good but to a degree, understandable. I'd personally peg it as a problem that they are even linked to begin with, intro or no. But random side quests being blocked, no matter the reason, when nothing about them is related to the MQ, or even them being potentially unavailable in this case because of scripts not having caught up yet(no idea if this is true or not), just sounds ridiculous. 

Timing Is Everything

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38151

 

The Choice is yours

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26359

 

Vanilla? Just say "no".

Link to post
19 hours ago, CyanBunnye said:

Sacrosanct/LOTD

 

 

"sidequests are boring, so Imma download this mod that fucks your stringtable and is also 100% repetitive as fuck fetchquests"

 

lmao.

Link to post
19 minutes ago, 27X said:

"sidequests are boring, so Imma download this mod that fucks your stringtable and is also 100% repetitive as fuck fetchquests"

 

lmao.

I agree. Having to repeat the vanilla quests for a set of armor for a museum is a no go for me thanks. Also sacrosanct is more complicated than it should be and it made my Skyrim lag like 100 year old balls. However the vampire immunity to sunlight was a nice touch though which was partly why I created my own mod instead. I think I'll add a link to my signature for those that want it.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I agree. Having to repeat the vanilla quests for a set of armor for a museum is a no go for me thanks. Also sacrosanct is more complicated than it should be and it made my Skyrim lag like 100 year old balls. However the vampire immunity to sunlight was a nice touch though which was partly why I created my own mod instead. I think I'll add a link to my signature for those that want it.

Not sure what you mean by repeating vanilla quests, I just pick up the items marked by the curator during the adventures and bring them to the museum. Gives some purpose and a nice display to items & lesser items. Same for the library. And the safehouse is great, plus the auto sort chest gets really handy. It's either that or having a bloated vanilla chests in a playerhouse, so yea.

Sacrosanct i'm not experiencing any particular lag. I like it, it just adds more things to the vampire gameplay. And yes the immunity to sunlight is great, but I think better vampires does it too ? not sure

Link to post

Every time I want to mod my games from new, the site I need the most is down. Simsfileshare, Loverslab, Simsresource... right now it's Nexus. It's like the world wants me to play vanilla...

That and wanting to redownload/update your favourite mod only to discover that it or its creator are no more.

Link to post

Fast food employees. They treat you like shit, they demand $15 an hour, they spit, jizz, and shit on your food. Fuck up your orders. Take forever. Put everything together very sloppy. Yet cry THEY are the victims. Bitch! You don't deserve a mother fucking penny till you do your job right! 😎

 

 

Sadly to say that fact would result in Cancel Culture coming right for you like a freight train. Feelings > Facts has become the norm thanks to Millennials and their 'culture'. 🤮

Link to post
On 1/14/2021 at 2:40 PM, CyanBunnye said:

Not sure what you mean by repeating vanilla quests, I just pick up the items marked by the curator during the adventures and bring them to the museum. Gives some purpose and a nice display to items & lesser items. Same for the library. And the safehouse is great, plus the auto sort chest gets really handy. It's either that or having a bloated vanilla chests in a playerhouse, so yea.

Sacrosanct i'm not experiencing any particular lag. I like it, it just adds more things to the vampire gameplay. And yes the immunity to sunlight is great, but I think better vampires does it too ? not sure

There is an option to make yourself immune to sunlight with better vampires. The RNG in LOTD always puts museum junk in places requiring certain quests to enter. And as the cat said mindless fetch quests. There are other home mods with auto sort chests. I could show you one if you want.

 

As for Sacrosanct lucky you. Lag or no I still like mine better😛

Link to post
27 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

There is an option to make yourself immune to sunlight with better vampires. The RNG in LOTD always puts museum junk in places requiring certain quests to enter. And as the cat said mindless fetch quests. There are other home mods with auto sort chests. I could show you one if you want.

 

As for Sacrosanct lucky you. Lag or no I still like mine better😛

Well surely someone won't like sacrosanct or better vampires for some reason so it's always welcome to have choice

And yes indeed i've stumbled upon one in snow veil sanctum today. Eh no matter I still like the museum concept

Home mods with auto sort chests yes please ? Always up for more player homes too. Though I fear breaking what seems like a stable modlist so far

 

Link to post

 

2 hours ago, CyanBunnye said:

Well surely someone won't like sacrosanct or better vampires for some reason so it's always welcome to have choice

And yes indeed i've stumbled upon one in snow veil sanctum today. Eh no matter I still like the museum concept

Home mods with auto sort chests yes please ? Always up for more player homes too. Though I fear breaking what seems like a stable modlist so far

 

Here it is if you still want to try it out.

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71081

Link to post

Re: Topic

 

Porn ads.

 

Wait.. wait, wait, wait.. lemme explain...

 

See, there you are, browsing along, happy as can be.  BAM.  Porn ad.  Animated banner, some little movie-box..  And you catch yourself going, "Damn... <he/she/it/whatever> is really <hot/crazy-looking/hung/exciting/etc>!  I wonder who they are...."

 

Sooo... despite all the lessons life has taught you since we had this thing called the Pornone --er, I mean *ahem* internet, you chase down the link thinking you'll find a clip somewhere in which you MAY be able to actually identify this person, or at least see some of their actual work just to satisfy your urges curiosity...

 

Nope.  As you should have already damn well learned, nothing of the sort.  You get a generic "Zomg!  We has the bestest pron enywhere!" page and no matter what you click there, you only wind up at a "sign up, pay money, come inside!" page of some form or other, none of which remotely answer the question or fix the "issues" you originally came here for.

 

Definitely the ultimate expression of caveat emptor, me'thinks....  Almost makes one nostalgic for the old west in America or the 1800s down in the east end.

 

I mean, sure... pretty much every sex worker probably had pox, syphilis, herpes, or lord only knows what else, but I mean.. you walk up, hand 'em a few coins, BAM.  Problem solved.  No ads, no false redirects, product as advertised.  xD

 

lol.. ok.. sorry.  I'm done now.  :)

Link to post
20 hours ago, Nachtalb said:

Every time I want to mod my games from new, the site I need the most is down. Simsfileshare, Loverslab, Simsresource... right now it's Nexus. It's like the world wants me to play vanilla...

That and wanting to redownload/update your favourite mod only to discover that it or its creator are no more.

I SECOND THIS LMAO!!!

Link to post
On 1/15/2021 at 3:17 PM, Darkening Demise said:

Fast food employees. They treat you like shit, they demand $15 an hour, they spit, jizz, and shit on your food. Fuck up your orders. Take forever. Put everything together very sloppy. Yet cry THEY are the victims. Bitch! You don't deserve a mother fucking penny till you do your job right! 😎

 

 

Sadly to say that fact would result in Cancel Culture coming right for you like a freight train. Feelings > Facts has become the norm thanks to Millennials and their 'culture'. 🤮

 

Cool story. like the twist ending. Try working that shit for six months before braying ignorance or categorizing both an entire economic class and 20 year span of people with a tiny peepee brush.

Link to post
On 1/15/2021 at 6:17 PM, Darkening Demise said:

Fast food employees. They treat you like shit, they demand $15 an hour, they spit, jizz, and shit on your food. Fuck up your orders. Take forever. Put everything together very sloppy. Yet cry THEY are the victims. Bitch! You don't deserve a mother fucking penny till you do your job right! 😎

 

 

Sadly to say that fact would result in Cancel Culture coming right for you like a freight train. Feelings > Facts has become the norm thanks to Millennials and their 'culture'. 🤮

I worked customer service for 10 years and I can say that everything you stated I have received on the workers side of your statements. In my town if you have a job you are considered middle/upper class regardless of what you do. Not a lot of variety in work so I had to settle for customer service. I have had trays of food thrown at me, spat on, had to clean shitty bathrooms because douche bags decided to shit on the floor out of spite, yelled at, hit, scratched, bitten, and looked down on because of where I worked. In those 10 years it changed me.

 

Where I am going with this is that customer service workers need to be treated with more respect. It requires a special kind of tolerance and patience to deal with the arrogance or modern society. They are the backbone of a majority of work, the most common type of work, and the most looked downed on. You get what you pay for so to speak in more ways than one.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Molevalence said:

I worked customer service for 10 years and I can say that everything you stated I have received on the workers side of your statements. In my town if you have a job you are considered middle/upper class regardless of what you do. Not a lot of variety in work so I had to settle for customer service. I have had trays of food thrown at me, spat on, had to clean shitty bathrooms because douche bags decided to shit on the floor out of spite, yelled at, hit, scratched, bitten, and looked down on because of where I worked. In those 10 years it changed me.

 

Where I am going with this is that customer service workers need to be treated with more respect. It requires a special kind of tolerance and patience to deal with the arrogance or modern society. They are the backbone of a majority of work, the most common type of work, and the most looked downed on. You get what you pay for so to speak in more ways than one.

1. Exactly why I left the mid-west, nothing good there unless you know somebody.

2. Yes people need to treat the service industry better... I say that in spite of the fact that 8/10 times my order's fucked.

 

Just saying though, certain jobs (fast food, busser, dishwasher, etc) should be done by the younger generations, so they build up job skills and life experience. In my opinion sending manufacturing away is what shifted the economic scales and why 40 year olds are still working at Hardee's, and the youth unemployed and angry.

Link to post
6 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

1. Exactly why I left the mid-west, nothing good there unless you know somebody.

2. Yes people need to treat the service industry better... I say that in spite of the fact that 8/10 times my order's fucked.

 

Just saying though, certain jobs (fast food, busser, dishwasher, etc) should be done by the younger generations, so they build up job skills and life experience. In my opinion sending manufacturing away is what shifted the economic scales and why 40 year olds are still working at Hardee's, and the youth unemployed and angry.

Honestly I feel everyone should take a year of a customer service job during high school just so they can get a feel of what its like to do the work and experience the shit they go through. Most people who work them arnt there by choice. Least people can do is treat them with dignity. You give a little you get a little.

Link to post
6 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

1. Exactly why I left the mid-west, nothing good there unless you know somebody.

2. Yes people need to treat the service industry better... I say that in spite of the fact that 8/10 times my order's fucked.

 

Just saying though, certain jobs (fast food, busser, dishwasher, etc) should be done by the younger generations, so they build up job skills and life experience. In my opinion sending manufacturing away is what shifted the economic scales and why 40 year olds are still working at Hardee's, and the youth unemployed and angry.

 

There's a lot of incompetence in the fast food industry. My room mate is a manager for KFC and everyday he deals with the typical bratty generation that hardly wants to work, go home early, but expects to be paid full hours. Or turns around and complains because they aren't getting enough hours when the company decides to cut hours because of labor. He's the one busting his ass off. It's gotten so bad that workers won't show up. If he fires them, he has no one to help cover the shift and all that leads to is hiring more incompetents. I feel bad for him. He's been working in the industry for just about two decades now mostly as a manager. It's the same everywhere he goes.

Link to post
7 hours ago, endgame † addiction said:

 

There's a lot of incompetence in the fast food industry. My room mate is a manager for KFC and everyday he deals with the typical bratty generation that hardly wants to work, go home early, but expects to be paid full hours. Or turns around and complains because they aren't getting enough hours when the company decides to cut hours because of labor. He's the one busting his ass off. It's gotten so bad that workers won't show up. If he fires them, he has no one to help cover the shift and all that leads to is hiring more incompetents. I feel bad for him. He's been working in the industry for just about two decades now mostly as a manager. It's the same everywhere he goes.

I was explaining this to my chick last week because she's in a similar boat... wages fluctuate based on the value of your labor (Walmart in this case) When the legislative branch mandates $15/hour minimum wage, it doesn't magically make the value of an employees labor increase, no in most cases they cut costs by laying employees off and shouldering the burden on the remaining employees; not to mention the companies (especially fast food) installing kiosks instead of paying cashiers all together.

Link to post
4 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

I was explaining this to my chick last week because she's in a similar boat... wages fluctuate based on the value of your labor (Walmart in this case) When the legislative branch mandates $15/hour minimum wage, it doesn't magically make the value of an employees labor increase, no in most cases they cut costs by laying employees off and shouldering the burden on the remaining employees; not to mention the companies (especially fast food) installing kiosks instead of paying cashiers all together.

Minimum wage, at one time, was obviously a really good (probably utterly necessary) thing.  Sadly, for about the last hundred years give or take, it's *usually* adjusted/applied to artificially "pump" a struggling economy.  What people never seem to quite figure out though is every time there's a "magic increase" to the unskilled/general labor pool, *everything* else starts going up to offset the losses that's about to incur all the companies employing those people.  Cost of goods, sales tax, cost of insurance, blah blah.  In the worst cases, it also leads to those situations where lots of companies which were formerly employing nearly 100% full-time, insured people with full benefits suddenly change their entire model to one where they hire as few full time people as possible, since part timers fall into lots of loopholes where they don't necessarily qualify for benefits and insurance etc.

 

Meh.  Sorry.  Don't wanna get all ranty and soap-boxy here.  Just, yeah.  It's not magic, and ultimately no matter how they work the numbers or pass minimum and special legislation and all the rest of that garbage, it comes down to a simple formula of supply, demand, and worth.  I'd really love to see an actual working model of a completely functioning free market enterprise system without all the fluff, bullshit and interference, but I'm more or less resolved to the fact it's not gonna happen in my lifetime at least.  xD

Link to post
4 hours ago, Kitty said:

Minimum wage, at one time, was obviously a really good (probably utterly necessary) thing.  Sadly, for about the last hundred years give or take, it's *usually* adjusted/applied to artificially "pump" a struggling economy.  What people never seem to quite figure out though is every time there's a "magic increase" to the unskilled/general labor pool, *everything* else starts going up to offset the losses that's about to incur all the companies employing those people.  Cost of goods, sales tax, cost of insurance, blah blah.  In the worst cases, it also leads to those situations where lots of companies which were formerly employing nearly 100% full-time, insured people with full benefits suddenly change their entire model to one where they hire as few full time people as possible, since part timers fall into lots of loopholes where they don't necessarily qualify for benefits and insurance etc.

 

Meh.  Sorry.  Don't wanna get all ranty and soap-boxy here.  Just, yeah.  It's not magic, and ultimately no matter how they work the numbers or pass minimum and special legislation and all the rest of that garbage, it comes down to a simple formula of supply, demand, and worth.  I'd really love to see an actual working model of a completely functioning free market enterprise system without all the fluff, bullshit and interference, but I'm more or less resolved to the fact it's not gonna happen in my lifetime at least.  xD

 

I bought a motherboard recently, costing more than the assembler made in a year, according to one single website...

Electronics Assembler Salary China - SalaryExpert

but it's not important to the discussion, 

I'm only marvelling at the really looong train-of-thought your post triggered.

Free-market,

   slave-wages (hypothetically),

     economies in the world besides US,

        China, the last bastion of anything being made anywhere,

            the enormous &*^% profit *someone* must've gotten from my motherboard.

But I write very unclearly, No one cares what I say, and it's only a thought about the subject

(like when you read good books and pictures form in your mind from the text)

 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...