What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

Piss-poor written instructions and the people who make them while refusing or failing to think about finding someone who could write them better.

1 hour ago, eodx9000 said:

Piss-poor written instructions and the people who make them while refusing or failing to think about finding someone who could write them better.

Finding people to write good doc is a pain. Almost impossible.

I will only get your rant about poor doc if combined with no help from the author when requested. That is a real shame.

3 hours ago, CPU said:

Finding people to write good doc is a pain. Almost impossible.

I will only get your rant about poor doc if combined with no help from the author when requested. That is a real shame.

Understandable.

I'd have no problem offering my services for free (I've done technical writing, speech writing, and literature writing alike). I just don't see anyone ever asking, and I'm just tired of seeing so many poorly-documented mods.

"Engrish transrations" or "Chenglish." Not (just) for mods but for everything! That's the only decent thing Chump's administration has tried to do: bring back jobs to a country where they actually speak English (and Spanish, and French, and German, and just about every language on the planet). And women wonder why men don't read instructions...

25 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

"Engrish transrations" or "Chenglish." Not (just) for mods but for everything! That's the only decent thing Chump's administration has tried to do: bring back jobs to a country where they actually speak English (and Spanish, and French, and German, and just about every language on the planet). And women wonder why men don't read instructions...

On 6/22/2018 at 7:46 PM, myuhinny said:

What really pisses me off is when A worker comes to work when they know they shouldn't. A few weeks ago we hired this guy who seemed good. 

Then 2 weeks ago when we came to work I right away noticed that there was something wrong with this fucker. He was talking to me but also seemed like he was talking someone else. When we got to the work me and the rest of the workers voiced out and said something wrong with him so we told the supervisors we didn't want to be named as ones that reported them. They were fine with that and sat there and watch this little fucker long enough before they could give their verdict. They came up to him and *What the fuck going on?" He came with the I'm suffering from food poisoning BS. The boss had to take a shopping cart back because the fucker took it up to their room from walmart.

So he got fired from the job but how's this for a kicker we just saved this fucker money from hiring them full time and then the fucking idiot boss hires this fucking loser back again because his aunt asked him to give him a second chance. Seriously are you fucking kidding fucking me you are hiring a fucker back because some bitch asked you to? I hope it was worthy it is all I'am saying

Seriously if this is this type of shit I'm, going to be dealing with kill me now.

I have seen the stupidest shit working different jobs through the years- this is just par for the course where I live. Incompetent, Stupid, lying little snitch bitches keep their job- and get promoted-  because their daddy or mum knows such-in-such from college or church or something. Then I've seen guys that are so reckless on a job-site that might injure or kill another worker- a guy I worked with almost killed or seriously injured our boss! I thought for sure this idiot was going to get fired immediately.......Nope. Not only that he got promoted and put in charge of a department 6 months later. Seen similar at several jobs. I have no idea how some of these companies stay in business making decisions like that.:|

People asking me "why" when I tell them I'm going back to school to become a lab tech and quit working in IT.

"Why are you giving up $65,000 a year to get a job that pays half that?"

There just comes a time when money stops being a factor. Things like hating my job, hating the bureaucracy of an office setting, and wanting to punch the idiots who keep doing the same stupid things over and over and complaining that their computers "broke." That last one scares me, actually, since I've had to walk out of the room and calm myself down at least four different times. I only got into computers because systems engineers were in high demand back in '02 and I liked computers back then. Now that I know myself better, and am not half as interested in computers anymore, I'm going back to my old love of science. Chemistry, biology, genetics, materials science, whatever. That was always where I excelled in school and what I was truly interested in. So it makes eminent sense to change to a career that I might enjoy, away from large groups of people, rather than one where I hate what I do and want to kill half of the people I interact with because they don't listen. Ever wonder why folks in IT seems so tyrannical, sadistic, or short-tempered? Computer geeks are usually not the most social of people and having to explain the same things over and over again wears on our nerves pretty quickly. Especially when we're getting flak for things we didn't do and tried to prevent. Several of my former coworkers have ulcers, migraines, high blood pressure, heart problems, pretty much any stress-related issue I probably know one person who has it.

Spoiler
30 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

People asking me "why" when I tell them I'm going back to school to become a lab tech and quit working in IT.

"Why are you giving up $65,000 a year to get a job that pays half that?"

There just comes a time when money stops being a factor. Things like hating my job, hating the bureaucracy of an office setting, and wanting to punch the idiots who keep doing the same stupid things over and over and complaining that their computers "broke." That last one scares me, actually, since I've had to walk out of the room and calm myself down at least four different times. I only got into computers because systems engineers were in high demand back in '02 and I liked computers back then. Now that I know myself better, and am not half as interested in computers anymore, I'm going back to my old love of science. Chemistry, biology, genetics, materials science, whatever. That was always where I excelled in school and what I was truly interested in. So it makes eminent sense to change to a career that I might enjoy, away from large groups of people, rather than one where I hate what I do and want to kill half of the people I interact with because they don't listen. Ever wonder why folks in IT seems so tyrannical, sadistic, or short-tempered? Computer geeks are usually not the most social of people and having to explain the same things over and over again wears on our nerves pretty quickly. Especially when we're getting flak for things we didn't do and tried to prevent. Several of my former coworkers have ulcers, migraines, high blood pressure, heart problems, pretty much any stress-related issue I probably know one person who has it.

Good for you. Pursue what you love and engage your passion and you'll never work a day in your life. ?

However, let this old man remind you that wherever you go there will be those horrible creatures (they are a type of monster in the Monster Manual) called Humans. I have found that individually they tend to be wonderful things but when you get a group of them together (like in a workplace environment) you understand why they are in the MM. So, as you choose what to go for keep in mind that if you can find a career (like I have) that allows you to work closely with very few people and, if you can pull it off like I did, work as the boss, then you will truly be able to enjoy your career. I certainly have. ?

30 minutes ago, Psalam said:

However, let this old man remind you that wherever you go there will be those horrible creatures (they are a type of monster in the Monster Manual) called Humans. I have found that individually they tend to be wonderful things but when you get a group of them together (like in a workplace environment) you understand why they are in the MM.

I am, unfortunately, all too familiar with why Humans are in the MM. As I've said, it's large groups I can't stand. Especially when they engage in herd mentality or just don't listen when I repeat myself three or more times. Which is why lab tech fits; I'd work with smaller groups of the same people where I don't need to keep saying the same thing. Unlike my Canadian cousins, this little lemming is more comfortable alone or in small groups. And not antagonizing a grizzly bear. Nor am I that fond of chocolate spread...

The guy hurt several people and killed two man. Killing people and hurting them it is his blood. When son of the killed person wanted to avenge his father, smart ass told him: "Revenge won't return your father back to life." Of course it won't moron!!!! But hurting the killer badly and making him permanent invalid will stop him to hurt and kill more people. Saying such stupid thing to the grieved ones only encourage the killer to continue. It pisses me off.  

1 hour ago, Elf Prince said:

The guy hurt several people and killed two man. Killing people and hurting them it is his blood. When son of the killed person wanted to avenge his father, smart ass told him: "Revenge won't return your father back to life." Of course it won't moron!!!! But hurting the killer badly and making him permanent invalid will stop him to hurt and kill more people. Saying such stupid thing to the grieved ones only encourage the killer to continue. It pisses me off.  

That's why jihadists do see us as weak. If some guy commits murder, then just kill him. If some guy does steal, then just cut his hand. That way, you're 100% sure he won't start again. And if he wasn't guilty, then the fear will prevent the others to infringe your rules !

Even better, you can cast "judgment" directly by yourself, which also shortens the need for a neutral third party to arbitrate. Plus, if you're strong enough, you can even design your own rules so you could even cast those penalties on people just thinking differently, which speeds-up the process even more...

I know injustice does pisses you off, Prince, but careful not asking for a system leading to even greater abuses.  :/

2 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

Well here we call the prisons, asshole-wider, so thats some punishment to.

I mean there they just rape each other ?, until they just shitting standing,

29 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

to even greater abuses

The major problem was never,  is not and will never be to come up with suffciently perceptible penalties. ( if you consider "penalty" a useful outcome of "justice" )

It's always the question to be 101% sure it strikes the right one, no accidential bystander, and not the pawn so it does not allow the real culprit(s) to hide in the mist after "someone" has been punished.

9 minutes ago, worik said:

The major problem was never,  is not and will never be to come up with suffciently perceptible penalties. ( if you consider "penalty" a useful outcome of "justice" )

It's always the question to be 101% sure it strikes the right one, no accidential bystander, and not the pawn so it does not allow the real culprit(s) to hide in the mist after "someone" has been punished.

Absolutely. But that's why IMO NOT dispensing "justice" by one self is important :

• if it happens that neutral, third party judges do make mistakes ; how much greater is the risk for a revengeful directly implied actor to cast biased judgments ? Or disproportionate penalties ?
  • if penalties are severely impairing, or even death dealing, then that makes things even worse if it appears that the punished one wasn't guilty (which is the point you're making).

Two more reasons why IMO, self dispensing justice is everything but « fair ».

Spoiler
38 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

Absolutely. But that's why IMO NOT dispensing "justice" by one self is important :

• if it happens that neutral, third party judges do make mistakes ; how much greater is the risk for a revengeful directly implied actor to cast biased judgments ? Or disproportionate penalties ?
  • if penalties are severely impairing, or even death dealing, then that makes things even worse if it appears that the punished one wasn't guilty (which is the point you're making).

Two more reasons why IMO, self dispensing justice is everything but « fair ».

Tell that to the Companions. ?

Just trying to lighten the mood a little. After all, we're not going to solve the world's problems on an Internet thread. ?

14 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I presume, they wouldn't disagree. They make it pretty clear that they only care about getting paid for "the job", but not "why" the job exists at all?

:classic_angel:

1 hour ago, Tirloque said:

That's why jihadists do see us as weak. If some guy commits murder, then just kill him. If some guy does steal, then just cut his hand. That way, you're 100% sure he won't start again. And if he wasn't guilty, then the fear will prevent the others to infringe your rules !

Even better, you can cast "judgment" directly by yourself, which also shortens the need for a neutral third party to arbitrate. Plus, if you're strong enough, you can even design your own rules so you could even cast those penalties on people just thinking differently, which speeds-up the process even more...

I know injustice does pisses you off, Prince, but careful not asking for a system leading to even greater abuses.  :/

I knew you will react on his post. I'm glad you did it although I stand by his side. ;)  :P

You two will never agree about this matter which is fine; we are all different.

Trilog and Prince:

Spoiler

200w.gif.56dc51699198545f5230c1d3e968b87d.gif

1 hour ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just trying to lighten the mood a little. After all, we're not going to solve the world's problems on an Internet thread. ?

I asked them :

Spoiler

They disagreed. ?

forever_darkness___the_silver_wolf_king_

Jokes aside, that theme is one of my current chronicles. Which conclusions are more nuanced in situations were some people cannot defend themselves/access to justice, specially in case of war. :classic_smile:

45 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

I knew you will react on his post. I'm glad you did it although I stand by his side. ;)  :P

You two will never agree about this matter which is fine; we are all different.

Trilog and Prince

Malicia thinks you're siding with Prince 'cause you're in love with him. :classic_tongue:

Thank being said, thanks for the bears gif. :classic_wink:

7 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

I asked them :

Reveal hidden contents

They disagreed. ?

forever_darkness___the_silver_wolf_king_

Malicia thinks you're siding with Prince 'cause you're in love with him. :classic_tongue:

Thank being said, thanks for the bears gif. :classic_wink:

True. I sided with my Prince because I love him. BUT!!!!! .... As more as I walk in "His pair of shoes" more I agree with him. ;)

10 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

people can also tell those grieving this to help them move along. Holding in anger or grief is toxic and harmful to them. The victim's family continues to be harmed by the killer even after he has left in this situation. Also, sometimes people in trying to get "justice" become the monster or more so, than the original killer. Most normal people can't come back from going after and killing or maiming their love ones killer. Further causing great harm to the victim's family.

6 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

True. I sided with my Prince because I love him. BUT!!!!! .... As more as I walk in "His pair of shoes" more I agree with him. ;)

And as you continue to do so you will start to look (and act) more and more like him. ;) Hope that is a good thing :P

(normal part of socialization for people that are very close ;) )