Great mod, the dialog makes it a must have in my game, any chance of a Shiva follower?  there's a set of Eastern Armor here  He had a good amount of dialog in Darj Souls and some of it would work well for a follower.

Hey! Apologies for the late response.

My computer bricked(the day before Crown of the Ivory King came out too :< ), so I cannot mod or do much of anything until Christmas when I build a new PC.

However, due to extremely extensive work in the field of porting content from the Souls games, I've been contemplating a Souls follower/quest pack and merging the Solaire follower into it. I also intend to release all of this on the workshop due to the lax enforcement there regarding ported content. I'm definitely gonna do something with Shiva, if anybody has other suggestions for other Dark Souls 1/2 or Demon's Souls characters that would be nice to have in Tamriel, give me a shout regarding it!

This thread deserves more praise praiseagain.png

As for other characters

Demon's souls : Yuria the witch, Satsuki, Ostrava of Boletaria

Dark souls : Maneater Mildread, Havel the rock (only downside, they will be silent, not a problem for me though)

Dark Souls 2 : Lucatiel of Mirrah, Benhart of Jugo

But that's asking a lot, I'm already glad to have Solaire for jolly co-operation.

• 2 months later...

any chance of Lautrec in the future? so then we can have a sun bro trio in skyrim

I'd love to, but I'm cutting support for this on virtue of Xinavro leaving the porting business. I cannot feasibly get Lautrec's armor as I lack the knowledge to port from Dark Souls 1.

I'm sorry, again.

• 3 weeks later...

So much nostalgia-win.

I don't use followers. But this is one that I must get :)

1V3o0.png

You actually beat O+S with a friggin' Lightning Spear?!  Yikes.  Anyways, I just came to PRAISE THE MOON! And to pick up an awesome follower mod, too.

• 3 months later...

great mod but i cant upgrade his gear, i first tried to take his armor and weapons to upgrade them but i cant so i tried to force it using AFT that didnt work either i then made a new set of sunlight armor from xinavro's mod and a sunlight straight sword and a sunlight shield and upgraded them all to legendary but solaire wont wear them so what i have ended up with is a very cool but very weak and pretty much useless follower

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Nice mod! Would love to have this in Special Edition! I updated the esp through the new Creation Kit and unpack the BSA, but I couldn't interact with him (no voice and dialogue options)  :(

Does anyone have a functioning port or guide on how to recreate this mod to Special Edition? Thx in adv!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/19/2014 at 12:06 AM, soft rodvt said:

If I knew how to animate and hook it up in-game, I'd love for him to teach the player the Praise The Sun gesture.

If Ornstein's armor gets ported, maybe? I dunno spears don't exist so the Dragonslayer Spear would probably have to be a staff that shot lightning or something stupid like that.

True spears don't exist. But XPMSE has support for spear animations.

12 hours ago, YaoiPotato said:

It isn't... it causes it to crash on start up.

Has anyone tried running it through SSE NIF Optimizer?

Edit;

I had a Knight Solaire follower for XB1 that worked fine. Except his armor was fake, and not removable. How do I explain... It was his body. Anyway it seems to be gone now, but the point is it is out there for SE somewhere. It may have been an illegal port to Bethnet.

Edit 2;

There was a Knight Lautrec as well.

Edited by ReverendFelix
Addendum
  • 1 month later...

Ugh... I loathe unfinished business, so I got around to checking this mod out today.

First, I had trouble getting the files out of the rar. I literally had to drag n drop the esp and the bsa from it to my desktop. I don't even know if it's gonna work out. But it opened in SSEEdit, so probably.

Second, I noticed this file structure problem;

Spoiler

1480462047_Screenshot2022-01-01112513.png.6e631c63780ad7ec903362cf619a3af0.png

Third, what are these files? I can't open them with any apps I have, nor have I ever noticed these types of files with a mod before.

Spoiler

604489679_Screenshot2022-01-01112713.png.8562c1bf45942391ba26dab625e8a37e.png

I haven't tried to run it yet. And I'm on SE, but prepared to attempt a conversion. But I would like some better understanding of this mod, lest I waste my time. TBH, this whole mod is making me kinda leery to install. I'm currently running over 380 mods beautifully, and would prefer not to fuck it up.

All that said, I hope to figure it out because... well... PRAISE THE SUN!!!

edit;

In response to this;

On 10/26/2014 at 10:03 PM, soft rodvt said:

if anybody has other suggestions for other Dark Souls 1/2

I vote for Ornifex?

Edit 2;

Wrye bash had some things to say about this mod;

1. Old header form (no surprise there, it's an LE mod)

2. Mismatched BSA versions (again no surprise, this happens when LE BSA's aren't unpacked and repacked for SE)

3. Old Weapon Records

The following plugins have old weapon (WEAP) records. These cannot be loaded by Skyrim Special Edition and the Creation Kit cannot automatically fix them by re-saving. They have to be manually fixed in the Creation Kit by changing the critical data (CRDT) sub-record to restore the correct data, which should usually be done by the mod author. Failing that, the safest course of action is to uninstall the plugin.

•  rmp_SolaireFollower.esp: 1 old weapon record

That last one is also a LE to SE issue.

So the verdict here is that anyone that uses this in SSE will most likely have corruption occur. I'm going to do an authentic repair/port for my own purposes. If successful, and with the MA's blessing, I'll post it here on LL.

Hey soft rodvt you listening?

Final thought....

This mod regardless of what has been said, is currently NOT SSE compatible at all.

Edited by ReverendFelix