View File

Description
This adds a new column in the SkyUI's inventory, armor category, to show the biped slot(s) the armors are using.
(Take a look at the screenshot)

Requirements
SkyUI 5.0 - only this version

How to install
Drop contents into data folder.

How to uninstall
Delete:
data\interface\bartermenu.swf
data\interface\containermenu.swf
data\interface\craftingmenu.swf
data\interface\giftmenu.swf
data\interface\inventorymenu.swf
data\interface\skyui\config.txt

FAQ
A: What if SkyUI releases a new version?
Q: Uninstall this mod. This replaces five files from version 5.0. It wouldn't be safe keep using them with newer SkyUI versions.

A: When reinstalling SkyUI, it complains about some swf files in data\interface
Q: This is normal. SkyUI doesn't expect this file in your data folder. Should be OK if you are using SkyUI version 4.1.

A: This mod conflicts with *insert mod*
Q: I am not using any other mod that modifies these five files, I have no idea if there are conflicts. I guess they will, so let me know if you find any and I'll see what can I do.

Credits and thanks
The SkyUI team

Change log
v5 - fixed a bug in some displayed messages
v4 - updated for SkyUI 5.0
The versions below only work with SkyUI 4.1
v3 - fixed the "chance to steal" message in container menu for japanese and maybe other languages
v2 - fixed empty slot columns in barter, container and gift menus
v1 - initial release

Cheers

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/12/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    SkyUI 5.0 (only this version)
  • Special Edition Compatible

Belisario: how hard would it be to change width of inventory to, say, 800?

Not sure what do you mean. For extra space for the armor names you can hide columns by deleting stuff from this line in data\interface\skyui\config.txt

views.armorView.columns = <equipColumn, iconColumn, itemNameColumn, subTypeColumn, classColumn, slotsColumn, materialColumn, arColumn, weightColumn, valueColumn, valueWeightColumn>

Not sure what do you mean. For extra space for the armor names you can hide columns by deleting stuff from this line in data\interface\skyui\config.txt

views.armorView.columns = <equipColumn, iconColumn, itemNameColumn, subTypeColumn, classColumn, slotsColumn, materialColumn, arColumn, weightColumn, valueColumn, valueWeightColumn>

That I know. By default the inventory menu is 530 wide. Changing that influences only text and not the inventory in the background. A Flash editing program is required, I guess. I don't have one.

skyui-invmenu-800.png

That I know. By default the inventory menu is 530 wide. Changing that influences only text and not the inventory in the background. A Flash editing program is required, I guess. I don't have one.

skyui-invmenu-800.png

I tried to change the width in flash and is harder than it seemed. The font size scales with the size of the menu, and the item 3d preview shrinks.

I think the better option would be to hide the column(s) you use less.

This only works on the player character's inventory right? It seems like it doesn't show when opening up inventory of followers and merchants.

Yeah it was the idea. Then I noticed the empty slot column in all menus, not just inventory:

- barter menu

- container menu

- gift menu

So I've also modified these menus. Actually since they were already using the script file I changed, it just was a matter of rebuild the swf files.

Version 2 uploaded!

I didn't test the gift menu. What is this? Is it the trade-with-follower menu?

I tried to change the width in flash and is harder than it seemed. The font size scales with the size of the menu, and the item 3d preview shrinks.
I think the better option would be to hide the column(s) you use less.

It's not an option at all. Thank you for trying, though.