52 minutes ago, cerebus300 said:

Once again, I think offering options for as many things as possible is the best way forward. What some like, others don't. I see the reason behind all of the effects listed above, but there is often a difference between the idea of these things (or even in real life) and playing a video game version which is mostly visual (and some auditory). Being tied up, blind-folded and unable to walk might be a great way to spend a few hours in real life, but it is absolute hell within the context of a videogame. Just monotonous, boring, and frustrating.

Well the beauty of a moddable game is that you can always make your own personal modifications to a mod on your own PC. Removing the fast travel limitations is just a matter of commenting a script line. And removing slowdown effects can be done with a few clicks in Tes5Edit or the CK. You simply can't have options on everything or the MCM will overload/crash.

The entire point of bondage is removing control by hindering someone in a specific way (movement, speech, visibility, pleasure etc) so the core of the quests are in line of that. It's quite hard to think of something else, just try it for yourself. I'm curious what you, and other people who think it's a bad design idea can think off for a DD quest :P (in a positive way, not trying to flame anyone or something just curious)

3 hours ago, cerebus300 said:

On that note, any idea when the updated DCL will be released for SSE? I'm excited to see how the update takes advantage of the changes in DD5.

Once DCL 9 leaves Beta stadium, it will be transferred to SE, I'm sure. One person here already described the process and reported success, but the Beta is not officially planned for SE, afaik.

3 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Well the beauty of a moddable game is that you can always make your own personal modifications to a mod on your own PC. Removing the fast travel limitations is just a matter of commenting a script line. And removing slowdown effects can be done with a few clicks in Tes5Edit or the CK. You simply can't have options on everything or the MCM will overload/crash.

The entire point of bondage is removing control by hindering someone in a specific way (movement, speech, visibility, pleasure etc) so the core of the quests are in line of that. It's quite hard to think of something else, just try it for yourself. I'm curious what you, and other people who think it's a bad design idea can think off for a DD quest :P (in a positive way, not trying to flame anyone or something just curious)

A "bad design idea"... -- well, technically nothing is a "bad design idea" for DD quests because different players have different interests.   To me, anything which is more punishing to the *player* instead of punishing the *character* is problematic.   Speed of movement and fast travel are both things which have little effect on the character, but are hugely punishing to the player, so things which affect that should have either a really good reason for it, or a way to disable and/or avoid it.

In the case of the Chloe quest and it's followup Dollmaker quests, I already technically have that way - I can simply not do those quests.  This is fine with me, and I'm glad the mod gives me that option.  While I can ask for, and hope that, Kimy decides to provide ways of avoiding those issues, I'm certainly not going to say it's a bad design idea, and have no expectation of her changing it.   It's certainly not my cup of tea, but we all have our kinks, and I respect that.

Yes, I could mod DCL for my personal use.  I'm a pretty good programmer, and DCL 8,x was a good reference to a lot of what I've learned about Skyrim scripting, as I kept looking in the sources for different things over time.  So I already know a lot about how it works under the hood.   But Skyrim's scripting and CK is a mess, DCL has a massive number of complicated scripts, making the changes you suggest not quite as simple as you think, and even with MO2 keeping my own changes separate, I really wouldn't want to go mucking about in this code just for something I can simply avoid by not doing a quest.  Especially since there would be no way of making such a modification compatible with future versions of DCL. 

I have more problem with the issues with early trap events and resisting rape putting on devices which I've explicitly disabled, something I don't remember being a problem in the old DCL, and something I hope Kimy fixes - this is why we have a beta.   (I've also noticed that resisting Rape and sometimes Device comments can result in stealing from the player, something I thought there was a way to disable in the old DCL, but I can't find it in the MCM anymore.  I also had a Gagged conversation end up reporting me to a guard and earning me a bounty, even though I've turned off that kind of thing in the MCM.)

I tried to port it to SE. No CTD , for me, as yet.

Some things I've observed, that others here have also mentioned (that I've read in the last handful of pages).

Leon quest - I don't receive my party clothes and so I am stuck in the room.

Carriages - Only did the quest once, but only about 50% of them worked for me. Fortunately I know the 'coc' command!

Post Supply & Demand - no continuation, but not sure there should be one.

Shine on Catsuit - I had it disappear on an outfit; I got it back by save & reload (which I think was different from the other persons notes - and mine happened in Windhelm, not Whip & Chain). 

I also had:

Chloe's inventory wasn't reinstated after removing the premium catsuit in the quest.

Whip & chain - sometimes not everything loads (pillories in greatest lover game). I think I occasionally see this elsewhere - so maybe it's a hardware problem at my end.

Overall, great stuff from what I've seen so far - well done! 

6 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Meh really? "4Heed Just do it". Not all of the players can change a mod on a spot just because they want to. Not all of us can and want to do so... One of the problems with this "chloe quest" issue is that you get the quest at the beginnig if you start on a fresh save and you can't avoid it, sure you can refuse to save chloe, but refusing the quest means that i'll never be able to play it again on this save... But if you choose to save her then your fast travel is disabled pretty much forever unless you will finish the quest, which is not that ez on a new character, it's just too much... I get bored after i litteraly need to walk half of the map with a speedlimit duh... 

Afterall i can still choose not to do the quest and the problem is solved... It's not that big of an issue if you know how to prevent it, which again not all of the players who'll install DCL 9.0 might understand. It took me a while to understand why tf i can't fast travel, but when i got it - the issue became not as bad is it seemed to be. KKonaW Just a little bit more freedom of choice, that's all what i'm asking for. If it's intentional, then we'll have to adapt :)

I still appreciate the effort that was put into this and other mods and also its availability, nothing to complain about but just to report some issues to make the DCL great again. Much love to Kimy and her team ❤️

13 hours ago, cerebus300 said:

On that note, any idea when the updated DCL will be released for SSE?

Once the beta is complete. I don't mind a running conversion for myself, but packing it up for other users while I'm working on it is asking for trouble. I know how to fix it when I run into a conversion issue. explaining it multiple times if I miss something packing it again for others is tiresome.

On 11/28/2020 at 7:11 PM, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Michelle of the new kink club in Riverwood needs a package telling her to hang out in front of the place.  Otherwise, if she changes location for some reason (like being told to Run For Your Lives during a vampire or dragon attack) she just stays there and never returns to her post.  

Same problem with Olaf. I had him run inside the inn in Dawnstar and not come out until I moved him by console commands.

Just tried the new Inn in Riverwood and I´m really impressed, nice work! The only thing that I have to say is that my Computer hates all the NPCs in the Inn. If I do anything that the game doesn´t like at that moment, instant crash. Maybe once the official 9.0 is out a Lite Version with some of the non-story NPCs removed would be nice.

2 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Just tried the new Inn in Riverwood and I´m really impressed, nice work! The only thing that I have to say is that my Computer hates all the NPCs in the Inn. If I do anything that the game doesn´t like at that moment, instant crash. Maybe once the official 9.0 is out a Lite Version with some of the non-story NPCs removed would be nice.

Your computer seems too weak for this and all other mods in Loverslab, mere npc removals is not going to be enough. But there is a lot you can do to stabilize your Skyrim, just have to search google.

@Zaflis ok can you explain me clearly: if some of mods need reinstall to new version first you need uninstall previous version and then install new version. In that case load order can change. That means first you need fix your mod load order into text file and after reinstall restore mod order what was before to 100% correct  work?

And if you add new mod if this is possible add in that way that it's not change old mods load order for 100% correct install?

44 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

@Zaflis ok can you explain me clearly: if some of mods need reinstall to new version first you need uninstall previous version and then install new version. In that case load order can change. That means first you need fix your mod load order into text file and after reinstall restore mod order what was before to 100% correct  work?

And if you add new mod if this is possible add in that way that it's not change old mods load order for 100% correct install?

Incorrect. Install new version simultaneously and enable it as well like so:

installorder.png.f2cbb5b44c1b8f74065026aaf86d03d0.png

When you see the lightning icons it's when MO2 recognized that there are conflicting files. Now disable 8.5 version.

So what happened to load order when doing this? Nothing, it stayed in the same place as before but it's now using the 9.0 version esp instead (only because they share the same name).

Testing in prison continues... so far i haven't gotten to any new events, just now the day started with basement task, and then repeated in basement again. On the second time i had no quest objectives telling me what to get or where to go, i didn't even know when i was finished until i noticed none of containers had any items. Talked to NPC who sent me back to Foreman. He ended the task and unequipped the stuff but then nothing is happening even if i talk to him again. Last line was "Lets give you something to do".

20 hours ago, cerebus300 said:

I don't like the blindfold effects though. I've tried all of the variations, but found that I don't like any of them. It is less about the game being too challenging and more about the fact that these mods are so much about the visuals that it seems counterproductive to blur everything or shut it out entirely. I want to see all the bondage gear in all its sexy clarity. 

About that problem you can change the power of blindfold in DD MCM. Just set it to zero u will see everything around normally. The only thing will be disable with blindfold is the direction bar which cause following quest marker is extremely hard (but i found it more enjoyable that way).

58 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Incorrect. Install new version simultaneously and enable it as well like so:

installorder.png.f2cbb5b44c1b8f74065026aaf86d03d0.png

When you see the lightning icons it's when MO2 recognized that there are conflicting files. Now disable 8.5 version.

So what happened to load order when doing this? Nothing, it stayed in the same place as before but it's now using the 9.0 version esp instead (only because they share the same name).

That only work with MO2 cuz they separate file apart. For anyone not using MO2 then you need to remove the old mod completely before installing 9.0, not overwriting it. The reason is some file with different name than those in 9.0 can be left over and cause some wrong behavior with the mod.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

When you see the lightning icons it's when MO2

Ok i use Vortex and this works completely different as MO2.

I use vortex and as i say after uninstall and install new version Vortex can change mod load order. Vortex use as i heard application "loot" load order and do it automatically. Also there is manual mode to sort mod of what you want.

That means i need manually restore to previous as i understand.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

Your computer seems too weak for this and all other mods in Loverslab, mere npc removals is not going to be enough. But there is a lot you can do to stabilize your Skyrim, just have to search google.

I doubt my Computer is too weak. I have an RTX 2070 Super, an i7 9700k CPU and 16GB RAM. And I got a ton of stuff to stabalize my Skyrim aswell. Though something seems to be bothering my Skyrim in general. It freezes for a tiny bit every 10 seconds or so. Maybe it´s some mod that does scans for NPCs in the area and especially in the NPC-filled Inn it goes haywire and makes my game unstable. Or possibly BHUNP SMP because I have the Devious Devices BHUNP patch and maybe every NPC that wears them gets SMP physics which isn´t good for performance. Really not sure.

2 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

About that problem you can change the power of blindfold in DD MCM. Just set it to zero u will see everything around normally. The only thing will be disable with blindfold is the direction bar which cause following quest marker is extremely hard (but i found it more enjoyable that way).

Thanks @hungvipbcsok Yep, that is exactly what I do. I was mentioning that as an example of some of the restrictions that I don't like with some of the DD items.

Alright, I got a question regarding the Chloe/Courier in Chains/Supply and Demand quests in the Bound in Skyrim quest chain; you can technically take a break from doing the next stages in the quest chain by avoiding talking to Chloe, right?

I feel the Supply and Demand quest could be a bit better if you could either have a sense of direction where the Bandits took the quest objective to, or at the very list we don't get locked in to foot wear that makes us walk real slow.

23 hours ago, naaitsab said:

I think that @knots1353 provided some good answers to this. I agree and would say many of the same things.

- I don't think that the use of any of the restrictions are "bad" at all. In fact I'm glad that they are in the mod. Even the ones that I personally dislike, I am more than willing to partake in within reasonable amounts. I have no problem with a limited use of slow speed due to hobble skirts within a confined and manageable event. It is just that usually they go on for way to long or being placed in them when you are out in the boonies or in a dungeon could take an hour real time to hobble back to civilization. No thanks. I could enjoy a small blindfold event within a building, but don't want to lose vision every time someone throws a blindfold on me, which is often. I can take not being able to fast travel for a short event where you need to travel a set distance and fast travel would ruin it. Like "A Bondage Adventure" or S.L.U.T.S. runs are fine. But Chloe's Quest pushes it too far. That is a long quest and it doesn't seem necessary.  It really comes down to "too much of a good thing." We all have our differences in thresholds where what might be enjoyable becomes annoying and frustrating. That's why the more options with these, the better.

- Given what I said above, there are some restrictions that really seem to be universally hated, like slow walking. I doubt that there are many players who actually enjoy that constraint, and given a choice would easily turn it off.

- Someone else mentioned that not everyone can code or make the modifications that you mention. I'm one of those. I've tried a bit and am hopeless at it. Also, I don't have the time to learn everything that I would need to know to be able to do it. Maybe when I retire. Obviously anyone creating these mods are not obligated to adjust them in any way to meet the desires of others, but it is nice to make them as inclusive as possible when able.

- To the last point, I think knots made a nice distinction between the player and the character. Yeah, do all kinds of things to my poor character, but as the player of a game I don't want to be miserable. We do this for fun. My character may be miserable in prison, but I shouldn't be when I'm playing her.  Otherwise, your point is completely correct that a DD quest is about restricting things for the character. I think that it is usually just an issue of how much and for how long. I made a separate post about the prison included in DCL (I still use 8.4). I love almost all of the elements of it, but actually hate playing it because everything in it is way too much for way too long, and what starts off enjoyable very quickly makes me hate that aspect of the mod.

1 hour ago, cerebus300 said:

- To the last point, I think knots made a nice distinction between the player and the character. Yeah, do all kinds of things to my poor character, but as the player of a game I don't want to be miserable. We do this for fun. My character may be miserable in prison, but I shouldn't be when I'm playing her.  Otherwise, your point is completely correct that a DD quest is about restricting things for the character. I think that it is usually just an issue of how much and for how long.

I agree with all of your points, can't stress this enough: If my heroine suffers like hell - yes, that's what's this mod is for. If me the player suffers, that's wasted time.

I never played the Chloe quest - when I had to start gathering ingredients without being able to walk properly, I lost all interest. That quest is the reason why I installed LAL at long last, just to be able to avoid Helgen keep.

Tried supply and demand - sorry folks, I am a fetishist, and I really like sexy shoes. Having to watch my character waddling along in wellies was a no-go.

Managed to get to the point where I was asked if I wanted to be Leah's or Leon's slave. First thing they locked me in a chastity bra - game killer, reload an older save. There's a setting that I don't want bras, but that gets ignored in 95% of events.

Don't get me wrong, I really like this mod, but i avoid the quests.

About hobble skirt settings: you need to have an autosave and reload that to have the new slider values active.