So i'm now done with LAL start and Chloe quest. Without exception, once nazeem part starts and we get the rubber suit and chains, Chloe goes invisible. It has always been like that even before and i know it's got to do with HDT. I was hoping you would at least change the chains to something else for the followup quest, but now i still have to deal with doing new content with invisible follower...

Could it be that you don't build catsuit with HDT option when testing? It's just.. that's where breast bounciness is the most wanted on.

And not to be too critical but i must say movespeed 25 is way too slow for long quest like this. I sped it up significantly.

Ok, my Experiences/Feedback/Whatever with CL 9 Beta - Bound in Skyrim so far.

I havent played Skyrim/CL in quite some time and had other mods enabled, so i cant say for certain whether the problems were related to CL 9.

1. First Chloe Quest: worked great.

Personally not a fan of the gold Chastity over pink Rubber Suit 

2. Courier in Chains: Pretty sure someone was missing the Questmarker (Inn in Windhlem i think, not sure anymore), but not a problem, as the Quest tells you anyway where to go.

Also everyone having the exact same dialogue was a bit bland (How dare you not give everyone a ton of unique Dialogue in the Beta of a free mod)

3. Learning the Ropes: Everything fine until i bound his 3 Wives (for an "Exam" it might be more interesting to bind them in 3 different ways, instead of always with the same rope device). After that Skyrim started having a lot of problems with loading Markarth (Ctd`s, Infinite Loading Screens, Black Screen with Sound after Loading). In the end i just teleported to the Inn/Dawnstar via console.

4. Supply and Demand: Some of the Dirt piles spawned in free Air.

After Returning to Dollmaker after Supply and Demand and completing the quest, no new quest started and Supply and Demand is still in the questlog. 

I started Whip and Chain Inn via console (setstage dcur_twac_questarc 0).

After arriving at the Inn i talked to the woman infront. Since you cant drop keys and you might not have a follower, could there be a chest where you can store them, before entering the Inn? (Didnt exactly search for it, so maybe there already is).

Trying to enter the Inn always lead to Infinite Loading Screens, regardless of number of enabled mods, until i installed Safety Load at Skyrim Nexus and set EnableOnlyLoading = true.

After that Bound Queen started and thats where i am at right now.

So in short: Supply and Demand didnt start the next Quest, and my Skyrim seems to not like the Inn/Markarth after binding the wives.

Supply and demand remained in quest log after it was finished. It was added as "completed" in the "Bound in Skyrim". No followup quests were given, so i'm unsure now if i should just take 1 of her other quests manually. But it is actually semi-finished, even in DCL's MCM the "Active quest running" is false. I tried ending this quest several times after loading game again, it always did the same.

After LAL quest ended at Helgen, i had no objective to follow. I just went to save Chloe because i knew she's in there. I got the impression earlier that it's optional, but then how does player find Dollmaker if she never goes inside Helgen keep?

About the ending of "Learning the Ropes" in Markath (walkthrough spoilers):

Spoiler

I couldn't use carriage because arms were tied, and as before no matter how many times i try the struggling doesn't help. I get arms free by trying to open containers and finding sharp objects. After my arms were loose this way i hobbled to carriage and got ride to Dawnstar.

Also during the quest i tried to free the ropes by talking to people and twice i was sent to bondage adventure (i can no longer turn the possibility off in MCM), and i wasn't teleported anywhere. I just talked to the NPC again to finish the quest.

In Windhelm there was no quest location marker for innkeeper, but i knew where to go because of objective text.

I got the impression from patch notes earlier that all holds carriage drivers would let player on when wearing heavy restraints? From what i see that is only true for the new cart driver in Dawnstar, others are same as before and no new NPC's.

@Kimy

Bug in Captured Princess: I just started as captured princess, stood in the cage, thought, weird, I shouldn't see that chastity belt over the dress. Tried to struggle out of it (just for fun). The animation was weird, because I didn't see myself, and then, the cage was gone and I could freely walk about in the cave...

Nevermind, just a weird glitch, not reproduceable... ?I just restarted the quest from the Mara statue / cell and now I don't see the belt above and the struggle animation plays fine, and the cage doesn't disappear.

I might have found something. I am playing through the Bound in Skyrim questline. When we got to Dawnstar the first time there was an assassin attack. We ran to the Dollmakers house and the assassin was killed by the guards. The problem is that the assassin killed Olaf the carriage driver first. Now there is no carriage service. Olaf might need to be essential.

Hello @Kimy

I have made two observations. One could be classified as a bug, one could be classified as *VERY* inconvenient.

The bug:

In the new inn I played the "escape room" game. I was given a "Heavy Yoke", a high security restraint. This was not removed during the game, although the game said it ended. Also Laura refused to remove this Yoke.

The inconvenience:

I followed the quest line of the Dollmaker up to "learning the ropes". The conclusion of the quest was the hobble/rope harness and that I should return to the Dollmaker. However I could not use the carriage outside of Markath. I could talk to the coachmen, but I could not activate the coach. Walking from Markath to Dawnstar in a hobble restraint is a bit much I think.

Otherwise good work, keep it up! Love your mod.

Best regards,

CursedGor

Hi @Kimy,

I'm in Helgen, rescuing Chloe ?

I found the key for Chloes shakles/device, freed her, but she's still locked up in the device, I actually already added her as a follower, but she's still chained up. I don't know how to get her out.

Edit: When I run out the exit to Skyrim, she's there with me, so I guess the quest is not broken for me, just a nuissance...

I'd love to submit papyrus logs, but I do not know yet where to finde them.

I reloaded a save and on second try, she got free as supposed to...

14 minutes ago, gr4ssi said:

I found the key for Chloes shakles/device, freed her, but she's still locked up in the device, I actually already added her as a follower, but she's still chained up. I don't know how to get her out.

What worked for me was using the page-up-key. This is the key, according to the DD5 menu, which lets you interact with furniture.

Best regards,

CursedGor

So far loving the changes, especially the new inn. They have food and a bed; I may never have to leave. I did the escape room (great) and one thing I think should change is to move the containers that can be activated from the cage. I was able to bypass the cage by repeatedly activating the barrel that was reachable. It eventually gave me a new piece of furniture, pulling me out of the cage. It totally made the cage a non entity. 

Also had the problem that the inn quest did not starting. Without this forum I'd be stuck there but was able to console command the start. 

Started The Bound Queen and when I got to Tulius he asked where I got the book. I said I found it in an old chest. The first part with Tulius also states I found this in an old chest (two different lines of dialogue) That's not true any longer. (Unless it is still possible to get it that way). I think that text should be changed to reflect how the new quest starts. Just to be consistent. 

Thanks again. Time to delve into some dungeons. 

2 hours ago, CursedGor said:

The bug:

In the new inn I played the "escape room" game. I was given a "Heavy Yoke", a high security restraint. This was not removed during the game, although the game said it ended. Also Laura refused to remove this Yoke.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. The game starter didn't remove it and the lady by the front door said it was too devious to remove. My follower using Devious Followers said the same thing. I was able to get it removed by doing courier in steel by the blacksmith in Riverwood but that was the first time I'd seen that quest in over 100 hours of playing Skyrim so not sure how to force that quest to start. Maybe I got lucky. 

Also got it to remove via player.removeitem in the console but that left the animation in place of my hand held aloft. 

Just seconding the bug report. 

I started two new playthroughs with this to play around with things.   Both were on LE.   The first was the captured princess and Chloe start, the second was a LAL Breezehome start.  With Chloe, as soon as I reached Riverwood, I decided to have a visit at the new Whip and Chain Inn.  A couple of items:

- I too had the issue with the heavy yoke being applied and not removable mentioned in a few posts above

- It would be very nice if Michelle had an option to provide a wrist binder, perhaps for a fee, so you could enter.  (Since they give them out free inside, I'd think they'd be happy to provide one at the door...)  Oh, and she'd strip you naked and steal all your keys in the process, too. (When doing my second character, I first ran to Riverwood, and had trouble getting in because I had no rubber outfit or wrist binders)

- Michelle seems vulnerable to the same pre-9.0 issue as Claudius in Whiterun - if something (usually another mod - I haven't seen if the Rape option in DCL also does this, but DEC and Naked Dungeons does it all the time...) causes them to run to where you are to forcegreet... and you enter a building, they'll follow you in.   And then, they'll stay in that building, because they don't have anything to tell them to move back to where they ought to be.  (Michelle was particularly weird - she followed me into the Sleeping Giant Inn, and then to get into the Whip and Chain Inn I had to go into the Sleeping Giant to find her.)

- The big issue I ran into has to do with restoring a save inside the Whip and Chain Inn.   It seems to work just fine after the restore... but when you try to exit the Inn, it freezes the game almost all the time for me IF you have a follower.  I wasn't able to reproduce it at all without a follower, and once (out of about 20 tests) with Chloe, it worked, but the rest of the time not.   The last message in the Papyrus logs is usually either [DCUR] Opened a Door  or [DCUR] Mutex is active (update running): Trap event aborted, but I know that's not very relevant because the only way out of this was to Alt-Tab to the desktop and log out of Windows (which forces the non-responsive Skyrim to quit)... and that means it's quite probably the last log messages aren't even written out to disk.  Just in case, I've attached two Papyrus logs which each end with one of these freezes.    Note that I originally tried this with a run with just necessary Sexlab mods, DD5, and DCL -- even though the logs below have other mods (DEC, Naked Dungeons, Devious Helpers and a few others...) I was able to reproduce this without those mods.

Papyrus.0.log Papyrus.2.log

The other thing I meant to report is it seems to be, at least sometimes, ignoring the weightings on the Events page and the restrictions on the Devices page.  One of the first things I always do with a new DCL run is adjust these - I hate anything which restricts speed or sex, so I always set the weight of Shock Boots, Slave Chastity Belt, and Full Slave set to 0, and reduce the chance of the Chain Harness as well.  And on the Devices page I turn off hobble skirts and anything chastity related.   And I always turn Progressive Bondage on, and arousal to force full set to 101.

But the first couple of DCL events in 9.0 is the Full Slave Set (collar, corset, belt, and plugs) or a chain harness or full pony suit or something like that.  (With timed locks so you can't even get rid of them if you have the keys...)  Is this deliberate, or is something not checking the Event weightings?

On 11/21/2020 at 9:52 AM, Silenceyoursword said:

Some feedback on the quests:

The forced slow movement for a lot of them is actually pretty grating when you want to progress the quest line. Vekel's stuck me in the dress and heels and told me to go clear some dungeons to try to find something, but I now can't move faster than a walking pace, which is going to make seeking out the dungeons *really* boring, not to mention seriously interfere with clearing them.

Also, having got through that part and up to the 'clean up stinky garbage'... one of the pieces of garbage spawned floating in the air next to one of the bridges

I'm going to echo @Silenceyoursword here.  Vekel's a real piece of work, slowing me down like that.  

I was ecstatic to learn that NPCs can take advantage of you when you get pilloried.  The animation's a bit off because the pillory gets bumped on approach, but Chloe got stuck back in place.  However, once sex finishes, you are not properly returned to the device.  

20201122025255_1.thumb.jpg.7cada9a9081e810450147da4fc060759.jpg20201122025426_1.thumb.jpg.4ab134893fcaea3e2024b4603e39de85.jpg

Just after my Dragonborn enjoys some fun, she is popped out of the pillory.  The whole thing disappears.  Unfortunately, she is still considered to be locked in the device, even though she can move and equip weapons.  She cannot wait while taking health damage.  

Is my experience replicable?  Apologies for the lack of corresponding Papyrus log.

Every time i try to enter the whip and chain inn I get a frozen black screen. Tried to go in multiple times and also tried to coc in from a empty home. Honestly I only know the very basics of modding skyrim and this could very well be on my end as black screens aren't uncommon and im sure i have things wrong but usually after a few attempts I can get where im going, ive tried the inn around 10 times though and it does it everytime. It hasn't crashed during a load though, only black screen forcing me to kill skyrim manually.

Papyrus.0.log

About the new whip & chain inn:

- In the escape room, trap for sex attack doesn't start any animation. In the end there's 2-3 bandits still standing around.

- Around the middle of inn was the man and woman continuously having sex, they started spazzing next to a wall corner at one point and causing some lag spikes. It never fixed itself until i loaded game, they just kept flickering in weird overlapped pose.

- The cage trap could last a few seconds longer too, the door opens almost right away as player enters it.

44 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Every time i try to enter the whip and chain inn I get a frozen black screen. Tried to go in multiple times and also tried to coc in from a empty home. Honestly I only know the very basics of modding skyrim and this could very well be on my end as black screens aren't uncommon and im sure i have things wrong but usually after a few attempts I can get where im going, ive tried the inn around 10 times though and it does it everytime. It hasn't crashed during a load though, only black screen forcing me to kill skyrim manually.

Papyrus.0.log 141.01 kB · 0 downloads

Just to be sure, check if you have HDT PE installed.

I personally crashed every time I tried entering myself and eventually realised I no longer had HDT PE installed. (In my previous body setup, it was build in.)
After I installed HDT PE I was able to get inside without any crashes.

While I had to put my beta testing into hiatus, I just want to say, as apparently one of the few who got DCL to actually start, I:

-Uninstalled DD and DCL (old versions)

-Installed new versions

-Started new game

-Waited about a minute or two. Sexlab, DD and DCL did not appear in the MCM

-Saved

-Reloaded

-Said mods now finished installing

The trick is in the save+reload. I never had Sexlab nor anything DD start up immediately, I always assumed this step was normal. Maybe it never was? 

1 hour ago, Nathriel said:

Just to be sure, check if you have HDT PE installed.

I personally crashed every time I tried entering myself and eventually realised I no longer had HDT PE installed. (In my previous body setup, it was build in.)
After I installed HDT PE I was able to get inside without any crashes.

Yep have that installed. Reinstalled to make sure it was up to date and same issue.

I then started another new game, picked the riverwood inn from LaL start and ran straight to whip and chain inn and same again, black load screen and having to close manually

Papyrus.0.log

4 hours ago, knots1353 said:

The other thing I meant to report is it seems to be, at least sometimes, ignoring the weightings on the Events page and the restrictions on the Devices page.  One of the first things I always do with a new DCL run is adjust these - I hate anything which restricts speed or sex, so I always set the weight of Shock Boots, Slave Chastity Belt, and Full Slave set to 0, and reduce the chance of the Chain Harness as well.  And on the Devices page I turn off hobble skirts and anything chastity related.   And I always turn Progressive Bondage on, and arousal to force full set to 101.

But the first couple of DCL events in 9.0 is the Full Slave Set (collar, corset, belt, and plugs) or a chain harness or full pony suit or something like that.  (With timed locks so you can't even get rid of them if you have the keys...)  Is this deliberate, or is something not checking the Event weightings?

While I can't say for certain if this is the case for you, I think this occurs due to the feature added awhile back to choose less punishing devices until level 3. I noticed DCL ignoring my MCM settings in new games until level 3 as of 8.5, if not earlier (I forget when this feature was added offhand). My guess is that the separate list of devices used to pick less punishing restraints for low level characters doesn't check itself against the MCM settings.

Things I probably should've posted about a while back, but I was busying being a lurker...

10 hours ago, neinnie said:

After Returning to Dollmaker after Supply and Demand and completing the quest, no new quest started and Supply and Demand is still in the questlog. 

I started Whip and Chain Inn via console

setstage dcur_twac_questarc 0

I can confirm this seems to continue the questline and advance to Queen Sarah.

About the QS collection, it seems that chance to find them from boss chests is about 30% in practise. Considering Sarah's set is 5 parts total, you need 5 boss chests x 3 to find them all. It is actually very hard to find that many dungeons! I can only save before opening boss chests, load and loot until i get it 100% that i expected it would already be.

Oh and the Supply and Demand will disappear from quest log when continuing with the console command.

I think I found a bug in the "bondage high-low" minigame: after equipping a collar on me (and a lot of other stuff, since I've been a bit unlucky ?), I keep getting the message "it's impossible to wear multiple collars at the same time" each time I lose.

8 hours ago, CursedGor said:

The bug:

6 hours ago, tester86 said:

I had the exact same thing happen to me. The game starter didn't remove it and the lady by the front door said it was too devious to remove. My follower using Devious Followers said the same thing. I was able to get it removed by doing courier in steel by the blacksmith in Riverwood but that was the first time I'd seen that quest in over 100 hours of playing Skyrim so not sure how to force that quest to start. Maybe I got lucky. 

Also got it to remove via player.removeitem in the console but that left the animation in place of my hand held aloft. 

Just seconding the bug report. 

The "Heavy Yoke" came up some time ago as well (several months ago, maybe approaching a year not sure exactly), this yoke is a BlockGeneric device meaning the only way to remove it is via the methods provided by the mod equipping you with it, in this case the courier quest tester86 mentions is the intended way to escape the "Heavy Yoke".

However the Heavy Yoke is treated like any of the other generic wrist bindings as far as when it is added to the player is concerned, it is one of 3 "generic" yokes available to be equipped if the random wrist binding rolls yoke, the others being a standard yoke and the breast binding yoke (shouldn't be available during the Escape room due to progressive bondage having already equipped a suit), the chances for rolling yoke is determined by your device weights set in the MCM.

When the only way to roll for random wrist bindings was cursed loot traps this disparity of a BlockGeneric yoke being available in Generic device traps was less obvious (but has still made me greatly reduce if not outright prevent the use of random yokes from any mod), but now that it is appearing in a game centered around the removal of generic devices it is a serious issue that needs to be addressed in my opinion. I don't mind the "Heavy Yoke" existing and that it has a quest dedicated to removing it is fun, but the yoke should have its own trap category or some way to differentiate getting it compared to an actual generic yoke.

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

About the new whip & chain inn:

- In the escape room, trap for sex attack doesn't start any animation. In the end there's 2-3 bandits still standing around.

- Around the middle of inn was the man and woman continuously having sex, they started spazzing next to a wall corner at one point and causing some lag spikes. It never fixed itself until i loaded game, they just kept flickering in weird overlapped pose.

- The cage trap could last a few seconds longer too, the door opens almost right away as player enters it.

I dunno, I had the cage trap stay closed for about an hour in game-time.

Had about 5 bandits knocking around though. Made the mistake of talking to one, they promptly added more devices ¬_¬

This is probably DD rather than DCL related, by the way, but I got stuck in one of those ultra-tight straitjackets and even with all the keys it took me a day and a half (with everything on easiest difficulty) to get out because of the sheer number of 'Nope, you can't reach the lock, try again in an hour!' results, plus two keybreaks. By the end I was just waiting an hour, trying, waiting an hour, trying... I get what you were going for with it, but it wasn't terribly fun after the first few hours :(

Suggestion:

Would it be possible to move The Dollmakers shop outside of dawnstar, similar to how Laura has her Bondage shop outside of whiterun (If this is already done in 9.0 I cant tell as I am SE only at the moment)?

Currently the shop conflicts with many City Overhauls, and I get that it is impossible to make everything compatible with everything.

Thanks, can't wait for the SE conversions. Probs looking more forward to DD stuff for skyrim more than most games this year.

Overall very impressed with DCL9 and I am really enjoying it.

Unfortunately I have encountered some technical issues which I am not sure if they are the mod itself or something I did wrong during installation.

The problems that I have is when I go into the whip and chain inn the game will sometimes randomly crash. This issue doesn't occur any where else in the game for me so I'm not sure what is causing it.

The next problem is that all or the gag textures or models that are added through DCL9 appear to be missing when I put them on my character. They appear on the ground fine and when I look at them in my inventory they look fine but when I put them on my character she does the animation for having a gag in her mouth which is she opens her mouth but there is no visible gag present.

Again I am not sure if this is a problem with DCL9 or a problem with the way I am installing DCL9 (I'm installing DCL9 through nexus mod manager and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the mod multiple times but it doesn't fix the issue).

This is not a issue with DD5 as all the gags from that mod work properly.

If anyone could give me advise on how to fix the texture or model issue with the gags it would be greatly appreciated.