I have a small problem, if you can call it that. Sometimes there is a set of plugs in the chest, but they don not equip, but the belt does.

If there was any sort of lag in the script while equipping the plugs (can happen, especially if they are from another mod) then the belt may end up equipping first.

Just tried this last night. Was exploring a Forsworn camp west of Rorikstead when the mod finally kicked in (had it installed for a long time on this save). Was not so bad, at first, but the second time it happened my character got her battle capacity crippled. So after freeing herself from her armbinder she went to the Captured Dream shop and had most of the items removed. I guessed that custom slave harness and slave boots are not covered by the CD shop.

I had DD - Restrained as well, asked Lydia for help but she tried to rape my character instead. Sadly for her the Jarl put her in a belt already before sending her to me lol

Not sure if the custom slave harness does not hold the plugs by themselves, but I also had the rusty belt on me. Not sure if its the underneath system doing its work, but the chastity bra was not visible on my character as well.

EDIT: Was gonna ask what the Punisher plugs do and if it works only at full arousal, then found the post at the Captured Dream thread. Good to know, was wondering if my RNaD gone bonkers with my health going down sometimes.

The punisher plugs are probably the harshest plugs I made for Captured Dreams. I ended up pulling them out of the random rotation for plugs in CD and only use them in specific places.

I tried to fix the plug issue in my development build - so far it looks as if they equip more reliably now. The new update is about to get released, perhaps even today, I just try to make sure the new trigger method I am using is working reliably before I inflict the patch on the public.

The CD plugs can be disabled with via MCM if you don't want to be equipped with them. They are really mean. *giggles*  (but, but - you have a chance to get equipped with the "helpful" ones, too!). I must confess that the harmless plugs (namely Iron and Primitive) aren't even in my drop list at all, I am using only the...errm...noticeable ones. *giggles*

Yeah I noticed my health, magicka and stamina bars fluctuating at times. Did not click upon me that it was the Punisher plug at all, just thought that I had a very heavy script delay when I had my health went down after my last battle half an hour ago lol

Also found a harness and soulgem plug off a bandit, so I put it on my other follower (a spellsword) that was still enjoying her freedom. So everyone besides E.L.L.E. are having fun now. I imagine the Punisher would be very harsh have I not have three followers travelling with me.

I think the custom slave harness is considered a cloth or that the chastity belt and bra, despite the latter being invisible, are covering the sensitive parts so NPCs are not putting a bounty on me via Sexcrime mod.

All in all, a good experience. This mod gave another way on getting the DD items on without a direct user interaction. I only had the blindfold turned off. Might do that to the armbinder (and gags) as well because if I were in such a situation IRL, I wouldn't dare put it on while in a dungeon.

During testing, I discovered some little thing I could improve and did so. That and it was just a super-busy day. oO

Patch is slated for tomorrow. :)

Follower support will NOT be in, though. As I said earlier, this will take some time for me to investigate.

During testing, I discovered some little thing I could improve and did so. That and it was just a super-busy day. oO

Follower support will NOT be in, though. As I said earlier, this will take some time for me to investigate.

I am looking forward to making followers open chests for me. I will remain patient if that helps bring it forward more quickly.

Also, for followers, if the PC tries to remove any of the DD gear, said gear can take that as an offense, and equip itself to the PC for revenge.

I am looking forward to making followers open chests for me. I will remain patient if that helps bring it forward more quickly.

Also, for followers, if the PC tries to remove any of the DC gear, said gear can take that as an offense, and equip itself to the PC for revenge.

I have yet to come up with a concept how to bring followers into the story in a fun way...and one I can implement without stepping on too many other mods's toes. Follower commands have already been done by other mods and I have no plans to reimplement UFO etc., so I will need to have a look at how to do this best or how to leverage what they did already. At the very least I guess I could cursed devices curse both the PC and the follower. As I said - it's something to think about later. Right now I am occupied with ironing out the current scope of the mod and improving on it. :)

I finally got it to work reliably (seems there's a mesh issue with the custom harness if your weight slider is all the way at 1 - lower it a bit to sidestep the issue), so here's some feedback:

1. IMO once opened, chests should stay safe. It doesn't make sense that you can get cursed items multiple times from a single chest.

2. Using a fixed chance is boring, but using straight arousal for chance is too much. How about adding an arousal multiplier? For example if your arousal is 50 and your multiplier is 0.1, then your chance to get items is 5%.

3. Sometimes, particularly when I set the chance to 100% for testing, Items get equipped on loading the game without opening any containers for some reason. Not sure what triggers this, but I suspect some other mod equipping items or effects? Perhaps the mod should delay activation for a few seconds on load?

4. IMHO the mod works best if there's only a single item in any given chest.

5. Perhaps there could be an option to limit cursed chests to dungeons only? Do people really leave cursed barrels lying around in Whiterun? :P

Other than that, it's really nice. :)

This is a lovely little mod... my one request is that it be re-packaged in the zip/rar file to work with mod managers like the nexus mod manager (ie, the .esp and subfolders should be in the root of the zip).

At least for NMM it is no problem if there is another root folder, it will recognise without problem if the other folder are correct

I think the setup I would like to see is one where if you are using your arousal as the base chance then it would also use the % chance in dungeons and such and use the higher of the two. That way even if you do keep your libido under control there is always a chance that the chests in a dungeon is trapped. Of course, once you get that belt in place it is inevitable that you will end up completely bound at some point.

I use a mod that unlevels the loot lists so you can find anything pretty much anywhere so I typically opened every container that has something in it, I am more cautious now.

I finally got it to work reliably (seems there's a mesh issue with the custom harness if your weight slider is all the way at 1 - lower it a bit to sidestep the issue), so here's some feedback:

1. IMO once opened, chests should stay safe. It doesn't make sense that you can get cursed items multiple times from a single chest.

2. Using a fixed chance is boring, but using straight arousal for chance is too much. How about adding an arousal multiplier? For example if your arousal is 50 and your multiplier is 0.1, then your chance to get items is 5%.

3. Sometimes, particularly when I set the chance to 100% for testing, Items get equipped on loading the game without opening any containers for some reason. Not sure what triggers this, but I suspect some other mod equipping items or effects? Perhaps the mod should delay activation for a few seconds on load?

4. IMHO the mod works best if there's only a single item in any given chest.

5. Perhaps there could be an option to limit cursed chests to dungeons only? Do people really leave cursed barrels lying around in Whiterun? :P

Other than that, it's really nice. :)

1. I don't deny it would be good to have the containers fire once and then reset along with the rest of the cell they are in. If I can figure out how to do that without bloating save games (there are thousands of containers in Skyrim this mod can trigger on...) and/or burning lots of CPU time I will look into it.

2. Can do that!

3. That's odd, and really shouldn't happen. However, the new patch will use a completely different trigger method. Tell me if you still experience the problem after installing that.

4. That can be done via MCM already! ;)

5. *cough* Look at the 1.1 patch notes later when they are out. ;)

PS: Yes, totally evil people would totally put cursed gear into Whiterun barrels for giggles. I suspect Lydia.

You could go another way, by catching the CrosshairRef and then decide by a quest script if the container (GetType) does apply restraints.
This way you don't have to edit the containers directly by attaching a script and it can work with custom containers, making it mod safe.

Oh, and if the current cell/container is player owned don't apply anything because upon trying to store my loot i was restrained immediatly. But thankfully Lydia lend me a helping hand ... finally making her usefull.

To remember already opened containers, you can store them using StorageUtil or JContainers but over time there won't be any containers left that curse the player and the list of already opened containers will become hillariously large with a good chance of a high delay going thru the list. immersive but not worth it, imho. if we could add Keywords at runtime then this would solve this problem, but we can't.

So maybe it could be a good idea to consider some more variables when thinking about the percentage?

Arousal already is there, but if your arousal is low, there is no real danger

Also, why should there be the same chance of finding some cursed chests in cities as there is in caves? Even though there might run around some Lydias, there also are some Ysoldas who could already found them :)

A system similar like the one of "Dangerous Nights" sounds nice, taking the environment into consideration.

And, to add some more spice, a basic percentage should also exist.

Eg: (5% basic chance + 40% arousal) * 0,7 because we're in a city, or 1,4 (cave) = 63% Chance of cursed chest in a cave or 32% in a city

I think, this sounds more "natural". Maybe with other numbers, or configurable via MCM.

So, I don't really know, if this is possible or understandeable, because I'm no modder and German ... sorry for that :)

Problem with cities is: You need to make it working for NPCs to keep the concept immersive (adding Ai so they use containers more frequently, make them recognize the situation, add Ai to find help a.s.o.).
Alot of work for such a small detail. i vote for excluding towns because guards would have destroyed those chests before the player even went to Skyrim.

it's not like there are new chests in this game that could be cursed by who ever for whats-o-ever reason.

Perhaps a way to track opened containers is to put a hidden object inside the container when it is closed. When the cell resets, the hidden item will be removed, and thus the curse can fire again. Or if hidden doesn't work, create an "empty dust" object worth 0. Bonus if it can self-delete if picked up by a player.

Empty dust special bonus feature. If using empty dust trigger, and can code it that you don't add empty dust on close when the container had one when opened, the player can "reset" a container by removing the dust. This would make it dangerous again. Think the player digging deep, cleaning out every corner hoping to find one more thing in the box.

You could go another way, by catching the CrosshairRef and then decide by a quest script if the container (GetType) does apply restraints.

This way you don't have to edit the containers directly by attaching a script and it can work with custom containers, making it mod safe.

Oh, and if the current cell/container is player owned don't apply anything because upon trying to store my loot i was restrained immediatly. But thankfully Lydia lend me a helping hand ... finally making her usefull.

To remember already opened containers, you can store them using StorageUtil or JContainers but over time there won't be any containers left that curse the player and the list of already opened containers will become hillariously large with a good chance of a high delay going thru the list. immersive but not worth it, imho. if we could add Keywords at runtime then this would solve this problem, but we can't.

If I am not totally mistaken CrosshaiRef doesn't reliably work if you're in 3rd person mode. But the trigger method should be solved anyway, thanks to Ms Leeches and her ingenious perk system idea. :)

The player houses should be complete safe now, too. Before, only the chests were exempt, from 1.1 onward, every container in a player house will be.

And yeah, bloating save games is a no-go. If people repeatedly search the same containers (why would they do that anyway?), it -could- be argued that they just didn't find the cursed items the first time, so it's not really an immersion breaker. If I can find an easy, performance-friendly way to implement a "already looted this" tag, I would go for it, but I am not going to jump though huge hoops for it, tbh. It's more an inconvenience than anything, IMHO.

My biggest concern for relooting was the player home containers anyway. Like I said before, I like to use all the containers in a home to keep things organized. I would have been fine with the player containers firing off once (or even 10 times) before becoming completely safe. I am just in them too often to make keeping them always risky viable. :)

P.S. I can't believe I forgot about the empty container flagging mechanic :blush:

If I am not totally mistaken CrosshaiRef doesn't reliably work if you're in 3rd person mode. But the trigger method should be solved anyway, thanks to Ms Leeches and her ingenious perk system idea. :)

Worked well for us, when using the CrosshairRef to get a free chair for our test follower.

Afterall, to activate something the cursor must be on the target (label displaying) so it should work.

What is not working reliable is if you ctach alot of things dynamicly via CrosshairRef in 3rd person, as the displayed Crosshair is not exctly located where the character is actually looking at, especially at longer distances. But as for activating stuff (which is close distance and needs the cursor on the ref anyway) this should work reliably.

The player houses should be complete safe now, too. Before, only the chests were exempt, from 1.1 onward, every container in a player house will be.

Nice. :)

And yeah, bloating save games is a no-go. If people repeatedly search the same containers (why would they do that anyway?), it -could- be argued that they just didn't find the cursed items the first time, so it's not really an immersion breaker. If I can find an easy, performance-friendly way to implement a "already looted this" tag, I would go for it, but I am not going to jump though huge hoops for it, tbh. It's more an inconvenience than anything, IMHO.

You could remember only a specific amount and if the list is full, delete the oldest one and add the new one, having as well an automatic decay for those entries, so the oldest will be deleted f.e. after the same time vanilla repopulates areas/respawns flowers and such.

Would be handy for when the player checked a chest, noted she/he is overloaded, returns to the horse/gives it to a follower and then opens the chest again for looting the rest.

I tried the current version "Deviously Cursed Loot v1.0 beta 1" and found it added real sense to the the arousal state.

It changed the way I played the game in an interesting way, in a nice way.

I liked it a lot! 

Unfortunately I had to uninstall the mod, because it crashed my game quite often, always at the same moment, when I opened a container.

Sometimes the crash came immediately after opening the container, sometimes one or several message boxes appeared first - giving information about the cursed loot my char just found - and it crashed, when I confirmed them.

I really want to find out, what exactly crashes the game and hope someone could tell me if there is a way to debug the script.

I need to know: 

1. How do I write a message to a log file from inside a papyrus script?

... so I can change the original scripts in the mod to log how far they went before the crash.

2. In which log-file will this message appear?

Thanks to the author for this interesting mod!

... and thanks in front for any help debugging it.

P.S.

I have a lot of mods installed, "DD for  the masses 2" being one of them. And my first guess would be that this might be the conflicting mod.