Feature Request: Expanded 'Help me, please...' dialog.

Cursed Loot has a lot of fun secondary functionality.

Device Comments, Public Indecency, Solicitation, Misgogeny, Rape...

Many of which can compound in amusing ways:

Ie I think Device Comments can trigger during the start of a Solictation sequence where you might get equipped with a blindfold that would then enable Rape to trigger, after which you get charged with Public Indecency...

And that's ignorning things like Slut Collars or other items that can themselves somewhat complicate speaking to NPCs.

But none of this is that relevant if you don't have a reason to interact with NPC's whilst Deviced/Cursed.

Which, currently, you don't really.

In order to escape your predicament, you need to either make or find the relevant keys.

Making keys does involve sneaking around town which can trigger some events, but that's about it.

Get an armbinder or something that stops you making a key? You have to escape. You can run back to town all helpless and vulnerable if you like, but it's not going to help. And after the seemingly 100th 'struggle' attempt, it gets rather boring to be honest.

Get caught with someone that takes Rare or non-standard keys and your best / seemingly only option is to wander around the wilderness slaughtering bandits and looting their camps until one drops the relevant key. This can also be a bit of a game stopper, and I have frequently found myself safewording out rather than carrying on because it's so much trouble.

I would like to see a more extensive 'please help me' dialog tree, whereby you can pay blacksmiths to not just release you from High Security restraints, but from Rare keyed items & items that stop you from interacting with people/items (ie armbinders etc).

This would directly increase the likelyhood of triggering events like Device Comments/Actions and Misogeny, and it would indirectly encourage Solicitation (you need to pay the blacksmith) and Rape (there has to be at least a blacksmith around). Don't forget if you are gagged you will probably be interacting with the blacksmith multiple times in order to sucessfully get to the relevant dialog! Not only that, but by making some of the more 'challenging' events more managable it encourages you to increase the likelyhood of them occuring in the first place. Oh, and you get comedy situations like deciding to stumble back through the wilderness blindfolded and helpless in order to get to a blacksmith who can free you...

I am aware that similar functionality exists in other mods (*cough* Sanguines Debauchery.). But I havn't had a lot of luck running both mods together, and the main reason I am interested in it is because of it's interaction with cursed loot.

As always with these things, it's only an idea.

But I thought I would put it up, together with my reasons for it.

I am constantly adding features to make device escape more interested than just rummaging through containers until you find a key. Because I agree, that's essentially boring. However, the escape must be challenging in other ways than just running up to somebody and buying a key or tipping them for helping you out of even the toughest restraints (for that reason I am not a fan of the SD dialogue). If you get locked in an item that requires 3 rare keys, the escape needs to reflect the difficulty level of that item. Collecting the keys for such an item would take you many in-game hours and I don't want to trivialize these items by putting in the equivalent of a key merchant you just go to and ask for release (even if they'd rape you 2 times before unlocking you, it would be too easy).

So, in short - I am totally open for suggestions how to make escaping difficult devices more interesting, but it can't trivialize the items in the process.

@Kimy - How long then before release please?

I will never, ever commit to any ETAs, sorry. It's done when it's done. :)

Hi Kimy, is there any chance of a future version having a status icon or something similar as a more constant reminder when a character is "visibly bound" some items that trigger the visibly bound message (which sometimes disappears before I notice it !) are hidden by some armors?

You can see your current vulnerability status in the MCM debug window, but I currently don't have any plans to add widgets etc. I am a fan of a minimal UI, tbh.

Feature Request: Expanded 'Help me, please...' dialog.

Cursed Loot has a lot of fun secondary functionality.

Device Comments, Public Indecency, Solicitation, Misgogeny, Rape...

Many of which can compound in amusing ways:

Ie I think Device Comments can trigger during the start of a Solictation sequence where you might get equipped with a blindfold that would then enable Rape to trigger, after which you get charged with Public Indecency...

And that's ignorning things like Slut Collars or other items that can themselves somewhat complicate speaking to NPCs.

But none of this is that relevant if you don't have a reason to interact with NPC's whilst Deviced/Cursed.

Which, currently, you don't really.

In order to escape your predicament, you need to either make or find the relevant keys.

Making keys does involve sneaking around town which can trigger some events, but that's about it.

Get an armbinder or something that stops you making a key? You have to escape. You can run back to town all helpless and vulnerable if you like, but it's not going to help. And after the seemingly 100th 'struggle' attempt, it gets rather boring to be honest.

Get caught with someone that takes Rare or non-standard keys and your best / seemingly only option is to wander around the wilderness slaughtering bandits and looting their camps until one drops the relevant key. This can also be a bit of a game stopper, and I have frequently found myself safewording out rather than carrying on because it's so much trouble.

I would like to see a more extensive 'please help me' dialog tree, whereby you can pay blacksmiths to not just release you from High Security restraints, but from Rare keyed items & items that stop you from interacting with people/items (ie armbinders etc).

This would directly increase the likelyhood of triggering events like Device Comments/Actions and Misogeny, and it would indirectly encourage Solicitation (you need to pay the blacksmith) and Rape (there has to be at least a blacksmith around). Don't forget if you are gagged you will probably be interacting with the blacksmith multiple times in order to sucessfully get to the relevant dialog! Not only that, but by making some of the more 'challenging' events more managable it encourages you to increase the likelyhood of them occuring in the first place. Oh, and you get comedy situations like deciding to stumble back through the wilderness blindfolded and helpless in order to get to a blacksmith who can free you...

I am aware that similar functionality exists in other mods (*cough* Sanguines Debauchery.). But I havn't had a lot of luck running both mods together, and the main reason I am interested in it is because of it's interaction with cursed loot.

As always with these things, it's only an idea.

But I thought I would put it up, together with my reasons for it.

I am constantly adding features to make device escape more interested than just rummaging through containers until you find a key. Because I agree, that's essentially boring. However, the escape must be challenging in other ways than just running up to somebody and buying a key or tipping them for helping you out of even the toughest restraints (for that reason I am not a fan of the SD dialogue). If you get locked in an item that requires 3 rare keys, the escape needs to reflect the difficulty level of that item. Collecting the keys for such an item would take you many in-game hours and I don't want to trivialize these items by putting in the equivalent of a key merchant you just go to and ask for release (even if they'd rape you 2 times before unlocking you, it would be too easy).

So, in short - I am totally open for suggestions how to make escaping difficult devices more interesting, but it can't trivialize the items in the process.

How about the following (forgive me if my suggestion is impossible - or way too much work) : The keys get spawned into the inventories of random NPCs (although the mod itself knows which). Now you got to ask around if someone knows anybody who has such a key. These people might then (depending on, let's say morality, or if you helped them previously (maybe too much work)) ask for compensation, give a short run-and-fetch quest, ask for money, maybe just a dialogue quest where you have to answer a few questions (which might or might not influence the rest of the escape).

And to make things interesting some of the NPCs might lie (a concept that has rarely been explored in any game I know), some will simply not know anybody (didn't stop them from using you, though).

If you finally find someone who might have a key, they will again (maybe dependent on your personality) give you different errants to do. Some might just want sex. Others might want you to "help" their friend, whom you have to seduce (to introduce more difficulties...now that I think about it how about a husband/wife of a rival (for blackmail purposes), that will then (later) try to get revenge...ok I think I've strayed too far), some might give you a key just because they want to help, others just want money, run-and-fetch etc.

But ofc. some of them simply don't have a key. Some will (again) lie in that regard though. When they do you can beg them for giving you the key. If they actually have one there is let's say a 30% chance of giving it to you. Then you can beg them again (again 30%). If you beg too often they will try to shut you up. Maybe if you were too annoying (and already had a gag, but still tried to...) they will tell you to accompany them to the key (maybe with a blindfold)...and leave you somewhere in skyrim instead. (Though it would be great if that wasn't just "random place in skyrim", but in the proximity of the nearest city/village, just to differentiate it from bondage adventure.

Ok, wow, wall of text and probably waaay to much work.

On a different note:

A thing that bothered me more that it should is: You can ask people locking you into restraints to free you. (E.g. after solicitation "I've lost the keys anyway", you ask for help and they give you the fitting key)

Another thing is that you can just spam "help me", and wait for the release. (And suddenly the NPC has a key...or can even unlock all restraint even though he has "no idea how").

Is there any way for skyrim to remember who has locked sth. on you within the last X hours/last entering the cell (and they will not help you, with a "I've told you I've lost the key", "No." or something similar. Maybe if you get too annoying they lock sth additional? Call the guards?)

Same thing with the spamming, some "I told you [...]", eventually a "stop bothering me", "go away", etc. (+ some punishment for beeing too annoying?)

Just my 2 cents.

An excellent answer.

I can respect that point of view.

...the catch being, that is kinda what I am trying to avoid happening.

I want my game complicated and made more interesting by Devious Devices and Cursed Loot events etc.

But I don't want it derailed entirely.

I like Cursed Loot. I like the tension it adds, I like the increased variety in in-game events, and I like the bonus kink. It's good stuff. I don't want to spend hours and hours of gameplay scratting around bandit camps when I could be doing more storyline and plot.

One of the many ace things about Cursed Loot is how configurable everything is. You get to make it mostly do what you want. Infact, to reference your example - I don't think I could escape from said 3 key item in my current configuration. I've set it up so that there is a 100% chance of losing keys whenever I trigger a new device or try and put them down somewhere. I don't want to be able to shrug the event off going 'oh look I have the right key on me!'. I want to have to go and respond to the event. So the odds of me being able to collect 3 rare keys at once before I lose them all are very slim!

I'm not trying to get you to change your mind. It's your mod, and you get to decide how you want it to work. I just thought I would kinda explain my logic a bit more!

I'm not trying to get you to change your mind. It's your mod, and you get to decide how you want it to work. I just thought I would kinda explain my logic a bit more!

There is no need to change my mind, because I essentially agree with most of what you said. I am totally willing to add more alternative ways to earn keys, and I am listening to any suggestions you can come with, as long as they preserve the general difficulty level of the item you want to escape from. A key merchant is -not- it, that's all. ;)

There is no need to change my mind, because I essentially agree with most of what you said. I am totally willing to add more alternative ways to earn keys, and I am listening to any suggestions you can come with, as long as they preserve the general difficulty level of the item you want to escape from. A key merchant is -not- it, that's all. ;)

Lol. And here was me thinking it was an elegant and simple solution that also provided a handy gold sink as well.

I shall have a think.

It did occur to me that begging a priest for help and then being sent on a random quest as penance would provide an alterative option if you couldn't afford a blacksmith's help. Of course, it might not be the sort of quest you wanted to do...possibly one of the thieves guild or dark brotherhood radials that means you might get a bounty as a result(*).

Or 'This person has offended the gods, go kill them'. The catch? They are the start point for a quest arc, so if you want to complete that quest arc you have to do so before you slay them in the name of the gods...

Naturally, this is a one time offer if you havn't completed a previous penance quest...

(*) = This would work best in combination with Prison Overhaul, but also works well with Contraband. When most of your equipment is stolen, you really don't want to have a bounty or get arrested!

I tried add your mod to current play again, because i always enjoy, but stripping item is still strange to me  :s

It still will strip all items from player (ignore normal Sexlab setting), and also ignore Sexlab special "Never Strip" setting, when only sex act is initiated, like Misogyny

But i think it respect "Never Strip" when adding DD items

Other way would make sense, but this way it seem really weird?

Was that like stupid question?  :-/

Hi Kimy, is there any chance of a future version having a status icon or something similar as a more constant reminder when a character is "visibly bound" some items that trigger the visibly bound message (which sometimes disappears before I notice it !) are hidden by some armors?

You can see your current vulnerability status in the MCM debug window, but I currently don't have any plans to add widgets etc. I am a fan of a minimal UI, tbh.

Excellent thanks.

Quick question:

How do containers that have previously been cursed, and activated, become eligible to be activated again? Does the cell need to reset, or does the cell simply need to be unloaded? Or is there some timer?

I believe it tracks last 10 (or some other number) of containers you opened.

Quick question:

How do containers that have previously been cursed, and activated, become eligible to be activated again? Does the cell need to reset, or does the cell simply need to be unloaded? Or is there some timer?

I believe it tracks last 10 (or some other number) of containers you opened.

40, but yes, once you opened 40 containers, the first becomes eligible again.

Throwing out a few suggestions in here for alternate escape methods, in line with the conversation above.

-Hammer and Tongs: You can use these vanilla misc objects, and/or your smithing expertise to attempt to bend or break off (and possibly destroy) some of the iron and steel restraints. With a drawback of having a chance to permanently damage the lock (the lock gets jammed).

-Cutting: Simply use a bladed weapon to cut off leather and possibly rubber restraints. Obvious drawbacks are cutting yourself, and destroying the restraint.

-Brute Force: Attempting to forcefully slip your arms/legs/whatever out of the restraints. This being a fairly difficult task, with the risk of damaging yourself by dislocating bones or causing bruises (depicted by a Health/Stamina debuff that lasts an hour or two).

-Werewolf Transformation: When you transform into a werewolf, or vampire lord, the restraints have a chance to snap off, or constrict you causing intense pain (again a Health/Stamina debuff).

So annoying the tentacle parasite Drawn all the stamina , how do u suppose to fight with lengendry diffculties

Get rid of the tentacle parasite?

I don't think DCL is ment to make combat easier ...

As it happens, part of what I enjoy about the mod is that things get harder as I get more and more tied up, therefore increasing the chance of Defeat etc triggering...which results in increased wear and tear / more Devious Devices, therefore making fights even harder...etc.

Do you turn back? Will you be able to get back to town ok? Can you then get back to the dungeon before the cell resets?

I love the fact that dungeons are suddenly way more complicated / involving than just 'kill everything, take their stuff.'

Version 5.8

- Added: Heretic items released with the newest DDX version have been added to the drop list. This version is now required.
- Added: Cursed Trap victims. You are not the only hapless girl constantly getting tied up by these vicious cursed containers. There are others. Some of the poor things walk around in large cities and inns, tied up like christmas gifts - to the pity or amusement of the residents. You can talk to them. And since they can't help it, you can do with them what you want - EXACTLY like what the good people of Skyrim would do with you in their place. You can help them if you want. Or leave them to their restricted misery. That, or you can just take...whatever you want to take.
- Added: Jack The Belter. This evil misogynist pries only on the most beautiful women in Skyrim, locking chastity belts on them in their sleep or sometimes even in a brazen assault. Nobody ever caught him, and none of his poor female victims ever managed to escape their belt. Some have been belted for years, with no hope to escape and have sex again. You better don't fall victim to him. And if you do...well...good luck finding him! At least one thing about him is commonly known - he -really- loves ale. Which means he's hanging out in taverns a lot.
- Added: Failed solication or public indencency can now end up with you having to wear a chain harness. It's...quite humiliating, but people think you're a whore, so you deserve it!
- Added: If she belted you, Sasha can now use the remote control to make the plugs go off inside of you. It's only fair! Admit it: You do it too, you evil person, you!
- Added: You can now ask Sasha to remove the yoke when in cities while she's dominant. She understands that her plaything needs her hands free every now and then. It's costly, though. She will lock you in very restrictive leg restraints instead and take some of your gold for her troubles. Hey, it's additional work for her, and she's unionized!
- Added: Hobble Skirts have been added to the drop list. These super tight dresses will restrict your movement, so whereever you want to go while wearing this item - plan for more time!
- Added: New slave high heels have been added to the drop list.
- Added: New bondage mittens have been added to the drop list.
- Added: "Allow Animal Creatures" toggle in MCM. This option allows the selection of animal creatures for rape scenes. This includes Dogs, Wolves, Horses, Spiders, Chaurus, Sabre Cats and Bears. Note: This feature is provided AS IS! Bestiality content is still absolutely and totally UNSUPPORTED. No features specific to it will ever be added to the mod, so there is still no need to request them. Issues caused by or releated to allowing animals will NOT be addressed in any shape or fashion. The only thing this toggle actually does is merely preventing animals from actively getting filtered out by DCL, so they can (and will!) get picked up for rape scenes.
- Added: If you are gagged, you can now ask NPCs to feed you. They are somehow able to shove the food past your ball gag even (mashed potatoes? spinach?) If they are helpful, that is. You still have to get past the gag dialogue as applicable.
- Added: The Maiden's Shield: Skyrim is a harsh place (yeah, I know, I keep saying that!), where even the strongest of women get assaulted and raped on a daily basis. This chastity belt can protect them from the dangers. It is also the tool of choice for women who want to preserve their virginity. This belt's locking system is impossible to pick - there is no key that could unlock this belt. Instead, it features a timed lock that will release one week after it was engaged. It also means that once you lock it on yourself, you will be stuck in it until the timer runs out, no matter how horny you are! Unlike any other belt, this belt counts as full chastity gear and will prevent most sex attacks, even without wearing a bra or gag along with it! You can find it in Fort Helgen or buy it from the Dollmaker.
- Added: Enemies now have a chance to surrender when their health is getting low. You can do with them what you want. Including taking their stuff and their bodies. You know the drill. They do it to you, too. Yes, it's MCM customizable!
- Changed: Breast and butt scaling has been converted to use RaceMenu morphing as well. Looks -way- better. Yes, really! Instead of torpedo boobs you now grow proper melons. Woot! Again, make sure to build your body and outfits with the "RaceMenu Morphs" toggle ON in Bodyslide! That or don't complain about not growing anything, not even torpedo boobs. But you know you want these melons, right?
- Changed: The Tentacle Parasite has been updated with a model made by tarl7. Its tentacle is now actually shown in the place where it always claimed it would be - inside you! That's where tentacles belong!
- Changed: The gold catsuit textures have been updated by a better version made by HisDudeness2015! More shiny! More better!
- Changed: The ankle chains now have a proper ground model, contributed by LHM.
- Changed: Sasha's ankle chains are now shiny, no longer rusty. Can't lock the poor thing in a set of rusty shackles, right? Also contributed by LHM!
- Changed: Removed Maria Eden Slavery compatibility patch (obsolete).
- Changed: Self bondage has been changed to no longer trigger with 100% certainty when your arousal is over the threshold. This should make the feature more interesting and less punishing.
- Changed: Leon/Leah: Adjusted the punishment thresholds so that harsher punishments require greater disobedience.
- Changed: Leon/Leah: Adjusted the extent of the various punishments and rewards to scale based on MCM settings.
- Changed: Leon/Leah: Adjusted restraint level thresholds to scale based on MCM settings.
- Changed: Leon/Leah: Asking to wear a chastity belt equips only the belt and, if strict bondage is enabled, a chastity bra (no plugs).
- Changed: Leon/Leah: When removing generic restraints for sex, Leon/Leah will now replace them with Obsidian restraints.
- Changed: Leon/Leah: Added disposition bonuses for give keys and gold (bonus level depends on quantity of gold given).
- Changed: Leon/Leah: Added disposition bonuses for voluntarily wearing armbinder/belt for extended periods (the longer you wear them, the better the bonus).
- Changed: Leon/Leah: Especially high/low short-term disposition adds/subtracts bonuses to daily long-term disposition changes.
- Changed: Leon/Leah: Changed both device lists so that when ankle chains are removed, leg cuffs will replace them until arm cuffs are also removed.
- Changed: DCL boots have been adapted to use the new sprint penalty system introduced with DDI 3.3.
- Fixed: Gloves can now be equipped by traps when not using progressive bondage.
- Fixed: Victorious enemies will now properly tie up the character after a defeat.
- Fixed: Sasha will now be able to actually take your keys when dominating you. Not just boasting about it. Don't ask me how much red wine she had before that occured to her.
- Fixed: The Bondage Mittens got smarter and will now properly unequip -all- your weapons, including the spells.
- Fixed: Leon/Leah: Non-Leon/Leah restraints are removed when restraints are updated.
- Fixed: Leon/Leah: Fix for plugs sometimes failing to re-equip after sex.
- Fixed: Leon/Leah: Fixed "Free her" message box to be non-Leon specific.
- Fixed: Leon/Leah: Fixed remove restraints routine so that it successfully removes piercings.
- Fixed: Leon/Leah: Skip rule check until next clock tick while the player is in dialog with Leon/Leah.
- Fixed: Male player characters are now put in the correct position when DCL triggers a sex scenes. More fun for the girls!
- Fixed: The keyholder feature is now suspended when the Damsel in Distress quest is running, and no longer making it impossible to complete it.
- Fixed: Progressive bondage no longer tries to equip piercings through chastity bras and belts (Thanks, ssonly!)
- Fixed: You no longer bind yourself in your sleep when selfbondage is disabled globally.
- Fixed: Solicitation: When the "When Collared" opetion is active, Dance Naked and Sex for Keys are now available when any collar is worn, not just the slave collar.
- Fixed: The shackles can't be unlocked with a sharp item anymore. D'oh.
- Fixed: Combat surrender will no longer be chain applied if some mobs aren't picked up by a scene and decide to whack you after the scene (e.g. when they wandered in). Instead an outcome scenario will be applied.
- Fixed: Getting attacked while having lost of control will now make you stop masturbating. You can always play with yourself after disposing the pesky enemy!

Attention: This is a non-localized English version only. Oh, and yes, do DO need to have the newest DD release installed!!!!

Since we're talking about suggestions to remove devices I will propose some.

1) A Dare

This should only happen if you're wearing some devices, but are not in full chastity gear.

Requiring public Indencency to be on and being naked active as a crime would be a bonus.

You talk to a NPC and he dares you to walk around the city naked, like go to this marker in the city with the devices you're currently wearing and maybe do a prank at your destination (could be something illegal) and come back to him. (Maybe give to the player something that makes sneaking harder)

Example: I dare you to go to the Whiterun guards barrack and drop this (stink bomb there/steal the guard A armor), but you can't wear anything except those devices and you have to carry this possibly noisy device.

The action could add a bounty to your character in the end.

After you succeed you get one key or one device removed.

2) Experimental arcane rituals of removal

You can start this quest by talkning to Mages only (Court mages, Winterhold mage teachers, etc)

It's "free" (but there is a catch on completion)

You talk to a mage and he channels a lot of magic energy in you, making your arousal keep increasing steadly and causing some orgasms until you complete it or until you reach the max number of orgasms and the spell fizzles. (The time limit could instead be tied to playing time)

The in game explanation for doing it for free could be something along the lines of  you're repaying the mage's debt with a daedra for powers/revelations received by carrying the energies to a more convenient place for the daedra or it's just magical training.

After accepting the mage will tell you to go to one of the Daedra statues/shrines/Word Wall around the world in order to release the magical energies.

When you get to the location you always get all devices (except quest devices) removed, and the arousaul increase stops, but you get a "restraints blessing" effect on your character.

- The "restraints blessing" should last for 1 to 3 in game days ( It could be playable hours, maybe no greater than 2 hours )

- When the blessing ends, there should be like 30% chance that the ritual fails and you get equipped with N high security restrainsts. (N should be the same number removed by the blessing)

- For each High security restraint removed, the chance of the blessing failing increases by 10%

This way you have some borrowed time to get money, for when the inevitable happens and you have to ask another mage for help or you decide to pay the blacksmith.

Do these new versions require a new game?

Because I got some rather unspecific Devious Device related errors the first time I slept in the Bannered Mare after updating, I think it was DCL related as I tried to reload the autosave and no errors happened and thus I'm suspecting some random event triggered them, the errors themselves didn't really say anything other than that something seems to have gone wrong.