Guest smellbo

Well, after I saw this idea, I thought "that'll never happen, what a shame"

I was officially proven wrong, Well done. can't wait to try it  :D

Nice one, I'll give this a try

Does this apply to Boss chest as well (the big fancy ones)?

In case I didn't overlook them in CK, yes. The chances of them containing cursed loot would be the same as with any other container, though.

Ok.. so now turning into a bound little package is starting to be rather easy. Good  :)

Now what is missing is a system to get out of these things that does not require nor actually allow the player himself/herself to actively struggle or try picking locks. Depending on arousal and maybe experience (some hidden skill system perhaps) your char would try to do this things automatically at times. :)

But in any event this seems to be a nice mod that adds depth to the whole devious devices approach .   :)     Oh, and off to test this right now :)

Nice one, I'll give this a try

Does this apply to Boss chest as well (the big fancy ones)?

In case I didn't overlook them in CK, yes. The chances of them containing cursed loot would be the same as with any other container, though.

As a suggestion for a future upgrade, have a percentage chance for different types of chests. For instance, a Draugr Urn would have a higher chance of a device trapping the pc as you cannot see inside it, whereas an ordinary chest would be lower as you can see inside.

However if you were sneaking the percentage chance would be higher as you would be concentrating on remaining hidden rather than looking in the chest (I'm thinking of a Deviously Helpless effect coming in here where the player must make a choice between getting the loot fairly safely but risking a DH event (no sneak and weapon sheathed - can't pick a lock without both hands) versus staying hidden but increasing the risk of getting a device fitted).

Just some ideas

Ok.. so now turning into a bound little package is starting to be rather easy. Good :)

Now what is missing is a system to get out of these things that does not require nor actually allow the player himself/herself to actively struggle or try picking locks. Depending on arousal and maybe experience (some hidden skill system perhaps) your char would try to do this things automatically at times. :)

But in any event this seems to be a nice mod that adds depth to the whole devious devices approach . :) Oh, and off to test this right now :)

Check out DD_Restrained. It allows you to rely on the goodness of others to get those devices off, and quickly you realize how many wicked people inhabit Skyrim. ^_^

Does this modify the chest itself as it spawn or can I keep checking a barrel in the middle or the town and eventually get restrains?

The code currently doesn't check if and how often you already looted any given chest, so if that's what you really want: Keep digging for those restraints. ;)

Cool mod idea, will try out immediately. With devious captures missing the armbinder as item in the current build there are too few ways to get randomly equipped with devious devices.

And the cursed loot idea is just great.

One idea might be to tie it somewhat to the players success of restoring the thieves guild. Devious loot would be a superb way to protect your valuables if the threat of thieves is increasing. So the stronger the thieves guild gets the more frequent and meaner the devious loot gets  :D 

Very nice mod. I really like that there is now a better chance for higher level player to get stuck in devices.

While testing it today, I did notice that plugs don't always get equipped correctly.

1st try: received two plugs, both equipped.

2nd try: received two plugs, only one equipped.

3rd try: received one plug, did not equip.

I have two suggestions that I think would improve the mod.

The first would  be the ability to have the mod equip plugs, or randomly change plugs, if the player already has a belt or harness equipped.

The second is that when the mod equips an armbinder, to have the mod make sure that player does not have the "filled locks" option on the armbinder engaged. That way the player has to struggle to get it off all the time.

Awesome idea. Me likes!

Got to try this mod and see what happens if i a command my follower to loot a chest. ^^
i really hope this works for NPCs, finally giving Lydia a meaning as a follower by having her trigger those traps as well.

Very nice mod. I really like that there is now a better chance for higher level player to get stuck in devices.

While testing it today, I did notice that plugs don't always get equipped correctly.

1st try: received two plugs, both equipped.

2nd try: received two plugs, only one equipped.

3rd try: received one plug, did not equip.

I have two suggestions that I think would improve the mod.

The first would  be the ability to have the mod equip plugs, or randomly change plugs, if the player already has a belt or harness equipped.

The second is that when the mod equips an armbinder, to have the mod make sure that player does not have the "filled locks" option on the armbinder engaged. That way the player has to struggle to get it off all the time.

The plug thing I was able to reproduce. That one is not intended - you're always supposed to get two plugs. I will have to look into that, it's probably an issue with how Papyrus handles threads. Plugs are behaving a tad odd at times.

The armbinder works fine for me, though. I couldn't just take it off without struggling. It's absolutely not supposed to enable the cheat locks. No idea what happened there.